The Fulham Latest Football News for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Sun, 13 Nov 2022 20:04:13 +0000: ‘It should be done in a better way’: Fernandes criticises Qatar World Cup - Fulham | The Guardian
- Portugal midfielder speaking after United win at Fulham
- ‘We know the surroundings … about the people that died’
Bruno Fernandes has become the most outspoken critic yet of the World Cup among those who will actually be playing in it. “It’s not exactly the time we want to be playing in the World Cup,” the Manchester United midfielder said after his side’s 2-1 win at Fulham.
“I think for everyone, players and fans, it’s not the best time. Kids will be at school, people will be working and the timings will not be the best for people to watch the games.”Continue reading...
- Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:46:00 +0000: Alejandro Garnacho sinks Fulham with last-gasp Manchester United winner - Fulham | The Guardian
Paul Tierney blew his whistle, the ball dropped out of the sky and was grabbed by Tim Ream, and history was made as the Premier League, for the first time ever, broke for the World Cup. The final game before the six-week shutdown was an enjoyable romp that culminated with that most familiar of tropes, a last-minute Manchester United winner, slid in by the 18-year-old substitute Alejandro Garnacho.
A crisp evening by the Thames. The bells of All Saints welcoming the throng through Bishops Park. Smoke rising from the fast-food vans into the chill, clear air. The trees an autumnal gold. In the morning, a gentle mist had hung over the river, perfect for the old maids to cycle through on their way to holy communion. It was the sort of November day that has made trips to Craven Cottage so evocative since it first became the home of Fulham in 1896. It certainly was not the sort of day to make you feel as though, a week less half an hour after kick-off, the World Cup would be getting under way.Continue reading...
- Sun, 13 Nov 2022 18:25:28 +0000: Fulham 1-2 Manchester United: Premier League – as it happened - Fulham | The Guardian
Alejandro Garnacho broke Fulham hearts with a last-gasp winner at Craven Cottage
1 min: Casemiro ends a period of scrappy play by funnelling the ball out to Malacia, who is starting at right-back to offend all our aesthetic sensibilities.
After a minute’s silence for Remembrance Sunday, we’re ready to go. United to kick off.Continue reading...
- Sat, 12 Nov 2022 08:00:34 +0000: Stand and deliver: Fulham build on strong start to top-flight season - Fulham | The Guardian
Craven Cottage’s renovation needs Fulham to be in the Premier League but they are playing as if relegation is not a concern
Craven Cottage’s Riverside Stand is some way off completion, the club’s official line being that it will be fully operational for the 2023-24 season, but it was for home fixtures such as Sunday’s against Manchester United that it was renovated.
The structure’s towering exoskeleton has been a feature of the Thames in south-west London since 2019. What the club’s owner, Shahid Khan, described, rather grandiosely, as a “real gamechanger for Fulham Football Club, our neighbourhood, and all of London” has become dotted with fans. Capacity has climbed close to 25,000. Supporters in the lower tier of the new stand have been joined by some in the wings of the upper tier, before that anticipated full launch. That many are paying £100 for the privilege of sitting there, OAPs paying full price, supporters under 17 at £70, amid a cost-of-living crisis caused unwelcome headlines.Continue reading...
- Fri, 11 Nov 2022 17:10:38 +0000: Premier League team news: predicted lineups for the weekend action - Fulham | The Guardian
The World Cup is almost here but first one final round of fixtures features Newcastle v Chelsea and Wolves v Arsenal
Saturday 12.30pm BT Sport 1 Venue Etihad Stadium Last season Manchester City 2 Brentford 0Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 28 Nov 2022 20:01:04 +0000: Man City host Chelsea in FA Cup third round - BBC Sport
Manchester City will host Chelsea in the FA Cup third round, while holders Liverpool are at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Mon, 28 Nov 2022 12:01:52 +0000: 'Beautifully constructed' - Serbia's classy third - BBC Sport
Watch Aleksandar Mitrovic extend Serbia's lead with a "beautifully constructed" third goal in their Group G match at the World Cup.
- Fri, 25 Nov 2022 09:57:18 +0000: Stansfield aiming to make a name for himself - BBC Sport
Exeter City's Fulham loanee Jay Stansfield tells BBC Sport how he is aiming to make a name for himself at the League One club.
- Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:26:16 +0000: Wilson hails Williams' 'courage and bravery' - BBC Sport
Harry Wilson praises Wales team-mate Neco Williams for showing "great courage" after his grandfather's passing.
- Wed, 23 Nov 2022 06:31:27 +0000: Wales must be ready for Iran response - Wilson - BBC Sport
Midfielder Harry Wilson warns Wales that Iran will be keen to respond to their thrashing by England when they meet on Friday.