West Bromwich Albion Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:04:29 +0000: Late Jordan Rhodes equaliser earns Norwich draw with West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Not many people leave early to avoid the traffic when Norwich City play this season. Jordan Rhodes’s late equaliser against West Brom made it the eighth straight league game in which they have scored in the last 15 minutes. All of them have changed the result, this one earning a 1-1 draw in an absorbing contest between two of the Championship’s promotion favourites.
“I would prefer a boring 2-0 sometimes,” said the Norwich manager, Daniel Farke. The point means they drop below Sheffield United and out of the automatic promotion spots, with the gap between them and the leaders, Leeds, extended to four points after the surveillance enthusiasts beat Derby on Friday night.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:11:34 +0000: The best young players in the Championship this season - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Tammy Abraham turned down a move to the Premier League this week. He is not the only youngster who could step up
Tammy Abraham has already been offered a chance to play in the Premier League in this transfer window. He rejected a loan move to Wolves earlier this week in favour of staying with Aston Villa to help with their push for promotion. Not every player would turn down a Premier League club but his decision may prove wise. There’s little doubt the 21-year-old striker will be a Premier League player next season, wherever that may be, so his choice to stick with a side and system that play to his strengths is admirable. Abraham, who has two England caps, is the joint top scorer in the Championship this season with 16 goals in 20 appearances – and 12 of those goals have come in his last 10 games. Rating: 7.40Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Jan 2019 10:00:08 +0000: Ten Football League teenagers to watch in 2019 | Ben Fisher - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
From Leeds United’s Jack Clarke to Middlesbrough’s Marcus Tavernier, these 10 talented teenagers are quickly becoming fixtures in the future of football
After several game-changing cameos off the bench, the York-born forward was finally handed his full debut by Marcelo Bielsa last Sunday. Raw and direct, Clarke has the ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck; he kickstarted an extraordinary comeback victory at Villa Park last month and made a similar dent against Nottingham Forest and, before that, Sheffield United. Clarke has pleasantly surprised Bielsa, becoming the Argentinian’s go-to man, asked to spark Leeds into life at half-time on no fewer than six occasions since November. “When I started to look at his skills I didn’t imagine that he could make the difference as he is,” Bielsa said.Continue reading...
- Fri, 14 Dec 2018 22:00:18 +0000: Kieran Gibbs lifts West Brom to third with winner at Sheffield United - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Sheffield United missed the chance to close the gap on second-placed Leeds United near the top of the Championship as they were beaten 2-1 by West Bromwich Albion at Bramall Lane. The win for Darren Moore’s side meant they overtook their hosts to move into third place as the battle for promotion from the second tier took another twist.
United took an early lead when David McGoldrick finished off a quick counterattack by side-footing past Sam Johnstone from close range meaning that West Brom have failed to keep a clean sheet in 21 of their 22 league games this season.Continue reading...
- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 21:59:36 +0000: Jay Rodriguez gives West Brom late helping hand in draw with Aston Villa - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Jay Rodriguez scored a controversial injury-time equaliser with his hand as West Brom denied Aston Villa victory at the last in a crackling West Midlands derby on a wet night at the Hawthorns. After a hesitant opening few minutes Villa drew first blood. El Ghazi was given too much room to shoot from the edge of the box and the ball took two deflections, the first off Jake Livermore and the second off Ahmed Hegazi’s head, on its way into the net. El Ghazi celebrated but it was eventually ruled a Hegazi own-goal.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.