West Bromwich Albion Latest News
- Fri, 20 Mar 2020 20:45:36 +0000: 'Don't take it lightly': Charlie Austin says he suffered acute Covid-19 symptoms - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- West Brom forward warns public to take outbreak seriously
- Austin believes he contracted virus at Cheltenham Festival
The West Brom forward Charlie Austin has urged people to take the coronavirus outbreak seriously, after revealing he has been suffering from acute Covid-19 symptoms.
In the UK, pubs, restaurants and clubs are closing from Friday night, and the pandemic continues to affect everyday life. Sport has been hit hard with postponements, with a number of players and staff already testing positive.Continue reading...
- Tue, 03 Mar 2020 22:01:30 +0000: Miguel Almirón's first-half double eases Newcastle through at West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Newcastle are on their way to Wembley as far as their admirable away support is concerned. A double strike from the normally innocuous Miguel Almirón helped put them into the last eight, just a game away from a trip to London, and though there are still some big teams left the near 50% of respondees who told a Newcastle Chronicle survey they wouldn’t mind being relegated if they could go down as FA Cup winners are one step nearer to their wish.Continue reading...
- Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:53:01 +0000: Football League: Leaders West Brom slump against Wigan after Leeds win - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Sam Morsy winner consigns leaders to home defeat
- David Nugent own-goal helps Fulham past Preston
Leaders West Bromwich Albion saw their advantage cut to a point by Leeds’ crushing 4-0 lunchtime win at Hull City and promptly slumped to a damaging 1-0 home defeat against relegation candidates Wigan Athletic.
League One results
League Two resultsContinue reading...
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 15:10:19 +0000: My day of two halves – from Bristol City to Balliol College - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
I had to wear my dinner suit under my big West Brom coat at the match, and Oxford was equally uncomfortable – until talk turned to football
I had a funny old day on Saturday. It began with a melee at a football ground in Bristol, and ended at a dinner at Balliol College, Oxford where I tried to hold my own in conversation with an economist, a cardiologist and an endocrinologist. There wasn’t a lot of time between these two engagements, so I had to wear my dinner suit beneath my big West Brom coat. As we won 3-0, I suppose I will now have to wear this formal outfit for every game henceforth. Seeing our third goal go in was a highlight. The lowlight was the appalling sight of two of our fans fighting in the away end just in front of me. They were both extremely large and wild-eyed, and knocked bells out of each other with great enthusiasm. No idea what they were fighting about; we were playing really well.
In the blink of an eye, feeling no less stressed, I was walking into Balliol College. I wasn’t in my comfort zone. I never applied for Oxbridge, not least because none of my teachers suggested I should. Furthermore, ahead of my O-levels a reading list was issued of the kind of books we should have read if we were aiming for Oxford or Cambridge. The first on that list was Lady Antonia Fraser’s life of Cromwell. I borrowed it from the school library, started reading, failed to make head or tail of it, returned it to the library, and that was the end of that.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 Feb 2020 22:01:05 +0000: Championship roundup: Robson-Kanu extends West Brom's lead at the top - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Albion beat Preston 2-0 to move seven points clear
- Brentford stutter but Forest hold on to beat Cardiff
West Brom moved seven points clear at the top of the Championship with a 2-0 win over in-form Preston at the Hawthorns. Hal Robson-Kanu was creator and scorer of Albion’s two first-half goals, controlling Callum Robinson’s fine left-wing cross with his chest and firing under the goalkeeper Declan Rudd.
Jake Livermore doubled the lead for Slaven Bilic’s side just before half-time when he latched on to Robson-Kanu’s knockdown to drive a left-foot shot into the corner. Preston also had Darnell Fisher sent off for serious foul play on 64 minutes as Alex Neil’s side stay six points behind second-placed Leeds.
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.