West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:41:48 +0000: A weekend of football passion, rivalry and animosity – photo essay - West Ham United | The Guardian
The Guardian photographer Tom Jenkins takes in three emotionally charged football matches over three days and captures all the colour and passion as AFC Wimbledon take on MK Dons, Tottenham Hotspur visit West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday face Sheffield United in the Steel City derbyContinue reading...
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:53:11 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - West Ham United | The Guardian
Sean Dyche was worked up about nothing, Mark Hughes hopes life for Stoke will get easier and Ronald Koeman played his last cards to get Everton out of trouble
If Brighton survive this season – and they survived this game thanks to several Newcastle misses and some good goalkeeping – there is every chance we will be talking about the signing of Pascal Gross as a masterstroke. The German midfielder with a picture-perfect delivery has been involved in all of Brighton’s Premier League goals, and was instrumental again at the Amex in the 1-0 win over Newcastle when his free-kick homed in on Dale Stephens, who headed down for Tomer Hemed to finish. The value of an accurate set-piece taker cannot be overlooked in a squad short on goalscorers and one suspects there will be plenty more of those well-rehearsed moves. Ingolstadt were relegated despite Gross creating more chances than any other Bundesliga player; Chris Hughton will hope his creative streak delivers safety for Brighton. Lawrence OstlereContinue reading...
- Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:30:04 +0000: Slaven Bilic feeling the heat after Spurs shine glaring light on West Ham flaws | David Hytner - West Ham United | The Guardian
Coach retains fans’ goodwill but the way his side flirted with humiliation against Tottenham was ominous for a man aware of the harsh realities of his profession
Slaven Bilic knows how it goes in his line of work. Once a manager is in danger, once the narrative becomes entrenched, it can begin to feel like the long kiss goodbye. “Once that’s opened, then it basically doesn’t stop,” the West Ham manager said after his team’s 3-2 home defeat against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday. “Game by game or two games by two games – it’s the way it is in modern football. Once you open that page …”
Bilic turned that page last season, when only a 1-0 win against Spurs with three games to go persuaded the West Ham hierarchy to stick with him. But three successive Premier League defeats at the start of this season ensured that the mention of his name were prefaced by words like “under-fire” and “beleaguered”.Continue reading...
- Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:38:02 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - West Ham United | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:41:47 +0000: Tottenham hang on to beat West Ham with 10 men after Harry Kane double - West Ham United | The Guardian
On a slow-burn afternoon at the London Stadium, West Ham United summoned a late, doomed charge, but Tottenham Hotspur were always just about beyond their reach. Slaven Bilic’s rejigged team scored two late headed goals, the last after Serge Aurier had been sent off with 20 minutes to go, drawing a belated crackle of noise from the home crowd. By the end a 3-2 scoreline had provided a hopeful gloss. The problem for West Ham was that by the time they started to play the game had already been put to bed by opponents who were simply a class apart.
Spurs had started cagily, perhaps expecting a little lunchtime derby fury, before realising with half an hour gone that they were pushing at an open door. At which point Harry Kane scored twice in the space of four minutes as Tottenham showed the best of their high-speed attacking gears, both goals coming from a turnover in midfield, both finished ruthlessly.Continue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.