Swansea City Latest News
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:30:10 +0000: Carabao Cup fourth round draw: West Ham v Man City, Arsenal v Leeds – as it happened - Swansea City | The Guardian
West Ham’s reward for beating Manchester United at Old Trafford is a tie against their neighbours while Preston will host Liverpool
Millwall: Long, Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Cooper, Leonard, Pearce, Thompson, Mahoney, Mitchell, Evans, Bradshaw.
Subs: Smith, Malone, Saville, Bodvarsson, Afobe, Ballard, Bialkowski.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:59:08 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham go top while coaches see red in melee at Stoke - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Forest booed off after defeat to pile pressure on Chris Hughton
- Derby could agree nine-point reduction with EFL
Fulham returned to the top of the Championship with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Birmingham at St Andrew’s.
Marco Silva’s side always looked in charge of the contest and two goals in each half backed up a dominant display. Denis Odoi ended a three-year wait for a league goal as his 10th-minute header put the visitors in front, with Aleksander Mitrovic’s 44th-minute penalty doubling Fulham’s advantage. Impressive debutant Nathaniel Chalobah won the spot-kick, and the deadline-day signing from Watford played a key role in the game’s third goal. The 26-year-old former Chelsea youngster cut open the Blues defence with a delightful pass which was finished off in equally clinical style by Harry Wilson in the 54th minute.Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:56:35 +0000: Going to my first Swansea match in 16 months renewed my appetite for football | Elis James - Swansea City | The Guardian
Ironic cheers mocking the opposition and losing control of all senses for goal celebrations returned effortlessly at the stadium
There was a point during the first lockdown, when I’d daydream about becoming a “yes man”. I’d think to myself: “I got too sucked into the rat race, man. If this thing has taught me anything, it’s that life is about experiences. I’ve spent too much time on my phone. As soon as I’m able to I’ll say yes to that bungee jump. I’ll say yes to that National Trust dry-stone walling course. Life is lived on the margins so I’ll take up kickboxing and enter a dialogue with pain.”
As you can imagine, this nettle‑grasping lasted about 30 seconds into restrictions being lifted (realistically, why would I want to learn a skill that’s mainly relevant in the Peak District or get my head kicked off my body?), but the one thing I have approached with renewed vigour is football.Continue reading...
- Sun, 01 Aug 2021 19:10:16 +0000: Russell Martin leaves MK Dons to become new Swansea City manager - Swansea City | The Guardian
- The former Scotland international signs three-year deal
- ‘He very much fits the profile of a young and hungry coach’
Russell Martin has been appointed Swansea’s new manager on a three-year deal.
The former Scotland international moves to the Liberty Stadium from MK Dons, despite initially rejecting the Swans’ approach. The Championship club – who lost against Brentford in the play-off final last season – refused to give up and will pay around £400,000 compensation for Martin, who replaces Steve Cooper and will be joined by Luke Williams, Matt Gill and Dean Thornton from his coaching staff in Milton Keynes.Continue reading...
- Wed, 21 Jul 2021 14:36:45 +0000: Swansea head coach Steve Cooper leaves club after growing unsettled - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Cooper has led Swansea to play-offs in past two seasons
- He has concerns over direction of Championship club
Steve Cooper has departed Swansea City by mutual consent after growing unsettled. The head coach led Swansea to successive Championship play-off finishes but made clear his concerns over the direction of the club.
The 41-year-old took Swansea to the play-off final last season on a modest budget. The club were keen to offer Cooper, whose deal runs until next summer, a new contract following defeat by Brentford at Wembley but the former England Under-17 manager was reluctant to enter talks. Cooper was of interest to Crystal Palace before the Premier League club appointed Patrick Vieira, and his work at Swansea also attracted attention from Fulham, who appointed Marco Silva.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:18:04 +0000: Russell Martin: Swansea City players can make fans proud of style - BBC Sport
Russell Martin says his players can make Swansea City's fans proud after claiming a first home league victory of his reign against Huddersfield Town.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 15:56:28 +0000: Swansea City 1-0 Huddersfield Town: Joel Piroe gives Russell Martin first home league win - BBC Sport
Swansea City boss Russell Martin claims a first home league victory as Joel Piroe's goal proves enough to see off Huddersfield Town.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:07:26 +0000: Alan Tate: Former Swansea captain joins Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest - BBC Sport
Former Swansea City captain Alan Tate becomes assistant coach to the club's ex-boss Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:07:03 +0000: Saturday's Championship, League One & League Two action as it happened - BBC Sport
Relive Saturday's action in the Championship, League One and League Two as it happened.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 12:00:52 +0000: Rhys Williams: Swansea defender has found week 'tough' after alleged racial abuse - BBC Sport
Rhys Williams has come through a "really tough" week in the wake of alleged racial abuse directed towards him, says Swansea City boss Russell Martin.