West Bromwich Albion Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:24:58 +0000: Bournemouth v West Bromwich Albion: match preview - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
West Bromwich Albion’s time in the Premier League appears to be reaching an inevitable conclusion after another defeat, against Leicester, last week. A seventh in succession feels likely for Alan Pardew’s side, despite Gareth Barry and Jonny Evans returning, and a win for Bournemouth would give them one of the three required to confirm a fourth season in the top flight. Is there a risk of complacency for Bournemouth? “Absolutely no chance,” said Eddie Howe. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Mon, 12 Mar 2018 09:02:51 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Alex Iwobi is drifting, Pellegrino is on dangerous ground and Manchester United produced a classic performance
It always feels unfair to single out a young player, not least one who seems with each performance these days to become a one-man Arsenal social media event, a living banter-meme. Just check out Alex Iwobi on Twitter the next time Arsenal are playing – and hope he never makes the mistake of searching his own name. But watching him against Watford it was tempting to wonder about stalled progress, and a comfort zone at the wrong moment in his career. He has been more productive since Christmas, has made an effort to make more decisive forward runs. But he remains a strange footballer, a creative midfielder who seems to be always shuttling in vaguely the right area, but who somehow ends up doing very little actual creating. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has shown the fruits of moving on to develop. Iwobi still seems unsure of his place in the pecking order, too mannered to have any real sharp edges, and in danger of becoming a poster boy for late-Wenger drift. Barney RonayContinue reading...
- Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:31:52 +0000: Alan Pardew ready for anything at talks with West Brom board - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Pressure grows on WBA manager after 4-1 home defeat by Leicester
• West Brom bottom after run of seven successive defeats
Alan Pardew will on Monday hold talks with the West Bromwich Albion board about his future as manager as he seeks to establish whether the club will persevere with him in the short term or respond to a seventh successive defeat and growing unrest among fans by terminating his contract before the next game, at Bournemouth on Saturday.
Although Pardew has no intention of resigning, he sounded as if he was almost anticipating the sack in the wake of the 4-1 defeat at home against Leicester City on Saturday. Pardew acknowledged the situation at the Premier League’s bottom club had become so bleak that he needed to speak to Albion’s hierarchy “because they might think a change is a better thing for the club”. Those discussions are expected to take place with Mark Jenkins, the chief executive, at the club’s training ground.Continue reading...
- Sat, 10 Mar 2018 17:14:53 +0000: Alan Pardew in West Brom’s last-chance saloon as Leicester cruise to win - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
With relegation all but a formality for West Bromwich Albion after yet another chastening defeat, the only question that remains is how much longer the club’s board will tolerate the sight of Alan Pardew presiding over their hapless plight.
This was their seventh successive defeat, leaving them eight points adrift of safety with eight matches remaining. Pardew admitted it has now reached the stage where he needs to approach the board to see if they wish to make a change.Continue reading...
- Fri, 09 Mar 2018 12:26:25 +0000: West Brom v Leicester City: match preview - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
West Bromwich Albion’s time in the Premier League appears to be running out with Alan Pardew’s side eight points from safety with nine games to play. A run of five successive defeats speaks for itself but they have performed miracles to stay in the league before. Leicester, though, will be confident they can easily add another to that tally, with the superior attacking qualities of Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy, while snapping their winless run of five matches. Graham Searles
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.