30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR OLD
1 HOUR TO 2 HOURS OLD
2 HOURS TO 4 HOURS OLD
4 HOURS OLD
Chris Sutton and Martin Keown give their thoughts on the Premier League season so far
As top-flight football takes a breather, Sportsmail's experts assess the race so far and predict who'll win gold and who'll fall flat on the last leg once the season re-commences after the winter break.
Manchester City edging close to completing transfer of River Plate striker Julian Alvarez
He is not expected to join the Premier League champions straight away, however, and there is the option of him remaining at River on a loan deal. His contract at River runs until December this year.
Liverpool and Man City 'hold transfer talks' with PSV Eindhoven winger Cody Gakpo
The winger is expected to sign a new long-term deal with the Dutch side which would run until 2026 but Liverpool and Man City have not been deterred as they held talks.
TEN things we learned from the Premier League this weekend
There is plenty to reflect on in the Premier League heading into the international break, with both ends of the table providing twists following the weekend's results. Here is what we learned.
Liverpool: Jordan Henderson left fuming as the shirt he gives to supporter is stolen by another fan
The travelling fans were left delighted with the victory and the skipper showed his appreciation for their support by giving his match day shirt to a supporter.
Virgil van Dijk is adamant there is 'NO point' Liverpool fixating on chasing Manchester City
Virgil van Dijk insists Liverpool are paying no attention to Manchester City despite closing the gap on their Premier League title rivals. City have played a game more than Liverpool.
[…]The post Hitmen: Five of the best Serie A strikers of the 90s first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Heroes and Villains: Premier League Gameweek 23 first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League Awards: Rashford comes up clutch, Salisu shines, and Ziyech’s stunner first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League to change rules following frustration at Covid postponements first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League Team of the Week – Gameweek 23 first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Guardiola ‘happy with the performance’ as Southampton end Man City’s winning run first appeared on The Football Faithful.
The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:04:47 +0000: Is the Premier League title race back on? – Football Weekly - Manchester City | The Guardian
On the podcast today; a not entirely convincing Liverpool beat Crystal Palace 3-1 to gain some ground on Manchester City at the top of the Premier League. The panel discuss potential offsides and a controversial penalty in that game.Continue reading...
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 20:22:05 +0000: Southampton 1-1 Manchester City: Premier League – as it happened - Manchester City | The Guardian
The champions and leaders dominated, but obdurate Saints refused to buckle, ending City’s winning Premier League sequence at 12
4 min: City keep on with the keep ball. But then Rodri miscontrols, Ward-Prowse snaffles, and Dias bowls Adams to the ground. A free kick just outside the centre circle.
2 min: Foden swings it in. Armstrong heads behind, and it’s the first corner of the evening. City play it short. De Bruyne eventually swings it in. Salisu heads it out. Saints have hardly had a touch yet.Continue reading...
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:26:33 +0000: Aymeric Laporte spares Manchester City’s blushes at battling Southampton - Manchester City | The Guardian
It must have felt peculiar at full time for Manchester City, as they left the pitch without the full complement of points in a Premier League game for the first time since October. They failed to extend their winning run to 13 matches but they avoided defeat after Aymeric Laporte headed in a second-half equaliser to open up a 12-point advantage over second-placed Liverpool, who have two games in hand.
Pep Guardiola bristles at suggestions that City have a fourth title in five seasons all but secured and Southampton, who proved challenging opponents, provided the perfect evidence that it may not be a stroll to the finish line after all.Continue reading...
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:30:36 +0000: Pep Guardiola will make Manchester City contract decision at end of season - Manchester City | The Guardian
- Current deal runs until 2023 but 51-year-old may sign extension
- ‘My decision will be taken with the club. I cannot betray them’
Pep Guardiola has said he may decide at the end of the season whether to sign a new contract at Manchester City and will not “betray” the club whenever he leaves.
The manager is in his sixth year at the champions and has a deal to summer 2023. Guardiola, who was 51 on Tuesday and has previously coached Barcelona and Bayern Munich in a 14-year career, says he continues to feel energised by the job.Continue reading...
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:10:35 +0000: Manchester City close to deal for River Plate’s Argentina forward Julián Álvarez - Manchester City | The Guardian
- Álvarez would not move to England until June at the earliest
- Negotiations continuing but fee in line to be less than £20m
Manchester City are close to signing the Argentina forward Julián Álvarez from River Plate, although the 21-year-old would not move to England until June at the earliest.
Negotiations are continuing, with City offering €16m (£13.4m) plus add-ons and River wanting a guarantee of at least €21m, but there is optimism at the Premier League club that an agreement will be struck.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:57:06 +0000: The Football News Show: Is Premier League title race still alive? - BBC Sport
With Manchester City dropping points and Liverpool winning, The Football News Show asks if the title race still alive?
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 13:57:16 +0000: Julian Alvarez: Manchester City target River Plate and Argentina forward - BBC Sport
Manchester City are hoping to complete a deal for River Plate and Argentina forward Julian Alvarez.
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 21:08:10 +0000: Southampton 1-1 Manchester City: Saints hold on for draw with Premier League leaders - BBC Sport
Southampton hold on for a well-earned draw at St Mary's to end Manchester City's 12-game winning run in the Premier League.
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 20:36:41 +0000: Southampton 1-1 Man City: Leaders gave 'exceptional' performance says Pep Guardiola - BBC Sport
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says his side gave an "exceptional" performance despite being held to a 1-1 draw against Southampton, ending their 12-match winning streak in the Premier League.
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 22:29:42 +0000: Pep Guardiola: Manager will not 'betray' Man City when he makes decision on future - BBC Sport
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he will not "betray" the club when the time comes for the coach to make a decision on his future.