The Latest Southampton FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 24 May 2019 14:43:20 +0000: Bob Higgins victim: 'I looked him in the eyes and took back the power' - Southampton | The Guardian
Former footballer believes the convicted abuser colluded with Kit Carson at Peterborough
A former youth footballer who says he was abused by two football coaches in the 1990s has spoken of his struggle with anxiety and depression, and strongly criticised the police and footballing authorities for not taking action against the coaches earlier.
The ex-player believes Bob Higgins, who has been convicted of indecently assaulting 24 junior footballers, and Kit Carson, who died in a car crash on the morning of his abuse trial earlier this year, colluded over his abuse.Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 May 2019 16:18:21 +0000: 'The FA didn't stop him': The long road to justice for Bob Higgins' abuse victims - Southampton | The Guardian
Cultivation of father-figure role allowed coach to get away with sexual abuse of boys for decades
Bob Higgins was the star-maker, the super-coach. He worked with the likes of the former England great Alan Shearer, the Southampton legend Matt Le Tissier and the ex-Chelsea skipper Dennis Wise when they were promising juniors, hungry for success.
He was admired – loved is not too strong – by the impressionable schoolboys who believed he was the gatekeeper to the world of football. They were “Bob’s boys”, hanging on his every word, following him around Pied Piper-like.Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 May 2019 14:52:32 +0000: Football coach Bob Higgins guilty of 45 counts of indecent assault - Southampton | The Guardian
Former Southampton and Peterborough coach convicted of offences against 23 boys
A former football coach who helped launch the careers of a string of household names has been found guilty of sexually abusing schoolboy players.
Bob Higgins, who worked with hundreds of youth players, was found guilty of 45 charges of indecent assault against teenage boys at Bournemouth crown court.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Southampton | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 May 2019 11:42:03 +0000: Premier League 2018-19 review: our predictions versus reality - Southampton | The Guardian
We thought Manchester City would pip Liverpool to the title, but we also said Watford would go down
What we said: “Pep Guardiola’s talented side look well placed to become the first team to retain the Premier League title since Manchester United did it in 2009.”Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:56:31 +0000: Pellegrino appointed Southampton manager - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager, with the 45-year-old former Alaves boss replacing Claude Puel.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:42:32 +0000: Southampton sack manager Puel - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton sack boss Claude Puel after one season in charge, when they finished eighth in the Premier League and reached the League Cup final.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:24:39 +0000: Barnsley sign Saints defender McCarthy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Barnsley sign Southampton defender Jason McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:20:44 +0000: Liverpool end interest in Van Dijk - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Liverpool apologise to Southampton over "any misunderstanding" and end their interest in defender Virgil van Dijk.
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has been a busy man in the transfer market this summer as he looks to reinforce his squad for the start of next season after a great run which saw them promoted to the English top flight via the play offs. Adkins is now desperate to bring in new names to the club so that he can secure their position in the top flight for another season at least.
The first signing of the summer sees promising young full back Nathaniel Clyne arrive at St Mary`s from Crystal Palace after the promise of the clubs plans to attempt to quality for Europe this season were very enticing for the player. Southampton though will need to pay a large compensation fee to his current club if the deal goes through as due to the players age his former club feel they are due some type of payment from the saints after he signed a new four year deal last week.
Another player who has just be signed by the club is talented striker Jay Rodriguez after he recently arrived from Burnley for a fee which is believed to be around the six and a half million pounds mark. Adkins has long been an admirer of the player and is extremely happy with the signing which he sees as just perfect to bolster his attacking line for next season.
A shocking bit of news right now for Southampton is the fact that their attempts to bring defender Alexander Buttner to St Mary`s may be in tatters after his current club Vitesse Arnham have halted the move after another club have come into the frame for the players signature. Southampton may now find themselves in a bidding war for the player who they see as a perfect addition to their squad so as of now all dealings over the player have hit a premature halt.