Wolves Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:59:06 +0000: Premier League fixtures 2018-19: Manchester City start at Arsenal - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Champions travel to Emirates for Unai Emery’s Arsenal debut
• Spurs’ new ground not ready until Liverpool on 15 September
• Premier League fixtures 2018-19 in full
Manchester City will start their Premier League title defence at Arsenal. The 2018-19 fixtures, announced on Thursday morning, handed Pep Guardiola’s record-breaking team an Emirates Stadium opener on the weekend of 11-12 August – a fixture that will be Unai Emery’s first competitive match as the Arsenal manager.
City, who amassed 100 points and 106 goals en route to finishing 19 points clear of Manchester United in 2017-18, do not face another side from last season’s top six until the trip to Liverpool in October. Games against the newly promoted trio of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham are part of a sequence that also includes Huddersfield, Newcastle and Brighton – the three teams who came up in 2017.
Arsenal v Manchester CityContinue reading...
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton & Hove Albion
Wolves v Everton
- Mon, 07 May 2018 16:34:15 +0000: Rúben Neves pledges loyalty as Wolves parade on buses through city - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Despite speculation over future, Neves insists: ‘I want to stay’
• Nuno Espírito Santo says fans key to Premier League promotion
Rúben Neves is looking forward to playing for Wolves in the Premier League, as speculation mounts over his future. The midfielder, who was signed from Porto last summer for £15.8m, has been outstanding as Nuno Espírito Santo’s side swept to the Championship title.
Neves’s performances and his knack for scoring spectacular goals have reportedly brought him to the attention of Liverpool, Manchester United and other clubs.Continue reading...
- Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:52:55 +0000: The statistics and tactics that explain how Wolves won the Championship - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Wolves built a lot of their success this season on the passing ability of their centre-backs and defensive midfielders
The race for the final automatic promotion spot in the Championship took another intriguing turn on Tuesday night when Cardiff lost to Derby, but Wolves no longer have to concern themselves with the teams below them in the league table. Having secured promotion with a 2-0 win against Birmingham a fortnight ago, Nuno Espírito Santo’s side wrapped up the title in style at the weekend by beating Bolton 4-0.
Wolves have been spoken about as the best team in Championship history in recent weeks and there is some merit to those claims. They have won the title with two games to spare and will overtake the points tally of 102 set by Newcastle in 2009-10 and Leicester in 2013-14 if they win their final two matches. However, even if Wolves pick up six more points over the next fortnight, they will fall short of the remarkable total set by Steve Coppell’s Reading side in the 2005-06 season, when they won 106 points and lost just two of their 46 matches (one of which was on the opening day of the season).Continue reading...
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 17:17:25 +0000: Jorge Mendes and Wolves’ relationship found to comply with EFL regulations - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Agent does not need to pass owners and directors test
• EFL conclusion follows ‘comprehensive review of the detail’
The EFL has announced that it is satisfied with the status of the Portuguese agent Jorge Mendes at Wolverhampton Wanderers, following concerns raised by Leeds United and other Championship clubs.
The EFL said Mendes’s involvement – as an agent and as an adviser to the club and to its owner, the Chinese conglomerate Fosun – does not amount to a formal role. Because Mendes is not a director nor formally representing Fosun or controlling Wolves’ dealings the EFL concluded, following “a comprehensive review of the detail” Wolves supplied, that he did not have to be cleared under its owners and directors test, formerly known as the “fit and proper person test”.Continue reading...
- Sat, 21 Apr 2018 18:41:14 +0000: Wigan and Luton promoted as Macclesfield return to Football League - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
- Wolves seal Championship title after thrashing Bolton
- Bristol City draw 5-5 with Hull, Middlesbrough beat Derby
Wolves were confirmed as champions after a 4-0 romp at relegation-threatened Bolton. Goals from Barry Douglas, Benik Afobe, Diogo Jota and a Conor Coady penalty also left Wolves just two points shy of reaching a century of points.
Premier LeagueContinue reading...
Wolves News Archives
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:19:40 +0000: Telford appoint ex-Wolves coach Edwards - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
AFC Telford United appoint former Wolves assistant manager Rob Edwards as boss to replace the sacked Rob Smith.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:02:07 +0000: Wolves loan keeper Flatt to Cheltenham - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
League Two club Cheltenham Town sign Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Jon Flatt on a season-long loan deal.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:10:30 +0000: Wolves 'have to keep' Costa - Shi - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi says the Championship club do not want to allow star winger Helder Costa to leave.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:19:23 +0000: Millwall sign Wallace and Saville - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Millwall sign midfielders Jed Wallace and George Saville from Championship rivals Wolves, both for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.