The Fulham Latest Football News for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Mon, 23 May 2022 11:13:32 +0000: Liverpool sign Fábio Carvalho as Thiago races to be fit for Paris final - Fulham | The Guardian
- Nineteen-year-old Fulham attacker will cost £5m plus add-ons
- Thiago may miss Champions League final with achilles injury
Liverpool have confirmed Fulham’s attacking midfielder Fábio Carvalho will join them on 1 July but are sweating on Thiago Alcântara’s fitness for Saturday’s Champions League final against Real Madrid.
Nineteen-year-old Carvalho is expected to sign a five-year contract with the Anfield club and will cost £5m plus add-ons. Jürgen Klopp wanted to sign the Portugal Under-21 international in January but, despite agreeing personal terms and the player completing a medical, the deal did not get over the line on deadline day.Continue reading...
- Mon, 02 May 2022 18:36:34 +0000: Mitrovic breaks record as Fulham crush Luton 7-0 to seal Championship title - Fulham | The Guardian
Aleksandar Mitrovic took his Championship goal tally for the season to 43 as Fulham sealed the title in devastating fashion with a 7-0 thrashing of Luton at Craven Cottage.
Tom Cairney opened the scoring in the 29th minute – Fulham’s 100th goal of the league campaign – and Kenny Tete made it two 10 minutes later to ensure the hosts were in control at the break.Continue reading...
- Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:25:23 +0000: Philip Zinckernagel delays Fulham’s title party as Forest claim vital win - Fulham | The Guardian
- Forest beat Fulham 1-0 at Craven Cottage to boost promotion bid
- Bournemouth score three late goals in 3-3 draw with Swansea
Fulham missed the chance to wrap up the Championship title as Nottingham Forest boosted their own automatic promotion hopes with a 1-0 win at Craven Cottage.
Marco Silva’s promoted side would have secured the title had they bettered Bournemouth’s result at Swansea, where the Cherries produced a remarkable late comeback from 3-0 down to draw 3-3.Continue reading...
- Sat, 23 Apr 2022 17:20:24 +0000: Championship roundup: Peterborough relegated as Reading avoid the drop - Fulham | The Guardian
- Defeat to Nottingham Forest seals Peterborough’s fate
- Bournemouth leveller puts Fulham’s title party on hold
Peterborough’s relegation to League One was confirmed as Sam Surridge scored the only goal in their 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest – a result that saved Reading from the drop.
Peterborough had looked threatening early on as they battled for survival, with Josh Knight and Ricky-Jade Jones both going close, but Forest gradually took control. The victory all but secured Forest’s place in the Championship’s top six, and kept Reading in the division, despite their 3-0 defeat at Hull.Continue reading...
- Wed, 20 Apr 2022 07:00:22 +0000: Fulham cruise to promotion but must sharpen up for Premier League survival | Ben Fisher - Fulham | The Guardian
Marco Silva’s entertainers have dominated the Championship but thoughts will quickly turn to ending yo-yo status
So there we have it. An unnervingly satisfying and problem-free season for Fulham has culminated exactly how near enough everyone thought it would, with warm congratulatory messages and celebrations after a leisurely return to the Premier League.
In the end it was not quite the serene stroll over the finishing line most envisaged but they were rarely troubled, always well-stocked – they have failed to find the net in only four Championship matches this season – and with the procession complete and promotion boxed off, the question is whether Fulham will round things off by chalking up a century of goals (they have 98) in the remaining four games, winning the title and, more pertinently, can they shed their reputation as a yo-yo team on their return to the top table? The reality is Marco Silva’s attention will soon turn, if it has not already, towards becoming at least the 17th best team in England.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Sun, 26 Jun 2022 22:23:10 +0000: Andreas Pereira: Fulham make £8.6m offer for Man Utd midfielder - BBC Sport
Fulham make a 10m euros (£8.6m) offer for Manchester United's Brazilian midfielder Andreas Pereira.
- Thu, 23 Jun 2022 11:19:37 +0000: Parachute payments and the 'yo-yo' club phenomenon between the Premier League and Championship - BBC Sport
Are parachute payments providing a springboard for clubs to get promoted back to the Premier League?
- Fri, 17 Jun 2022 18:00:13 +0000: Fulham: How to follow the Cottagers on the BBC - BBC Sport
The BBC's coverage of Fulham is bigger and better than ever before. Here's everything you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment.
- Thu, 16 Jun 2022 07:58:17 +0000: Premier League fixtures: Your club-by-club guide to the 2022-23 season - BBC Sport
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2022-23 Premier League season.
- Sun, 05 Jun 2022 17:00:25 +0000: Premier League, EFL, Scottish football: Ups, downs & European qualification - BBC Sport
All you need to know about promotion, relegation and qualification for Europe in England and Scotland's top men's football leagues.