Championship latest transfer news for 2021 – 2022 and Beyond
- Sun, 13 Nov 2022 15:19:12 +0000: Barnes scores derby double as Burnley beat Blackburn to top Championship - Championship | The Guardian
Ashley Barnes scored two and had a big hand in another goal for Anass Zaroury as Burnley swept aside Blackburn 3-0 in Sunday’s East Lancashire derby to claim top spot in the Championship.
The 33-year-old has had to make do with rare starts this season, but the absence of the unfit Jay Rodriguez handed him a start against rivals Rovers, who themselves would have gone top with a win.Continue reading...
- Sat, 12 Nov 2022 18:23:16 +0000: Championship roundup: Zian Flemming fires Millwall into playoff places - Championship | The Guardian
- Flemming scores three in 4-2 victory over Preston
- Sheffield United return to top by beating Cardiff
Record signing Zian Flemming struck a superb hat-trick as Millwall returned to the playoff places with a 4-2 victory at Preston. The Dutch midfielder was in predatory mood as he inspired the Lions to a deserved first victory in four games, while Preston’s three-match winning streak was abruptly halted.
Flemming put Millwall 2-0 up before Preston hit back to level the score on 28 minutes. However, he completed his hat-trick in the second half and Charlie Cresswell hit a fourth to cement a fine away win.Continue reading...
- Fri, 11 Nov 2022 12:02:00 +0000: QPR’s Seny Dieng: ‘We wrote history for Senegal. It gives us a great boost’ - Championship | The Guardian
Goalkeeper discusses his Afcon triumph, World Cup hopes before heading for Qatar and his ‘eye-opening’ non-league experiences
Seny Dieng is a good man to call in a crisis: he has scored two last-minute goals and replaced the world’s best goalkeeper at late notice to help his country win their first Africa Cup of Nations.
Now he is preparing to go to the World Cup with Senegal after helping QPR start the season impressively under Michael Beale, who turned down the Wolves job last month. The club sit sixth in the Championship going into their final match before the World Cup break, at Coventry on Saturday.Continue reading...
- Tue, 08 Nov 2022 22:59:09 +0000: Championship: Rotherham stun Sheffield United as Watford reach top six - Championship | The Guardian
- Watford 2-0 Reading; Sheffield United 0-1 Rotherham
- QPR beaten at home by bottom club Huddersfield
Sheffield United were denied the chance to go top of the Championship after South Yorkshire rivals Rotherham triumphed at Bramall Lane for the first time in 42 years.
Ben Wiles scored the decisive first-half goal after Chiedozie Ogbene drifted into the box and found the Millers captain unmarked to coolly turn the ball home.Continue reading...
- Sat, 05 Nov 2022 16:06:11 +0000: Championship roundup: McBurnie double see Blades cut down Burnley - Championship | The Guardian
- Sheffield United run rampant in second half to thrash leaders 5-2
- Blackburn sink Huddersfield to close gap at top to two points
Oli McBurnie scored twice as Sheffield United produced a superb second-half display to beat leaders Burnley 5-2 in a pulsating contest at Bramall Lane. Burnley took the lead twice in the first half but the Blades scored four goals after the break to blow away the visitors and canter to a third successive victory.
Sheffield United’s manager, Paul Heckingbottom, said: “The game went exactly how we thought it would. We knew Burnley would play on the front foot.Continue reading...
Archived News for the Championship has been added below:
- Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:22:46 +0000: Michael Beale: Rangers appoint former assistant as manager as he leaves QPR - BBC Sport - Championship
Michael Beale returns to Rangers as manager - leaving Queens Park Rangers after six months in charge of the English Championship club.
- Mon, 28 Nov 2022 16:49:38 +0000: Mark Sykes: Republic of Ireland debut 'meant everything' to Bristol City midfielder - BBC Sport - Championship
Bristol City midfielder Mark Sykes says making his Republic of Ireland debut in the recent friendly against Malta "meant everything to him".
- Mon, 28 Nov 2022 14:04:09 +0000: Coventry City: Energy drink company founder still wants to buy Sky Blues - BBC Sport - Championship
The founder of an energy drink company still wants to buy Coventry City despite plans to sell a majority stake to businessman Doug King.
- Thu, 24 Nov 2022 15:28:43 +0000: Hull City: New head coach Liam Rosenior looking to reduce size of squad - BBC Sport - Championship
New Hull City head coach Liam Rosenior is looking to reduce the size of their first-team squad.
- Thu, 24 Nov 2022 14:19:47 +0000: Wigan Athletic: Kolo Toure expected to be named new manager - BBC Sport - Championship
Kolo Toure is expected to become the new Wigan Athletic manager in the next 48 hours, reports BBC Radio Manchester.
Today has seen the signing of young striker Charlie Strutton for struggling side AFC Wimbledon after he had impressed Terry Brown whilst on a three week trial earlier in the year. Barnsley have today signed winger David Cotterill on a free transfer which could see the player making his debut for the club this weekend.
Championship top dogs West Ham have today sealed the double signing of Ravel Morrison from Manchester United as well as Ricardo Vaz Te from Barnsley. The young starlet ravel Morrison is believed to have attracted a lot of interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs such as Barcelona, Roma and Paris St Germain but has decided to stay in the English divisions.
Vaz Te has had an extremely good season so far with the Portuguese striker already netting ten times for former club Barnsley.
Sussex club Brighton have completed the signing of two Manchester City players on loan until the end of the season which again cemented the up and coming clubs ambition to gain entry into the premier league. The club has signed Abdul Razak and Gai Assulin who are both midfielders who have failed to break through into the first team at Manchester City. On another plus side for the Sussex club their influential winger craig Noone has committed his future to the club stating he is more than happy at the seagulls amid speculation that he could be joining Cardiff City in the summer after the Welsh club had a £1.2 million offer turned down by Gus Poyet in January.
Cardiff Cities formidable striker has today stated that he would indeed be extremely happy to extend his loan spell at league one side Scunthorpe United with the striker claiming he prefers life at the club. Cardiff winger Peter Whttingham has today stated that he is convinced he made the correct decision to commit himself to the Welsh club amid speculation that he could have joined West Ham during the January transfer window.
Richard Keogh has again reinforced his commitment to Coventry City by stating he would be more than happy to open contract negotiations with the club before the end of the season. This will be great news for manager Andy Thorn as he is already looking to bolster his squad for next season and would have thought of it as a detrimental loss to have lost Keogh for next season.
Ben reeves has today made his switch from Southampton to league two team Dagenham & Redbridge on a twelve month loan deal. Southampton have also gladly received back today forward Ryan Doyle from his loan spell at Bury and the influential forward is more than happy to be back.
Leeds United new boy boss Neil Warnock has today signed the Portsmouth forward Danny Webber on a deal that will see him at the club until the end of the season. Warnock has today also stated that he will have to wait until the end of the season before he can make any new moves for players until he assesses the financial situation. James Harper has today completed his move to Wycombe from title chasing league one team Hull City on a short term loan deal which will see him remain for just over a month.
Hull City have finally completed an interesting and what they hope will be a extremely beneficial loan deal for Joshua King. The Manchester united starlet will remain with the side until the end of the season with the possibility of extending it past that date. Mixed News