The Latest Reading FC Transfer News
- Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:05:00 +0000: Championship round-up: Leeds stay top and Sunderland slump to defeat - Reading
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 21:49:15 +0000: Carabao Cup round-up: Arnautovic impresses in West Ham win, Stoke knocked out by Bristol City - Reading
- Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:26:27 +0000: Championship round-up: Millwall end Leeds United's unbeaten start to the season, Wolves move into second - Reading
- Wed, 06 Sep 2017 10:41:31 +0000: Championship 2017/18 table: Super computer predicts end of season final standings - *September update* - Reading
- Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:39:34 +0000: Championship news: Reading sign Sone Aluko from Fulham - Reading
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:44:52 +0000: Ajax midfielder Clement joins Reading - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Reading | BBC
Dutch attacking midfielder Pelle Clement joins Reading on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee from Ajax.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:20:33 +0000: Peterborough sign Royals keeper Bond - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Reading | BBC
League One side Peterborough sign goalkeeper Jonathan Bond on a six-month loan from Reading.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Reading | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:45:02 +0000: Lech Poznan loan for Reading's Rakels - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Reading | BBC
Reading forward Deniss Rakels agrees a season-long loan deal with Lech Poznan in Poland.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 08:47:53 +0000: Luton sign Reading full-back Stacey - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Reading | BBC
League Two side Luton Town sign right-back Jack Stacey from Reading for undisclosed terms on a two-year deal.
Newly promoted Reading have been scouting out many possible additions to their squad for next season with manager Brian McDermott having a large number of possible targets he wishes to bring to the Madjeski for the season kick off in August. The Royals manager has stated he would like to reinforce in all departments for next season with a mixture of new and experienced players.
Reading have just offered a contract to up and coming high flying goal keeper Stuart Taylor after the player
enjoyed a successful trial spell at the club in recent weeks. The Royals have been looking for a long term replacement in the goal keeping department for some time and look set to make Taylor the man to do the job as long as the club and the player can agree personal terms before the season kicks off.
Goal keeper Mikkel Anderson looks like he will be heading in the other direction to Portsmouth this summer after the club decided they wished to sign Taylor to replace him and Pompey manager Appleton is extremely keen on the young goal keeper. The southern club have offered to take the player on loan for the season but Reading seem coy on this idea as they would much prefer to dispense with his services on a permanent deal but as of yet both clubs are unable to reach an agreement on the situation so the drama continues.
Young Watford starlet Adrian Mariappa is the first signing of the summer for the Royals as he has just arrived on a three year deal from the London club. The talented Jamaican international central defender is a great addition to the Royals squad and McDermott believes the player will offer them a new dimension in the heart of their defence for next season.
Another player who looks all set to arrive at the Madjeski this summer is Nottingham Forest full back Chris Gunter who has been a long term target of the club for some time. The Welsh international has been out of favour at Forest for the better part of last season and now is keen and excited to the prospect of life in the premier league and the deal looks all set to go through within the next couple of weeks as long as the player agrees personal terms and passes the clubs medical.
In recent weeks there has been growing speculation that the Royals have been enquiring about gaining the services of Jermain Defoe from Tottenham after the striker endured a bit part season last year for his home club. Defoes chances in the first team were extremely limited and now the striker may look elsewhere to ply his trade if talks with the club break down this summer which will leave the door right open for the Royals to bring the player to the Madjeski.