West Bromwich Albion Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:04:10 +0000: Tony Pulis on the brink after four-goal Chelsea hammer West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
The message was loud and clear as the home supporters spelt out to Guochuan Lai, the club’s Chinese owner, exactly what they think of Tony Pulis. Anger and frustration has been bubbling away here for a while, yet this was the afternoon when patience finally snapped. “We want Pulis out,” was chanted repeatedly by a fanbase that is no longer willing to tolerate the sight of him in charge of a team in freefall.
“You’re getting sacked in the morning” and “Tony Pulis, your football is shit” also reverberated as Chelsea brutally exposed the brittle confidence in a side that has now won two of their past 21 Premier League matches and collected 12 points in the process. It is relegation form and Pulis appears powerless to arrest the slide.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:48:00 +0000: Tony Pulis defends his record but the end looks nigh at West Brom - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Tony Pulis has been unfortunate with signings he hoped would gel but more disquiet in the stands against Chelsea could mean curtains for the manager
At times it was difficult to know whether Tony Pulis was mounting a robust defence of his record, or just determined to get in a few pre-emptive strikes in the event he loses his job at West Bromwich Albion and is restricted to a carefully-worded statement that denies him the chance to say what he really thinks about his achievements at the club.
Either way, Pulis clearly recognises the end of his near three-year reign could be close after a wretched run that has delivered only two victories from the past 20 league games, leaving West Brom one place above the teams in the relegation zone and prompting supporters to turn on him during the 1-0 defeat at Huddersfield Town before the international break.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 17:12:31 +0000: West Bromwich Albion v Chelsea: match preview - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
Tony Pulis will have welcomed the international break to give him time to mastermind an upturn in form but, with the champions in town, one wonders whether the Welshman needed longer to prepare. Antonio Conte has fond memories of the Hawthorns after Chelsea secured the title there last season and the Italian will be demanding another win to stay in touch with Manchester City. Graham Searles
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 15:20:03 +0000: David Luiz returns to squad as Conte insists youngsters are ‘future of Chelsea’ - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
• Brazil defender could face West Bromwich Albion after being dropped
• ‘His exclusion was a technical decision’ insists Antonio Conte
David Luiz will be in the Chelsea squad to face West Bromwich Albion this weekend, Antonio Conte has confirmed.
The Chelsea manager said the Brazilian will be considered for selection having been confined to the stands for the club’s previous fixture, a victory over Manchester United.Continue reading...
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:08:24 +0000: Premier League health check: the overachievers and underperformers | Paul Wilson - West Bromwich Albion | The Guardian
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour
They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tell you is that during the dog days of an international break, when nothing falls or rises and hopes and fears are put on temporary hold, the narrative becomes a bit less compelling.
You get sick of looking at the same thing, in other words, although Burnley, Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield will probably never tire of waiting for winter and the real meat of the season from a position in the top half of the table. As far as the first third of the season goes, some of those clubs are among the big winners, simply for delighting their fans by doing better than expected.Continue reading...
The West Brom News Archives can be viewed below:
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 11:57:13 +0000: West Brom open to safe standing trial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
West Bromwich Albion say they are willing to use The Hawthorns as part of a pilot scheme for safe standing.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 17:50:38 +0000: Lawro's final-day predictions v rock band Royal Blood - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
BBC football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on rock band Royal Blood in his predictions for the final day of the Premier League season.
- Sun, 21 May 2017 16:29:55 +0000: Swansea City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Bromwich Albion | BBC
Fernando Llorente scores his 15th goal of the season as Swansea come back to beat West Brom at the Liberty Stadium.