The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for the 2021 – 2022 Football Season
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 19:28:07 +0000: Chelsea poised to table bid for Raheem Sterling to kickstart summer spree - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Manchester City expected to want £50m-£60m for forward
- Thomas Tuchel has had positive talks with Sterling
Chelsea are preparing an opening bid for Raheem Sterling after Todd Boehly, the club’s new co-owner, told Manchester City of his intention to sign the England forward.
Thomas Tuchel wants to increase his side’s goalscoring threat and Chelsea, who saw Petr Cech leave his role as their technical and performance adviser yesterday, intend to give their manager the funds to strengthen his squad this summer. Tuchel has identified Sterling as a key target and Boehly, who is leading the club’s recruitment drive, has contacted City to open talks over the 27-year-old.Continue reading...
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:21:26 +0000: Petr Cech leaves Chelsea as Maxwell and Edwards linked with senior role - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Former goalkeeper is latest to exit club under Boehly’s reign
- Paul Mitchell also under consideration for sporting director
Chelsea’s revolution under Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital is starting to gather pace after Petr Cech became the latest figure to leave the club.
Cech’s decision to quit his role as technical and performance adviser came after talks with Boehly, who is leading the pursuit of new signings, and has added to the sense of upheaval around Stamford Bridge. Boehly, the new co-controlling owner, has already agreed to replace Bruce Buck as chairman and has stepped in as interim sporting director following confirmation of Marina Granovskaia’s departure last week.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:43:47 +0000: Chelsea in talks with Milan over Ziyech sale as Tuchel aims to reshape squad - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Ziyech salary being discussed by Milan with player’s agents
- De Ligt remains a Chelsea target as Juventus try to extend deal
Chelsea have held talks with Milan over selling Hakim Ziyech as Thomas Tuchel works to reshape the squad under the club’s new owners.
Ziyech is available for transfer and would be open to joining the Serie A champions but an arrangement must be found regarding his salary, which is larger than Milan would ordinarily want to pay. Milan are discussing the matter internally and with the 29-year-old’s agents.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Jun 2022 21:00:28 +0000: Exposed Boehly can make Tuchel as powerful as Guardiola and Klopp | Jacob Steinberg - Chelsea | The Guardian
It’s all change at Chelsea after Granovskaia’s exit but the club’s new co-owner, chairman and sporting director has a big task
As recently as a week ago Marina Granovskaia was telling figures inside football that she had not decided whether to continue working for Chelsea’s new owners. Granovskaia was as active as ever in discussions with agents about potential signings and, despite the director’s long-standing ties to Roman Abramovich, there was a feeling that any announcement about her future would be unlikely until the transfer window was over.
That all changed on Monday morning. First came the announcement that Bruce Buck, another associate of Abramovich, had agreed to step down as chairman. Then, in a development that caught a fair few people by surprise, it emerged that Granovskaia would indeed be the next high-profile departure. Ties with the previous regime were being cut and, though there were initially suggestions that Granovskaia would keep her job until the end of August, by the end of the day several sources were tipping her to be gone before the end of the week.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Jun 2022 13:15:03 +0000: Arsenal plan improved bid for Leeds’ Raphinha as Spurs and Chelsea loom - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Leeds likely to demand at least £65m for Brazil international
- Arsenal want Manchester City’s Jesus as well as Raphinha
Arsenal have had an offer rejected by Leeds for Raphinha but intend to push again to sign the Brazil international amid competition from two other Premier League clubs and Barcelona.
Tottenham have told Leeds they plan to bid – that could arrive this week – and Chelsea’s co-owner Todd Boehly, the interim sporting director, has explored the situation. Barcelona agreed personal terms with the winger months ago but Leeds want far more than the £35m-£40m the Catalan club have in mind.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 17:27:22 +0000: Raheem Sterling: Chelsea make contact with Manchester City over a move for the England forward - BBC Sport
Chelsea contact Manchester City about a deal for England forward Raheem Sterling.
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 08:27:44 +0000: Chelsea: Petr Cech to leave role as technical and performance adviser - BBC Sport
Petr Cech is to leave his role as technical and performance adviser at Chelsea at the end of the month.
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 06:57:59 +0000: Can you identify the players linked with Premier League moves in transfer gossip - BBC Sport
Can you identify the players linked with moves to the Premier League in the BBC Sport transfer gossip column?
- Fri, 24 Jun 2022 15:39:56 +0000: Why Premier League clubs are queuing up for Jesus, Raphinha and Richarlison - BBC Sport
Three Brazilian players have dominated the Premier League transfer scene this summer, and here is why Gabriel Jesus, Raphinha and Richarlison are in such high demand.
- Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:53:26 +0000: Chelsea quiz: Can you put these big-money strikers in the correct order? - BBC Sport
Can you order these Chelsea strikers by how much they have cost the club?
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.