Sunderland Latest Football Team News for the 2017 – 2018 Season
- Wed, 23 May 2018 19:55:41 +0000: Relegated Sunderland poised to appoint St Mirren’s Jack Ross as manager - Sunderland | The Guardian
• ‘We’ve agreed terms with our man,’ says owner Stewart Donald
• St Mirren chairman alleges Sunderland went behind their backs
Jack Ross is set to become Sunderland’s manager, with confirmation of his move south from St Mirren expected by Thursday evening.Continue reading...
- Mon, 21 May 2018 18:22:20 +0000: New Sunderland owner says sacked Chris Coleman could return to club - Sunderland | The Guardian
• Stewart Donald confirms takeover and that club now debt-free
• ‘I wouldn’t rule out potentially talking to Chris’ says Donald
Stewart Donald, the new owner of Sunderland, has raised the startling possibility of Chris Coleman returning as manager after revealing he will pay Ellis Short £40m for the now League One club over the next two years.
The former Eastleigh owner, speaking for the first time since the Football League ratified his takeover, said that all previous debts had been erased and Sunderland would benefit from a “pretty hefty” third tier transfer budget. He then proceeded to refuse to rule out the chance of Coleman making an extraordinary comeback.Continue reading...
- Sun, 20 May 2018 17:07:13 +0000: Sunderland women face uncertain future after divorce process | Louise Taylor - Sunderland | The Guardian
Following a split from their male counterparts’ club, players do not know what division they will play in next season but Sunday’s opponents, Yeovil, have reasons for optimism
Shortly after the final whistle Yeovil Town’s manager stood in the middle of a suddenly near deserted pitch and positively glowed with pride in his club. As Jamie Sherwood outlined the reasons for optimism about the future, a hazy north-east sun suddenly seemed a little brighter.
A couple of minutes earlier and a few yards away Melanie Copeland, Sherwood’s Sunderland counterpart, had also stopped to reflect. She, too, was rightly proud of her team but spoke of “uncertainty,” about things “being up in the air”. There were potential “disappointments” and “clouds” blemishing the horizon.Continue reading...
- Sun, 06 May 2018 08:30:15 +0000: Said & Done: Sunderland, Donald Trump and one nutmeg too many - Sunderland | The Guardian
The week in football - also featuring: Massimo Cellino, Mo Salah and sending hugs to fans
Mohamed Salah is having problems with the Egyptian FA after they put his picture on their plane next to a different phone sponsor than the one he has a contract with.#ادعم_محمد_صلاح pic.twitter.com/Z8OZa1Fo0ZContinue reading...
- Mon, 30 Apr 2018 09:30:08 +0000: Who is Stewart Donald, Sunderland’s prospective new chairman? | Martha Kelner - Sunderland | The Guardian
Former insurance man may not have Ellis Short’s cash but he has football knowledge after his time at Eastleigh
The wealth of Stewart Donald, the prospective new owner of Sunderland, does not come close to the outgoing billionaire Ellis Short but he does have a record of adding value to football clubs, albeit at semi-professional Eastleigh.
The 43-year-old has worked in the insurance industry for more than 20 years, rising from a junior role to senior management. Together with business partner Neil Fox he acquired a string of companies, amassing a net worth of around £8.4m.Continue reading...
The News Archives have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:17:05 +0000: Sunderland's Borini set for AC Milan move - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sunderland | BBC
Sunderland striker Fabio Borini is set to join Italian giants AC Milan, according to BBC Newcastle.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 14:30:52 +0000: Fans withdraw Sunderland takeover bid - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sunderland | BBC
A television production company fronted by Sunderland fans withdraws its bid to buy the club from American Ellis Short.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sunderland | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 14:21:59 +0000: Two make Sunderland takeover bids - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sunderland | BBC
Sunderland owner Ellis Short is set to decide between two takeover bids for the Championship club.
- Sat, 17 Jun 2017 12:44:11 +0000: Sunderland assistant Bracewell leaves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sunderland | BBC
Sunderland assistant manager Paul Bracewell leaves the club as they prepare for life in the Championship.