The Latest Southampton FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:03:18 +0000: Southampton continue to invest in youth after Gao Jisheng’s reshuffle - Southampton | The Guardian
The Chinese businessman has remained in the background since purchasing 80% of the club but the club has recruited shrewdly from across Europe
When Gao Jisheng bought 80% of Southampton for £210m in August 2017 the club’s executives did not know what to expect. Would the Chinese businessman be a hands-on presence, dictating policy as some of his compatriots have done from similar positions at English clubs? There was uncertainty and a good deal of waiting. Yet the shakeup did not come and so, for the men on the ground, it remained day-to-day business as usual.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - Southampton | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:00:06 +0000: Che Adams: ‘In non-league it’s just a question of how hard you’re going to get kicked’ - Southampton | The Guardian
The Southampton striker talks about growing up in Thurnby Lodge, playing non-league and being named after Che Guevara
Che Adams confirms it is “Shay” rather than “Chay” before he sits down to discuss how he has become Southampton’s newest signing in a £14m deal from Birmingham City but the spelling of his name begs an obvious question. Is there any connection to Che Guevara?
“Yeah, it was where I got my name from,” Adams replies, breezily. “Che Guevara was in the news around the time that I was born and I think it was something to do with where his body was buried, although I’m not sure. My mum just really liked the name.”Continue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jul 2019 21:45:51 +0000: Premier League transfers so far this summer and what each club still needs - Southampton | The Guardian
Aston Villa have been the most active of the promoted clubs; Arsenal look to have work to do; Tottenham have secured their top target; Newcastle are still looking for a manager
What have they done so far? Nowhere near enough. Teenage striker Gabriel Martinelli has arrived from regional football in Brazil and is expected to need some adaptation and development time. David Ospina has departed for a modest fee.Continue reading...
- Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:47:21 +0000: Premier League pre-season 2019: a full list of all the clubs’ friendlies - Southampton | The Guardian
From Yankee Stadium in New York to New York Stadium in Rotherham, here are the 20 clubs’ fixtures before 9 August
All dates and kick-off times BST. All information correct at time of publicationContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:56:31 +0000: Pellegrino appointed Southampton manager - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager, with the 45-year-old former Alaves boss replacing Claude Puel.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:42:32 +0000: Southampton sack manager Puel - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton sack boss Claude Puel after one season in charge, when they finished eighth in the Premier League and reached the League Cup final.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:24:39 +0000: Barnsley sign Saints defender McCarthy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Barnsley sign Southampton defender Jason McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:20:44 +0000: Liverpool end interest in Van Dijk - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Liverpool apologise to Southampton over "any misunderstanding" and end their interest in defender Virgil van Dijk.
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has been a busy man in the transfer market this summer as he looks to reinforce his squad for the start of next season after a great run which saw them promoted to the English top flight via the play offs. Adkins is now desperate to bring in new names to the club so that he can secure their position in the top flight for another season at least.
The first signing of the summer sees promising young full back Nathaniel Clyne arrive at St Mary`s from Crystal Palace after the promise of the clubs plans to attempt to quality for Europe this season were very enticing for the player. Southampton though will need to pay a large compensation fee to his current club if the deal goes through as due to the players age his former club feel they are due some type of payment from the saints after he signed a new four year deal last week.
Another player who has just be signed by the club is talented striker Jay Rodriguez after he recently arrived from Burnley for a fee which is believed to be around the six and a half million pounds mark. Adkins has long been an admirer of the player and is extremely happy with the signing which he sees as just perfect to bolster his attacking line for next season.
A shocking bit of news right now for Southampton is the fact that their attempts to bring defender Alexander Buttner to St Mary`s may be in tatters after his current club Vitesse Arnham have halted the move after another club have come into the frame for the players signature. Southampton may now find themselves in a bidding war for the player who they see as a perfect addition to their squad so as of now all dealings over the player have hit a premature halt.