Stoke City Latest Football News
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 19:08:48 +0000: Championship roundup: Coventry comeback denies Cherries top spot - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Kane’s 95th-minute equaliser seals dramatic 2-2 draw
- Preston come from behind to hold leaders Fulham
Bournemouth missed the chance to go top of the Championship as Todd Kane’s dramatic stoppage-time equaliser for Coventry held them to a 2-2 home draw.
Scott Parker’s side cruised into a comfortable two-goal lead through Jaidon Anthony in the 45th minute and Philip Billing in the 66th – but a 68th-minute red card for Jefferson Lerma following a last-man tackle on Matt Godden changed the picture. Godden pulled a goal back with five minutes of normal time remaining before Kane struck in the fifth minute of added time.Continue reading...
- Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:44:58 +0000: Championship roundup: Cardiff’s quickfire treble saves point at Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Cardiff battle back from 3-0 down to claim 3-3 draw
- Huddersfield climb to fifth after beating Millwall
Managerless Cardiff pulled off a remarkable comeback at the Bet365 Stadium, as Stoke let slip a three‑goal lead to draw 3-3.
Jacob Brown put the hosts ahead after 10 minutes and Steven Fletcher grabbed a goal in each half to put them in control. But three goals in five minutes hauled Cardiff level. Rubin Colwill pulled one back in the 66th minute, Mark Harris added a second four minutes later and Kieffer Moore struck almost instantly to complete the fightback.Continue reading...
- Tue, 19 Oct 2021 21:49:02 +0000: Championship: Bournemouth pull away at top as Dominic Solanke sinks Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Nottingham Forest claim dramatic win at Bristol City
- Millwall beat 10-man Sheffield United in stoppage time
Bournemouth moved six points clear at the top of the Championship with a 1-0 win at Stoke. Dominic Solanke’s goal early in the second half proved enough for victory, which pulls the unbeaten Cherries ahead of second-placed West Brom, who play at Swansea on Wednesday.
Bournemouth also earned their sixth successive clean sheet on the road this season, a statistic that has pleased their manager, Scott Parker. “We’ve got a desperation to keep the ball out of the net – and it’s a good habit to have,” Parker said afterwards. “Six clean sheets is no mean feat away from home.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:59:08 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham go top while coaches see red in melee at Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Forest booed off after defeat to pile pressure on Chris Hughton
- Derby could agree nine-point reduction with EFL
Fulham returned to the top of the Championship with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Birmingham at St Andrew’s.
Marco Silva’s side always looked in charge of the contest and two goals in each half backed up a dominant display. Denis Odoi ended a three-year wait for a league goal as his 10th-minute header put the visitors in front, with Aleksander Mitrovic’s 44th-minute penalty doubling Fulham’s advantage. Impressive debutant Nathaniel Chalobah won the spot-kick, and the deadline-day signing from Watford played a key role in the game’s third goal. The 26-year-old former Chelsea youngster cut open the Blues defence with a delightful pass which was finished off in equally clinical style by Harry Wilson in the 54th minute.Continue reading...
- Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:32:00 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham dominate Stoke; QPR rise to third - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Marco Silva says leaders can still improve after 3-0 win
- Lyndon Dykes inspires QPR; West Brom leave it late
Marco Silva said there is more to come from Fulham after they swept aside Stoke to maintain their unbeaten start to the Championship season. A comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals from Harry Wilson, Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aleksandar Mitrovic, left the manager believing the margin of victory should have been even greater.
“It was a very good performance from the first minute until the last,” he said. “We should have scored more goals, 1-0 was not enough from the first half with the chances we created. We should be more clinical.”Continue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 18:22:25 +0000: Stoke City 0-1 Blackburn Rovers: Brighton loan man Reda Khadra nets winner to beat Potters - BBC Sport
Stoke City lose at home for only the second time this season as on-loan Reda Khadra nets the winner for Blackburn Rovers.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 19:22:47 +0000: Josh Tymon: Stoke City wing-back signs new contract until 2025 - BBC Sport
Stoke City wing-back Josh Tymon signs a new contract tying him to the Bet 365 Stadium until 2025.
- Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:08:30 +0000: Bristol City 1-0 Stoke City: Tyreeq Bakinson nets as Nigel Pearson's men punish Potters - BBC Sport
Tyreeq Bakinson scores the only goal of the game as Bristol City beat play-off hopefuls Stoke City at Ashton Gate.
- Tue, 23 Nov 2021 15:49:14 +0000: Nick Powell: Injured Stoke City forward's return slowed by Covid-19 isolation - BBC Sport
Injured Stoke City star Nick Powell's scheduled return is put back after he tests positive for Covid-19.
- Sat, 20 Nov 2021 18:28:03 +0000: Stoke 2-0 Peterborough: Potters strengthen play-off push with comfortable win - BBC Sport
Stoke City consolidate their play-off push after a 2-0 win over struggling Peterborough United.