Swansea City Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Sun, 19 Nov 2017 21:16:30 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Swansea City | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:20:58 +0000: Jack Cork and Ashley Barnes on target as Burnley ease past Swansea City - Swansea City | The Guardian
These are historic times for a historic club and miserable ones for what had been a modern-day success story.
Burnley have now recorded a first hat-trick of top-flight wins since 1975 and are still level on points with Liverpool and Arsenal. In contrast, Swansea remain rooted in the relegation zone after a fifth successive defeat. Their American co-owner Steve Kaplan witnessed a wretched display, soundtracked by the 680 travelling fans calling for the chairman, Huw Jenkins, to go. While the manager Paul Clement’s job is not thought to be under immediate threat, too many more such performances will surely change that.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:02:57 +0000: Burnley v Swansea City: match preview - Swansea City | The Guardian
Only Manchester City have managed to beat Burnley in their past nine league games, a run of results that has taken the Clarets to within goal difference of the top six. That sort of form has brought Sean Dyche to the nation’s attention and ought to be enough to see off struggling Swansea, though the Welsh side have to be looking to take points from Burnley and should have Renato Sanches and Wilfried Bony back after injury. Paul Wilson
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:08:24 +0000: Premier League health check: the overachievers and underperformers | Paul Wilson - Swansea City | The Guardian
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour
They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tell you is that during the dog days of an international break, when nothing falls or rises and hopes and fears are put on temporary hold, the narrative becomes a bit less compelling.
You get sick of looking at the same thing, in other words, although Burnley, Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield will probably never tire of waiting for winter and the real meat of the season from a position in the top half of the table. As far as the first third of the season goes, some of those clubs are among the big winners, simply for delighting their fans by doing better than expected.Continue reading...
- Wed, 08 Nov 2017 12:08:47 +0000: Premier League: biggest hits and misses from the summer transfer window - Swansea City | The Guardian
From a bargain triumph at Brighton to a costly success at Manchester City, and from a struggling £25m Leicester striker to an unseen defender at Southampton, we assess how last summer’s transfer business looks so far
Pascal Gross (Ingolstadt to Brighton, £2.6m)Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.