Wolves Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:00:14 +0000: From Craig Cathcart to André Gomes: 10 underrated Premier League players - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Underrated they may be but from the Premier League’s unsung heroes are quietly going about their business
Nomination for the October player of the month award (well, one of them – he made the PFA’s shortlist, but not the official Premier League-endorsed version) showed that Duffy’s sterling performances are being noticed. Since being named man of the match in the 3-2 win over Manchester United in August, the 6ft 3in centre-back has been vital to Brighton’s good form, scoring vital goals against United and Southampton and being responsible for more clearances (96) and more clearances off the line (two) than any other top-flight player. The five-year contract he signed last month was reward for his efforts. “We’re conscious of how well he’s done for us,” said Chris Hughton, “and it’s a good opportunity for this club to protect an asset.”Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:13:30 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Hugo Lloris ends his madcap day on a high, Everton work out how to stop Chelsea and Salomón Rondón proves his worth
Unai Emery delivered an overdue update on Danny Welbeck, the Arsenal striker who was stricken against Sporting in the Europa League last Thursday. Welbeck, the manager reported, underwent surgery last Friday to repair his badly broken ankle and he will be out for some time. With Welbeck’s contract due to expire at the end of the season, has he played his final game for the club? Emery had more pressing matters with his strikers against Wolves and he made a tactical change at half‑time, switching from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2 in order to allow Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to come in from the flank and partner Alexandre Lacazette up front. In the first half, Aubameyang had routinely drifted inside from the left. He did not look comfortable in that role. Arsenal would improve to draw 1-1. Is it the best use of Aubameyang’s talents to play him off the wing? David HytnerContinue reading...
- Sun, 11 Nov 2018 21:56:12 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight
- View the Dozen archive
- Sun, 11 Nov 2018 18:42:52 +0000: Henrikh Mkhitaryan strikes late to save Arsenal’s unbeaten run against Wolves - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
When the fourth official raised the board to show there would be five minutes of stoppage time, the Arsenal support booed and the manager, Unai Emery, gestured unhappily.
The home team had just equalised through the substitute Henrikh Mkhitaryan and felt the momentum was with them. They wanted longer in order to find the winner. This is the kind of belief Emery has engendered. Arsenal fight until the finish and they throw everything into attack.Continue reading...
- Sat, 10 Nov 2018 09:00:36 +0000: Arsenal v Wolves: match preview - Wolverhampton Wanderers | The Guardian
Arsenal’s unbeaten run continues and the men that bravely fought back against Liverpool last week will be eager to give the flourishing Emirates faithful something even better to shout about. Danny Welbeck’s horrific ankle injury against Sporting on Thursday is likely to have dampened the mood in Unai Emery’s squad however. So can Wolves capitalise? If they produce, over 90 minutes, the second-half spell that almost clawed back a draw against Tottenham they certainly have a chance. Graham Searles
Sunday 4.30pmContinue reading...
Wolves News Archives
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:19:40 +0000: Telford appoint ex-Wolves coach Edwards - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
AFC Telford United appoint former Wolves assistant manager Rob Edwards as boss to replace the sacked Rob Smith.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 12:02:07 +0000: Wolves loan keeper Flatt to Cheltenham - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
League Two club Cheltenham Town sign Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Jon Flatt on a season-long loan deal.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:10:30 +0000: Wolves 'have to keep' Costa - Shi - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Wolves chairman Jeff Shi says the Championship club do not want to allow star winger Helder Costa to leave.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:19:23 +0000: Millwall sign Wallace and Saville - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Millwall sign midfielders Jed Wallace and George Saville from Championship rivals Wolves, both for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Wolverhampton Wanderers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.