Swansea City Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:53:11 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Swansea City | The Guardian
Sean Dyche was worked up about nothing, Mark Hughes hopes life for Stoke will get easier and Ronald Koeman played his last cards to get Everton out of trouble
If Brighton survive this season – and they survived this game thanks to several Newcastle misses and some good goalkeeping – there is every chance we will be talking about the signing of Pascal Gross as a masterstroke. The German midfielder with a picture-perfect delivery has been involved in all of Brighton’s Premier League goals, and was instrumental again at the Amex in the 1-0 win over Newcastle when his free-kick homed in on Dale Stephens, who headed down for Tomer Hemed to finish. The value of an accurate set-piece taker cannot be overlooked in a squad short on goalscorers and one suspects there will be plenty more of those well-rehearsed moves. Ingolstadt were relegated despite Gross creating more chances than any other Bundesliga player; Chris Hughton will hope his creative streak delivers safety for Brighton. Lawrence OstlereContinue reading...
- Sun, 24 Sep 2017 17:38:02 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Swansea City | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:47:32 +0000: Paul Clement takes the blame after late Richarlison winner sinks Swansea - Swansea City | The Guardian
Paul Clement blamed himself for Swansea’s third straight Premier League home defeat against Watford.
The Brazilian youngster Richarlison took Watford briefly into fifth place as his 90th-minute winner gave them victory – the first time the Hornets have won three consecutive away games in the Premier League. It was also Watford’s first league success at Swansea since 1983.Continue reading...
- Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:30:37 +0000: Swansea City v Watford: match preview - Swansea City | The Guardian
Contrasting results for these clubs last weekend, Swansea picked up a point at Wembley and Watford were hammered 6-0 at home by Manchester City. Marco Silva’s side, however, have won both of their away games this season while Swansea are pointless and goalless at home. Paul Clement could decide to give Wilfried Bony his first start since returning and Roque Mesa is also pushing for a starting place. Watford, meanwhile, are still without Sebastian Prödl and Younes Kaboul, both of whom are injured, and the suspended Miguel Britos. Stuart James
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:45:15 +0000: Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham denies he is set to switch allegiance to Nigeria - Swansea City | The Guardian
• Nigeria had claimed striker on loan at Swansea has ‘begun process’ with Fifa
• ‘I remain available for selection for England,’ says 19-year-old
Tammy Abraham has denied reports he is set to switch international allegiances to Nigeria in a bid to play at next year’s World Cup and insisted: “I remain available for selection for England.”
The Chelsea striker, who is on a season-long loan to Swansea, played for England at this summer’s European Under-21 Championship in Poland but remains eligible for Nigeria through his parents.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.