West Bromwich Albion Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
- Sat, 09 Mar 2019 19:50:06 +0000: West Brom sack head coach Darren Moore blaming ‘disappointing’ results - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Albion lie fourth in Championship after draw with Ipswich
• Chief executive Mark Jenkins blames poor form and results
West Bromwich Albion have sacked Darren Moore, blaming the head coach for failing to “engineer consistency of form and results”.
The decision to sack Moore and his assistants, Graeme Jones and Wayne Jacobs, came after their 1-1 draw against bottom club Ipswich, which meant they remain without a home victory in the Championship since Boxing Day, and have won just four of their last 12 games. They do remain fourth in the table, though – on track for a place in the play-offs.Continue reading...
- Fri, 01 Mar 2019 21:42:12 +0000: Hernández and Bamford send Leeds back to the top with win over West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Leeds United returned to the top of the Championship with an emphatic 4-0 victory over West Bromwich Albion, sealed by Pablo Hernández’s first-minute strike, a Patrick Bamford double and Ezgjan Alioski’s late tap-in, enough to see Marcelo Bielsa’s side leapfrog Norwich and Sheffield United at the summit.
If Leeds were in need of a pick-me-up after their surprise midweek defeat at QPR (their fifth loss since Christmas) left them outside the automatic promotion places, they could barely have got it more quickly at Elland Road.Continue reading...
- Thu, 28 Feb 2019 12:54:29 +0000: When Coventry City had the most beautiful programmes ever made - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
John Elvin went to Coventry in 1970 with a simple mission: to change the way football fans viewed the humble programme
How do you change something that people don’t realise needs changing? That was the question facing John Elvin when he and his young family moved from Hammersmith in south west London to the Midlands. West Bromwich Albion had poached him from his kitchen table.
It was the late 1960s and John had been making a steady living by designing posters of footballers from home. He had quit his job at a design agency in London and orders kept coming through the post, with fans looking to buy a poster of Jeff Astle or Alan Ball, rolled up in a cardboard tube, with Elvin’s signature. West Brom had noticed him – noticed the way he used image and typography like nobody else – and made him an offer. Their matchday programme was floundering. John, do you want to take it over? He did.
Related: What makes a great football stadium?Continue reading...
- Sat, 23 Feb 2019 19:35:29 +0000: Sheffield United rise to second as Kieran Dowell header sees off West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Sheffield United maintained their hold on the second automatic promotion place in the Championship after Kieran Dowell’s first-half header extended West Brom’s increasingly unproductive home form.
Darren Moore’s team may have started the day as the division’s leading scorers, having secured eight wins from their last nine away games, but they have now not won at the Hawthorns since Boxing Day as they missed the chance to overtake their promotion rivals.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.