The Latest Tottenham FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 19:13:59 +0000: Pointless Crystal Palace: the worst starts to Premier League seasons and what happened next - Tottenham Hotspur
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 18:28:38 +0000: Premier League statistics: Alvaro Morata's hat-trick, Romelu Lukaku's record, and more facts - Tottenham Hotspur
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:22:09 +0000: 'The first half was nowhere near 2-0 for them' - Slaven Bilic insists West Ham impressed despite fourth league defeat against Tottenham - Tottenham Hotspur
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:55:29 +0000: Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino ‘in love’ with model professional Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 13:55:24 +0000: West Ham 2-3 Tottenham: Spurs survive late pressure to claim all three points at the London Stadium - Tottenham Hotspur
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
The speculation of transfer action is coming thick and fast for Tottenham this summer with a number of high profile players touted to leave the London club this summer even though new manager Andre Villa-Boas is doing all he can to hang on to some of his most influential stars.
The most high profile departure that looks certain to materialize this summer is that of star creative midfielder Luka Modric. The player has long had rife speculation of his departure after a number of clubs have shown extreme interest over the past two seasons and it now looks almost inevitable that the player will leave White Hart Lane in the summer months. Leading the chase for the midfielder are Real Madrid after Jose Mourinho has put the player on the top of his transfer list for this summer but Spurs have already knocked back two bids from the club and are holding out for the full thirty five million pound asking price for the player. Other teams interested in the player are Chelsea and Manchester United although neither side has made an official offer for the players services as of yet so the drama continues.
Another player who looks set to leave the club is Rafael Van Der Vaart after increasing interest for the player from some of the top clubs in Europe. The player who was thought to be lined up for a summer return to Real Madrid has had lots of interest although the player himself has been quick to distance himself from such rumours and has claimed he would prefer to stay at the club next season.
Spurs fans will also have to watch the departure of promising defender Bongani Khumalo on a season long loan to Greek side POAK. The South African player has found it difficult to break through into the Tottenham first team so rather than rot in the reserves the player has chosen to look elsewhere to satisfy his craving for first team football. The player is set to return next season in the hope that he can then nail down a place in the starting eleven.
Brian McDermott is another player touted to leave the club this summer as a deal to take him to newly promoted Reading is almost complete after the player has endured a nightmare start to his Spurs career. An agreement between the two clubs has been put in place to take the player to the Madjeski so long as the player passes a medical with the club next week.
One of Villa-Boas top targets this summer is Porto star play maker Joao Moutinho who has long been in the sights of the new Tottenham boss after he coached the player during his time with the Portuguese club. New Porto coach has however raised the stakes today as he stated that any club wishing to sign his top player would need to meet the clubs asking price as they will not let him leave until a club does and this may scare off many prospective employers as the player has a thirty million pound buy out clause in his contract.