The EFL League Two table has been published for the 2022 – 2023 Season below. The Football24-7 team have updated the League Two football team data daily.
The EFL League Two, also known as Sky Bet League Two for sponsorship reasons, is the fourth tier of professional football leagues in England. It sits below the Premier League, the EFL Championship, and EFL League One in the English football league system. The league is governed by the English Football League (EFL).
Facts about the EFL League Two
- Clubs: The league consists of 24 teams, which compete against each other over the course of a season. These teams are typically located in various towns and cities across England.
- Promotion and Relegation: At the end of each season, the top three teams in League Two are automatically promoted to EFL League One, while the fourth promotion place is determined through a playoff competition involving the teams finishing in fourth to seventh positions. On the other hand, the bottom two teams are usually relegated to the National League, the fifth tier of English football.
- Schedule: League Two follows a regular league format, with each team playing a total of 46 matches (23 home games and 23 away games) throughout the season. The matches are usually held from August to May.
- Fanbase and Attendance: The attendance figures in League Two can vary significantly depending on the popularity and success of the individual clubs. Some teams have loyal fanbases and can attract substantial crowds, while others may have smaller attendances.
- Financial Considerations: The financial resources available to clubs in League Two tend to be more limited compared to higher divisions. Clubs often operate with lower budgets and rely on a mixture of ticket sales, sponsorship deals, and player transfers to sustain their operations.
- Development and Pathway: EFL League Two serves as an important developmental platform for young players, providing opportunities for them to gain experience and potentially progress to higher levels of professional football.
The EFL League Two represents an integral part of the English football pyramid, offering competitive football, local rivalries, and the possibility of promotion to higher divisions for its participating clubs.
Here are some of the team standings for the EFL League Two season.