The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:26:24 +0000: Teemu Pukki shatters Bolton to keep Norwich top after Ameobi’s red - Norwich City | The Guardian
Teemu Pukki struck a dramatic stoppage-time winner as Norwich beat Bolton at Carrow Road to stay top of the Championship.
The Canaries looked to have thrown away the chance to take three points when they let a two-goal lead slip – Bolton’s Mark Beevers equalising with just two minutes of normal time remaining. But top scorer Pukki powered home from just outside the area to maintain a remarkable record that has seen City win eight and draw one of their past nine games.Continue reading...
- Sat, 01 Dec 2018 18:04:59 +0000: Championship: Norwich reclaim top spot, Abraham on the mark again - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Norwich overturn early deficit in 3-1 defeat of Rotherham
- Tammy Abraham strikes as Aston Villa humble Middlesbrough
After Leeds took themselves top with a lunchtime win at Sheffield United, Norwich reclaimed their place at the Championship summit by coming from behind to beat Rotherham 3-1. Richie Towell’s early strike prompted the hosts to reply via two academy graduates, Todd Cantwell and Max Aarons, the latter finishing a sparkling team move. A late third from Teemu Pukki, his 11th of the season, made sure of a win that lengthened the hosts’ Carrow Road winning streak and left the struggling visitors 20th.
In the late kickoff, third-placed Middlesbrough lost vital ground when they were humbled 3-0 at home to Aston Villa. James Chester took advantage of a Darren Randolph flap to prod Villa into the lead, Tammy Abraham scored his fifth goal in four days with a tap-in just after the hour mark and the result was made sure late on when Randolph allowed a tame shot by Glenn Whelan to squirm past him into the net.
Birmingham 3-0 Preston, Blackburn 4-2 Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton 1-1 Wigan, Derby 2-1 Swansea, Norwich 3-1 Rotherham, Nottingham Forest 2-0 Ipswich, QPR 2-3 Hull, Reading 2-2 Stoke, Sheffield United 0-1 Leeds, Middlesbrough E-E Aston Villa.Continue reading...
- Tue, 27 Nov 2018 23:29:44 +0000: Football League: Peacock-Farrell’s penalty save helps Leeds hurdle Boro - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Middlesbrough draw at Preston to miss chance of going top
• Leeds one point off top after leaders Norwich draw 0-0 at Hull
Stuart Dallas scored the winner and Bailey Peacock-Farrell saved a last-gasp penalty as Leeds kept the pressure on Championship leaders Norwich with a 1-0 victory over struggling Reading at Elland Road.
United improved after the interval, as they did against Bristol City on Saturday, and the Royals finally buckled under the pressure as Dallas struck on the hour mark.
- Sat, 24 Nov 2018 19:50:00 +0000: Swansea exposed after Emiliano Buendía sparks Norwich romp - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich extended their winning streak to six matches as Daniel Farke’s free-scoring side cemented their hold on the Championship summit after strolling to victory at Swansea.
It was an imperious performance and another attacking masterclass with Norwich flaunting their firepower by running in four goals for a third consecutive game. Three goals in a 21-minute burst overwhelmed Swansea before Daniel James pulled a goal back but Teemu Pukki scored his 10th of the season after the break to put the gloss on a superb display and curb optimism in south Wales.Continue reading...
- Sat, 10 Nov 2018 17:44:18 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich go top after incredible finale against Millwall - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Canaries score twice in injury time to snatch victory
• Aston Villa beat Derby 3-0 in Lampard v Terry meeting
Jordan Rhodes and Teemu Pukki struck in stoppage time as Norwich recorded an incredible 4-3 victory over Millwall at Carrow Road in the Championship.
Having thrown away a 2-1 lead in the closing stages to fall 3-2 behind, the Canaries clinched a fifth successive league win in dramatic circumstances.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.