QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:32:46 +0000: Middlesbrough sweep aside Bolton to keep up pressure on Leeds the leaders - QPR | The Guardian
• QPR continue improvement with win over Millwall
• Nottingham Forest earn second victory of season
Middlesbrough bounced back from their defeat at Norwich and returned to second place in the Championship with a 2-0 home win against Bolton. George Saville’s first-half drive, his first goal for the club, set them on their way and Brit Assombalonga added a second in the 90th minute. Victory puts Tony Pulis’s team a point behind the leaders Leeds. Bolton manager Phil Parkinson felt his players produced a performance Stephen Darby would be proud of.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Aug 2018 16:35:37 +0000: Steve McClaren and QPR off the bottom after Tomer Hemed sinks Wigan - QPR | The Guardian
A relieved Steve McClaren praised the impact of Tomer Hemed and Nahki Wells after the newly signed loan strikers helped QPR secure their first points of the season.
Rangers, hampered by financial fair play restrictions and beaten in all four of McClaren’s previous league games in charge, beat Wigan thanks to Hemed’s controversial 35th-minute winner, which came when Jake Bidwell headed Luke Freeman’s left-wing corner back towards goal. Joel Lynch appeared to nudge Wigan’s Cheyenne Dunkley out of the way, enabling Hemed to hook home.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Aug 2018 20:57:45 +0000: Steve McClaren and QPR dazed and confused after shambolic start - QPR | The Guardian
Ex-England manager has got off to a dire start at Loftus Road and the 3-0 defeat by Bristol City has led to disquiet among fans
“Shambles.” That’s the word QPR fans Simon, 58, and Reg, 70, quickly settle on when asked to describe the current state of their club. It is exactly the same word that springs from the mouth of 18-year-old Matthew, another supporter awaiting this fixture: a must-win game for the Hoops just four games into a fledgling Championship season.
It is a fair assumption that the subsequent 3-0 home defeat will have done nothing to change their minds. QPR remain bottom of the championship after unravelling in the face of a persistent Bristol City. Matty Taylor’s ruthless opener was followed by a second-half double for Andreas Weimann, with both of the Austrian’s goals made far too easy for him by a shambolic home defence. There’s that word again.Continue reading...
- Sat, 18 Aug 2018 16:17:52 +0000: Matt Phillips at the double in West Brom’s 7-1 dismantling of QPR - QPR | The Guardian
West Brom ran riot in their Championship encounter at The Hawthorns. Six second-half goals meant they romped to victory and leave QPR still looking for their first point of the season.
Matt Phillips had given Albion a 29th-minute lead against his former club only for QPR to equalise five minutes later through Joel Lynch.Continue reading...
- Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:06:57 +0000: Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season - QPR | The Guardian
Aston Villa, Derby and Stoke fans are feeling a lot more positive than their friends at Reading, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Wigan
After a turbulent off-season where administration looked like a real possibility, there is an air of positivity around the club following investment from two billionaires. For a while it looked like we’d have to sell our best players. As that no longer looks to be the case, I’m feeling hopeful. We’ll start the campaign with Jack Grealish, Andre Green and Jonathan Kodjia, who all were out of the side for significant periods last season. We are, however, weakened by the departures of Robert Snodgrass, Sam Johnstone and John Terry. Assuming there are no significant departures, Villa can challenge for a place in the play-offs at the very least. After Cardiff reached the Premier League last season, automatic promotion should not be beyond our wildest dreams. I predict we’ll finish fifth. Josh Smith
Related: Championship 2018-19 season previewContinue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.