Stoke City Latest Football News
- Sat, 25 Jan 2020 19:04:06 +0000: Football League: Ipswich top League One while Peterborough fan officiates - Stoke City | The Guardian
- Linesman injury means supporter becomes fourth official
- Stoke dent Swansea’s Championship play-off push
Stoke pulled away from the relegation places as Sam Clucas scored against his former club en route to a 2-0 win over Swansea. Clucas powered home 10 minutes into the second half before James McLean sealed the points when he took advantage of some poor defending. Defeat for the visitors saw them miss a chance to rise into the play-off spots.
Stoke 2-0 Swansea
The fact I couldn't walk over a small wall probably was why they didn't trust me in the end. https://t.co/hPcdLcKtXg
Bristol Rovers 0-0 Fleetwood, Burton 1-1 Accrington, Ipswich 1-0 Lincoln City, Peterborough 2-1 Rotherham, Rochdale 2-2 Gillingham
Carlisle 2-1 Walsall, Crawley 3-2 Grimsby, Exeter 0-0 Colchester, Leyton Orient 2-1 Newport, Macclesfield 2-1 Forest Green, Mansfield 3-0 Bradford, Morecambe 1-1 Cambridge, Salford 1-1 Oldham, Scunthorpe 2-2 Crewe, Stevenage 1-2 Plymouth, Swindon 3-0 Port ValeContinue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 22:32:04 +0000: Tyrese Campbell extends West Brom’s winless run with only goal for Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
West Brom’s winless run stretched to six games after the Championship leaders suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to Stoke. The striker Tyrese Campbell, whose father Kevin played for the Baggies, scored the only goal after nine minutes.
West Brom failed to force a serious save from the Stoke goalkeeper, Jack Butland, as their recent difficulties continued. Slaven Bilic’s side have now taken only four points from their last 18 available but they still lead the table by a point from Leeds United.Continue reading...
- Fri, 03 Jan 2020 15:02:10 +0000: FA charges Barnsley over sectarian chanting aimed at James McClean - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Stoke player targeted in lead-up to Remembrance Sunday
• Club have until 10 January to respond to FA charge
Barnsley have been hit with a Football Association charge after Stoke midfielder James McClean was allegedly the target of sectarian chants in the lead-up to Remembrance Sunday. The club has until 10 January to respond.
Derry-born McClean has repeatedly been singled out in recent seasons for his decision not to wear a poppy on his shirt in the game closest to Remembrance Sunday in respect for those who died in the city on Bloody Sunday in 1972.Continue reading...
- Sun, 15 Dec 2019 13:00:52 +0000: Gordon Banks remembered by Peter Shilton - Stoke City | The Guardian
30 December 1937 - 12 February 2019
One great England goalkeeper remembers his World Cup-winning predecessor for his work ethic, his down-to-earth nature – and the save of the century
• Clive James remembered by John Simpson
• Read the Observer’s obituaries of 2019 in full
Gordon Banks was a rival in some ways, but we were always good friends. There’s what we call “the goalkeepers’ union” – we goalkeepers respect each other because we know you’re there to be shot at. You can make a lot of saves but if you make a mistake people only remember the mistake. So goalkeepers generally are very friendly towards each other.
Growing up in Leicester, Gordon was my hero. I used to stand on the terraces and watch Leicester City from the age of nine or 10. When I signed for the club as an apprentice, aged 15, Gordon was still there and we’d train together. He was always ahead of his time – long before goalkeeping coaches, he would stay late every Tuesday and Thursday to work on his game. And when he practised, he used to try for every shot. Even if it was going a yard wide, he still dived full-length for it. He’d say, “Well, sometimes the ball swerves inwards.” He wanted to stretch himself and he never gave up.Continue reading...
- Tue, 26 Nov 2019 22:52:50 +0000: Championship: Jack Harrison sends Leeds top as Fulham move third - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Leeds leapfrog West Brom with 1-0 win at Reading
• Fulham take third spot thanks to 3-0 victory over Derby
Leeds went top of the Championship thanks to a late goal from Jack Harrison that secured a 1-0 win at Reading. Marcelo Bielsa’s side chalked up a fourth successive win, and made it seven matches without defeat, to move a point clear of West Brom, who have played a game less.
Leeds saw an effort from Stuart Dallas hit the crossbar just after the hour then, with only three minutes left, Leeds went on a swift counter, with Helder Costa’s deflected cross headed in by Harrison at the far post.Continue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:16:27 +0000: Crouch still hungry for goals at Stoke - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, who turns 37 in January, wants to carry on playing football as long as he can.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:20:00 +0000: Stoke keen to extend Shawcross contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City hope to extend Ryan Shawcross' contract and also sign loan man Bruno Martins Indi on a more permanent deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.