Swansea City Latest News
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 19:04:06 +0000: Football League: Ipswich top League One while Peterborough fan officiates - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Linesman injury means supporter becomes fourth official
- Stoke dent Swansea’s Championship play-off push
Stoke pulled away from the relegation places as Sam Clucas scored against his former club en route to a 2-0 win over Swansea. Clucas powered home 10 minutes into the second half before James McLean sealed the points when he took advantage of some poor defending. Defeat for the visitors saw them miss a chance to rise into the play-off spots.
Stoke 2-0 Swansea
The fact I couldn't walk over a small wall probably was why they didn't trust me in the end. https://t.co/hPcdLcKtXg
Bristol Rovers 0-0 Fleetwood, Burton 1-1 Accrington, Ipswich 1-0 Lincoln City, Peterborough 2-1 Rotherham, Rochdale 2-2 Gillingham
Carlisle 2-1 Walsall, Crawley 3-2 Grimsby, Exeter 0-0 Colchester, Leyton Orient 2-1 Newport, Macclesfield 2-1 Forest Green, Mansfield 3-0 Bradford, Morecambe 1-1 Cambridge, Salford 1-1 Oldham, Scunthorpe 2-2 Crewe, Stevenage 1-2 Plymouth, Swindon 3-0 Port ValeContinue reading...
- Tue, 14 Jan 2020 15:36:15 +0000: Tottenham loan Jack Clarke to QPR as Chelsea's Gallagher joins Swansea - Swansea City | The Guardian
• Spurs move player who had limited opportunities at Leeds
• Conor Gallagher moves on loan to Swansea from Chelsea
Jack Clarke is putting the finishing touches to a loan move to Queens Park Rangers for the remainder of the season. The Tottenham winger spent the first half of the campaign on a loan‑back deal at Leeds – from where Spurs signed him last summer for an initial fee of around £10m.Continue reading...
- Sun, 12 Jan 2020 14:05:26 +0000: Anger over use of facial recognition at south Wales football derby - Swansea City | The Guardian
Protest held before Cardiff v Swansea as fans say technology is taking away their rights
Football supporters and civil rights activists have expressed anger and concern over the use of facial recognition technology for a derby match in south Wales.
Two surveillance vans equipped with the controversial technology were seen patrolling around Cardiff City’s stadium before the club’s game against Swansea City on Sunday. Some fans donned masks, wore sunglasses and hoods, or wrapped scarves around their faces to disguise their appearances.
What is facial recognition?Continue reading...
- Tue, 07 Jan 2020 20:06:03 +0000: Liverpool’s Rhian Brewster completes loan move to Swansea - Swansea City | The Guardian
• 19-year-old wants to get Swansea ‘back where they belong’
• Fulham convert Ivan Cavaleiro’s loan from Wolves into full deal
The Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster has joined Swansea on loan for the remainder of the season. The 19-year-old is highly regarded at Anfield but has found first-team opportunities hard to come by as Liverpool’s established attackers continue to shine.
Brewster, who came through the youth ranks at Chelsea before moving north, made his first Liverpool appearance in the Carabao Cup third-round win at MK Dons earlier this season and then scored a penalty in the shootout victory against Arsenal in the following round. He most recently came on 11 minutes from the end of Sunday’s FA Cup win against Everton.Continue reading...
- Tue, 07 Jan 2020 18:06:37 +0000: Swansea fans facing bizarre 200-mile round trip ahead of south Wales derby - Swansea City | The Guardian
- Travel restrictions in place for game at Cardiff City Stadium
- Swansea fans living in Cardiff have to first go to Swansea
A number of Swansea City supporters are facing the prospect of having to make a bizarre and, for them, frustrating 200-mile round trip from Cardiff to Swansea in order to attend Sunday’s south Wales derby.
As is tradition, police have deemed the Championship encounter a high-risk fixture and, as such, enfored travel restrictions on away supporters. When Swansea and Cardiff were both in the Premier League, during the 2013-14 season, that meant all away fans having to use designated coaches that departed from the stadium of the club they support in order to get to the one belonging to their rivals. Those restrictions have been relaxed this season but only to the extent that about 100 away fans can travel to the game independently, and for Sunday’s meeting at the Cardiff City Stadium demand for a so-called direct travel ticket has significantly outstripped supply.Continue reading...
The Swansea Football Club News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 16:13:54 +0000: Britton signs improved Swansea contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Midfielder Leon Britton signs an improved one-year deal with Swansea City, with an option for another year.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:43:20 +0000: Swansea striker Gomis joins Galatasaray - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Turkish side Galatasaray sign striker Bafetimbi Gomis from Swansea City for an undisclosed fee.
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:59:28 +0000: Swansea close in on £10m midfielder Mesa - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are in advanced talks to sign Spanish defensive midfielder Roque Mesa for more than £10m from Las Palmas.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:46:11 +0000: Swans to sign Chelsea's Abraham on loan - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City are to sign striker Tammy Abraham on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:01:12 +0000: Swans at Southampton for season opener - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Swansea City | BBC
Swansea City's 2017-18 Premier League campaign starts at Southampton on Saturday, 12 August.