Swansea City Latest News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 22 May 2018 21:36:00 +0000: Graham Potter interviewed for vacant manager’s position at Swansea City - Swansea City | The Guardian
• 43-year-old has made his name at Swedish club Östersund
• Frank De Boer also in running for vacancy at Liberty Stadium
Graham Potter has been interviewed by Swansea City with a view to being appointed their new manager. The 43-year-old, who has enjoyed remarkable success with the Swedish club Östersund, held talks with Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, Swansea’s majority shareholders, and is now the leading contender to take over at the Liberty Stadium.
Frank de Boer and Jaap Stam have also been interviewed for a position that became vacant after Swansea parted company with Carlos Carvalhal on Friday, in the wake of their relegation to the Championship. Although Brentford’s Dean Smith and Bristol City’s Lee Johnson have also come under consideration, neither is believed to be in the running as Swansea move towards appointing their fifth manager in 19 months.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:50:18 +0000: Frank de Boer and Graham Potter lead race to take Swansea manager’s job - Swansea City | The Guardian
• Carlos Carvalhal’s departure confirmed after relegation
• De Boer has been out of work since sacking by Crystal Palace
Graham Potter and Frank de Boer are the leading candidates to take over at Swansea as the Welsh club look to appoint their fifth permanent manager in two years following confirmation that Carlos Carvalhal has departed in the wake of relegation.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:30:16 +0000: Carlos Carvalhal best Swansea City quotes: 'Sardines can become sea bass'– video - Swansea City | The Guardian
Carlos Carvalhal's tenure as Swansea City manager has come to an end after they were relegated from the Premier League. However, the Portuguese manager has always been creative with his words, providing us with some wonderful moments throughout the season. From sea bass to rock 'n' roll, here are Carvalhal's best bits
- Wed, 16 May 2018 08:59:44 +0000: There is more to lament about fallen Swansea than relegation | David Conn - Swansea City | The Guardian
Swansea’s cooperative, supporter-led ownership ideal once admired in the game has also fallen through the trapdoor in resentful circumstances
A wider sadness surrounds Swansea’s relegation from the Premier League after an acrimonious couple of years than just the end of a romantic football flight. The “Swansea way” had more to it than the elegant style of passing football shaped through promotions by the managers Roberto Martínez and Brendan Rodgers.
The cooperative, supporter-led ownership structure of the club was greatly admired and envied through the rise up the divisions but it was fractured by the majority shareholders’ sale in 2016 to the US investors Jason Levien and Stephen Kaplan.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 May 2018 13:07:00 +0000: Premier League 2017-18 review: what we learned tactically from the season | Jonathan Wilson - Swansea City | The Guardian
As the gulf grows between rich and poor clubs so, too, does a culture in which some teams enter games accepting the only way they can compete is by not competing
Tactics are always contingent, never discreet. No manager can ever casually decide how he will play and only then turn to his squad and decide how best to array his resources within the system he has selected, before finally paying attention to the situation and the opposition. Everything is inter‑related. As Barney Ronay observed last week, the Premier League has never seemed so stratified and that, inevitably, has had an impact on how teams play.
As with so much in football, the issue is one of degree. Since Herbert Chapman first recognised the value of counterattacking with Northampton Town in the first decade of the 20th century, there have been sides who sought to make their opposition do the bulk of the attacking.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.