Swansea City Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:44:03 +0000: Sheffield United have £15m bid for Oli McBurnie turned down by Swansea - Swansea City | The Guardian
• Swansea want to keep hold of McBurnie after selling James
• Bid of £3m for Forest midfielder Ben Osborn also rebuffed
Sheffield United have had an opening bid of £15m for the Swansea City striker Oli McBurnie rejected, with the Championship club determined to keep hold of their talisman. The Sheffield United manager, Chris Wilder, has identified McBurnie as his primary transfer target this summer as he prepares to bolster his squad following promotion to the Premier League.Continue reading...
- Tue, 18 Jun 2019 22:15:00 +0000: ‘It’s a perfect fit’ – Steve Cooper intent to be successful the Swansea way - Swansea City | The Guardian
Former England Under-17s coach talks about the challenge of managing senior players for the first time, his football philosophy and his father being a Cardiff City fan
Steve Cooper has been coaching for a couple of decades, held the pro licence since the age of 26, worked at Liverpool as their academy manager and won the World Cup with England Under-17s, yet the Welshman knew there was something missing from his CV when he applied for the Swansea job and met Trevor Birch, the chairman. For all his achievements Cooper has next to no experience of working with senior players.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Wed, 12 Jun 2019 15:20:00 +0000: Daniel James’s exceptional pace will benefit United, says Solskjær - Swansea City | The Guardian
• United confirm signing of 21-year-old on five-year deal
• James says it is ‘perfect club’ to continue his development
Ole Gunnar Solskjær has said Daniel James’ “exceptional pace and work ethic” was one of the reasons Manchester United wanted to sign the 21-year-old from Swansea.Continue reading...
- Tue, 11 Jun 2019 09:00:36 +0000: Daniel James joins Manchester United a huge prospect but with work to do - Swansea City | The Guardian
Flying forward was devastated when a move to Leeds collapsed but a remarkable FA Cup goal for Swansea changed everything
Graham Potter is not the sort to get carried away but as the questions about Daniel James kept coming, and the realisation that everyone had witnessed something special started to sink in, even Swansea’s manager was sounding like an excited supporter. “There were a few instances, not just the goal,” said Potter, smiling, almost laughing, “and it’s just off-your-seat stuff, like ‘wow’.”
It was February, FA Cup fifth-round day, and the best way to describe James that afternoon is unplayable. Three Brentford players were booked for bringing him down and Ezri Konsa received a red card for a professional foul on the Wales international, who was involved in three of Swansea’s four goals. Including that goal: 84yds covered in 8.48sec, with a ball at his feet, and three Brentford players trying, and desperately failing, to keep up.Continue reading...
- Mon, 10 Jun 2019 20:45:33 +0000: Swansea fill managerial vacancy with England Under-17 coach Steve Cooper - Swansea City | The Guardian
• Cooper led under-17s to World Cup win in 2017
• Mike Marsh, a former Liverpool coach, expected as No 2
Steve Cooper is to become Swansea’s manager in a bold move by the Championship club. Cooper, who has never been in charge at first-team level and is the England Under-17 coach, impressed the board during a lengthy interview process and is set to be confirmed as Graham Potter’s replacement within 24 hours.
The 39-year-old will be a surprise choice to many, especially given his lack of experience with senior players, but he has a clear playing philosophy that is in tune with “the Swansea way” that Potter reintroduced last season and was so important to the club when they started the process of identifying a new manager.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.