Reading Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:32:02 +0000: Carabao Cup roundup: Hughes demands better after Stoke lose to Bristol City - Reading | The Guardian
• Bournemouth beat visiting Brighton once again
• 10-man Aston Villa lose 2-0 at home to Middlesbrough
Several Premier League sides went out of the Carabao Cup but Stoke City were one of only two to lose to lower league opposition, in the shape of Bristol City.
Stoke were undone at Ashton Gate by two goals in 10 second-half minutes from Famara Diédhiou and Matt Taylor, following Burnley – beaten in a penalty shootout by Leeds – in bowing out in the third round to a Championship side. Mark Hughes had no complaints though. “We were poor and they played very well,” he said. “They will have a good season playing like that, but we have to be much better. I am very disappointed because this is a competition we wanted to do well in. Maybe I got the changes wrong, but I was expecting a lot more from my players. I know we will be better against Chelsea on Saturday, but that isn’t much consolation at the moment.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Aug 2017 23:22:19 +0000: Steve Bruce says he is ‘right man’ for Aston Villa job after defeat at Reading - Reading | The Guardian
At least Steve Bruce is adamant he can turn Aston Villa round. After another half-baked performance, and another abject display on the road, it was inevitable that Bruce would face questions over his future, after a winless start to the Championship, in a season where promotion is non-negotiable.
This defeat left Bruce without a league win since April, with Villa second-bottom, and culminated in his team being jeered by sections of the 3,935 travelling supporters at Reading.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Aug 2017 21:49:52 +0000: Championship round-up: Cardiff City break record with third consecutive win - Reading | The Guardian
• Cardiff City win opening three games for first time in their 118-year history
• Wolves beat Hull; Ipswich defeat Millwall; Middlesbrough overcome Burton
Cardiff City created club history as a 2-0 victory over Sheffield United kept them top of the Sky Bet Championship.
The Welsh club had never started a campaign with three league wins in their 118-year history but that odd statistic was consigned to history as Sean Morrison and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing put the gloss on a performance that suggests Cardiff may be credible promotion contenders this season.Continue reading...
- Fri, 04 Aug 2017 09:28:04 +0000: Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2017–18 season - Reading | The Guardian
Derby, Leeds, Reading, Middlesbrough, Villa and Sheffield Wednesday fans (among others) are hoping for promotion. A few of them will be disappointed
A proper run at promotion is surely non-negotiable at this stage. The squad is as good and as deep as one could realistically hope for in the Championship, and Steve Bruce has now had a full pre-season and two transfer windows to bring in his own players. Given his reputation as a promotion specialist, Bruce has to deliver. Although, given what’s happened in the past seven years, cautious optimism is probably the way to go as a Villa fan.Continue reading...
- Thu, 03 Aug 2017 10:00:04 +0000: Championship 2017-18 season preview | Ben Fisher - Reading | The Guardian
Middlesbrough have spent heavily in the chase for an immediate return to the Premier League while Aston Villa lead the Midlands challenge with John Terry
Over a long summer it has been difficult to get away from the usual faces at the same select few clubs – none more so than that of the Middlesbrough chief executive, Neil Bausor, who has been pictured with a beaming smile time and again alongside new arrivals at the Riverside.Continue reading...
The Archive News for Reading FC has been added below:
- Mon, 05 Jun 2017 11:53:39 +0000: Win tickets to the Isle of Wight Festival with Heineken - News Feed
- Sun, 04 Jun 2017 13:53:21 +0000: Women finish 6th in Spring Series with Black Cats draw - News Feed
- Sat, 03 Jun 2017 09:55:00 +0000: Fixture list released on Wednesday 21st June! - News Feed
- Fri, 02 Jun 2017 10:56:37 +0000: Don't miss the next chapter! 2017-18 STs on sale now! - News Feed
- Thu, 01 Jun 2017 09:00:20 +0000: Ball person applications opens for 2017-18 - News Feed