Swansea City Latest News
- Tue, 13 Apr 2021 21:55:58 +0000: EFL roundup: Swansea up to third after victory against Sheffield Wednesday - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Lowe and Fulton goals put Swans seven points behind Watford
- Rotherham’s survival hopes boosted by 3-1 win over QPR
Swansea manager Steve Cooper praised his side’s mentality after Tuesday’s 2-0 Championship win at Sheffield Wednesday which lifted them to third in the table, seven points behind second-placed Watford. Jamal Lowe scored his third goal in two games as he broke the deadlock in the 31st minute, turning in a pass from André Ayew. Cooper brought on Connor Roberts in the 73rd minute and less than a minute later he crossed for Jay Fulton to power in the Swans’ second goal.Continue reading...
- Thu, 08 Apr 2021 21:16:12 +0000: Rangers join Swansea’s social media boycott over online abuse - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Swansea players and staff will not use social media for a week
- Rangers and Birmingham suspend their platforms too
Rangers became the latest club to join a social media boycott led by Swansea City as football turned up the heat on Facebook and Twitter in the fight against online abuse. Championship clubs are pushing for English Football League teams to adopt a powerful collective approach to tackle discrimination following Swansea’s decision to announce the club, all their players and their staff would shun all social media for a week.
In a groundbreaking move, Swansea announced that from 5pm on Thursday their first-team and academy players would not post any content on social media for seven days and the club would not post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube or TikTok. Rangers have followed suit, saying they are concerned by the “daily racist abuse” their players suffer, and Birmingham said they would not publish any content on their platforms for a week.Continue reading...
- Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:36:17 +0000: Championship roundup: Warnock says Watford will walk promotion after Boro draw - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Hornets claim a point after conceding late goal from Bolasie
- Wycombe boost slim survival hopes with win over Rotherham
Neil Warnock tipped Watford to join Norwich in the Premier League next season after watching his Middlesbrough side claim a point in their lunchtime Championship clash at the Riverside Stadium.
League One leaders Hull extended their advantage to three points with a 3-0 home win over Northampton as promotion rivals Peterborough and Sunderland drew 1-1 at London Road.
Tranmere earned a draw at home to League Two leaders Cambridge, a point that moves them into the top three after Bolton's 14-game unbeaten run was ended by Newport County.Continue reading...
- Thu, 01 Apr 2021 18:00:46 +0000: 'It's nip and tuck': the Championship's final wild dash for promotion - Swansea City | The Guardian
Norwich have emerged to lead the pack but Swansea, Watford and Brentford will still fancy their chances of a top-two finish
And so we reach the final chapter. The league season might by general consensus be a marathon not a sprint, but this is no time for pacing yourself: what stands in front of the Championship’s promotion hopefuls is several weeks of full-throttle acceleration, a wild dash to breast the finishing tape.
“We’re going into the vital end of the season,” says Steve Cooper, the Swansea manager. “OK, there are still three points a game but it feels like there’s more on it than there has been in previous phases of the season. We’ve got to embrace the challenge. It’s all about grabbing the opportunity with both hands, making the most of it and trying not to have any regrets.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Mar 2021 00:03:38 +0000: Championship roundup: Swansea lose ground after 3-0 defeat at Bournemouth - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Watford beat Rotherham 4-1 to go three points clear of Swans
- Derby snatch 2-2 draw with promotion-chasing Brentford
Swansea manager Steve Cooper lamented his side’s poor defending after their automatic promotion hopes suffered a setback following a 3-0 defeat at Bournemouth.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Tue, 13 Apr 2021 20:29:27 +0000: Ben Cabango: Swansea City defender must learn after Covid breach, says Steve Cooper - BBC Sport
Steve Cooper says Ben Cabango must become a "better professional" after the defender breached Swansea City's Covid-19 protocols.
- Tue, 13 Apr 2021 18:57:38 +0000: Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Swansea City: Jamal Lowe and Jay Fulton condemn Owls to defeat - BBC Sport
Swansea City cut the gap to the automatic promotion places as Sheffield Wednesday suffer another heavy blow in their bid to avoid relegation.
- Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:13:54 +0000: Prince Philip: Welsh sports fixtures moved on Saturday for royal funeral - BBC Sport
Newport County and Wrexham's games on Saturday are brought forward to 12:30 BST to avoid clashing with the funeral of Prince Philip.
- Sat, 10 Apr 2021 13:31:52 +0000: Millwall 0-3 Swansea City: Jamal Lowe brace helps Swans halt losing run - BBC Sport
Jamal Lowe scores twice as Swansea end a run of four successive defeats with a 3-0 win at Millwall.
- Thu, 08 Apr 2021 16:28:27 +0000: Jamal Lowe: Players have 'had enough' of social media abuse - BBC Sport
Swansea City's Jamal Lowe says players will eventually come off all forms of social media unless something is done to tackle online abuse.