West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:00:14 +0000: From Craig Cathcart to André Gomes: 10 underrated Premier League players - West Ham United | The Guardian
Underrated they may be but from the Premier League’s unsung heroes are quietly going about their business
Nomination for the October player of the month award (well, one of them – he made the PFA’s shortlist, but not the official Premier League-endorsed version) showed that Duffy’s sterling performances are being noticed. Since being named man of the match in the 3-2 win over Manchester United in August, the 6ft 3in centre-back has been vital to Brighton’s good form, scoring vital goals against United and Southampton and being responsible for more clearances (96) and more clearances off the line (two) than any other top-flight player. The five-year contract he signed last month was reward for his efforts. “We’re conscious of how well he’s done for us,” said Chris Hughton, “and it’s a good opportunity for this club to protect an asset.”Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:55:59 +0000: Samir Nasri faces fitness battle to make West Ham move after doping ban - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Midfielder must satisfy concerns before signing short-term deal
• West Ham reinstate academy coach but give him final warning
The former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri could be set for a return to the Premier League – if he can convince West Ham of his fitness following his doping ban.
Nasri, who played under the West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini at City, was pencilled in for a medical but would have to satisfy doubts over his fitness before signing the six-month deal on the table which also includes an option to extend his stay.Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 08:13:30 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - West Ham United | The Guardian
Hugo Lloris ends his madcap day on a high, Everton work out how to stop Chelsea and Salomón Rondón proves his worth
Unai Emery delivered an overdue update on Danny Welbeck, the Arsenal striker who was stricken against Sporting in the Europa League last Thursday. Welbeck, the manager reported, underwent surgery last Friday to repair his badly broken ankle and he will be out for some time. With Welbeck’s contract due to expire at the end of the season, has he played his final game for the club? Emery had more pressing matters with his strikers against Wolves and he made a tactical change at half‑time, switching from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-1-2 in order to allow Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to come in from the flank and partner Alexandre Lacazette up front. In the first half, Aubameyang had routinely drifted inside from the left. He did not look comfortable in that role. Arsenal would improve to draw 1-1. Is it the best use of Aubameyang’s talents to play him off the wing? David HytnerContinue reading...
- Sat, 10 Nov 2018 17:14:17 +0000: Felipe Anderson strike earns West Ham draw after Huddersfield’s rapid start - West Ham United | The Guardian
Goals have been scarce in West Yorkshire all season, though it was clear from the opening few minutes of this game that it was not going to be another dour stalemate. With two porous defences it was a surprise in the end that only two goals were scored, but on the basis of chances created and missed Huddersfield have to be most disappointed at failing to secure all three points.
“We played very badly in the first half,” the West Ham manager, Manuel Pellegrini, said. “We made a few changes and improved in the second, though not enough to win the match so a draw was the right result. We had to try something different, even though we ended up playing with 10 men in the last few minutes when Ryan Fredericks injured his ankle. It would have been more of a risk to continue playing in the same way.”Continue reading...
- Fri, 09 Nov 2018 16:58:12 +0000: Huddersfield v West Ham: match preview - West Ham United | The Guardian
Huddersfield will be feeling good after winning their first match on Monday but unfortunately West Ham ended a poor run of their own last weekend. On paper the attacking threat of Felipe Anderson and Marko Arnautovic vastly outweighs what David Wagner has to offer. However Terence Kongolo’s first start since September was key against Fulham and his presence should be felt once again. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.