West Bromwich Albion Latest News
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:15:08 +0000: Championship: West Brom fight back to deny QPR, Coventry climb into top two - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Karlan Grant scores late winner to take Baggies back to top
- Viktor Gyökeres at the double in 3-0 win over Peterborough
Karlan Grant made the difference as West Brom produced a late fightback to beat QPR 2-1 at the Hawthorns on Friday and go back to the top of the Championship.
Rangers went ahead in the first minute when a through ball by Moses Odubajo caught the Albion defence napping, putting Andre Gray clean through. The Wolverhampton-born striker took a touch and slotted the ball past goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:46:53 +0000: Championship: Bournemouth sink QPR to climb table, Derby hold West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Huddersfield up to fourth in table after 3-0 win at Blackpool
- Ben Brereton Diaz scores fourth of season as Blackburn win
Dominic Solanke’s fifth goal of the season helped Bournemouth to end QPR’s unbeaten record following a 2-1 win in the Championship. The Cherries’ victory sent them joint-top of the table and extends their own unbeaten start after West Brom could only draw 0-0 at home against Derby.
Bournemouth and QPR were two of three teams in the division still yet to lose before the match at the Vitality Stadium, but the visitors made a poor start on the south coast. The centre-back Rob Dickie was easily dispossessed by Jaidon Anthony and the Cherries youngster proceeded to fire home after 12 minutes.Continue reading...
- Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:32:00 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham dominate Stoke; QPR rise to third - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Marco Silva says leaders can still improve after 3-0 win
- Lyndon Dykes inspires QPR; West Brom leave it late
Marco Silva said there is more to come from Fulham after they swept aside Stoke to maintain their unbeaten start to the Championship season. A comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals from Harry Wilson, Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aleksandar Mitrovic, left the manager believing the margin of victory should have been even greater.
“It was a very good performance from the first minute until the last,” he said. “We should have scored more goals, 1-0 was not enough from the first half with the chances we created. We should be more clinical.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 25 Aug 2021 21:01:43 +0000: Aubameyang fires hat-trick in Arsenal demolition of West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
If it was an indignity for Arsenal to enter the Carabao Cup at this early stage because of their absence from European competition, they booked their passage to the next round by showing true class. Against a Championship club’s reserves, admittedly, but this was a demonstration from which Mikel Arteta and his team can take heart.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored a hat-trick on his first start of the season, and Nicolas Pépé, Bukayo Saka and Alexandre Lacazette also netted in a match in which the visitors threatened to score nearly every time they attacked. Now all they have to do is play like this regularly against stronger opponents. Then trust will grow in Arsenal’s players and Arteta’s process.Continue reading...
- Tue, 24 Aug 2021 16:46:02 +0000: Mikel Arteta admits turning Arsenal’s form around will ‘take some time’ - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
- Arsenal manager urges supporters to get behind the team
- Arteta’s side face trips to West Brom and Manchester City
Mikel Arteta has admitted turning Arsenal’s fortunes around will “take some time” and urged supporters to get behind the team when they travel to West Brom in the Carabao Cup tonight before facing Manchester City on Saturday.
The 2-0 home defeat against Chelsea on Sunday left Arsenal without a point or goal from their opening two Premier League matches to increase the pressure on Arteta after failing to qualify for European competition last season. That meant Arsenal enter the League Cup at the second-round stage for the first time since 1995.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:06:40 +0000: West Bromwich Albion 2-1 QPR: Karlan Grant scores twice as Baggies come from behind to return to top - BBC Sport
QPR keeper Seny Dieng gifts West Brom an equaliser as two-goal Karlan Grant's winner puts the Baggies top of the Championship.
- Sat, 18 Sep 2021 19:11:35 +0000: Preston 1-1 West Brom: North End hold unbeaten Baggies to draw at Deepdale - BBC Sport
Matt Phillips levels Ben Whiteman's opener as Preston and unbeaten West Brom share the Championship spoils at Deepdale.
- Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:28:21 +0000: West Bromwich Albion 0-0 Derby County: Baggies left frustrated by Rams - BBC Sport
Championship leaders West Brom are held for a second successive league game as Derby secure a point with a goalless draw.
- Sat, 11 Sep 2021 17:23:37 +0000: West Bromwich Albion 1-1 Millwall: Baggies go top of Championship despite being held to home draw - BBC Sport
West Bromwich Albion are held at home by Millwall but still climb to the top of the Championship table after Fulham's defeat.
- Thu, 09 Sep 2021 15:00:04 +0000: Racist fan's Facebook post 'harassed' West Brom player - BBC Sport
A court rejects autocorrect as the excuse for the message about West Bromwich Albion's Romaine Sawyers.