30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR OLD
1 HOUR TO 2 HOURS OLD
2 HOURS TO 4 HOURS OLD
4 HOURS OLD
Gareth Bale and Kieffer Moore both start for Wales
Rob Page opted to start Moore on the bench against the USA but the Bournemouth man's strong second half showing, in which Wales appeared much improved, has done enough to start.
Joe Allen returns to full training to give Wales huge boost ahead of their Group B clash with Iran
Joe Allen has returned to full training as the midfielder looks to play a part in Wales' World Cup campaign after recovering form the hamstring injury that has kept him out since September
Adam Lallana sympathises with Brighton fans over booing Graham Potter on his return last weekend
The 47-year-old was given a less than warm welcome by his former club, who he transformed from relegation contenders to top-half challengers before leaving for Chelsea in September.
James McClean BOOED for latest poppy snub during Wigan's draw with Swansea after opening up on abuse
McClean continued his long-held decision not to wear the poppy. McClean first made this personal call in 2012, but move continues to cause controversy a decade later.
Graham Potter admits he one day wants to copy Arsenal's tactical model ahead of London Derby
A 4-1 defeat at Brighton was every bit as painful as it sounds for the coach who left Sussex for Stamford Bridge just two months agout you don't forge a career path like Potter has without risks.
Swansea 2-0 Cardiff: Oliver Cooper and Michael Obafemi seal all three points in South Wales derby
GRAHAM THOMAS AT THE LIBERTY STADIUM: A goal in either half from gave the second city a third consecutive entirely comfortable victory over their rivals from the capital.
[…]The post World Cup – Group B Preview first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Ranking the fastest hat-tricks in Champions League history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Remembering the last five Premier League managers to move to a top-six club first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post The Curse of Klopp! – Six times PL managers lost their jobs straight after defeats to Liverpool first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Premier League to approve new EFL funding with parachute payments reduced first appeared on The Football Faithful.
[…]The post Five of the worst penalties ever taken in English football history first appeared on The Football Faithful.
Swansea City Latest News
- Tue, 08 Nov 2022 22:59:09 +0000: Championship: Rotherham stun Sheffield United as Watford reach top six - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Watford 2-0 Reading; Sheffield United 0-1 Rotherham
- QPR beaten at home by bottom club Huddersfield
Sheffield United were denied the chance to go top of the Championship after South Yorkshire rivals Rotherham triumphed at Bramall Lane for the first time in 42 years.
Ben Wiles scored the decisive first-half goal after Chiedozie Ogbene drifted into the box and found the Millers captain unmarked to coolly turn the ball home.Continue reading...
- Tue, 01 Nov 2022 23:09:45 +0000: Championship roundup: Coventry stun Blackburn and West Brom edge to win - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Jamie Allen helps Coventry climb out of relegation zone
- West Brom overcome Blackpool despite fans’ protest
Jamie Allen dragged Coventry out of the Championship relegation zone as he denied Blackburn the chance to go top. Allen fired City in front four minutes before the break and Rovers’ hopes of a fightback were effectively dashed five minutes from time when the substitute Jake Garrett was dismissed for a foul on Callum Doyle.
Coventry climbed a point clear of the relegation zone as a result of their 1-0 win, while Blackburn could find themselves five points adrift of the leaders Burnley if they beat Rotherham on Wednesday evening.Continue reading...
- Tue, 18 Oct 2022 21:18:46 +0000: Championship: Blackburn go top and Swansea pull off brilliant comeback - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Blackburn 2-0 Sunderland; Norwich 0-1 Luton
- Swansea recover from 2-0 down to beat Reading 3-2
Blackburn went top of the Championship as they defeated their former manager Tony Mowbray’s Sunderland 2-0 on his first return to Ewood Park.
Ben Brereton Díaz put Rovers ahead when he curled a left‑footed effort into the top corner from the edge of the box, seconds after a Sunderland penalty appeal was turned down. Scott Wharton’s close-range header soon after half‑time put Rovers in control despite a hint of offside. Sunderland pushed to try to get back into the game but they could not find a way past a resolute home defence as Ryan Hedges’s effort from almost halfway with the final kick of the game glanced the Sunderland post.Continue reading...
- Sat, 15 Oct 2022 21:43:16 +0000: Championship roundup: six goals and four red cards in Bramall Lane chaos - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Sheffield United and Blackpool brawl after 3-3 draw
- Rampant Burnley put four goals past Swansea
Oliver Norwood’s goal at the death rescued a point for Sheffield United in a dramatic 3-3 draw with Blackpool, which ended with four red cards and a mass brawl.
The hosts had looked comfortable following goals from James McAtee and Iliman Ndiaye, but Jerry Yates struck twice to make it all-square at the break and Kenny Dougall made it 3-2 to Blackpool early in the second half.Continue reading...
- Wed, 05 Oct 2022 22:00:50 +0000: Championship roundup: Bruce under pressure as West Brom slip into bottom three - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Preston 1-0 WBA; Watford match delayed by 21 minutes
- Managerless Hull beat Wigan after going behind
Emil Riis piled the pressure on Steve Bruce as Preston extended West Brom’s winless Championship run to seven games. In a lively start, Riis converted Álvaro Fernández’s seventh-minute cross.
Grady Diangana might have levelled almost immediately for the visitors and Jed Wallace and Okay Yokuslu both went close before the break, and although West Brom enjoyed the better of the second half, they were unable to find a way past North End keeper Freddie Woodman as they slipped into the bottom three after a 1-0 defeat.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Fri, 25 Nov 2022 08:56:58 +0000: Thomas recalls Wales' 1978 win in Iran - BBC Sport
As Wales play Iran at the Qatar 2022, Welsh legend Mickey Thomas recalls a 1-0 1978 win in Tehran, the two countries only previous meeting.
- Thu, 24 Nov 2022 14:52:19 +0000: Wales' Allen 'fit and raring to go' against Iran - BBC Sport
Wales midfielder Joe Allen is "fit and raring to go" after injury as they prepare to face Iran in the World Cup on Friday, manager Robert Page says.
- Sun, 20 Nov 2022 14:15:08 +0000: Allen ruled out of Wales' World Cup opener - BBC Sport
Wales midfielder Joe Allen is out of Monday's World Cup opener against the United States with a hamstring injury.
- Tue, 15 Nov 2022 15:38:49 +0000: Ex-Wales World Cup star wants his 1958 shirts back - BBC Sport
Harry Leavy-Medwin is helping grandfather Terry Medwin find shirts he wore for Wales in Sweden.
- Mon, 14 Nov 2022 15:28:18 +0000: Allen hopes to be fit for Wales World Cup opener - BBC Sport
Midfielder Joe Allen hopes to be fit for Wales' opening World Cup game despite not playing since September because of a hamstring injury.