QPR Football Club Latest News
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:15:08 +0000: Championship: West Brom fight back to deny QPR, Coventry climb into top two - QPR | The Guardian
- Karlan Grant scores late winner to take Baggies back to top
- Viktor Gyökeres at the double in 3-0 win over Peterborough
Karlan Grant made the difference as West Brom produced a late fightback to beat QPR 2-1 at the Hawthorns on Friday and go back to the top of the Championship.
Rangers went ahead in the first minute when a through ball by Moses Odubajo caught the Albion defence napping, putting Andre Gray clean through. The Wolverhampton-born striker took a touch and slotted the ball past goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:18:53 +0000: QPR’s perfect penalties sink Everton and leave Benítez staring into space - QPR | The Guardian
Seny Dieng thought that he had given QPR the edge. So did the majority inside a stadium that pulsed to the raucous beat of an enthralling Carabao Cup tie, including a pitch invader who made it as far as the centre circle, despite looking a little unsteady on his feet. He would be bundled away.
But what was happening now? Dieng had stood up to Ben Godfrey’s penalty kick for Everton in the second round of sudden death, beating it away, only for the referee, Kevin Friend, to spot that the QPR goalkeeper had left his line. Retake, he said. Godfrey scored and Everton had a lifeline. It was a marginal call by Friend. Everton led 7-6.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Sep 2021 21:46:53 +0000: Championship: Bournemouth sink QPR to climb table, Derby hold West Brom - QPR | The Guardian
- Huddersfield up to fourth in table after 3-0 win at Blackpool
- Ben Brereton Diaz scores fourth of season as Blackburn win
Dominic Solanke’s fifth goal of the season helped Bournemouth to end QPR’s unbeaten record following a 2-1 win in the Championship. The Cherries’ victory sent them joint-top of the table and extends their own unbeaten start after West Brom could only draw 0-0 at home against Derby.
Bournemouth and QPR were two of three teams in the division still yet to lose before the match at the Vitality Stadium, but the visitors made a poor start on the south coast. The centre-back Rob Dickie was easily dispossessed by Jaidon Anthony and the Cherries youngster proceeded to fire home after 12 minutes.Continue reading...
- Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:32:00 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham dominate Stoke; QPR rise to third - QPR | The Guardian
- Marco Silva says leaders can still improve after 3-0 win
- Lyndon Dykes inspires QPR; West Brom leave it late
Marco Silva said there is more to come from Fulham after they swept aside Stoke to maintain their unbeaten start to the Championship season. A comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals from Harry Wilson, Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aleksandar Mitrovic, left the manager believing the margin of victory should have been even greater.
“It was a very good performance from the first minute until the last,” he said. “We should have scored more goals, 1-0 was not enough from the first half with the chances we created. We should be more clinical.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 18 Aug 2021 21:54:25 +0000: Championship roundup: Ten-man QPR edge thriller; Forest beaten again - QPR | The Guardian
- Chris Willock scores QPR winner against Middlesbrough
- Bournemouth beat Birmingham; Derby beat Hull
QPR continued their unbeaten start to the Championship season with a 3-2 win at Middlesbrough despite falling behind and being reduced to 10 men.
Moses Odubajo was shown a second yellow card in the 50th minute. That formed part of a dramatic second half which caught fire when the Middlesbrough captain Jonny Howson turned Lee Wallace’s cross into his own net to cancel out Uche Ikpeazu’s seventh-minute penalty for the hosts.Continue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 11:33:49 +0000: Aramide Oteh: Salford sign former QPR forward on short-term contract - BBC Sport
Salford City sign former Queens Park Rangers forward Aramide Oteh on a short-term contract until January.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:06:40 +0000: West Bromwich Albion 2-1 QPR: Karlan Grant scores twice as Baggies come from behind to return to top - BBC Sport
QPR keeper Seny Dieng gifts West Brom an equaliser as two-goal Karlan Grant's winner puts the Baggies top of the Championship.
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:13:59 +0000: QPR 2-2 Everton (8-7 pens): Rafael Benitez's side knocked out by Championship QPR on penalties - BBC Sport
Championship side QPR upset Everton on penalties, after 2-2 draw, to reach the last 16 of the Carabao Cup.
- Sat, 18 Sep 2021 17:11:03 +0000: Queens Park Rangers 1-2 Bristol City: Nahki Wells scores 93rd-minute winner - BBC Sport
An injury-time Nahki Wells goal gives Bristol City a dramatic victory at Queens Park Rangers.
- Tue, 14 Sep 2021 20:54:09 +0000: Bournemouth 2-1 Queens Park Rangers: Jaidon Anthony stars for Cherries - BBC Sport
Jaidon Anthony scores one and sets up the other as Bournemouth inflict QPR's first defeat of the season to go joint top of the Championship.