Wolves Latest News
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 08:00:37 +0000: Southampton v Wolves: match preview - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Appearances can be deceptive. Southampton are winless in the league but recent performances, particularly last weekend’s 0-0 at Manchester City, have been as impressive as Ralph Hasenhüttl’s waistcoat. Wolves lack a cutting edge, having failed to score in four of their five league games, and while the whole world wants Raúl Jiménez to get that cathartic first goal since he returned from a fractured skull, it may be that Daniel Podence – who scored in the Carabao Cup in midweek – is given more minutes in attack. Two high-pressing teams that are struggling to find the net means one goal either way could settle this. Alex Reid
Sunday 2pm Sky Sports Premier LeagueContinue reading...
- Thu, 23 Sep 2021 23:01:01 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
A finely poised North London derby, a meeting of midfield maestros and Mike Dean refereeing Cristiano Ronaldo
Thomas Tuchel has masterminded three wins out of three against Pep Guardiola since his arrival in England. Another at Stamford Bridge on Saturday will give Chelsea a six-point cushion over the reigning champions after as many Premier League games. Guardiola was roundly criticised following City’s Champions League final defeat for not picking a holding midfielder, despite having lost the FA Cup semi-final between the two sides with both Rodri and Fernandinho in his starting lineup, then a subsequent Premier League match with just the Spaniard shielding his defence. In a fixture where it seems Guardiola can’t seem to do right for doing wrong in terms of team selection, we can only ponder if and how he might “overthink” his tactics for this crunch game. BG
Chelsea v Manchester City, Saturday 12.30pm (all times BST)
Brentford v Liverpool, Saturday 5.30pm
Manchester United v Aston Villa, Saturday 12.30pmContinue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:37:08 +0000: Tottenham triumph on penalties after Wolves hit back from two goals down - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Tottenham survived a scare after losing a 2-0 lead at Wolves to squeeze through in the Carabao Cup on penalties. Rúben Neves, Leander Dendoncker and Conor Coady missed in the shootout as Spurs progressed 3-2 following a 2-2 draw at Molineux. Nuno Espírito Santo’s team almost let the game slip after Harry Kane and Tanguy Ndombele put them in charge only for Dendoncker and Daniel Podence to haul the hosts level.
Back-to-back Premier League defeats by Crystal Palace and Chelsea and a draw at Rennes in the Europa Conference League had put the brakes on Spurs’ winning start under Nuno. But the Carabao Cup runners-up of last season progressed into the fourth round before Sunday’s north London derby with Arsenal.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:30:10 +0000: Carabao Cup fourth round draw: West Ham v Man City, Arsenal v Leeds – as it happened - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
West Ham’s reward for beating Manchester United at Old Trafford is a tie against their neighbours while Preston will host Liverpool
Millwall: Long, Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Cooper, Leonard, Pearce, Thompson, Mahoney, Mitchell, Evans, Bradshaw.
Subs: Smith, Malone, Saville, Bodvarsson, Afobe, Ballard, Bialkowski.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:30:24 +0000: Tottenham have lost ‘good feeling’ from strong start, admits Nuno Espírito Santo - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
- Nuno says ‘fans deserve much better’ than Chelsea display
- Spurs manager faces old club Wolves in Carabao Cup
Nuno Espírito Santo says Tottenham have lost the “good feeling” from their better-than-expected start to the season as he lamented a raft of problems and questioned his team’s capacity to absorb setbacks.
The manager endured a difficult pre-season with several key players joining late after Euro 2020 and the Copa América and Harry Kane, who pushed to leave the club, reporting latest of all. The striker began to train with the team on 13 August – two days before the opening game against Manchester City. Tanguy Ndombele also had fitness issues.Continue reading...
Wolves News Archives
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:12:23 +0000: Southampton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - BBC Sport
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between Southampton and Wolverhampton Wanderers.
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 22:26:48 +0000: Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur (2-3 on pens): Bruno Lage's side knocked out after shootout - BBC Sport
Bryan Gil scores the decisive penalty as Tottenham beat Wolves in a shootout to reach the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:43:12 +0000: Premier League and Championship clubs invited to trial safe standing - BBC Sport
Premier League and Championship clubs have been asked for expressions of interest to pilot safe standing this season.
- Mon, 20 Sep 2021 15:18:45 +0000: Wolves become first UK football club to launch their own record label - BBC Sport
Wolves become the first UK football club to own a record label as they partner with Warner Music UK.
- Sat, 18 Sep 2021 15:16:18 +0000: Wolves 0-2 Brentford: Best Premier League performance so far - Thomas Frank - BBC Sport
Thomas Frank says it's Brentford's "best performance so far" in the Premier League following a comfortable 2-0 victory over Wolves at Molineux.