Stoke City Latest Football News for the 2017 – 2018 Season
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Stoke City | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Apr 2019 19:31:00 +0000: Norwich all but seal Premier League return after nervy draw against Stoke - Stoke City | The Guardian
Norwich will have to wait for confirmation but they have all but sealed promotion to the Premier League, albeit in roundabout fashion. Though they stuttered to a fourth successive draw at Stoke, Leeds’s end-of-season struggles mean that, barring a full-blown implosion comprising two defeats and a 10-goal swing against, Norwich will return to the top flight after a three-year exile.
At the final whistle Norwich were drained, acutely aware they had passed up another golden opportunity to get the job done. Kenny McLean covered his face, Ben Godfrey bowed on all fours and Marco Stiepermann fell to the ground dejected. Daniel Farke’s emotions could not have been more different. Enveloped in a black trench coat, he gave a hearty thumbs-up to the luminous travelling Yellow Wall, a snapshot of the Norwich manager’s past at Borussia Dortmund.Continue reading...
- Thu, 18 Apr 2019 19:02:33 +0000: Daniel Farke in the saddle as Norwich gallop to the finishing line | Stuart James - Stoke City | The Guardian
Despite a limited budget, Norwich top an unpredictable Championship and are heading for promotion
The standout line in a story about Daniel Farke, the Norwich City manager, on the Pink ’Un website this week was found in the penultimate paragraph. “A Banham Zoo spokesman said she did not know Farke had visited and could not confirm whether the head coach had taken part in its heavy horse experience.”
Farke and horses have taken on a life of their own in Norfolk ever since Norwich fans picked up on the fact that the German once rode into the stadium at SV Lippstadt 08, the club where he started his managerial career, in the saddle. There is a Norwich chant about Farke being on a horse and the 42-year-old was recently asked in a press conference whether he would consider celebrating promotion by trotting into Carrow Road. Farke did not rule it out and, for the record, it is also true that he visited Banham Zoo this week.Continue reading...
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - Stoke City | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
- Mon, 04 Mar 2019 17:26:16 +0000: Gordon Banks: crowds pay tribute to 'greatest English goalkeeper' - Stoke City | The Guardian
Funeral in Stoke-on-Trent remembers ‘modest family man’ despite achievements
Thousands of football fans, families and schoolchildren lined the streets of Stoke-on-Trent on Monday to celebrate the life of Gordon Banks, one of the world’s greatest goalkeepers and the “supreme gentleman of football”.
The Staffordshire city came to a standstill as crowds gathered to applaud Banks’s funeral cortege as it travelled from the club’s stadium to Stoke Minster.Continue reading...
The Archived News for Stoke City is as follows:
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 21:16:27 +0000: Crouch still hungry for goals at Stoke - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City striker Peter Crouch, who turns 37 in January, wants to carry on playing football as long as he can.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Mon, 19 Jun 2017 12:20:00 +0000: Stoke keen to extend Shawcross contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke City hope to extend Ryan Shawcross' contract and also sign loan man Bruno Martins Indi on a more permanent deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 16:19:13 +0000: Stoke sign Fletcher on free transfer - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Stoke City | BBC
Stoke have signed midfielder Darren Fletcher on a free transfer from West Brom on a two-year deal.