Stoke City Latest Football News
- Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:52:21 +0000: James McClean fined by Stoke over balaclava 'history lesson' post - Stoke City | The Guardian
- McClean fined two weeks’ wages and deletes Instagram account
- Player apologises for posting ‘ill-advised and offensive’ picture
James McClean has been fined two weeks’ wages by Stoke City after his club took a dim view of an “inappropriate social media post” on Instagram.Continue reading...
- Wed, 26 Feb 2020 23:04:20 +0000: Championship roundup: Mitrovic leads Fulham back into third place - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Serb’s header sinks Swansea and ropes in Forest
- Barnsley and Wigan secure timely wins at the bottom
Aleksandar Mitrovic left it late to ensure Fulham maintained their promotion challenge with a 1-0 win against Swansea, having missed a penalty minutes earlier.
The Serbia striker connected with Aboubakar Kamara’s right-wing cross four minutes into injury time to deliver his side’s first win in four games and boost their hopes of breaking into the top two. But a few minutes earlier it appeared as though he would be the villain when he was denied from the spot by the goalkeeper Freddie Woodman after Neeskens Kebano had gone down under a challenge from Connor Roberts.Continue reading...
- Mon, 17 Feb 2020 11:51:05 +0000: Harry Gregg obituary - Stoke City | The Guardian
Magnificent Manchester United goalkeeper hailed as a hero of the Munich air crash of 1958
The footballer Harry Gregg, who has died aged 87, was one of the finest and bravest goalkeepers of his era and equally courageous away from the goalmouth. In particular he was a hero of the appalling Munich air crash of February 1958, when a plane carrying the Manchester United team back from Belgrade failed to clear the snowy runway after refuelling in Munich, killing 23 people and leaving many others with serious injuries.Continue reading...
- Wed, 12 Feb 2020 22:52:44 +0000: Scott Parker unhappy with Millwall equaliser as Fulham are frustrated - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Fulham manager says ‘clear as day’ that goal was offside
• Preston and Bristol City both win to stay in play-off chase
Fulham left the Den with a point, but Scott Parker was unhappy after Jon Dadi Bodvarsson’s goal was allowed to stand. “It was clear as day that they had two players offside,” Parker said afterwards. “Who [the pass] comes off is perhaps in question, but anyone would think it’s a little bit unjust to think that a goal was given when there’s clearly an advantage from two of their players standing in an offside position.”
Bodvarsson’s seventh-minute goal cancelled out Aleksandar Mitrovic’s third-minute opener, and Jed Wallace blazed a penalty over the bar for Millwall before the interval. “I think our reaction after the goal was pretty poor, and in the first half we turned the game into what Millwall wanted it to be,” Parker added.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 19:04:06 +0000: Football League: Ipswich top League One while Peterborough fan officiates - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Linesman injury means supporter becomes fourth official
- Stoke dent Swansea’s Championship play-off push
Stoke pulled away from the relegation places as Sam Clucas scored against his former club en route to a 2-0 win over Swansea. Clucas powered home 10 minutes into the second half before James McLean sealed the points when he took advantage of some poor defending. Defeat for the visitors saw them miss a chance to rise into the play-off spots.
Stoke 2-0 Swansea
The fact I couldn't walk over a small wall probably was why they didn't trust me in the end. https://t.co/hPcdLcKtXg
Bristol Rovers 0-0 Fleetwood, Burton 1-1 Accrington, Ipswich 1-0 Lincoln City, Peterborough 2-1 Rotherham, Rochdale 2-2 Gillingham
Carlisle 2-1 Walsall, Crawley 3-2 Grimsby, Exeter 0-0 Colchester, Leyton Orient 2-1 Newport, Macclesfield 2-1 Forest Green, Mansfield 3-0 Bradford, Morecambe 1-1 Cambridge, Salford 1-1 Oldham, Scunthorpe 2-2 Crewe, Stevenage 1-2 Plymouth, Swindon 3-0 Port ValeContinue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:16:27 +0000: Crouch still hungry for goals at Stoke - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, who turns 37 in January, wants to carry on playing football as long as he can.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:20:00 +0000: Stoke keen to extend Shawcross contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City hope to extend Ryan Shawcross' contract and also sign loan man Bruno Martins Indi on a more permanent deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.