Reading Latest Football News
- Wed, 20 Oct 2021 21:42:41 +0000: West Brom drop to third after Jamie Paterson fires Swansea to comeback win - Reading | The Guardian
- Fulham climb above West Brom after win over Cardiff
- Coventry stay fourth despite home defeat to Preston
West Brom lost ground on the Championship leaders Bournemouth as Jamie Paterson’s superb strike secured Swansea a 2-1 comeback win.
Karlan Grant’s goal after just 52 seconds gave the visitors a deserved 1-0 half-time lead, but Swansea were the better side after the break. The in-form striker Joel Piroe’s eighth goal in all competitions brought them level and then set up Paterson who finished with aplomb.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:30:08 +0000: Reading in line for points deduction over breach of EFL financial rules - Reading | The Guardian
- Championship club face losing six to nine points
- Reading were placed under transfer embargo in summer
Reading are set to be deducted between six and nine points by the English Football League for breaching financial rules. The Championship club are under embargo for breaching profit and sustainability regulations and are in talks over agreeing a sanction that could drop them into the relegation zone. Crisis-hit Derby County are also in line to receive a points penalty for financial breaches.
The embargo placed on Reading in the summer limited them to free transfers and loans, with Danny Drinkwater arriving from Chelsea last month. Profit and sustainability rules permit a maximum £39m loss across three seasons. Reading’s reported £41m wage bill in 2018-19 equated to 194% of turnover.Continue reading...
- Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:32:00 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham dominate Stoke; QPR rise to third - Reading | The Guardian
- Marco Silva says leaders can still improve after 3-0 win
- Lyndon Dykes inspires QPR; West Brom leave it late
Marco Silva said there is more to come from Fulham after they swept aside Stoke to maintain their unbeaten start to the Championship season. A comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals from Harry Wilson, Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aleksandar Mitrovic, left the manager believing the margin of victory should have been even greater.
“It was a very good performance from the first minute until the last,” he said. “We should have scored more goals, 1-0 was not enough from the first half with the chances we created. We should be more clinical.”Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Aug 2021 10:56:35 +0000: Going to my first Swansea match in 16 months renewed my appetite for football | Elis James - Reading | The Guardian
Ironic cheers mocking the opposition and losing control of all senses for goal celebrations returned effortlessly at the stadium
There was a point during the first lockdown, when I’d daydream about becoming a “yes man”. I’d think to myself: “I got too sucked into the rat race, man. If this thing has taught me anything, it’s that life is about experiences. I’ve spent too much time on my phone. As soon as I’m able to I’ll say yes to that bungee jump. I’ll say yes to that National Trust dry-stone walling course. Life is lived on the margins so I’ll take up kickboxing and enter a dialogue with pain.”
As you can imagine, this nettle‑grasping lasted about 30 seconds into restrictions being lifted (realistically, why would I want to learn a skill that’s mainly relevant in the Peak District or get my head kicked off my body?), but the one thing I have approached with renewed vigour is football.Continue reading...
- Sun, 25 Apr 2021 13:02:03 +0000: Swansea earn draw at Reading to seal place in Championship play-offs - Reading | The Guardian
Swansea fought back from a goal down to draw 2-2 at Reading, a result that confirms the four teams who will contest the Championship play-offs.
Second-half goals from Jamal Lowe and André Ayew put Swansea in front after Yakou Méïté’s header gave the hosts a half-time lead. The defender Tomás Esteves grabbed a fine injury-time equaliser for Reading, but it was not enough to keep alive their hopes of a top-six finish.Continue reading...
The Archive News for Reading FC has been added below:
- Wed, 30 Jun 2021 15:00:00 +0000: 📽 Inside Training | Royals return for pre-season - Reading News
A look behind the scenes at Bearwood Park
The summer break is over... full focus on 2021-22.
- Tue, 29 Jun 2021 15:03:00 +0000: 📝 McIntyre signs new deal until summer of 2024! - Reading News
Academy graduate agrees to three more years with the Royals
Reading Football Club are delighted to announce that defender Tom McIntyre has agreed terms on a new deal with the club, securing his future with the Royals until the summer of 2024.
- Mon, 28 Jun 2021 15:00:00 +0000: 📝 Natasha Dowie swaps Milan for the Madejski - Reading News
Experienced forward joins Reading ranks
Reading FC Women are very pleased to announce the arrival of striker Natasha Dowie, who joins the club after spending the previous season at AC Milan.
- Mon, 28 Jun 2021 07:26:00 +0000: 💺 2021-22 Movers' Period starts Wednesday 30 June - Reading News
Now is your chance to move your current seat for the coming season
From 10am on Wednesday 30th June, existing season ticket holders will have the opportunity to move their existing seat inside Madejski Stadium for the 2021-22 season.
- Fri, 25 Jun 2021 13:15:00 +0000: 👏 Johnny completes his walk to Wembley with almost £10,000 raised! - Reading News
Young Royals fan makes it to the home of English football in aid of Parkinson's UK
Last weekend, 11-year-old Reading fan Johnny Pride completed his 'Walk to Wembley' - walking all the way to the capital over five days in aid of a charity close to his heart, Parkinson's UK.