QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:59:51 +0000: QPR appoint Steve McClaren as new manager on two-year contract - QPR | The Guardian
• 57-year-old ‘excited by challenge’ after replacing Ian Holloway
• McClaren’s most recent role was in Israel with Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Queens Park Rangers have appointed Steve McClaren as manager in place of Ian Holloway, sacked after the club finished 16th in the Championship.
McClaren has agreed a two-year contract at Loftus Road, having briefly worked at QPR as a first-team coach with Harry Redknapp in 2013. The 57-year-old has been away from English football since leaving Derby in March last year, with his last role as a consultant for Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Israel.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 May 2018 15:34:41 +0000: QPR part company with Ian Holloway after underwhelming campaign - QPR | The Guardian
• Steve McClaren linked to QPR job after Holloway departs
• Martin Allen leaves Barnet for a fifth time after relegation
Ian Holloway has left QPR with immediate effect, the Championship club have announced, amid reports that the former England manager Steve McClaren is to replace him.
The 55-year-old joined Rangers for a second spell as manager in November 2016, signing a two-and-a-half year deal. But Holloway has departed with 12 months remaining on his contract after QPR finished 16th in the Championship this season. He oversaw 80 games, winning 26, drawing 14 and losing 40.Continue reading...
- Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:00:09 +0000: QPR owner Tony Fernandes refuses to rule out Ian Holloway departure - QPR | The Guardian
- ‘We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season’
- Owner also makes pledge on stadium in interview on fans’ podcast
Tony Fernandes, the founder of Air Asia and co-chairman of Queens Park Rangers, has graded himself C+ for his work at the club since taking over in August 2011. In a wide-ranging, hour-long interview with the Open All Rs podcast, he also explained why he is so optimistic for the future – though he was non-committal regarding the future of Ian Holloway.
“The manager has had his highs and has had his lows,” Fernandes said. “We’ll have to analyse and say at the end of the season: ‘Are we happy? Is he happy with us as shareholders? Is he happy with the squad? And then you make your decisions from there.”Continue reading...
- Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:19:46 +0000: Roy Bentley obituary - QPR | The Guardian
Innovative England centre-forward who was top scorer and captain when Chelsea won their first league title in 1955
Roy Bentley, who has died aged 93, became the first deep-lying centre-forward in English football, in the style of the Hungarian Nándor Hidegkuti. His inspired wanderings – now dropping back, now moving to the wings – combined with sharp opportunism with head and foot, were a crucial factor in Chelsea’s first league championship win in 1954-55, when he was captain. He scored 21 goals in 41 games that season and altogether amassed 150 goals from 367 appearances for Chelsea, the joint-fifth highest total in the club’s history.
Bentley spent eight years at Stamford Bridge after signing in 1948, finishing top scorer in seven consecutive seasons, and was appointed captain in 1951. His exploits for Chelsea earned him a dozen appearances for England between 1949 and 1955, including two matches in the 1950 World Cup finals in Brazil.Continue reading...
- Wed, 04 Apr 2018 16:23:19 +0000: Ray Wilkins, former England captain – video obituary - QPR | The Guardian
Ray Wilkins, one of England's most capped footballers, has died aged 61. He made 84 England appearances, captaining his country on 10 occasions and scoring three goals. The midfielder played for Chelsea Manchester United, Milan, Rangers and QPR during his lengthy playing career, before his retirement in 1997.Continue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.