The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2021- 2022
- Wed, 22 Jun 2022 17:46:16 +0000: Transfer latest: Minamino poised to join Monaco, Pope heading to Newcastle - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Manchester United in talks for Watford keeper Bachmann
- Derby teenager Malcolm Ebiowei agrees to join Crystal Palace
Takumi Minamino is poised to leave Liverpool for Monaco after the clubs agreed a fee of €15m (£12.9m) plus up to €3m in add-ons for the Japan forward.
Minamino has accepted personal terms on a five-year deal and provided he passes a medical his Liverpool stay will end after two and a half years.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 Jun 2022 13:58:05 +0000: Nottingham Forest want Manchester United’s Dean Henderson on loan - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Talks held over loan with option to buy keeper for about £20m
- West Ham concerned by Newcastle interest in Alphonse Areola
Nottingham Forest have opened talks with Manchester United with a view to signing Dean Henderson on loan with the option to buy the goalkeeper for about £20m.
Points of negotiation include whether an arrangement can be reached over Henderson’s salary. The 25-year-old keeper played only three times last season – once each in the Champions League, FA Cup and Carabao Cup – as David de Gea held down the No 1 spot.Continue reading...
- Sun, 12 Jun 2022 05:30:39 +0000: The Observer view on Saudi Arabia’s ‘rebel’ golf tournament | Observer editorial - Newcastle United | The Guardian
The brutal regime has got sportswashing down to a tee, and the west is more than willing to be its caddie
Not everyone wants to watch a bunch of fading stars wearing tasteless checked trousers knock a little white object around a golf course. Strange, too, that Saudi Arabia is paying “rebel” players to do so in a breakaway tournament, given its dislike of dissidents of every stripe. Yet in this arena, as in so many others, the public interest has not been considered. That’s par for the course for the anti-democratic regime of the Saudi crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman.
First reports from last week’s inaugural round of the Saudi-funded LIV golf tournament in Hertfordshire suggest there is a long way to go before it matches the thrills and huge audiences of the US Masters and the Open. But modest beginnings did not prevent the PGA Tour, organiser of the men’s professional game in North America, banning 17 LIV competitors for daring to take the Saudi shilling.
Do you have an opinion on the issues raised in this article? If you would like to submit a letter of up to 250 words to be considered for publication, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.orgContinue reading...
- Thu, 02 Jun 2022 14:15:18 +0000: Newcastle agree initial £25.6m deal to buy striker Hugo Ekitike from Reims - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Rüdiger ‘super excited’ after completing Real Madrid move
- Lyon hopeful of landing Arsenal striker Lacazette on free
Newcastle are closing in on the signing of the striker Hugo Ekitike after Reims accepted an offer of €30m (£25.6m) plus up to €5m in add-ons. A deal for a player they first targeted in January will go through if Ekitike gives final approval to the five-year contract on offer. He has indicated a willingness to accept the terms.
Borussia Dortmund are also keen on Ekitike, who turns 20 this month, after selling Erling Haaland to Manchester City but Newcastle have been pushing to close a deal for months.Continue reading...
- Mon, 30 May 2022 17:49:08 +0000: Newcastle finally strike deal with Brighton for Dan Ashworth to join club - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Ashworth to take sporting director role at St James’ Park
- He quit Brighton in February with compensation now agreed
Dan Ashworth is to become Newcastle’s sporting director after the club finally got their man. Amanda Staveley’s 80% Saudi-backed consortium identified the former Football Association technical director as a key figure when they completed their takeover last October but have had to remain patient.
On 7 February Ashworth resigned from a similar role at Brighton, who confirmed he had done so to take up a position at another Premier League club, but they insisted he would see out “an extended period of gardening leave” in line with his contract.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 27 Jun 2022 06:57:59 +0000: Can you identify the players linked with Premier League moves in transfer gossip - BBC Sport
Can you identify the players linked with moves to the Premier League in the BBC Sport transfer gossip column?
- Fri, 24 Jun 2022 20:16:00 +0000: Sven Botman: Newcastle agree deal with Lille for Dutch defender - BBC Sport
Newcastle agree a deal with Lille for the Netherlands Under-21s defender Sven Botman.
- Thu, 23 Jun 2022 18:58:06 +0000: Nick Pope: Newcastle United sign England goalkeeper from Burnley for an undisclosed fee - BBC Sport
Newcastle United sign England goalkeeper Nick Pope from relegated Burnley for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 21 Jun 2022 18:15:52 +0000: Freddie Woodman: Preston North End sign Newcastle United goalkeeper for undisclosed fee - BBC Sport
Preston North End sign goalkeeper Freddie Woodman from Premier League club Newcastle United for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:25:23 +0000: Nick Pope: Newcastle in talks to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper - BBC Sport
Newcastle United are in talks to sign Burnley and England goalkeeper Nick Pope.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.