West Ham United Latest Team News
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:00:02 +0000: Manchester City v West Ham: match preview - West Ham United | The Guardian
David Moyes may fancy his chances of plotting a result to remember at the Etihad Stadium considering doubts over Phil Foden and Jack Grealish and the number Crystal Palace did on Manchester City here two home games ago, winning 2-0. But Pep Guardiola’s side defeated Paris Saint-Germain in midweek and generally have the look of a champion side reaching their very best. Which is very good. Jamie Jackson
Sunday 2pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 11:44:10 +0000: Daniel Kretinsky agreed option for full takeover of West Ham in deal for stake - West Ham United | The Guardian
- Czech billionaire purchased 27% stake in club earlier this month
- He can buy Sullivan and Gold’s shares at set price, papers reveal
Daniel Kretinsky has agreed an option for a full takeover of West Ham as part of his purchase of a 27% stake in the club.
The Czech billionaire became West Ham’s second-largest shareholder last month and documents submitted to Companies House this week show an option is in place for him to acquire the shares owned by David Sullivan and David Gold for a set price.Continue reading...
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:01:13 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - West Ham United | The Guardian
Manchester United travel to Chelsea under Michael Carrick, Leeds’ impressive young goalkeeper has another tough evening ahead and Newcastle have decisions to make
“Why are you playing Fred?” That’s the question Roy Keane wanted to ask while pinning Ole Gunnar Solskjær against a dressing room wall, and maybe Solskjær would have struggled to answer. But apparently Michael Carrick knows what Fred does well because the Brazilian was one of Manchester United’s best players in their midweek win at Villarreal, contributing intelligently to both of United’s goals and covering the left-hand side when in defensive mode. The question now is whether he will start against Chelsea, where containing Reece James should be an important part of the visitors’ game plan. Carrick also found uses for Donny van de Beek and Jadon Sancho when it had previously seemed United signed both without knowing why. Starting Sancho on the right may be the best way of exploiting the absence of Ben Chilwell. PD
Chelsea v Manchester United, Sunday 4.30pm (all times GMT)
Arsenal v Newcastle, Saturday 12.30pm
Liverpool v Southampton, Saturday 3pm
Manchester City v West Ham, Sunday 2pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:18:23 +0000: Mark Noble on the spot as West Ham beat Rapid Vienna to wrap up group - West Ham United | The Guardian
West Ham waltzed into the last 16 of the Europa League with a game to spare after a 2-0 victory at Rapid Vienna, as first-half goals from Andriy Yarmolenko and Mark Noble wrapped up top spot in Group H for David Moyes’ side.
It was an important victory for the Hammers as they are now straight through to the knockout stage, avoiding a play-off in February against a team dropping down from the Champions League. Moyes was even able to make eight changes to his side, resting the likes of Declan Rice and Michail Antonio, and still comfortably get the job done.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:04:41 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - West Ham United | The Guardian
Liverpool stepping up their title charge, Manchester United old boys scuppering Solskjær and Brighton letting it slip
It is a footnote to the weekend’s biggest story, but the final nail in Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s coffin was partly hammered in by four players who were at various points deemed not good enough for Manchester United. Ben Foster, Craig Cathcart, Tom Cleverley and Joshua King all made vital contributions to a Watford performance that brimmed with energy, intent and endeavour. United’s class of 2021 lacked all those qualities, and plenty more. They were simply overrun and, while Solskjær’s departure was both inevitable and correct, they might wonder whether a better engagement with the basics might have helped their old manager’s cause. After the final whistle Bruno Fernandes communicated to the away support that United’s players should take the brunt of their ire. In truth the blame for an unholy mess can be shared throughout the club, but Watford’s gang of old boys cast their successors’ efforts into stark relief. Nick AmesContinue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:46:04 +0000: Manchester City v West Ham United - BBC Sport
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between Manchester City and West Ham United.
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 22:22:56 +0000: Rapid Vienna 0-2 West Ham United: Hammers move into Europa League last 16 - BBC Sport
West Ham secure their place in the Europa League last 16 with a win against Rapid Vienna in a game played behind closed doors.
- Wed, 24 Nov 2021 14:01:31 +0000: Declan Rice: West Ham and England midfielder raps Vanilla Ice hit - BBC Sport
West Ham and England's Declan Rice joined in a karaoke on Twitter Spaces this week to sing Vanilla Ice's 'Ice, Ice Baby'.
- Tue, 23 Nov 2021 06:05:51 +0000: Match of the Day Top 10: Why didn't Michael Carrick play more times for England? - BBC Sport
Match of the Day Top 10's Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Micah Richards discuss why midfielder Michael Carrick didn't win more caps for England as they chart their unsung heroes.
- Sat, 20 Nov 2021 18:26:01 +0000: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 West Ham United: Raul Jimenez goal ends Hammers' winning run - BBC Sport
Raul Jimenez scores the only goal as Wolves end West Ham's four-game winning run in the Premier League with a deserved victory at Molineux.