Tottenham Hotspur Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 19 Jan 2019 09:00:12 +0000: Fulham v Tottenham: match preview - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Tottenham’s first test to survive following Son Heung-min leaving for the Asian Cup and Harry Kane suffering an ankle injury is a trip to Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s side are five points from safety and will feel hope that they can salvage something. Ryan Babel making his Premier League return after eight years could help their cause. Érik Lamela and Fernando Llorente are solid replacements for Kane and Son though and should test Fulham’s improving but still imperfect defence. Graham Searles
Sunday 4pm SSPLContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:30:01 +0000: Mauricio Pochettino considers false nine role for Dele Alli at Fulham - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
• Tottenham look for striking solutions after Harry Kane injury
• Academy product Kazaiah Sterling could take place on bench
Mauricio Pochettino has said he could use Dele Alli as a false nine at Fulham on Sunday, as he wrestles with the dilemma of how to replace the injured Harry Kane and the absent Son Heung-min. The Tottenham manager stressed that Fernando Llorente was also in his thoughts for the lead striker role, even though the Spaniard has started only one Premier League game in his 18 months at the club.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:21:57 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
Who will Pochettino turn to up front? Will Lindelöf banish bad memories of Brighton? And should Sarri start Giroud?
If Mauricio Pochettino could have picked one Premier League team to start playing against without his top scorer and his most in-form attacker, then he would surely have plumped for Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s defensively chaotic side are the perfect opponents in a far-from-ideal scenario for Tottenham, who must learn to cope without Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. It will still be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino tries to overcome those losses. Perhaps he will ask Dele Alli or Lucas Moura to play as a shifty striker or maybe he’ll deploy Fernando Llorente, a more conventional centre-forward who netted a hat-trick in the recent annihilation of Tranmere Rovers? Or the manager might even push his faith in youth to an unprecedented extreme by giving a start to the highly promising 16-year-old Irish striker Troy Parrott, who has yet to appear for the senior team? Whatever the manager opts for, Spurs can be confident of victory given that Fulham have been so hapless this season that they even managed to concede two goals last week despite restricting Burnley to no shots on target. PDContinue reading...
- Thu, 17 Jan 2019 10:09:38 +0000: Tottenham’s Mousa Dembélé joins Guangzhou R&F for £11m - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
• Belgian leaves Spurs after six and a half years at the club
• Pochettino called him ‘a genius’ and he will be missed by fans
Tottenham have confirmed the £11m departure of Mousa Dembélé – a player that the manager, Mauricio Pochettino, describes as a “genius” and one the club’s supporters held dear during his six and a half years with them – to Guangzhou R&F in the Chinese Super League.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 17:23:07 +0000: Tottenham lose Harry Kane until March due to ankle ligament injury - Tottenham Hotspur | The Guardian
• Striker sustained injury in defeat by Manchester United
• He will miss games against Chelsea and Borussia Dortmund
Tottenham Hotspur’s worst fears have been realised after a scan on Harry Kane’s left ankle confirmed he sustained ligament damage during the defeat by Manchester United. The England captain is not expected even to resume training until early March.
The striker had hobbled away from Wembley on Sunday after hurting the joint in a challenge with Phil Jones towards the end of the 1-0 loss and, while he had initially conceded he would miss at least a month in rehabilitation, medical tests on the ankle suggest his absence will extend further.Continue reading...
The Archives for Spurs have been compiled below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 15:18:21 +0000: Son to have surgery on fractured arm - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Tottenham forward Son Heung-min could miss the start of the new season after fracturing his arm in South Korea's World Cup qualifier against Qatar.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Mon, 12 Jun 2017 20:23:33 +0000: Mabbutt returns home after heart surgery - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Former Tottenham captain Gary Mabbutt returns home from hospital after undergoing heart surgery.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 15:21:50 +0000: Modric zai bayar da shaida kan zargin cin hanci - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Tottenham Hotspur | BBC
Ana sa ran dan kwallon Real Madrid, Luka Modric, da na Liverpool Dejan Lovren za su bayar da shaida kan zargin cin hanci a Croatia.