The Latest Southampton FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 18 Jun 2018 09:11:15 +0000: Leicester set to beat Southampton to £25m signing of James Maddison - Southampton | The Guardian
• Norwich midfielder also wanted by Everton and Fulham
• West Ham frustrated over Felipe Anderson price hike by Lazio
Leicester City look set to beat Southampton to the signing of James Maddison after agreeing a deal worth £25m with Norwich City.
Southampton offered £20m plus add-ons for the 21-year-old midfielder over the weekend but it is understood that Leicester have outbid the St Mary’s club. Maddison is not short of suitors – Everton, Fulham and West Ham have all targeted him – and his departure from Carrow Road seems inevitable.Continue reading...
- Thu, 14 Jun 2018 12:59:06 +0000: Premier League fixtures 2018-19: Manchester City start at Arsenal - Southampton | The Guardian
• Champions travel to Emirates for Unai Emery’s Arsenal debut
• Spurs’ new ground not ready until Liverpool on 15 September
• Premier League fixtures 2018-19 in full
Manchester City will start their Premier League title defence at Arsenal. The 2018-19 fixtures, announced on Thursday morning, handed Pep Guardiola’s record-breaking team an Emirates Stadium opener on the weekend of 11-12 August – a fixture that will be Unai Emery’s first competitive match as the Arsenal manager.
City, who amassed 100 points and 106 goals en route to finishing 19 points clear of Manchester United in 2017-18, do not face another side from last season’s top six until the trip to Liverpool in October. Games against the newly promoted trio of Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham are part of a sequence that also includes Huddersfield, Newcastle and Brighton – the three teams who came up in 2017.
Arsenal v Manchester CityContinue reading...
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton & Hove Albion
Wolves v Everton
- Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:08:17 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Southampton | The Guardian
The 2016-17 accounts of all top-flight clubs and what the figures say about their health. Manchester United top the charts again with a £581m income and £57m profit
Financial figures for 2016-17, for the 20 clubs that were in the Premier League during 2016-17. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Crystal Palace have missed the deadline for filing their accounts; as a consequence, all rankings of clubs are out of 19, not 20. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are listed according to the wording in individual club’s accounts and are each rounded up or down, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Fri, 25 May 2018 22:04:22 +0000: Mark Hughes signs three-year contract with Southampton after great escape - Southampton | The Guardian
• Former Stoke manager commits his future to 2021
• Hughes calls on fans to build on end-of-season revival
Mark Hughes has been rewarded for keeping Southampton in the Premier League with a three-year deal.
The former Wales, Manchester City and Stoke manager was charged with keeping the Saints in the top flight when he took over in March in place of Mauricio Pellegrino. Having achieved that, he is now contracted to stay at St Mary’s - along with his assistants, Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki - until the summer of 2021.Continue reading...
- Sun, 13 May 2018 21:51:00 +0000: Manchester City hit 100 points with late Gabriel Jesus winner at Southampton - Southampton | The Guardian
How fitting that Manchester City would finish an extraordinary season with a bang. After plucking Kevin De Bruyne’s exquisite flighted ball out of the summer air with his left foot, the substitute Gabriel Jesus hoisted a wonderful dinked effort into the net with his right, with only two seconds of three added minutes left on the clock, racking up the champions’ 32nd win of the campaign, attaining a landmark and record-breaking century in the process.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:56:31 +0000: Pellegrino appointed Southampton manager - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager, with the 45-year-old former Alaves boss replacing Claude Puel.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:42:32 +0000: Southampton sack manager Puel - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton sack boss Claude Puel after one season in charge, when they finished eighth in the Premier League and reached the League Cup final.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:24:39 +0000: Barnsley sign Saints defender McCarthy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Barnsley sign Southampton defender Jason McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:20:44 +0000: Liverpool end interest in Van Dijk - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Liverpool apologise to Southampton over "any misunderstanding" and end their interest in defender Virgil van Dijk.
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has been a busy man in the transfer market this summer as he looks to reinforce his squad for the start of next season after a great run which saw them promoted to the English top flight via the play offs. Adkins is now desperate to bring in new names to the club so that he can secure their position in the top flight for another season at least.
The first signing of the summer sees promising young full back Nathaniel Clyne arrive at St Mary`s from Crystal Palace after the promise of the clubs plans to attempt to quality for Europe this season were very enticing for the player. Southampton though will need to pay a large compensation fee to his current club if the deal goes through as due to the players age his former club feel they are due some type of payment from the saints after he signed a new four year deal last week.
Another player who has just be signed by the club is talented striker Jay Rodriguez after he recently arrived from Burnley for a fee which is believed to be around the six and a half million pounds mark. Adkins has long been an admirer of the player and is extremely happy with the signing which he sees as just perfect to bolster his attacking line for next season.
A shocking bit of news right now for Southampton is the fact that their attempts to bring defender Alexander Buttner to St Mary`s may be in tatters after his current club Vitesse Arnham have halted the move after another club have come into the frame for the players signature. Southampton may now find themselves in a bidding war for the player who they see as a perfect addition to their squad so as of now all dealings over the player have hit a premature halt.