The Latest QPR FC Transfer News
- Sat, 14 Apr 2018 16:19:58 +0000: Championship results: Cardiff snatch victory at Norwich, Burton stun Derby - Queens Park Rangers
- Thu, 12 Apr 2018 16:40:12 +0000: Every Championship team’s run-in - from hardest to easiest - Queens Park Rangers
- Tue, 10 Apr 2018 21:43:00 +0000: Championship Round-up: Fulham replace Cardiff City in automatic places, Millwall into the play-off places and Queens Park Rangers smash Sheffield Wednesday - Queens Park Rangers
- Mon, 09 Apr 2018 15:48:04 +0000: How the Championship table would look based on 2018 calendar years results only - Queens Park Rangers
- Sat, 07 Apr 2018 17:03:00 +0000: Sky Bet Championship Review: Fulham continue incredible rise thanks to another Mitrovic goal while Barnsley edge five-goal Yorkshire thriller - Queens Park Rangers
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:25:00 +0000: THE HILL OF HELL! - News Feed
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 11:00:00 +0000: 2017/18 HOOPS MEMBERSHIPS NOW ON SALE - News Feed
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:20:00 +0000: READING (A) FIXTURE CHANGE - News Feed
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:00:00 +0000: #RSINPORTUGAL TOUR BLOG I - News Feed
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:20:00 +0000: JORDAN: 'IT'S A FIRST CLASS FACILITY' - News Feed
Queens Park Rangers did a great job last year by cementing their place in England`s top flight for another year and now manager Mark Hughes looks to bolster his squad options during the summer. The club have been linked with many players since the end of the season with many players heading in and out of Loftus Road.
One departure which will not be shock for anyone is the proposed switch of Joey Barton to Sheffield United as manager Dave Jones is said to be extremely keen on bringing Barton into his squad for the upcoming season. Barton has been in the middle of much controversy during the course of last season none more so than the horrible scenes at Eastlands on the last day of the season where he was sent off for a flailing arm which hit Carlos Tevez and then his knee to the back on Sergio Aguero. Mark Hughes is thought to have had enough of his former captain and now wishes to offload the player with the likely destination being with the blades.
Hughes has done great work so far this season with none so astounding as him bringing in former Manchester United midfielder Park Ji Sung after the player had found opportunities for first team football few and far between at Old Trafford. Park who had been at Old Trafford ever since he signed back in 2005 had a great run at united winning eleven trophies during his time with the former champions but as he found it hard to nail down a place in the starting eleven Hughes quickly swooped in and managed to secure the players services for the upcoming season.
QPR fans will again be boosted by the commitment of the Moroccan international Adel Taarbat as the player has now ended all speculation of him leaving the club by choosing to sign a new one year extension to his current contract. Many clubs including mega rich Paris St Germain had been interested in signing the player as his future was not certain but now with this new contract he looks all set to remain at Loftus Road for the foreseeable future.
On the way out of the club is Paddy Kenny who has been QPR`s outstanding goal keeper for many years after the player enjoyed interest from Leeds United who he has just signed a new three year contract with. Hughes is said to have grown less confident in the keepers abilities as of late and this has prompted the keeper to search for a regular place elsewhere.