The Latest West Bromwich Albion FC Transfer News
- Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:41:51 +0000: Oscar Garcia keen to replace Tony Pulis as West Brom manager - West Bromwich Albion
- Tue, 21 Nov 2017 16:24:31 +0000: Premier League stats: The team with the best shots to goal ratio revealed - West Bromwich Albion
- Tue, 21 Nov 2017 07:27:08 +0000: Transfer rumours and paper review - Tuesday, November 21: Where next for Ozil, Sturridge set for Liverpool stay, Watford ace to leave? - West Bromwich Albion
- Mon, 20 Nov 2017 18:41:26 +0000: West Brom keen to appoint boss with top-flight experience to replace Tony Pulis - West Bromwich Albion
- Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:30:58 +0000: Premier League 2017/18 table: Super computer predicts end of season final standings – *November update* - West Bromwich Albion
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
West Bromwich Albion manager Steve Clarke has been scouring the transfer market for new additions for his squad for some time now and the club has made enquiries for several players from all over Europe. There are also a number of names that are due to be leaving the club this summer even though Clarke is attempting to keep all his best players at the Hawthorns for the foreseeable future.
The club had their first disappointment of the summer yesterday as their deal to bring talented midfielder Tongo Doumbia in from Rennes after the player refused to agree to personal terms set out by West Brom. The Mali international has stated he has a huge desire to play in the premier league and would have loved to arrive at the Hawthorns but after extensive talks the two parties could not agree on personal terms so unfortunately for West Brom fans the player will remain with his current club next season unless the baggies come back with a more suitable offer.
Blackburn are also in talks to bring West Brom striker Simon Cox to Ewood park after the player has struggled to nail down a first team spot with the baggies ever since arriving from Swindon in 2009. The player has now fallen even further down the pecking list behind Shane Long and Peter Odemwingie and now it looks all but certain that the player will be departing the Hawthorns in the summer months.
A major coup for the manager this summer is the year long loan signing of Belgian international Yassine El Ghanassy after the talented winger made his arrival from home club Gent. Clarke has seen the player as an exciting addition to his squad and hopes that he will be able to reinforce his front line with the player who has been terrorizing Belgian defences for the past three years.