West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 08:00:20 +0000: What next for Andy Carroll, the striker who never quite hit his heights? | Barney Ronay - West Ham United | The Guardian
The very English centre-forward is surplus to requirements at West Ham but another club could surely harness his talents
When the time comes for a big screen Andy Carroll biopic it may be a good idea to start with a chase scene. Perhaps even that traumatic attempted heist three years ago when a man on a moped stopped Carroll’s jeep after training and tried to get him to hand over his watch.
It led to some heroic quick reactions. Key details include Carroll crashing into “at least 10” cars as he drove away. Carroll shouting “I’m a Premier League footballer!” at the emergency services as he fled his pursuers. And Carroll heading rather sweetly not for the nearest police station but back to the West Ham training ground, like an antelope released into the wild and retracing the tyre tracks of its handlers, seeking the closest thing to home.Continue reading...
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:00:26 +0000: Signing Sébastien Haller is good business for West Ham – even at £45m - West Ham United | The Guardian
Haller scores goals, sets them up, makes tackles, leads from the front and has a far better attitude than the striker he is replacing
So, it’s official. West Ham have broken their transfer record for the third consecutive summer with the arrival of French striker Sébastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt. The 25-year-old has the task of replacing Marko Arnautovic, another forward who was once their most expensive signing.
Haller was apparently not the club’s first choice – Maxi Gómez chose Valencia over West Ham so he could play in the Champions League – but missing out on the Uruguayan forward may prove a blessing. Haller is nearly three years older than Gómez, but he is a much more complete striker and is better equipped to make an immediate impact.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - West Ham United | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:01:51 +0000: Solskjær full of praise for Greenwood after Manchester United thrash Leeds - West Ham United | The Guardian
- Greenwood scores as Man Utd beat Leeds 4-0 in Australia
- Newcastle beaten 4-0 by Wolves as Bruce appointed manager
Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford put Manchester United on course for a 4-0 pre-season win against Leeds in Australia. A fine move involving the impressive Paul Pogba and the £45m signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka led to 17-year-old Greenwood’s first senior goal and Ole Gunnar Solskjær said the young forward may even force his way into his starting lineup for the first match of the Premier League season, against Chelsea.
“He’s got a chance of starting that one, definitely,” Solskjaer said. “He’s more than capable and will always be there, in and around the box, creating chances. And I won’t say that’s not a possibility, no, it’s a good possibility. If he keeps going as he does. It’s difficult to keep players out who perform well.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:35:03 +0000: West Ham break club record with £45m purchase of Sébastien Haller - West Ham United | The Guardian
• French striker joins from Eintracht Frankfurt on five-year deal
• Haller’s transfer eclipses fee paid for Felipe Anderson last year
West Ham have announced the signing of Sébastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt for a club-record fee that it is understood could rise to €50m (£45m).
The 25-year-old striker, who scored 20 goals in 41 appearances last season and is a former France Under-21 international who came through the ranks at Auxerre, has signed an initial five-year deal. His fee eclipses the £33.5m West Ham paid for Felipe Anderson last year.Continue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.