Stoke City Latest Football News for the 2017 – 2018 Season
- Tue, 23 Oct 2018 21:04:53 +0000: Championship roundup: Joe Allen denies Blades return to top spot - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Stoke midfielder strikes late to keep Middlesbrough top
• Norwich move up to fourth after win over Aston Villa
Sheffield United missed out on the chance to return to the top as the result of an 88th-minute Joe Allen free-kick that earned Stoke a 1-1 draw at Bramall Lane.
Chris Wilder’s side had lost their grip on top spot after their defeat at Derby on Saturday but seemed set to get back to winning ways when Leon Clarke tapped home from close range with 20 minutes to go. Allen, though, stroked a low free-kick past Dean Henderson.Continue reading...
- Fri, 31 Aug 2018 19:00:34 +0000: If you want to hold a grudge follow the example of Leigh Roose | Paul Doyle - Stoke City | The Guardian
Yaya Touré is no Johan Cruyff but they are mild compared to the keeper who caused chaos for Celtic and against Stoke
It is getting to the stage where we are going to have to accept Yaya Touré is no Johan Cruyff. Shame, really, because the Ivorian had the right idea. Whether served with an upturned bowl of steaming hot bile or a platter of cold hard truths, the revenge of the jilted footballer can be an entertaining force. None of the sport’s great orators, from Bill Shankly to Claude Puel, has ever given a team talk as inspirational as a well-nurtured grudge.
In 1910, the magnificent Leigh Roose set an example that may never be matched but we will get to him in a bit. First, let us congratulate Touré’s agent, Dimitry Seluk, for mischievously pricking our hopes this week by announcing that his 35-year-old client passed a medical in London in advance of signing for a new club.Continue reading...
- Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:02:08 +0000: Hooray for Saido! Hooray for Fizzy Cup! | The Fiver - Stoke City | The Guardian
There’s nothing quite like the magic of Fizzy Cup, especially in August. Tens of fans flocked to stadiums up and down the country to watch a bunch of reserve sides contest last night’s second-round ties and the romance in the air was overwhelming as Neal Ardley responded to AFC Wimbledon’s plucky defeat to West Ham by accusing Mexican goal goblin Javier Hernández of using the dark acts to get Rod “Rodaldo” McDonald sent off. West Ham were able to fight back from a goal down and Wimbledon’s near miss was as close as anyone got to pulling off a giantkilling, unless Nasty Leeds losing for the first time since 1973 counts as an upset. “My conclusion is we didn’t play well,” Marcelo Bielsa said after his team’s 2-0 defeat to Preston North End, though the Argentinian wasn’t exactly on the kind of rolling boil that sees certain managers leave a press conference shouting “RESPECT! RESPECT! RESPECT!”Continue reading...
- Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:23:30 +0000: Cardiff and Huddersfield humbled by Championship clubs in Carabao Cup - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Dennis Srbeny double helps ease Norwich into the third round
• Saido Berahino scores first goal for Stoke since February 2016
Cardiff crashed out of the Carabao Cup as Norwich, Championship strugglers, beat them 3-1 in south Wales. Dennis Srbeny’s double and a Max Aarons goal left their Premier League opponents to contemplate a painful second-round exit. Bruno Manga’s 77th-minute header was little consolation for Cardiff, although it ended their goal drought this season after 347 minutes of football.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:25:51 +0000: Stoke’s miserable start to the season goes on as Will Grigg hits double for Wigan - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Stoke yet to win since relegation from Premier League
• Bolton third after beating Birmingham; Norwich beat Preston
Stoke City were handed a 3-0 home defeat by Wigan Athletic to continue their winless start to life in the Championship. Two goals from Will Grigg – the second from the penalty spot – and another from Gavin Massey saw the visitors win handsomely, while Stoke also had the defender Ashley Williams sent off for a second yellow card with 12 minutes remaining. Stoke have two points from their first four games.Continue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:16:27 +0000: Crouch still hungry for goals at Stoke - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, who turns 37 in January, wants to carry on playing football as long as he can.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:20:00 +0000: Stoke keen to extend Shawcross contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City hope to extend Ryan Shawcross' contract and also sign loan man Bruno Martins Indi on a more permanent deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.