Swansea City Latest News
- Fri, 22 Jan 2021 00:01:48 +0000: FA Cup fourth round: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Swansea City | The Guardian
Liverpool meet Man Utd once again, Chorley need ‘a miracle’ against Wolves and Luton could hurt Lampard
Last season’s fifth-round exit at the hands of Chelsea represented the furthest a Jürgen Klopp team had progressed in the FA Cup. He has been in England for more than five years but his attitude to the world’s oldest competition remains enigmatic at best, dismissive at worst. The biorhythms of a German season, including its winter break, continue to beat within him. Klopp has habitually blooded youngsters in the Cup, plus hardy perennials like James Milner. Last season, particularly in the third-round win at Everton, Curtis Jones announced his credentials and is likely to be granted a leading role at Old Trafford. Ole Gunnar Solskjær is more of an FA Cup traditionalist and can be expected to select a stronger team; his squad has been far less riven by injuries and fatigue than the opponent they drew 0-0 with last Sunday. United’s manager has fourth-round history with Liverpool; he scored a late 1999 winner that preluded future super-sub heroics but the time when these great rivals would throw the kitchen sink at each other in the Cup’s early rounds is sadly long passed. JB
Manchester United v Liverpool, Sunday 5pm (all times GMT)
Chorley v Wolves, Friday 7.45pm
Burnley v Bournemouth or Crawley
Manchester United v West Ham
Sheffield United v Bristol City
Wolves v Southampton
Barnsley v Chelsea
Everton v Wycombe or Tottenham
Swansea v Manchester City
Leicester v Brighton
Chelsea v Luton, Sunday 12pm
Everton v Sheffield Wednesday, Sunday 8pm
Southampton v Arsenal, Saturday 12.15pm
Cheltenham v Manchester City, Saturday 5.30pm
Sheffield United v Plymouth, Saturday 3pm
Brentford v Leicester, Sunday 2.30pm
Swansea City v Nottingham Forest, Saturday 3pm
Wycombe v Tottenham, Monday 7.45pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:00:33 +0000: Championship at halfway: miracles at Swansea and a Rooney-led revival - Swansea City | The Guardian
Norwich are top but have not hit full tilt and Neil Warnock is targeting a remarkable ninth promotion with Middlesbrough
Things could soon get snug at the summit but, for now, leaders Norwich have a four-point advantage over Swansea, where Steve Cooper continues to work minor miracles. For Daniel Farke the good news is that in 11 of the past 12 seasons, the team top at Christmas have clinched promotion. The bad news? For their rivals, it is that they are not yet at full tilt. Norwich have the same manager and almost an identical team to the one that secured this crown two years ago – the Tottenham loanee Oliver Skipp has slotted into midfield – but it is largely a tried and trusted formula; Tim Krul in goal, Max Aarons marauding into the box, Emi Buendía pulling off preposterous passes, and Teemu Pukki putting the ball in the net.Continue reading...
- Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:45:47 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich will not sell Emi Buendía, says Daniel Farke - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Buendía scores as Norwich seal first win in three
- Lowe scores twice as Swansea beat Watford
The Norwich manager, Daniel Farke, has insisted Emi Buendía will be staying at club after watching him produce another brilliant winner to see off Barnsley 1-0 at Carrow Road.
The Argentinian playmaker settled the game in memorable fashion just past the hour when he volleyed home a deep lofted pass, his sublime first touch leaving Jack Walton with no chance.
The return of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink as manager could not inspire bottom club Burton, who slipped to a 5-1 home defeat against Oxford. Matt Taylor and two Olamide Shodipo goals put the visitors out of sight, despite Kane Hemmings' consolation, before the break, with Josh Ruffels adding a fourth and fifth in the second half.
Carlisle made the most of previous leaders Newport County’s frozen pitch to move into top spot after beating Walsall 2-0. Omari Patrick fired the opener into the roof of the net, with Joshua Kayode putting the result beyond doubt.Continue reading...
- Wed, 30 Dec 2020 22:40:19 +0000: Championship: Swansea to investigate fans as players taking knee are booed - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Boos and jeers came from outside the Liberty Stadium
- Brentford come from behind to move into promotion places
Swansea are set to launch an investigation after their goalless draw with Reading was marred by booing and jeering outside the Liberty Stadium as both teams took the knee before kick-off.
The Welsh side will aim to get to the bottom of the issue after it happened for their second successive home game. As both sides took the knee before kick-off in support of anti-racism causes, a loud series of horns and booing noises was heard from a group gathered outside the ground. It is unclear who the group were or what their motives were.Continue reading...
- Sat, 19 Dec 2020 18:20:30 +0000: Championship roundup: Emi Buendía helps Norwich stretch lead at top - Swansea City | The Guardian
- 2-0 win against Cardiff boosts lead to five points
- Second-placed Bournemouth can only draw at Luton
Norwich stretched their lead at the top of the Championship to five points with a comfortable 2-0 victory over Cardiff.
Well-taken goals from Emi Buendía – his fifth in seven games – and Todd Cantwell took Daniel Farke’s in-form side further clear of second-placed Bournemouth, who could only draw 0-0 at Luton. Danny Hylton had the best chance of the game for the Hatters, but the goalkeeper Asmir Begovic palmed his shot to safety.
League One roundup
League Two roundupContinue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:17:43 +0000: Jordan Morris: Steve Cooper excited by USA forward ahead of his Swansea City debut - BBC Sport
Steve Cooper says Jordan Morris has the pedigree to shine in English football as the USA international prepares for his Swansea City debut.
- Sat, 23 Jan 2021 20:30:50 +0000: FA Cup fourth-round predictions - Lawro v Radio 1 DJ Jordan North - BBC Sport
BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson takes on Radio 1 DJ and Burnley fan Jordan North to make predictions for this weekend's FA Cup fourth-round ties.
- Sat, 23 Jan 2021 19:35:09 +0000: Swansea City 5-1 Nottingham Forest: Swans cruise into FA Cup last 16 - BBC Sport
Liam Cullen and Matt Grimes claim two goals each as Swansea book an FA Cup fifth round tie against Manchester City by thrashing Nottingham Forest.
- Sat, 23 Jan 2021 18:03:16 +0000: FA Cup: Swansea City 5-1 Nottingham Forest highlights - BBC Sport
Watch highlights as Matt Grimes scores a stunning goal in Swansea City's FA Cup fourth round rout of Nottingham Forest.
- Sat, 23 Jan 2021 18:02:44 +0000: Portsmouth: George Byers joins on loan from Swansea - BBC Sport
Swansea midfielder George Byers joins Kenny Jackett's promotion-chasing Portsmouth on loan for the rest of the season.