QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:05:11 +0000: Eberechi Eze: the young playmaker with the X factor at QPR - QPR | The Guardian
The No 10 has captivated the crowds at Loftus Road and helped Steve McClaren’s side turn their Championship season around
At Loftus Road, there is a new No 10 in town. Eberechi Eze has a long way to go until he is mentioned in the same breath as Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles, but there is no doubting the Queens Park Rangers playmaker’s ability to astound. A buccaneering performer, there are shades of the audacity of Adel Taarabt and the brain of Akos Buzsaky, but Eze is carving out a reputation in his own right as one of the most exciting young talents in the country.
But Eze has not had it easy. Released by Millwall in 2016 the 20-year-old struggled as a youngster, deemed too small by Arsenal before unsuccessful spells with Fulham and Reading. After convincing Chris Ramsey, the QPR technical director, Eze has not looked back since arriving at the club two years ago. He has started all 17 league games under Steve McClaren this season and has been instrumental in their recent turnaround, with QPR now two points off the play-off pack having only picked up one win from their first six Championship matches. The trio of loan signings, Tomer Hemed, Nahki Wells and Geoff Cameron have been equally influential.Continue reading...
- Fri, 26 Oct 2018 20:43:47 +0000: QPR’s Pawel Wszolek gives Aston Villa a lesson in the art of finishing - QPR | The Guardian
Pawel Wszolek stretched QPR’s unbeaten run to five games with the only goal that left Dean Smith’s record since taking charge at Aston Villa reading one win and two defeats.
After losing their first four games, including a 7-1 defeat at West Brom, it has been quite a turnaround for Steve McClaren’s side. They scored when Villa failed to deal with a simple long ball from Geoff Cameron, allowing Wszolek to get a clear run at goal. He latched on to the bouncing ball and fired it in off the bar.Continue reading...
- Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:32:46 +0000: Middlesbrough sweep aside Bolton to keep up pressure on Leeds the leaders - QPR | The Guardian
• QPR continue improvement with win over Millwall
• Nottingham Forest earn second victory of season
Middlesbrough bounced back from their defeat at Norwich and returned to second place in the Championship with a 2-0 home win against Bolton. George Saville’s first-half drive, his first goal for the club, set them on their way and Brit Assombalonga added a second in the 90th minute. Victory puts Tony Pulis’s team a point behind the leaders Leeds. Bolton manager Phil Parkinson felt his players produced a performance Stephen Darby would be proud of.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Aug 2018 16:35:37 +0000: Steve McClaren and QPR off the bottom after Tomer Hemed sinks Wigan - QPR | The Guardian
A relieved Steve McClaren praised the impact of Tomer Hemed and Nahki Wells after the newly signed loan strikers helped QPR secure their first points of the season.
Rangers, hampered by financial fair play restrictions and beaten in all four of McClaren’s previous league games in charge, beat Wigan thanks to Hemed’s controversial 35th-minute winner, which came when Jake Bidwell headed Luke Freeman’s left-wing corner back towards goal. Joel Lynch appeared to nudge Wigan’s Cheyenne Dunkley out of the way, enabling Hemed to hook home.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:57:45 +0000: Steve McClaren and QPR dazed and confused after shambolic start - QPR | The Guardian
Ex-England manager has got off to a dire start at Loftus Road and the 3-0 defeat by Bristol City has led to disquiet among fans
“Shambles.” That’s the word QPR fans Simon, 58, and Reg, 70, quickly settle on when asked to describe the current state of their club. It is exactly the same word that springs from the mouth of 18-year-old Matthew, another supporter awaiting this fixture: a must-win game for the Hoops just four games into a fledgling Championship season.
It is a fair assumption that the subsequent 3-0 home defeat will have done nothing to change their minds. QPR remain bottom of the championship after unravelling in the face of a persistent Bristol City. Matty Taylor’s ruthless opener was followed by a second-half double for Andreas Weimann, with both of the Austrian’s goals made far too easy for him by a shambolic home defence. There’s that word again.Continue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.