QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 01 Jan 2018 17:16:46 +0000: Paul Smyth scores debut QPR winner as Cardiff suffer fourth straight defeat - QPR | The Guardian
Paul Smyth scored the winner on his QPR debut as Cardiff suffered a fourth consecutive defeat, going down 2-1 at Loftus Road.
Joe Ralls put Cardiff ahead with a penalty nine minutes into the second half after Jake Bidwell was adjudged to have pushed Callum Patterson.Continue reading...
- Fri, 29 Dec 2017 22:03:29 +0000: Championship roundup: Neil Warnock says Cardiff have ‘hit a brick wall’ - QPR | The Guardian
• Tom Clarke sends City to third defeat in a row as Preston snatch winner
• Millwall enjoy 1-0 win over QPR in London derby
The Cardiff manager, Neil Warnock, admitted his team have hit a brick wall after their 1-0 home defeat by Preston, their third straight festive loss.
Tom Clarke’s 90th-minute header gave North End all three points to send Alex Neil’s men to within a point and a place of the Championship’s play-off places.Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 Nov 2017 09:47:02 +0000: David Wheeler: on QPR, Grenfell Tower and why he is happy to pay a lot of tax - QPR | The Guardian
David Wheeler plays on the wing for QPR. He is also a university graduate, a columnist and a political campaigner who wants to overhaul British democracy
David Wheeler has uncommon priorities for a professional footballer. The first part of his bio on Twitter reads: “Sports Science Graduate at Brunel University.” The second part reveals that he is also a professional footballer for QPR. Having joined Exeter City from non-league at a relatively late age, and then progressed to the Championship with QPR this summer, Wheeler has a different perspective to most players.
“I can imagine that if you stay in football all the way through from being a kid it is very, very difficult to imagine what it’s like outside of football because you’ve only had that experience. I consider myself quite lucky to have had the experience of going to university and working, doing other things, because you can build empathy with people from different walks of life,” he says.
Related: How to ghost write a football bookContinue reading...
- Sun, 03 Sep 2017 14:59:18 +0000: Grenfell Tower fire victims honoured in charity match at QPR – video - QPR | The Guardian
Stars from the worlds of showbiz, football and athletics teamed up at QPR’s Loftus Road on Saturday in Game4Grenfell, a charity match to raise funds for those affected by the tragedy. Survivors and volunteers talk about their ongoing emotions while Les Ferdinand, Tony Fernandes and Marc Bircham explain why it was so important to honour the victimsContinue reading...
- Sat, 02 Sep 2017 15:54:38 +0000: Game4Grenfell at QPR's Loftus Road – in pictures - QPR | The Guardian
Sport and showbiz stars turn out at Queens Park Rangers’s west London football ground for a charity match to raise funds for Grenfell Tower survivorsContinue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.