QPR Football Club Latest News 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 23 Mar 2019 12:00:07 +0000: Harry Redknapp is playing a familiar tune to disown Birmingham’s blues | Daniel Taylor - QPR | The Guardian
Birmingham’s owners brought the points deduction on themselves with some preposterous decisions. But why do these things keep happening to Harry?
Harry Redknapp used to tell a story, going back to his days as the manager of West Ham, that probably sums up why so many people within the industry, even those who are fond of his ways, usually take the policy that he can be pretty brazen sometimes when it comes to blurring the lines between the truth and, well, the other bits.
It goes back to the days when Slaven Bilic was a player at the club and had a buyout clause in his contract that allowed him to leave for £2.5m. Bilic had become disillusioned playing for a struggling team, where there was no money for elite signings, and went to see Redknapp one day to say he had been told Spurs wanted to pay the release fee.
How can you even begin to explain the club’s owners' decision not to impose salary restrictions on new signings?Continue reading...
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - QPR | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
- Tue, 26 Feb 2019 22:40:25 +0000: Championship roundup: Leeds miss chance to go top as QPR edge shock win - QPR | The Guardian
• Marcelo Bielsa remains bullish after Luke Freeman’s winner
• ‘Magnificent’ Birmingham beat Bristol City; Hull sink Millwall
The Leeds manager, Marcelo Bielsa, insisted there is no prospect of his team running out of steam in the promotion race after they were beaten 1-0 at Queens Park Rangers.
Having dominated most of the first half, the visitors were undone three minutes into the second when Luke Freeman flicked the ball home after being set up by Massimo Luongo. A win would have taken Bielsa’s side top and, when asked if he feared Leeds might fade during the crucial final stage of the season, the coach said: “Your question does not have any basis because if you watch the game you can see that this team has much energy. What our team has shown in every game is that we have an excess of energy.Continue reading...
- Mon, 18 Feb 2019 08:27:37 +0000: FA Cup fifth round: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - QPR | The Guardian
Imperilled Millwall deliver a breath of fresh air, Yves Bissouma shines and Wolves’ old boys offer a platform for the revamp
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:15:09 +0000: The Dozen: the best FA Cup fifth round pictures - QPR | The Guardian
Images from around the grounds as teams vie for a place in the quarter-finalsContinue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.