Swansea City Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 08:25:42 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Swansea in for Atlético's Gameiro and Gaitán? - Swansea City | The Guardian
Today’s whispers are feeling brand new
The Mill has always been a fan of footballers who smoke. We can still clearly remember the thrill of seeing Sinisa Mihajlovic sparking up around the back of Selhurst Park after playing for Internazionale in a friendly against Crystal Palace way back in the hazy summer of 2005.Continue reading...
Sadly, if you’ll forgive the terrible pun, they’re a dying breed these days. Paul Bettany-lookalike Jérémy Mathieu didn’t last long at Barcelona after admitting he was a 20-a-day man, while Jack Wilshere’s penchant for being photographed fag in hand was never well received by Arsène Wenger.
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:52:47 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Swansea City | The Guardian
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll and Sam Allardyce needs a result
Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly put them off the pursuit of Alexis Sánchez, whom they courted in the summer. Perhaps they believe he is set upon a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. Maybe they feel they cannot compete with the financial package Manchester United could offer. Possibly they deem the costs excessive. Yet, if that avenue is blocked, and with Crystal Palace unlikely to entertain offers for Christian Benteke, there remains the possibility Chelsea will explore Andy Carroll’s availability. Antonio Conte had hoped to secure a targetman over the summer and is apparently an admirer of Carroll, for all the 29-year-old’s patchy injury record. Such a move would once have seemed outlandish. Yet times may have changed. Dominic FifieldContinue reading...
- Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:26:24 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Swansea City | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jan 2018 17:25:36 +0000: Joselu denies Swansea victory but Shelvey’s insolence alarms Newcastle - Swansea City | The Guardian
As Rafael Benítez and Carlos Carvalhal shook hands at the end, neither man could quite disguise their disappointment.
A hard-fought point is all very well but Carvalhal’s Swansea City stay bottom. As for Newcastle, they remain far too close to the relegation zone for comfort, have gone seven home Premier League games without a win and are far from ruthless in front of goal. Benítez is doing a fine job in testing circumstances but Mike Ashley’s transfer window parsimony threatens to undo much good work.Continue reading...
- Fri, 12 Jan 2018 17:10:52 +0000: Newcastle United v Swansea City: match preview - Swansea City | The Guardian
Rafael Benítez is still in the dark about his January transfer budget and does not sound tremendously optimistic about the prospect of actually signing any players this month. Throw in mounting uncertainties about Newcastle’s mooted takeover and Benítez looks to have almost as many problems as Swansea’s Carlos Carvalhal before a relegation six-pointer both managers could desperately do with winning. Potentially key sub-plots include Jonjo Shelvey’s performance against the club he left amid talk of dressing room disruption in south Wales. Louise Taylor
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.