30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR OLD
1 HOUR TO 2 HOURS OLD
2 HOURS TO 4 HOURS OLD
4 HOURS OLD
Ivan Toney England call-up continues tale of redemption for Brentford striker
The Brentford striker could well make his debut for the national side against Italy on the grand stage of Milan's San Siro on September 23. Five years ago, he was out on loan at Wigan.
Coventry City are forced to POSTPONE Tuesday's Championship encounter with Wigan
Coventry City have postponed Tuesday's upcoming Championship meeting with Wigan Athletic due to problems with their pitch, that the club blame on Rugby Union side Wasps.
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND-UP: Norwich get new campaign off to a losing start after defeat by Cardiff
CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND-UP: The Canaries were relegated from the Premier League last season after finishing bottom and are tipped as one of the favourites to bounce back up.
EFL SEASON PREVIEW: Championship, League One and League Two get underway
Burnley, who return to second-tier football following six seasons as a Premier League club, get the action underway on Friday night with a visit to beaten play-off finalists Huddersfield Town.
SPORTS AGENDA: Wigan's players are paid late for the second month in a row
MIKE KEEGAN - SPORTS AGENDA: Agenda was informed that salaries were paid late last month by Wigan owner Talal Al Hammad, with the 'Queen's Jubilee' blamed for the delay.
Tom Keane - BROTHER of Everton defender Michael - is set to join Manchester United as transfer chief
EXCLUSIVE: Sportsmail understands solicitor Tom Keane, from legal firm Brandsmiths, is joining the Old Trafford club in a consultancy role from next month.
[…]The post Appreciating the six players to reach 100 Premier League goals without scoring a penalty first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Ranking the five favourites to win the Championship first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Ranking the PL players with the most goals without scoring a single penalty first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the most under appreciated Premier League forwards first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the most unique goals in Premier League history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post FA Cup third round – Team of the Week first appeared on The Football Faithful.
Wigan Athletic Latest News for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Tue, 13 Sep 2022 23:02:53 +0000: Championship roundup: Sheffield United extend lead at top with late win - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Brewster and Khadra combine for goal away at Swansea
- Blackburn beat Watford 2-0, Preston draw with Burnley
The Sheffield United manager, Paul Heckingbottom, praised his substitutes Rhian Brewster and Reda Khadra after their late impact produced a 1-0 victory at Swansea. Brewster and Khadra combined in the fourth minute of stoppage time to extend the Blades’ lead at the top of the Championship to four points.
The former Swansea loanee Brewster set up Khadra and the on-loan German kept his composure to score his first Sheffield United goal. “You’ve got to make the most of them when you win a game like that, we’re going to enjoy it,” said Heckingbottom.Continue reading...
- Sat, 03 Sep 2022 18:28:19 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich sweep Coventry aside to go top - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Pukki, Sargent and Dowell score in fifth straight win
- Bristol City go third with 3-2 win at Blackburn
Norwich made it five consecutive league wins to go top of the Championship with a 3-0 win against Coventry.
Teemu Pukki fired his side into the lead 15 minutes into the game before Josh Sargent scored his fifth goal of the season to double the lead. The substitute Kieran Dowell capped off a strong afternoon for the host 10 minutes from time and the Sky Blues remain rooted to the bottom.Continue reading...
- Tue, 30 Aug 2022 21:38:38 +0000: Championship roundup: Sheffield United go top by routing Reading - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Former league leaders are beaten 4-0 at Bramall Lane
- Tony Mowbray announced as new manager of Sunderland
Sheffield United moved top of the Championship in commanding fashion with a 4-0 win over former leaders Reading. A clash between the top two sides in the division had looked an enticing prospect, but the home side cruised to a one-sided victory at Bramall Lane.
Oli McBurnie opened the scoring with a header from Max Lowe’s superb cross after 11 minutes and Anel Ahmedhodzic volleyed home from a corner seconds into the second period. Iliman Ndiaye put the result beyond doubt shortly after the hour and Ahmedhodzic completed the rout with a glancing header 10 minutes from time.Continue reading...
- Sat, 06 Aug 2022 17:03:25 +0000: Championship: Blackburn see off Swans and Simms shines for Sunderland - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Burnley held to 1-1 home draw by Luton at Turf Moor
- Chris Willock screamer helps QPR hold off Middlesbrough
Sammie Szmodics’ debut strike helped send Blackburn top of the formative Championship standings with a 3-0 win at Swansea.
Szmodics made a quick impact on his maiden outing after a switch from Peterborough, with Ben Brereton Díaz and Lewis Travis also on target. Rovers are the only side to boast two wins from two matches in the embryonic Championship campaign, topping the table ahead of promoted Sunderland.Continue reading...
- Sat, 06 Aug 2022 14:04:53 +0000: Dean Smith rails at ‘scandalous decision’ after Norwich frustrated by Wigan - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
Dean Smith railed against referee Matt Donohue after Norwich’s sluggish start to the Championship campaign continued with a 1-1 draw against newly promoted Wigan.
Smarting from an opening-day defeat at Cardiff, Norwich dominated for long periods in the East Anglian sunshine but were unable to make their superiority count. Max Aarons had cancelled out James McClean’s opener and was taken out by a strong challenge from Tom Naylor as he went looking for his second goal of the game. Naylor got the ball but Smith felt the challenge was overzealous.Continue reading...
The Wigan Football News Archives are detailed below:
- Wed, 05 Oct 2022 21:01:23 +0000: Hull end losing run with win against Wigan - BBC Sport
Hull City end a run of five consecutive Championship defeats as they come from behind to beat Wigan Athletic.
- Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:26:09 +0000: Wigan beat Millers for fourth straight away win - BBC Sport
Wigan win their fourth away game in a row after a hard-fought Championship victory over Rotherham.
- Sat, 17 Sep 2022 18:04:39 +0000: Ince free-kick earns Reading victory at Wigan - BBC Sport
Tom Ince's sumptuous free-kick earns victory over Wigan and takes Reading up to third in the Championship.
- Tue, 13 Sep 2022 20:48:48 +0000: Lang hits late winner as Wigan beat Huddersfield - BBC Sport
Callum Lang scores a late winner for Wigan as Huddersfield's losing Championship run stretches to three games.
- Sat, 03 Sep 2022 17:31:25 +0000: Wigan come from behind to beat Luton - BBC Sport
Wigan score twice in the final 10 minutes as they come from behind to win at in-form Luton.