Reading Latest Football News
- Tue, 27 Aug 2019 21:46:00 +0000: Carabao Cup roundup: Norwich are dumped out by League Two Crawley - Reading | The Guardian
• Crystal Palace lose to Colchester after penalty shootout
• Sheffield United, Brighton, Watford and Southampton win
Norwich were dumped out of the Carabao Cup by League Two Crawley as Bez Lubala’s deflected first-half shot was enough to secure a 1-0 win for Town.
Daniel Farke’s decision to change all 11 starters for the Canaries proved costly as the Premier League new boys produced a disjointed performance and were duly punished.Continue reading...
- Tue, 20 Aug 2019 16:00:42 +0000: Yakou Méïté: ‘People think they can say what they want, even if it’s racist’ - Reading | The Guardian
The Reading striker was racially abused on social media after missing a penalty – and decided to publish the messages
Even 24 hours on Yakou Méïté is struggling to comprehend the events of Sunday afternoon. “I was happy because we had won but personally I was a bit upset after missing the penalty,” the Reading striker says of his side’s 3-0 win over Cardiff.
“To see that message when I checked my phone afterwards made me very sad – it’s the first time I’ve ever experienced anything like that. To be honest for the first 30 minutes I think I was in a little bit of shock but then I realised it’s not everyone who is like this. Unfortunately there are some bad people who like sending messages like that but it’s important not to let it affect you.”Continue reading...
- Mon, 19 Aug 2019 13:38:16 +0000: Handballs, the Pukki Party and La Liga starts with a bang – Football Weekly - Reading | The Guardian
Max Rushden, Barry Glendenning, Faye Carruthers and Paul MacInnes discuss the late VAR drama at the Etihad, Teemu Pukki being in contention for the Golden Boot and dramatic opening weekends in La Liga and the Bundesliga
We start with a round-up of the Premier League, as a contentious VAR handball decision denies Man City a late winner against Spurs. We also discuss Sadio Mané’s continued form, Arsenal’s 100% record and Frank Lampard’s stuttering home debut.Continue reading...
- Wed, 31 Jul 2019 10:00:40 +0000: Championship 2019-20 season preview - Reading | The Guardian
Fulham could bounce straight back with their four-man attack while Leeds are sure to be in the promotion mix and Neil Warnock’s Cardiff are not to be ignored
There may not be an overwhelming favourite for automatic promotion but certain teams appear streets ahead in the firepower stakes. None more so than Fulham, who will likely start with an attacking diamond of Aleksandar Mitrovic, a Premier League striker in all but name, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Tom Cairney, a player capable of running games in this division. Fulham deservedly took flak for their lavish and directionless spending last summer but it is impossible to ignore their latest business. They were, though, a soft touch in defence last season, so Scott Parker still has plenty to address, and the expectation will prove a test of his credentials.Continue reading...
- Sun, 28 Jul 2019 17:05:32 +0000: Frank Lampard tells fans to stop abusive chants after Chelsea beat Reading - Reading | The Guardian
• Reading 3-4 Chelsea
• Lampard: ‘We don’t want songs with offensive words’
Frank Lampard urged Chelsea’s fans to drop a chant that contains an offensive reference to the travelling community after his side continued their encouraging form with victory over Reading at the Madejski Stadium.
While the chant celebrates Lampard’s goalscoring exploits during his playing days for Chelsea, it also contains an insulting description of West Ham as “pikeys”. Chelsea’s new manager began his career at West Ham and he had a troubled relationship with his boyhood team after leaving for Stamford Bridge in 2001.Continue reading...
The Archive News for Reading FC has been added below:
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 16:10:43 +0000: Women's team head to Bearwood for squad photo - Reading News
State-of-the-art training facility the stage for 2019-20 squad picture
Soon after the start of the Barclays FA Women's Super League season, Reading FC Women descended upon the club’s new training ground Bearwood Park for their team photo call.
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 14:31:19 +0000: McIntyre on home atmosphere, Blackburn challenge and ‘living the dream’ - Reading News
Defender looks ahead to Rovers’ visit
Back to Madejski Stadium this weekend to host Blackburn Rovers – and centre-half Tom McIntyre is delighted to be back on home soil, where the team have been enjoying the fantastic atmosphere generated by the home support in RG2 this season.
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:02:00 +0000: 📸 Behind the scenes at Bearwood for our 2019-20 squad photo - Reading News
Take a look as the Royals pose up for their official photo call
It was a beautifully sunny day in scenic surroundings at Bearwood Park as the Royals took their official squad photo for the 2019-20 season.
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 11:05:00 +0000: Mind are joining our match this weekend - Reading News
We all have mental health and, just like with our physical health, we need to take care of it. But every year 1 in 4 of us will experience a mental health problem. That’s why we’re proud to be working with Mind, the mental health charity.
- Thu, 19 Sep 2019 10:32:50 +0000: 🎥 Ged, Ed and Tom on exciting Bearwood progress - Reading News
Video feature on transition to our new training
It's not quite time for the whole training setup to move over to Bearwood Park yet - but little by little, our state-of-the-art training facility is developing. And for the very first time, our Academy will be hosting a spate of competitive fixtures this weekend - those pristine pitches will be seeing action.