Wolves Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:19:44 +0000: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Leicester: match preview - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Wolves have lost five of their last seven matches at home and will want to avoid a third defeat to Leicester this season. Claude Puel is under pressure despite Leicester sitting comfortably in eighth and the chance to earn a third successive away win at the Molineux. Disappointing defeats to Newport County and Cardiff are the source of unrest and Puel’s reliance on Jamie Vardy is a problem. Leicester have won three of the 11 matches Vardy has played in but failed to score. Stopping him is key. Graham Searles
Saturday 12.30pm SSPLContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:21:57 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Who will Pochettino turn to up front? Will Lindelöf banish bad memories of Brighton? And should Sarri start Giroud?
If Mauricio Pochettino could have picked one Premier League team to start playing against without his top scorer and his most in-form attacker, then he would surely have plumped for Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s defensively chaotic side are the perfect opponents in a far-from-ideal scenario for Tottenham, who must learn to cope without Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. It will still be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino tries to overcome those losses. Perhaps he will ask Dele Alli or Lucas Moura to play as a shifty striker or maybe he’ll deploy Fernando Llorente, a more conventional centre-forward who netted a hat-trick in the recent annihilation of Tranmere Rovers? Or the manager might even push his faith in youth to an unprecedented extreme by giving a start to the highly promising 16-year-old Irish striker Troy Parrott, who has yet to appear for the senior team? Whatever the manager opts for, Spurs can be confident of victory given that Fulham have been so hapless this season that they even managed to concede two goals last week despite restricting Burnley to no shots on target. PDContinue reading...
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:53:41 +0000: Pep Guardiola on Manchester City's 3-0 win over 10-man Wolves – video - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Gabriel Jesus scored twice as Manchester City beat 10-man Wolves 3-0 on Monday to cut Liverpool's advantage at the top of the Premier League to four points. Pep Guardiola said his team could not afford to worry about what Liverpool did in their games, but could only control their own performances.Continue reading...
- Mon, 14 Jan 2019 23:47:29 +0000: Guardiola tells Manchester City players: keep minds on job and forget Liverpool - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
• ‘I don’t have magician’s ball about how many points we need’
• Nuno Espírito Santo has no complaints over Boly red card
Pep Guardiola said he has no “magician’s ball” to tell him how many points Manchester City may need to defend their Premier League title following Monday’s 3-0 win over Wolves that cut Liverpool’s lead to four.
Jürgen Klopp’s side have 57 after 22 games and City claimed last season’s title with 100 points. After two goals from Gabriel Jesus and a late Conor Coady own goal Guardiola was asked what tally might be required to be champions again.Continue reading...
- Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:29:46 +0000: Rúben Neves fails to show he could be City’s Fernandinho-in-waiting | Jamie Jackson - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Wolves’ defensive midfielder overshadowed by Pep Guardiola’s current all-rounder although his opportunities were limited by Willy Boly’s early red card
If Kevin De Bruyne was a surprise omission for Manchester City, this was an evening when Rúben Neves could illustrate why Pep Guardiola rates him highly enough to be a potential replacement for the near-peerless Fernandinho.
The lead-up to this contest of second-versus-11th featured the Catalan calling Neves excellent while insisting his club would never pay the “£100m” price he has read the 21-year-old will cost.Continue reading...
Wolves News Archives
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:19:40 +0000: Telford appoint ex-Wolves coach Edwards - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
AFC Telford United appoint former Wolves assistant manager Rob Edwards as boss to replace the sacked Rob Smith.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:02:07 +0000: Wolves loan keeper Flatt to Cheltenham - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
League Two club Cheltenham Town sign Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Jon Flatt on a season-long loan deal.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:10:30 +0000: Wolves 'have to keep' Costa - Shi - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi says the Championship club do not want to allow star winger Helder Costa to leave.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:19:23 +0000: Millwall sign Wallace and Saville - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Millwall sign midfielders Jed Wallace and George Saville from Championship rivals Wolves, both for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.