Tottenham Hotspur Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:48:46 +0000: Caution! Stalled government ahead | Brief letters - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Alan Gilzean | Eldorado at the BBC | Motorway speeds | Morris Minors | Fake news
Rumour has it that the only reason Alan Gilzean (Obituary, 12 July) stayed with Tottenham Hotspur after Jimmy Greaves left was that with the advent of substitutions, the Spurs manager agreed he would substitute him 15 minutes before full time. This enabled Alan to leave White Hart Lane before the crowds and get to his local in Winchmore Hill at opening time.
• Sam Wollaston misses the point of Eldorado (Costa del LOL, G2, 9 July). It was launched to take the place of thrice-weekly Wogan and contribute a large proportion of the 25% of non-news programming that had to be made by independent producers. Its per episode budget was fine but its management by committee was not.Continue reading...
Head of independents planning unit, BBC, 1991-93
- Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:31:30 +0000: Kieran Trippier offered freedom of Bury after World Cup success - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Footballer became third England player ever to score in semi-finals with free-kick goal
England player Kieran Trippier is to be awarded the freedom of his home town of Bury after his stellar World Cup performance.
The 27-year-old defender became only the third England player to score in a World Cup semi-final when his free-kick put Gareth Southgate’s men 1-0 up against Croatia on Wednesday.
Last night hurt and will for a while but we must take positives from the last few weeks and look forward to the future.What a great set of @England teammates and staff, it's been a journey we can be proud of. Thank you to all the fans out here and back home for your support pic.twitter.com/Aw43gMvg4KContinue reading...
- Mon, 09 Jul 2018 12:21:00 +0000: Alan Gilzean obituary - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Dundee, Tottenham and Scotland footballer who formed an outstanding partnership with Jimmy Greaves at Spurs
Alan Gilzean, who has died aged 79, once claimed he did not like football, never watched it and would not miss it when his career was over. It was, said this enigmatic Scot, just a job: “Something I’m good at.” And so he was, first as a member of Dundee’s 1961-62 Scottish First Division title-winning team, then as a striker for Tottenham Hotspur, for whom he was part of the FA Cup-winning team of 1967 and, later, the great Spurs side which in successive seasons between 1971 and 1973 won two League Cups and a Uefa Cup.
Along with that he was capped 22 times for Scotland. Jimmy Greaves, with whom he established the first of two outstanding striking partnerships at Tottenham Hotspur, described him as “possibly the best footballer I’ve ever played with”.Continue reading...
- Sat, 07 Jul 2018 07:00:23 +0000: Six things you may not know about Harry Kane | Simon Burnton - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
The lowdown on England’s captain and World Cup Golden Boot contenderContinue reading...
- Fri, 29 Jun 2018 21:30:53 +0000: Colombia’s Davinson Sánchez ready for battle with Spurs clubmate Harry Kane - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
• Tottenham players in regular contact on WhatsApp
• Sánchez: ‘If I play against him, I’ll try to stop him’
The Tottenham Hotspur player WhatsApp group has taken a global twist. The club have 12 on World Cup duty, representing six nations and, whenever one of them or their teams do well, the messages and encouragement follow.
The tone of some of the exchanges may be different in the coming days or perhaps radio silence will descend out of necessity. Davinson Sánchez is the lone Spur in the Colombia squad and he has begun to prepare for Tuesday’s last-16 match with England.Continue reading...
The Archives for Spurs have been compiled below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:18:21 +0000: Son to have surgery on fractured arm - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Tottenham forward Son Heung-min could miss the start of the new season after fracturing his arm in South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Qatar.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:23:33 +0000: Mabbutt returns home after heart surgery - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Former Tottenham captain Gary Mabbutt returns home from hospital after undergoing heart surgery.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 15:21:50 +0000: Modric zai bayar da shaida kan zargin cin hanci - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Ana sa ran dan kwallon Real Madrid, Luka Modric, da na Liverpool Dejan Lovren za su bayar da shaida kan zargin cin hanci a Croatia.