Tottenham Hotspur Latest News
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:00:02 +0000: Burnley v Tottenham: match preview - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
They say the table does not lie but it can sometimes distort the truth. Few would argue Tottenham resemble a team sitting seventh, especially following their latest Europa Conference League embarrassment to Slovenian minnows Mura on Thursday. On the flip side Burnley can feel slightly aggrieved to be in the relegation zone considering their only defeat in the last seven games was at Manchester City. Burnley’s problem has been a tendency to draw too many games – six – and another stalemate could be on the cards against a Tottenham side yet to find their feet under Antonio Conte, especially with James Tarkowski and Ashley Westwood suspended. Stephen Hollis
Sunday 2pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 00:01:13 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Manchester United travel to Chelsea under Michael Carrick, Leeds’ impressive young goalkeeper has another tough evening ahead and Newcastle have decisions to make
“Why are you playing Fred?” That’s the question Roy Keane wanted to ask while pinning Ole Gunnar Solskjær against a dressing room wall, and maybe Solskjær would have struggled to answer. But apparently Michael Carrick knows what Fred does well because the Brazilian was one of Manchester United’s best players in their midweek win at Villarreal, contributing intelligently to both of United’s goals and covering the left-hand side when in defensive mode. The question now is whether he will start against Chelsea, where containing Reece James should be an important part of the visitors’ game plan. Carrick also found uses for Donny van de Beek and Jadon Sancho when it had previously seemed United signed both without knowing why. Starting Sancho on the right may be the best way of exploiting the absence of Ben Chilwell. PD
Chelsea v Manchester United, Sunday 4.30pm (all times GMT)
Arsenal v Newcastle, Saturday 12.30pm
Liverpool v Southampton, Saturday 3pm
Manchester City v West Ham, Sunday 2pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 20:07:22 +0000: Mura stun Tottenham with late Europa Conference winner after Sessegnon red - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
- Mura 2-1 Tottenham
- Kane’s equaliser in vain with Conte suffering first defeat
Antonio Conte says he is not a “magician” and now understands the size of the job on his hands at Tottenham after they suffered one of the most embarrassing nights in their history.
Conte watched on as his 10-man side were beaten 2-1 by Slovenian minnows NS Mura, the lowest-ranked team in the Europa Conference League who had lost all four of their previous games.Continue reading...
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 11:43:03 +0000: Investigating the new manager bounce in the Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Fans hope that a change of manager will give their team a lift, but do the results bear that out?
Twelve games into the Premier League season and six clubs have already changed managers. Ole Gunnar Solskjær became the latest to pay for his side’s poor form after Manchester United’s 4-1 loss at Watford forced the board to act. United fans will have been sad to see the back of the club hero, but a run of five defeats from seven in the league – their sole win in that streak ultimately cost Nuno Espírito Santo his job at Tottenham – was not good enough. In all, Watford, Newcastle, Spurs, Norwich, Aston Villa and United have already pulled the trigger on managers this season.
There have already been more managerial changes this season than there were in the entirety of last season. when just four managers lost their jobs in the Premier League. Perhaps clubs were reluctant to pay off managers while playing behind closed doors and missing out on matchday revenue – or maybe the lack of angry fans complaining in the stands helped managers survive for longer.Continue reading...
- Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:08:06 +0000: Tottenham announce £80.2m pre-tax loss as debt climbs to £706m - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
- Chairman Daniel Levy points to impact of pandemic
- He wants to see improved recruitment, coaching and fitness
Tottenham have announced pre-tax losses of £80.2m for the financial year ending June 2021, with total debts increasing from £605m to £706m.
The club said the past two financial years had been “significantly affected by the Covid-19 pandemic” and had resulted in pre-tax losses of nearly £150m for the period. Games being played behind closed doors meant match receipts were down to £1.9m from £94.5m in 2020.Continue reading...
The Archives for Spurs have been compiled below:
- Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:37:21 +0000: Burnley v Tottenham called off because of snow from Storm Arwen - BBC Sport
Burnley's Premier League match against Tottenham at Turf Moor is postponed 50 minutes before kick-off because of snow.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:26:55 +0000: The Football News Show: Tottenham's January transfer window is 'all important' - BBC Sport
BBC reporter Nesta McGregor tells The Football News Show that Tottenham's activity in the January transfer window will be "all important".
- Thu, 25 Nov 2021 21:47:51 +0000: NS Mura 2-1 Tottenham: Ten-man Spurs embarrassed in Slovenia - BBC Sport
A much-changed Tottenham side endure a horror evening in Slovenia as they are embarrassed by NS Mura to leave their hopes of making the Europa Conference League last 16 hanging by a thread.
- Wed, 24 Nov 2021 11:56:51 +0000: Tottenham: Cristian Romero hamstring injury 'a bit serious' - BBC Sport
Tottenham manager Antonio Conte says defender Cristian Romero needs another scan on a hamstring problem.
- Tue, 23 Nov 2021 06:05:51 +0000: Match of the Day Top 10: Why didn't Michael Carrick play more times for England? - BBC Sport
Match of the Day Top 10's Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Micah Richards discuss why midfielder Michael Carrick didn't win more caps for England as they chart their unsung heroes.