QPR Football Club Latest News
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 12:47:27 +0000: Junior Agogo, former Ghana and Bristol Rovers forward, dies aged 40 - QPR | The Guardian
- Striker also played for Nottingham Forest and QPR
- Agogo suffered a stroke in 2015, two years after retirement
The former Ghana international Junior Agogo has died at the age of 40.
Agogo was born in Accra but made his professional debut for Sheffield Wednesday during the 1998-99 season. He played only two games for the Owls and had loan spells at Oldham, Chester, Chesterfield and Lincoln before moving to the US with Chicago Fire in 2000.Continue reading...
- Thu, 15 Aug 2019 18:51:24 +0000: Queens Park Rangers deny that youth player spat to provoke racist abuse - QPR | The Guardian
• Rangers have contacted Fifa over incident in Spain
• AD Nervión president admits his player made remark
Queens Park Rangers have rejected an allegation from the president of AD Nervión that one of their under-18 players spat in the face of an opponent and provoked the racist abuse that culminated in QPR walking off during a friendly in Spain.Continue reading...
- Thu, 15 Aug 2019 10:46:42 +0000: QPR urge Uefa to act strongly over racist abuse in under-18 game in Spain - QPR | The Guardian
• Team left pitch in protest of abuse in Andalucía last week
• QPR’s chief executive praises players and staff for their actions
Queens Park Rangers have called on Uefa to take stronger action against racism after their under-18 team were forced to leave the pitch during a recent friendly in Spain.
QPR say all 11 youth players walked off in the second half of a match against AD Nervión last Thursday after members of the team were subjected to monkey noises and racist abuse from their opponents.
Racism has no space in any of my thinking. What happened in Spain to my under 18 players is a disgrace. But what is worse is the response of @UEFA who just said they would inform the Spanish FA. They should take a much harder line. #StopRacismContinue reading...
- Fri, 09 Aug 2019 17:03:00 +0000: Mark Prince: ‘Kiyan represents all those kids who are buried too early’ - QPR | The Guardian
QPR’s ground is to be named the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium after the charity set up by his father in memory of his murdered 15-year-old son, a former QPR youth player
“I’ll feel the whole spectrum of emotions,” admits Dr Mark Prince. “But more than that, it’s victory. Every teardrop has been worth it. Every night I can’t sleep it’s been worth it because my son’s name will forever be connected with helping the youth with the same mindset that killed him.”
It’s more than 13 years since Kiyan Prince – a talented youth player who had joined Queens Park Rangers two years earlier – was stabbed to death by a fellow pupil after trying to break up a fight outside the gates of his school in Edgware, north-west London. On Saturday, his father will attend QPR’s first home match of the season, against Huddersfield, as guest of honour after 63% of supporters voted to name the club’s Loftus Road stadium after the charity he set up in the wake of Kiyan’s death.Continue reading...
- Wed, 31 Jul 2019 10:00:40 +0000: Championship 2019-20 season preview - QPR | The Guardian
Fulham could bounce straight back with their four-man attack while Leeds are sure to be in the promotion mix and Neil Warnock’s Cardiff are not to be ignored
There may not be an overwhelming favourite for automatic promotion but certain teams appear streets ahead in the firepower stakes. None more so than Fulham, who will likely start with an attacking diamond of Aleksandar Mitrovic, a Premier League striker in all but name, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Tom Cairney, a player capable of running games in this division. Fulham deservedly took flak for their lavish and directionless spending last summer but it is impossible to ignore their latest business. They were, though, a soft touch in defence last season, so Scott Parker still has plenty to address, and the expectation will prove a test of his credentials.Continue reading...
The News Archives for QPR have been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:37:49 +0000: Blackburn sign QPR midfielder Gladwin - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Blackburn sign midfielder Ben Gladwin from Queens Park Rangers for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
- Fri, 19 May 2017 11:41:05 +0000: Mackie signs QPR contract extension - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
QPR forward Jamie Mackie signs a one-year contract extension to stay at the club until the end of next season.
- Wed, 17 May 2017 12:15:24 +0000: QPR Financial Fair Play row set for end - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Queens Park Rangers | BBC
Queens Park Rangers' three-year battle with the Football League over their Financial Fair Play sanction is due to be resolved in June.