West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:06:40 +0000: West Ham tested by second bid for unhappy Marko Arnautovic - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Guangzhou Evergrande bid £35.2m for player, who aims to leave
• Manuel Pellegrini drops striker for Bournemouth trip
West Ham’s resolve to keep Marko Arnautovic has been tested by a €40m (£35.2m) offer from Guangzhou Evergrande.
The Premier League club are furious with Arnautovic over behaviour that has led to the striker being dropped for the game at Bournemouth and apologising to his teammates, but are likely to hold out for a third bid from the Chinese Super League side, who had previously offered €35m.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 12:18:11 +0000: Bournemouth v West Ham: match preview - West Ham United | The Guardian
West Ham impressed against Arsenal and will be raring to face a Bournemouth side with the third worst defensive record in the league. Eddie Howe’s charges concede almost two goals a game on average so attack, as usual, will be the best form of defence for Bournemouth. Doubts remain over the fitness of top scorer Callum Wilson though. After a dreadful start Manuel Pellegrini has done a magnificent job turning West Ham’s season around. A win could send them seventh. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:21:57 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - West Ham United | The Guardian
Who will Pochettino turn to up front? Will Lindelöf banish bad memories of Brighton? And should Sarri start Giroud?
If Mauricio Pochettino could have picked one Premier League team to start playing against without his top scorer and his most in-form attacker, then he would surely have plumped for Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s defensively chaotic side are the perfect opponents in a far-from-ideal scenario for Tottenham, who must learn to cope without Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. It will still be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino tries to overcome those losses. Perhaps he will ask Dele Alli or Lucas Moura to play as a shifty striker or maybe he’ll deploy Fernando Llorente, a more conventional centre-forward who netted a hat-trick in the recent annihilation of Tranmere Rovers? Or the manager might even push his faith in youth to an unprecedented extreme by giving a start to the highly promising 16-year-old Irish striker Troy Parrott, who has yet to appear for the senior team? Whatever the manager opts for, Spurs can be confident of victory given that Fulham have been so hapless this season that they even managed to concede two goals last week despite restricting Burnley to no shots on target. PDContinue reading...
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 20:55:08 +0000: Transfer roundup: Valencia want Javier Hernández and Fulham sign Ryan Babel - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Striker keen to join Spanish club from West Ham
• Crystal Palace set to sign goalkeeper Lucas Perri
Javier Hernández is wanted by Valencia and is keen to join the Spanish club but West Ham will not allow him to leave unless they can bring in another striker.
Valencia want a loan deal for Hernández, whereas West Ham would prefer a sale – if they do business at all. They are facing the possibility of losing another forward, Marko Arnautovic, to an unnamed Chinese club, and regard Bournemouth’s Callum Wilson as his ideal replacement.Continue reading...
- Sun, 13 Jan 2019 20:54:59 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - West Ham United | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight
- View the Dozen archive
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.