QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 22 Feb 2018 11:00:33 +0000: Les Ferdinand: ‘People talk a lot but it’s actions that count after Grenfell’ - QPR | The Guardian
QPR’s director of football is inextricably linked with the disaster after growing up on the same estate – and is passionate about helping victims as well as guiding young players at the club
It has been eight months since the inferno tore through Grenfell Tower, killing 71 people and forcing hundreds from their homes. Of that number, 152 households are still to be rehoused, despite a promise from the prime minister that the process would take no more than three weeks.
“It’s ridiculous to think that these people who lost loved ones, lost friends, are still holed up in hotels,” Les Ferdinand says. “People do a lot of talking about what’s right and what’s wrong but it’s the actions that count. And we’ve not done enough.”
When I first came in the door [at QPR] I talked to some of the players and said: ‘I come from where you come from.' I’ve had some of them knock on the door since and talk to me for hours. Not just about football, about their lifeContinue reading...
- Sun, 21 Jan 2018 18:33:23 +0000: Middlesbrough fan alleged to have urinated in QPR keeper’s water bottle - QPR | The Guardian
• Fan faces day in court after being spotted on social media
• Supporter could also be banned from watching matches
A football fan is facing a day in court after allegedly urinating into the Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Alex Smithies’s water bottle and throwing it back on to the pitch.
The Middlesbrough supporter could now be facing a ban from watching his team, following the incident during Boro’s 3-0 win at Loftus Road on Saturday.Continue reading...
- Mon, 01 Jan 2018 17:16:46 +0000: Paul Smyth scores debut QPR winner as Cardiff suffer fourth straight defeat - QPR | The Guardian
Paul Smyth scored the winner on his QPR debut as Cardiff suffered a fourth consecutive defeat, going down 2-1 at Loftus Road.
Joe Ralls put Cardiff ahead with a penalty nine minutes into the second half after Jake Bidwell was adjudged to have pushed Callum Patterson.Continue reading...
- Fri, 29 Dec 2017 22:03:29 +0000: Championship roundup: Neil Warnock says Cardiff have ‘hit a brick wall’ - QPR | The Guardian
• Tom Clarke sends City to third defeat in a row as Preston snatch winner
• Millwall enjoy 1-0 win over QPR in London derby
The Cardiff manager, Neil Warnock, admitted his team have hit a brick wall after their 1-0 home defeat by Preston, their third straight festive loss.
Tom Clarke’s 90th-minute header gave North End all three points to send Alex Neil’s men to within a point and a place of the Championship’s play-off places.Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 09:47:02 +0000: David Wheeler: on QPR, Grenfell Tower and why he is happy to pay a lot of tax - QPR | The Guardian
David Wheeler plays on the wing for QPR. He is also a university graduate, a columnist and a political campaigner who wants to overhaul British democracy
David Wheeler has uncommon priorities for a professional footballer. The first part of his bio on Twitter reads: “Sports Science Graduate at Brunel University.” The second part reveals that he is also a professional footballer for QPR. Having joined Exeter City from non-league at a relatively late age, and then progressed to the Championship with QPR this summer, Wheeler has a different perspective to most players.
“I can imagine that if you stay in football all the way through from being a kid it is very, very difficult to imagine what it’s like outside of football because you’ve only had that experience. I consider myself quite lucky to have had the experience of going to university and working, doing other things, because you can build empathy with people from different walks of life,” he says.
Related: How to ghost write a football bookContinue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.