Reading Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 10 Apr 2019 21:04:35 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich and Sheffield United draw after losing leads - Reading | The Guardian
• Norwich 2-2 Reading; Birmingham 1-1 Sheffield United
• Aston Villa game at Rotherham features three penalties
Sheffield United’s manager, Chris Wilder, promised to keep his cool after their automatic promotion hopes suffered a blow at Birmingham. The Blades were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw as they missed the chance to climb back into the Championship’s top two on a night when the leaders, Norwich, also drew, in thrilling fashion with Reading.
Birmingham’s captain, Michael Morrison, cancelled out Enda Stevens’ goal to leave the Blades third, a point behind Leeds with five games left. They are seven points adrift of Norwich. Wilder said: “You guys will talk about it, the fans will talk about it, but I won’t. I will just talk about the accumulation of points. I can’t be a rollercoaster myself.Continue reading...
- Tue, 12 Mar 2019 22:13:17 +0000: Championship roundup: Hernández double fires Leeds back to the top - Reading | The Guardian
• Reading 0-3 Leeds (Klich 14; Hernández 22 43)
• 10-man Sheffield United stay third
Pablo Hernández scored twice in the first half to help Leeds cruise past Reading and return to the top of the Championship with a 3-0 win at the Madejski Stadium.
Mateusz Klich got the first for Marcelo Bielsa’s men after 14 minutes but it was the former Spain international, with his double strike, who guaranteed the points as Leeds overhauled Norwich, who play at home tonight against Hull.Continue reading...
- Fri, 01 Feb 2019 15:35:00 +0000: José Gomes: Robson was a symbol of what English football means - Reading | The Guardian
It has taken Reading’s latest manager the best part of 25 years to land a job in England, an ambition he struck on the touchline at Porto’s training ground
For a young coach in Portugal’s second city during the mid-1990s the choice between university classes and a trip to Porto’s practice pitches barely registered. José Gomes would not think twice about skipping an afternoon’s studies when he heard a training session was open; he was spellbound by the famous English manager who had taken over at the club he loved and, in his words, “it was like time stopped” as he stood at the side and watched the old master put the players through their paces.
Gomes is hardly alone in having a Sir Bobby Robson story but the feelings stirred by those glimpses of his work have particular resonance. A month has passed since Gomes was appointed the manager of Reading and it was while watching Robson during that 1994-95 season that he resolved to make working in England his ultimate goal.Continue reading...
- Mon, 07 Jan 2019 08:27:43 +0000: FA Cup: 10 talking points from the weekend's third-round action - Reading | The Guardian
Nketiah shows rich promise, Chelsea may rue Fàbregas’s exit, things about to hot up for Solskjær and what next for Carroll?Continue reading...
- Sat, 05 Jan 2019 16:46:00 +0000: Romelu Lukaku sinks Reading to give Solskjær fifth Manchester United win - Reading | The Guardian
Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s dream start continued with a fifth victory in five games but the first stern test of his interim reign is next: the trip to Tottenham next Sunday. The run equals Sir Matt Busby’s non-wartime club record, but how United fare against a team 10 points and three places better off will be a litmus test of progress.
After the downing of Reading ensured safe passage to the FA Cup fourth round, Solskjær batted away the proposition that United had enjoyed an easy run of matches. “When you go to Cardiff in the first game it’s never easy,” he said. “At home you’re expected to beat Bournemouth and Huddersfield, never easy games. There are no easy games in the Premier League. Newcastle away, I thought that was a professional performance.Continue reading...
The Archive News for Reading FC has been added below:
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Morrison on the Royals project, leadership qualities and broken noses - Reading News
New recruit on joining Reading
“After speaking to people behind the scenes, you can see how ambitious the football club is and what they want to achieve,” said Michael Morrison after penning a two-year deal with Reading.
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 15:39:34 +0000: 🎥 iFollow | The first word from new arrival Michael Morrison - Reading News
Watch our defender's first interview
"I’m really excited to join the project. It started at the beginning of the year, so hopefully this season the club can push on and move forward."
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:20:00 +0000: ✍️ Michael Morrison makes move to the Madejski - Reading News
Former Birmingham City skipper signs two-year deal with the Royals
Reading Football Club are delighted to announce that defender Michael Morrison has put pen to paper on a permanent move to Madejski Stadium.
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 08:33:25 +0000: Our pre-season opponents in profile | Lincoln City and Granada - Reading News
The lowdown on the Royals' final two friendlies in Spain
On the final full day of the Royals' pre-season tour in Spain, two more tests await as Reading ramp up their pre-season preparations.
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 14:30:00 +0000: Key trio pen new Reading FC Women deals as Woodham signs first professional contract - Reading News
Bartrip, Pacheco and Howard commit futures to Kelly Chambers’ side
Reading FC Women can announce that Sophie Howard, Molly Bartrip and Maz Pacheco have all put pen to paper on new contracts with the Royals ahead of the start of the 2019-20 WSL campaign.