West Bromwich Albion Latest News
- Sat, 24 Aug 2019 13:38:38 +0000: Kenneth Zohore’s late penalty at Derby preserves West Brom’s unbeaten start - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Slaven Bilic said the introduction of the video assistant referee (VAR) in the Championship would prevent penalty decisions from having a damaging impact, citing how such judgments can dictate managers getting “new contracts, praise or the sack”, after West Brom and Derby both suffered from questionable officiating in an entertaining draw.
Kenneth Zohore scored a spot-kick for the second time in four days to preserve Albion’s unbeaten start in the league but their equaliser six minutes from time came courtesy of a dubious penalty awarded against Derby’s Max Lowe, who went to ground to halt Matheus Pereira.Continue reading...
- Wed, 21 Aug 2019 07:34:51 +0000: West Brom’s Filip Krovinovic: ‘I like to steal things from how Modric plays’ | Ben Fisher - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
The Croatian midfielder, on loan from Benfica, on his family’s road trip with West Brom fans and his love of Harry Potter
Not for the first time Filip Krovinovic is smiling. It is bucketing down at West Bromwich Albion’s training base but after making light of the British climate and highlighting Luka Modric as his idol, the Croatian playmaker, whom Slaven Bilic made his first signing this summer, is describing how his older brother, Tomislav, and his family also became an instant hit with fans after joining them on a supporters’ coach for the opening-day win at Nottingham Forest.
“They loved it,” Krovinovic says. “They liked the atmosphere on the bus. They took some beers and some fans took a picture with my brother. They asked: ‘Where are you from?’ And my brother was like: ‘We are here visiting my brother.’ They said: ‘Ah, who is your brother?’ He went: ‘Fil.’ They were like: ‘No, show me your ID, show me your ID!’ And then I saw some photos in my Instagram messages of my brother with the fans.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 13 Aug 2019 22:48:14 +0000: Middlesbrough tumble out of Carabao Cup after losing to Crewe on penalties - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• ‘It was a terrible performance,’ says Jonathan Woodgate
• Forest Green beat Charlton thanks to debutant keeper
David Artell felt League Two Crewe deserved to be in the second round of the Carabao Cup even before Middlesbrough forced penalties at the Riverside Stadium.
Boro had to come from two goals down to level things in added time but Crewe progressed courtesy of a 4-2 penalty shoot-out win and set up a tie with Aston Villa.
North sectionContinue reading...
- Thu, 08 Aug 2019 14:43:55 +0000: Watford sign Ismaïla Sarr from Rennes for club-record £30m - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Senegal forward signs five-year deal at Vicarage Road
• Charlie Austin joins West Brom for £4m
Watford have signed Ismaïla Sarr from Rennes for a club-record fee believed to be around £30m. The Senegal forward has signed a five-year deal at Vicarage Road after weeks of negotiations with the French club.
Sarr, who was the subject of late interest form Crystal Palace, made 77 appearances for Rennes after joining from Metz in 2017 for around £12m and helped the Breton club win the Coupe de France last season.Continue reading...
- Thu, 08 Aug 2019 13:35:08 +0000: ‘Trying to destroy careers’: Ravel Morrison defends Berahino from Johnson criticism - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Former England defender said Berahino ‘had wrong mentality’
• Striker expected to join Zulte Waregem after Stoke release
Ravel Morrison has hit out at Glen Johnson after the former England defender criticised Saido Berahino for having “the wrong attitude during their spell together at Stoke.
Berahino was released by Stoke on Wednesday with three years left on the contract he signed in January 2017 and is expected to join Zulte Waregem having spent part of pre-season with the Belgian club. Stoke are believed to have paid out more than £2m to buy out the forward’s contract having spent £12m on purchasing him from West Brom. The 26-year-old scored only five goals in 56 appearances.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.