30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR OLD
1 HOUR TO 2 HOURS OLD
2 HOURS TO 4 HOURS OLD
4 HOURS OLD
Tom Keane - BROTHER of Everton defender Michael - is set to join Manchester United as transfer chief
EXCLUSIVE: Sportsmail understands solicitor Tom Keane, from legal firm Brandsmiths, is joining the Old Trafford club in a consultancy role from next month.
Championship fixtures 2022-23: Burnley open the season with Huddersfield trip
The winter World Cup will see the Championship begin earlier than usual, with the first fixture on Friday July 29, with the final round of games on May 6.
West Ham set to make £20m bid for Emmanuel Dennis as relegated Watford struggle to keep players
West Ham are planning a £20m bid for Watford Striker Emmanuel Dennis. The Nigerian striker was a key performer for Watford this season as he scored 10 Premier League goals.
LEAGUE ONE ROUND-UP: Wigan are crowned champions with Rotherham also securing promotion
The Latics secured a 3-0 victory away to Shrewsbury, while Rotherham also achieve automatic promotion as they won 2-0 against Gillingham, who suffered relegation.
EFL ups and downs as Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest fight for Championship promotion
We're at the business end of the season in the EFL with matters of promotion, relegation and play-offs all set to be decided in the next few days. Here's what to look out for in the closing few weeks.
Jack Welsby is the Wigan fanatic starring for bitter rivals St Helens
INTERVIEW BY MIKE KEEGAN: For Jack Welsby, the next Super League superstar, it is pretty simple. 'I grew up in Wigan, my family are from Wigan,' he explains.
[…]The post Ranking the PL players with the most goals without scoring a single penalty first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the most under appreciated Premier League forwards first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the most unique goals in Premier League history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post FA Cup third round – Team of the Week first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League big boys kept apart in FA Cup fourth round draw first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Ranking the goalkeepers to have saved the most penalties in Premier League history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
Wigan Athletic Latest News for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:29:17 +0000: Wigan and Rotherham promoted to Championship, Plymouth miss playoffs - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- MK Dons win 5-0 at Argyle but miss out on automatic spot
- Gillingham, Doncaster and AFC Wimbledon all relegated
Will Keane’s double sealed Wigan Athletic’s League One title as they recorded a 3-0 win at Shrewsbury.
Striker Keane ended the campaign as the division’s top goalscorer, taking his tally to 26, to beat Sunderland’s Ross Stewart who finished with 24. The Latics cruised to the title, completing their promotion to the Championship, with Shrewsbury’s Josh Vela scoring an own goal to set the visitors on their way.Continue reading...
- Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:51:35 +0000: League One: Wigan promotion party on hold as Portsmouth stage comeback - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Latics lead 2-0 at break but slump to 3-2 defeat at Fratton Park
- Sunderland 1-1 Rotherham, Fleetwood 2-3 Sheffield Wednesday
Wigan Athletic’s promotion champagne was dramatically put back on ice as Portsmouth completed a remarkable comeback to win 3-2 at Fratton Park.
The League One leaders would have secured automatic promotion by avoiding defeat, and led 2-0 at half-time with goals from Callum Lang and Will Keane. But Pompey rallied, with George Hirst striking twice inside three second-half minutes before substitute Aiden O’Brien fired home an 87th-minute winner.Continue reading...
- Sat, 05 Feb 2022 18:53:01 +0000: FA Cup roundup: Kyle Walker-Peters saves Saints as Coventry come close - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- Dramatic Southampton comeback denies Coventry
- McLean header gives Norwich battling victory at Wolves
Ralph Hasenhuttl was left counting the cost of Southampton’s dramatic extra-time FA Cup win over Coventry. His side needed a fine Stuart Armstrong strike and a 112th-minute goal from Kyle Walker-Peters to seal a 2-1 victory, but the hosts lost defender Lyanco to a hamstring injury while striker Armando Broja had to be carried off.
“It’s not good,” was Hasenhuttl’s verdict on the pair. “Lyanco’s injury is very serious. Broja’s is the top of the knee and we’ll have to look at how serious it is. In an FA Cup game you cannot really control what happens. They are always so tight and so tough, especially against a team as organised as Coventry.”Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 Dec 2021 19:53:58 +0000: Wigan’s Charlie Wyke thanks manager for helping to save his life after collapse - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- CPR from Leam Richardson and club doctor kept striker alive
- Wyke out of hospital after procedure following cardiac arrest
Wigan’s Charlie Wyke has thanked his manager, Leam Richardson, and the club doctor Jonathan Tobin for saving his life after a cardiac arrest.
The striker collapsed in training on 22 November and Richardson and Tobin, who used to work at Bolton and was among four men who helped save Fabrice Muamba when the midfielder had a cardiac arrest at Tottenham in March 2012, stabilised his condition.Continue reading...
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 14:45:53 +0000: Wigan’s Charlie Wyke stable in hospital after collapsing during training - Wigan Athletic | The Guardian
- The player will not be available for the immediate future
- Mal Brannigan: ‘Priority is Charlie’s health and wellbeing’
The Wigan Athletic striker Charlie Wyke is in a stable condition in hospital after collapsing during training earlier this week.
The club announced on Thursday that 28-year-old Wyke received treatment from Latics medical staff after the incident on Monday before being taken to hospital. He is continuing to be monitored and will be unavailable for selection for the immediate future.Continue reading...
The Wigan Football News Archives are detailed below:
- Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:43:33 +0000: Carabao Cup and Papa Johns Trophy: Derby County to face Mansfield Town in both competitions - BBC Sport
Derby will take on Mansfield in two EFL competitions having been drawn against them in the Carabao Cup and Papa Johns Trophy.
- Thu, 23 Jun 2022 08:00:12 +0000: Championship fixtures: Vincent Kompany's Burnley start at Huddersfield Town - BBC Sport
Vincent Kompany's first Championship game in charge of Burnley will be at Huddersfield in the first match of the season on 29 July.
- Sat, 18 Jun 2022 15:18:37 +0000: James McClean: Wigan winger predicts 'very exciting future' for Republic of Ireland - BBC Sport
Republic of Ireland winger James McClean says a perfect mix of youth and experience provides a positive future for the team.
- Sun, 05 Jun 2022 17:00:25 +0000: Premier League, EFL, Scottish football: Ups, downs & European qualification - BBC Sport
All you need to know about promotion, relegation and qualification for Europe in England and Scotland's top men's football leagues.
- Fri, 27 May 2022 08:43:45 +0000: Gavin Massey: Wigan Athletic release winger after five seasons - BBC Sport
Wigan Athletic release winger Gavin Massey after five seasons, with James McClean's contract extended by a further year.