The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2021- 2022
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 18:15:03 +0000: Leeds to review crowd safety after Newcastle fans complain of crush - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Away fans had problems getting into Elland Road on Saturday
- West Yorkshire police are also looking into the incident
Leeds United and West Yorkshire police are reviewing crowd safety protocols at Elland Road after hundreds of Newcastle United fans complained about a crush outside the away end on Saturday.
Traffic congestion around Elland Road meant that many supporters arrived later than planned for the Premier League game which was won 1-0 by Newcastle. With 3,000 away fans having made the trip and matters further slowed by Covid passport checks, significant overcrowding occurred around five turnstiles.Continue reading...
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:28:14 +0000: Newcastle push again for Jesse Lingard and could turn to Dele Alli if move fails - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Manchester United forward is key target for loan deal
- Sevilla confident of getting Martial on loan from Old Trafford
Newcastle could turn their attention to Tottenham’s Dele Alli if they are unable to reach an agreement with Manchester United over a loan deal for Jesse Lingard.
Eddie Howe, who has strengthened his squad by signing Chris Wood and Kieran Trippier, is desperate for further additions as he tries to save his side from relegation. Newcastle want more firepower and have targeted Lingard, who has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford.Continue reading...
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:16:36 +0000: Shelvey’s free-kick gives Newcastle crucial and timely win at Leeds - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Eddie Howe has said he does not know whether he will meet Mohammed bin Salman in Jeddah next week but any conversation with Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler is bound to be considerably easier after this win.
Newcastle’s manager is taking his players to a warm-weather training camp on the Red Sea coast on Sunday but at the final whistle he resembled a man feeling the sun on his back for the first time after a long, hard winter.Continue reading...
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 23:10:57 +0000: Mike Ashley takes legal action against Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Ashley claims Staveley has breached terms of a loan
- Matter relates to club’s removal of Sports Direct signage
Mike Ashley has initiated legal action against Amanda Staveley, the co-owner of Newcastle United, for allegedly breaching the terms of a £10m loan he provided in order to help facilitate the club’s £300m sale to a Saudi Arabian led consortium last October.
A representative of Staveley, who has a 10% stake in Newcastle while Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF)has an 80% controlling interest and the property developers Reuben Brothers another 10%, said on Friday night she was “very confident” of successfully defending Ashley’s attempt to secure the immediate return of the loan.Continue reading...
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:12:42 +0000: 'It's a football decision': Howe adamant Saudi trip is for players' benefit – video - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Eddie Howe again declined to address Saudi Arabia’s dismal human rights record as he confirmed he would take his struggling Newcastle squad to the Gulf kingdom after Saturday’s game at Leeds. The political temperature has been raised significantly by human rights issues and the regime’s alleged involvement in the murder of the journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Newcastle’s manager, whose side sit second bottom after winning only one game, said: 'It’s a football decision. We’re doing it for the benefit of the players in our fight to stay in the division and that’s my only thought. The facilities and everything around the trip are going to be first class and the players will be very well looked after.'Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 24 Jan 2022 14:48:51 +0000: Leeds United and police to review Newcastle fan 'crush' - BBC Sport
Leeds United and local police are to review an incident during which Newcastle fans say they were involved in a "frightening" crush.
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 19:11:00 +0000: Leeds United 0-1 Newcastle United: Shelvey strikes winner at Elland Road - BBC Sport
Newcastle earn a massive victory at Leeds in their fight to avoid relegation thanks to Jonjo Shelvey's free-kick.
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:57:01 +0000: Leeds United 0-1 Newcastle United: No clarity on Bamford return - Bielsa after Leeds loss - BBC Sport
Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa says there is no clarity on when striker Patrick Bamford will return from injury after his side lost 1-0 to Newcastle United.
- Sat, 22 Jan 2022 17:36:20 +0000: Leeds United 0-1 Newcastle United: Eddie Howe 'delighted' with Newcastle win - BBC Sport
Newcastle United's Eddie Howe "delighted" with an important 1-0 win against Leeds United.
- Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:04:43 +0000: Newcastle trip to Saudi Arabia 'for benefit of players' says manager Eddie Howe - BBC Sport
Newcastle's training trip to Saudi Arabia, the nation of their owners, is a "football decision for the benefit of the players", says manager Eddie Howe.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.