The Latest Sunderland FC Transfer News
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 15:07:19 +0000: Alternative Premier League - 20 teams with the biggest stadium capacities in English football - Sunderland
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:23:36 +0000: Sunderland outcast Papy Djilobodji reveals Premier League offer - Sunderland
- Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:45:00 +0000: Footballers who hate their rivals and love winding them up, such as Griffiths and Rangers - Sunderland
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 19:13:59 +0000: Pointless Crystal Palace: the worst starts to Premier League seasons and what happened next - Sunderland
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:05:00 +0000: Championship round-up: Leeds stay top and Sunderland slump to defeat - Sunderland
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
Sunderland manager Martin O`Neill has said he would love to improve his squad this summer with a number of players as the Black Cats found themselves not having the best season last time round. The manager has many potential targets to bring up north and is working around the clock to reinforce his squad so he can ensure their survival in the English top flight next season.
The first departure from the club this summer is Michael Liddle who has just been taken on board at Accrington Stanley on a one year deal after he impressed Paul Cook whilst he was on loan at the club last season. Cook feels the player will be a great asset to his up and coming Stanley side and hopes the player may stay longer than the year deal they have just put in place.
Sunderland are currently leading the chase for talented Blackburn midfielder Steven N`Zonzi after the player openly stated last week that he had no intention of playing in the championship next season and wishes to return to the premier league with any team. This has put O`Neill on high alert as he has long been an admirer of the player and will do all he can to bring N`Zonzi to the Stadium Of Light for the start of next season.
Another player who will not be lining up at the Stadium Of Light next year is forward Jordan Cook who has just signed a deal with Charlton after enduring a nightmare period at Sunderland. The player has been out of favour for some time now and it seemed ever likely that he was no longer in Martin O`Neill`s plans and thus he has made his way from Tyneside for pastures new.
Asamoah Gyan is another player who has finally left Sunderland on a permanent deal after the player had been on a season long loan at Al Ain. The player has now made a permanent switch to the middle easten club in a four year deal as he was fearful of not having enough time on the pitch for his parent club so the deal was the best option for him as they have promised him football week in week out.