The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:45:22 +0000: Norwich cap Carrow Road tickets at £30 for Premier League return - Norwich City | The Guardian
• ‘We shouldn’t price people out of football,’ say promoted club
• Carrow Road’s 27,000 capacity will pay £30 or under
Norwich have capped ticket prices at £30 on their return to the top flight, reviving the issue of accessible pricing for fans in the Premier League.
Norwich have announced that every home game will see 1,500 tickets available for sale at £30 to casual home fans which, alongside 22,000 season tickets, will make up the home allocation at the 27,000-capacity Carrow Road. The £30 figure matches the cap levied by the Premier League on away tickets since 2016.Continue reading...
- Wed, 29 May 2019 12:37:23 +0000: Who makes our Football League teams of the season for 2018-19? - Norwich City | The Guardian
We select an XI from the Championship and Leagues One and Two, plus a manager for each
Goalkeeper: Dean Henderson (Sheffield United) The Manchester United loanee is on Gareth Southgate’s radar after a league-high 21 clean sheets. Another outstanding season away from his parent club after shining at Shrewsbury.Continue reading...
- Mon, 06 May 2019 15:35:12 +0000: Norwich’s promotion celebrations stall as parade bus breaks down - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Championship winners forced on to alternative transport
• Norwich’s Kenny McLean proclaims himself as new mayor
Norwich City’s fairytale season finally suffered the briefest of hitches after the club’s celebratory bus broke down during Monday’s victory parade around the city.
The Championship winners finished the season with 94 points after beating Aston Villa 2-1 on Sunday and were all set to celebrate their triumph with a special Norwich-styled bus adorned with the slogan “We Are Premier League” on the side. Unfortunately the special vehicle was faulty and the bulk of the parade was completed in a standard red tourist bus.Continue reading...
- Sun, 05 May 2019 13:50:44 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich take title, Boro and Bristol City miss play-offs - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Leeds United take third despite losing to bottom club Ipswich
• Middlesbrough win and Bristol City draw but both miss top six
Norwich City’s manager, Daniel Farke, admitted that winning the Championship title was “the icing on the cake” following Sunday’s 2-1 victory at Aston Villa. Chris Wilder’s Sheffield United came from behind to level at 2-2 at Stoke but had to be content with automatic promotion and second place.Continue reading...
- Tue, 30 Apr 2019 12:42:37 +0000: When Norwich dreamed of Europe but settled for promotion - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich have been brilliant this season but their promotion to the top flight in 1986 takes some beating for drama
As spring turned to summer in 1985, Norwich fans must have been emotionally drained. In March, the football Gods shone on them as they beat local rivals Ipswich in the League Cup semi-finals and then won the final against Sunderland to qualify for Europe for the first time in their history. But all that glory and hope would be taken away by the end of May.
Norwich’s league form collapsed after their big day out at Wembley, with a run of eight defeats in nine games sending them towards the relegation zone. Their season was in danger of falling apart but a win at Chelsea in their final game left them on 49 points, surely enough to keep them up. They just had to hope that Coventry, who still had three games to play, didn’t win them all.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.