30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR OLD
1 HOUR TO 2 HOURS OLD
2 HOURS TO 4 HOURS OLD
4 HOURS OLD
Manchester United chief Darren Fletcher watched Watford star Ismaila Sarr on Monday
The Senegalese winger made headlines as he broke the deadlock from inside his own half, just ten minutes into the Championship game - after catching West Brom's David Button off his line.
Watford and West Brom eye Leicester's Choudhury on loan after their drab 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns
Leicester City midfielder Hamza Choudhury is attracting interest from Watford and West Brom. The Championship sides played out a drab 1-1 draw on Monday evening.
Ismaila Sarr, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Patrick Schick: the best halfway line goals
Watford star Ismaili Sarr stunned everyone on Monday night with a sensational lobbed goal from his own half to open the scoring against West Brom in the Championship.
Middlesbrough want loan deal for West Brom midfielder Alex Mowatt as a Marcus Tavernier replacement
Manager Chris Wilder has been pressing for new signings and sees the 27-year old former Leeds star as an ideal replacement for Marcus Tavernier, who left for Bournemouth last week.
Ismaila Sarr scores 'goal of the season' from inside his own half and is compared to David Beckham
Collecting the ball from a header out of defence, Sarr turned and saw the goalkeeper standing outside of his penalty area. Without barely a second thought, he unleashed a remarkable effort.
West Brom 1-1 Watford: Ismaila Sarr scores from inside his OWN HALF but then misses a penalty
TOM COLLOMOSSE AT THE HAWTHORNS: Ismaila Sarr produced one of the finest goals ever seen in the English game and yet still ended up a villain as well as a hero for Watford.
[…]The post Five of Jurgen Klopp’s most bizarre post-match excuses as Liverpool manager first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League to approve new EFL funding with parachute payments reduced first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the best Community Shield games ever first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the worst penalties ever taken in English football history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Fantasy Premier League: Five of the best budget defenders first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Ranking the five favourites to win the Championship first appeared on The Football Faithful.
West Bromwich Albion Latest News
- Mon, 08 Aug 2022 21:25:21 +0000: Watford’s Sarr scores from 60 yards but misses penalty in draw at West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Ismaïla Sarr’s wonder goal was described as “a moment of genius” by Watford head coach Rob Edwards after they drew 1-1 at West Brom.
Sarr was Watford’s hero and villain – scoring a goal reminiscent of David Beckham’s strike at Wimbledon in 1996 before missing a penalty. The 24-year-old Senegal forward gave Edwards’ side a 12th-minute lead with a spectacular chip from almost 60 yards out, before Karlan Grant equalised in first half stoppage time. But Sarr missed a 73rd-minute penalty as Albion controlled the game and should have won at a canter.Continue reading...
- Thu, 07 Jul 2022 06:00:41 +0000: I got a back-to-front West Brom tattoo - and I love it | Adrian Chiles - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
For my role in a sitcom a make-up artist gave me a temporary tattoo, but was mortified to find she had it the wrong way round. But I like it so much I’m thinking of making it permanent
On Ocean Drive, Miami, I once met a chap called Chad from South Yorkshire. He was clenching a crushed Coke can, his ankle wrapped in clingfilm. I asked him if he was OK. “Had a tattoo,” he explained. “Bloody agony.” He peeled back the cellophane to show me a word in Russian: “Фрикли”. I asked him what it meant and he told me it was where he was from. I asked him where he was from. “Frickley,” he said. I inquired as to why he would want Frickley tattooed on his leg in Cyrillic. He didn’t have an answer for me.
Chad was a football fan, in Miami for England’s warm-up game ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Incredibly, four years later, I bumped into him on Nikolskaya Street, Moscow, during the 2018 World Cup in Russia. I told him that if England won it, I’d pay for him to get “ENGLAND”, or rather “Англия”, tattooed on a bum cheek of his choosing. Sadly, neither event came to pass.Continue reading...
- Wed, 27 Apr 2022 10:50:14 +0000: Steve Bruce insists West Brom players live close to training – as he stays in Cheshire - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Bruce believes long journeys ‘cannot be good’ for players
- He says it is different for managers as they usually get sacked
Steve Bruce will insist that West Bromwich Albion’s players live or have a second home within an hour of the training ground next season but has explained why he will continue to commute from Cheshire.
Bruce feels the longer journeys made by a number of his players are having a negative impact. West Brom are 13th in the Championship and Bruce had targeted promotion when he took over as manager in early February with the club sixth.Continue reading...
- Wed, 06 Apr 2022 21:16:58 +0000: Championship roundup: Mitrovic extends Fulham’s lead at the top - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Prolific Serbian striker scores winner at Middlesbrough
- Bournemouth lose at West Brom; Forest sink Coventry
Aleksandar Mitrovic’s 38th league goal of the season clinched Fulham a 1-0 win at Middlesbrough and lifted them 11 points clear at the top of the Championship.
Mitrovic headed home Harry Wilson’s free-kick to break the deadlock in the 74th minute as the Cottagers took advantage of their nearest automatic promotion rivals Bournemouth’s defeat.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Mar 2022 22:41:42 +0000: Championship roundup: West Brom complete upset of leaders Fulham - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Callum Robinson’s second-half goal gives West Brom 1-0 win
- Bournemouth held by Reading; Blackburn see off Derby
Fulham missed the chance to move further clear at the top of the Championship table after they were beaten 1-0 at West Brom, though second-placed Bournemouth were unable to take full advantage.
The hosts at the Hawthorns went close in the first half when Karlan Grant’s effort was pushed on to the post by Marek Rodak before Callum Robinson finally made the breakthrough just after the hour.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Mon, 08 Aug 2022 22:10:03 +0000: Sarr scores from own half as Watford draw at West Brom - BBC Sport
Ismaila Sarr scores a spectacular chip from his own half but has a late penalty saved as Watford draw with West Bromwich Albion.
- Mon, 08 Aug 2022 17:14:13 +0000: Rochdale sign West Brom forward Tulloch on loan - BBC Sport
Rochdale sign West Bromwich Albion forward Rayhaan Tulloch on a season-long loan deal.
- Sat, 30 Jul 2022 19:55:28 +0000: Baggies come from behind to draw at Middlesbrough - BBC Sport
John Swift scores on his West Bromwich Albion debut as the Baggies cancel out Isaiah Jones' first-half goal to draw at Middlesbrough.
- Fri, 22 Jul 2022 18:41:58 +0000: Robins sign Taylor, Taylor, Jackson & Southwood - BBC Sport
Cheltenham boss Wade Elliott signs Ryan Jackson on a one-year deal, plus West Brom's Caleb Taylor, Bristol City's James Taylor and Reading keeper Luke Southwood on loan.
- Wed, 20 Jul 2022 11:23:34 +0000: O'Shea signs new West Bromwich Albion contract - BBC Sport
West Bromwich Albion defender Dara O'Shea signs a new contract with the Baggies until June 2025.