Stoke City Latest Football News for the 2017 – 2018 Season
- Mon, 25 Sep 2017 07:53:11 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Stoke City | The Guardian
Sean Dyche was worked up about nothing, Mark Hughes hopes life for Stoke will get easier and Ronald Koeman played his last cards to get Everton out of trouble
If Brighton survive this season – and they survived this game thanks to several Newcastle misses and some good goalkeeping – there is every chance we will be talking about the signing of Pascal Gross as a masterstroke. The German midfielder with a picture-perfect delivery has been involved in all of Brighton’s Premier League goals, and was instrumental again at the Amex in the 1-0 win over Newcastle when his free-kick homed in on Dale Stephens, who headed down for Tomer Hemed to finish. The value of an accurate set-piece taker cannot be overlooked in a squad short on goalscorers and one suspects there will be plenty more of those well-rehearsed moves. Ingolstadt were relegated despite Gross creating more chances than any other Bundesliga player; Chris Hughton will hope his creative streak delivers safety for Brighton. Lawrence OstlereContinue reading...
- Sun, 24 Sep 2017 21:30:04 +0000: Thibaut Courtois confident resurgent Chelsea are hitting form at right time - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Champions face Atlético Madrid and Manchester City this week
• Eden Hazard still easing back from the bench after ankle injury
If there were any Chelsea fans still worrying whether they would make a better fist of defending their Premier League title than the previous attempt, the clinical way in which Antonio Conte’s side dispatched Stoke City on Saturday has surely dispelled those doubts.
A third successive away win courtesy of Álvaro Morata’s brilliant hat-trick ensured they remain within touching distance of the two Manchester clubs at the top of the nascent table, even if Conte will be more than happy to remain the shadows for now.Continue reading...
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:11:43 +0000: Álvaro Morata strikes treble for Chelsea in crushing defeat of Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
Antonio Conte was his usual animated self on the touchline, pacing up and down and waving his arms around, yet this was one of those afternoons when the Chelsea manager could have put his feet up, sat back and enjoyed the show as the outstanding Álvaro Morata took centre stage with a superb hat-trick.
Chelsea’s record signing took his tally to an impressive seven goals in seven games in the process and it felt fitting that he should deliver such an outstanding performance at the end of a week when the Premier League champions finally said goodbye to Diego Costa. Diego who?Continue reading...
- Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:20:33 +0000: Stoke City v Chelsea: match preview - Stoke City | The Guardian
Stoke take on the champions after a loss at Bristol City which Mark Hughes described as their worst of the season and with only one centre-back available. Chelsea will be without David Luiz, their fourth sending off this season. “Maybe they haven’t quite got the dark arts right on spec at the moment. But I don’t see them as a team with a discipline problem,” said Hughes. Mark Tallentire
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:32:02 +0000: Carabao Cup roundup: Hughes demands better after Stoke lose to Bristol City - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Bournemouth beat visiting Brighton once again
• 10-man Aston Villa lose 2-0 at home to Middlesbrough
Several Premier League sides went out of the Carabao Cup but Stoke City were one of only two to lose to lower league opposition, in the shape of Bristol City.
Stoke were undone at Ashton Gate by two goals in 10 second-half minutes from Famara Diédhiou and Matt Taylor, following Burnley – beaten in a penalty shootout by Leeds – in bowing out in the third round to a Championship side. Mark Hughes had no complaints though. “We were poor and they played very well,” he said. “They will have a good season playing like that, but we have to be much better. I am very disappointed because this is a competition we wanted to do well in. Maybe I got the changes wrong, but I was expecting a lot more from my players. I know we will be better against Chelsea on Saturday, but that isn’t much consolation at the moment.”Continue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:16:27 +0000: Crouch still hungry for goals at Stoke - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, who turns 37 in January, wants to carry on playing football as long as he can.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:20:00 +0000: Stoke keen to extend Shawcross contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City hope to extend Ryan Shawcross' contract and also sign loan man Bruno Martins Indi on a more permanent deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.