The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:01:07 +0000: ‘A great addition’: Aston Villa seal record signing of Norwich’s Emiliano Buendía - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Midfielder joins for Villa record £30m plus add-ons
- Dean Smith describes Buendía as ‘an exciting signing’
Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of the midfielder Emiliano Buendía from Norwich for a club record £30m plus add-ons that could take the fee to £40m.
Buendía was Norwich’s player of the season as they won the Championship last season, scoring 15 goals and registering 16 assists. He has signed a five-year deal after completing his medical and finalising terms following Argentina’s World Cup qualifier against Colombia.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:44:31 +0000: Norwich City axe BK8 sponsorship deal over sexualised marketing - Norwich City | The Guardian
- £5m deal terminated after widespread fan outrage
- Club apologise after U-turn: ‘We got it wrong’
Norwich City have ditched their new sponsor after a revolt by fans over the gambling company’s sexualised marketing.
On Saturday, the club announced a one-year contract with BK8, an online casino targeted at Asian markets but apparently registered in Malta. The deal, believed to be worth £5m, provoked dissatisfaction among a number of fans unhappy at having a gambling sponsor, and one with an obscure financial structure.Continue reading...
- Sat, 05 Jun 2021 17:38:32 +0000: Aston Villa agree £30m deal for Norwich midfielder Emiliano Buendía - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Buendía has a medical in Argentina
- Add-ons could take the total fee paid to £40m
Aston Villa are to set to make Emiliano Buendía their record signing after Norwich accepted a bid of £30m plus add-ons that could take the final fee to £40m.
The midfielder, who received his first Argentina call-up last month, was the outstanding player in the Championship last season as his goals and assists helped Norwich return to the Premier League at the first attempt.Continue reading...
- Fri, 30 Apr 2021 11:00:32 +0000: Emi Buendía: ‘Messi asked do I want to play for Spain or Argentina?’ | Ben Fisher - Norwich City | The Guardian
Six years on from catching the Barcelona great’s eye the inspirational Norwich midfielder is relishing a Premier League return
Six years ago Barcelona were coasting at the Camp Nou, five goals into a 6-0 destruction of Getafe, but before the second half began Lionel Messi covered his mouth and encouraged a then 18-year-old midfielder, who had represented Spain at youth level a month earlier, to switch allegiances. “I maybe did something good to impress him,” Emi Buendía says, smiling. “He asked: ‘What do you want to do? Do you want to play for Spain or Argentina?’ Quickly I said: ‘Of course I want to play for Argentina. I want to play with you – it is a dream.’”Continue reading...
- Tue, 20 Apr 2021 22:19:55 +0000: Watford take giant step to Premier League return with win at Norwich - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Dan Gosling winner puts Watford nine points clear in second
- Brentford held by Cardiff, Swansea beaten at home by QPR
Watford took a giant step towards automatic promotion from the Championship as they beat the promoted leaders Norwich at Carrow Road. Dan Gosling’s winner moved the Hornets nine points clear in second after Swansea lost at home to QPR and Brentford drew with Cardiff.
Xisco’s side bounced back from a shock defeat at Luton in the best possible fashion as Dan Gosling’s second-half goal earned them a priceless victory. For Norwich, this was a second home defeat in four days since booking their Premier League return. Daniel Farke’s team could have secured the title with a win, but are still five points clear of Watford with three games to play.
Leaders Hull twice came from a goal down to earn a 2-2 draw against Sunderland. The Black Cats went ahead through Jordan Jones' early goal before being pegged back by Josh Magennis. Grant Leadbitter restored Sunderland's lead from the penalty spot but Magennis struck again midway through the second half to earn the hosts a point.
Southend look doomed to non-league football after a 2-0 defeat by Colchester. The Shrimpers, who have been a league club since 1920, are eight points from safety with only three games remaining after first-half goal from Michael Folivi and Harry Pell sealed defeat against their Essex rivals.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:49:44 +0000: Emiliano Buendia signs five-year Aston Villa deal in £33m move from Norwich - BBC Sport
Aston Villa's record £33m signing Emiliano Buendia is welcomed as a "great addition" by boss Dean Smith after signing a five-year deal.
- Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:06:50 +0000: Norwich City: Premier League club say sorry and cancels controversial sponsor deal - BBC Sport
Norwich City say sorry to their supporters after confirming they have cancelled a controversial sponsorship deal.
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 17:09:24 +0000: Norwich City have new shirt sponsor remove adult content from social media accounts - BBC Sport
Norwich City have their new shirt sponsor remove sexually provocative posts from one of its social media accounts after a backlash from fans.
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 09:58:24 +0000: Emiliano Buendia: Aston Villa agree club-record £33m deal for Norwich City midfielder - BBC Sport
Aston Villa agree a club-record deal worth an initial £33m for Norwich City midfielder Emiliano Buendia.
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 14:25:37 +0000: Emi Buendia: Arsenal and Aston Villa interested in Norwich City playmaker - BBC Sport
Arsenal, Aston Villa and a European club are interested in signing Norwich City attacking midfielder Emi Buendia.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.