West Bromwich Albion Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 24 Aug 2018 21:11:56 +0000: Daniel Ayala pounces late for Boro to bring West Brom back to earth - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
As a keen student of military history who spends his spare time touring foreign battlefields and studying the modus operandi of assorted generals, Tony Pulis fully appreciates the importance of patience. Even so, Middlesbrough’s manager would probably have preferred not to wait until stoppage time to see Dani Ayala’s goal defeat the club which sacked him last November and return the Teesiders to the top of the Championship, three points ahead of Leeds.
When Ayala seamlessly controlled a dropping deep free-kick from the substitute Mo Besic before stabbing a shot past Sam Johnstone, Darren Moore looked shell-shocked. Not that a visiting manager mentored by Pulis should have been surprised by Boro’s latest set-piece success.Continue reading...
- Sat, 18 Aug 2018 16:17:52 +0000: Matt Phillips at the double in West Brom’s 7-1 dismantling of QPR - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
West Brom ran riot in their Championship encounter at The Hawthorns. Six second-half goals meant they romped to victory and leave QPR still looking for their first point of the season.
Matt Phillips had given Albion a 29th-minute lead against his former club only for QPR to equalise five minutes later through Joel Lynch.Continue reading...
- Tue, 07 Aug 2018 21:57:11 +0000: Middlesbrough cope without Traoré in home win over Sheffield United - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Pulis’s side remain unbeaten after first victory of season
• Late equaliser earns West Brom a draw at Nottingham Forest
Middlesbrough proved they possess plenty of cut and thrust without Adama Traoré as Sheffield United lost 3-0 at the Riverside.
Winger Traoré, absent from the squad, is close to joining Premier League newcomers Wolves – bad news for Boro fans who have seen key men Ben Gibson and Patrick Bamford sold in recent days.Continue reading...
- Fri, 03 Aug 2018 13:00:28 +0000: Transfer roundup: Tottenham ‘nowhere near’ Villa’s valuation of Grealish - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Steve Bruce says Spurs yet to lodge formal bid
• Burnley make new bid for Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson
Tottenham Hotspur have yet to make a formal bid for the Aston Villa midfielder Jack Grealish and are some way off in their valuation of the player, according to the Championship club’s manager, Steve Bruce.
Grealish has been linked with a £20m switch to Tottenham, who have yet to make a signing in the close season. “At the moment, Spurs haven’t got anywhere near what the owners want to even consider, so there’s not a discussion to be had,” Bruce said. “I don’t think we’ve had a formal bid. The one thing that the owners have made pretty clear is no one is for sale. We don’t want to lose our best players.”Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 Aug 2018 15:59:31 +0000: Transfer roundup: West Brom reject Burnley’s £16m bid for Jay Rodriguez - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Sean Dyche hoping to seal return of former Burnley striker
• Abdoulaye Doucouré signs new five-year contract at Watford
West Bromwich Albion have rejected a £16m offer from Burnley for Jay Rodriguez.
The bid fell well short of West Brom’s valuation of the striker, who is not agitating for a move. The Championship side want to keep hold of Rodriguez as they seek an instant return to the Premier League.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.