The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 09:15:21 +0000: Ancelotti recalls Champions League final defeat after Everton's late collapse – video - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Carlo Ancelotti shared sympathies with his Everton players after they gave away a 2-0 lead to Newcastle in the final minute of injury-time. ‘I lost the Champions League final after winning 3-0, it happens,’ said the Everton manager after the 2-2 draw. In 2005, Carlo Ancelotti managed a Milan side into the Champions League final to face Liverpool. Despite being 3-0 to the good at half-time, his side would infamously go on to lose on penalties to Rafa Benitez’s LiverpoolContinue reading...
- Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:45:47 +0000: Newcastle’s Florian Lejeune strikes twice to grab dramatic draw at Everton - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Carlo Ancelotti clasped his hands to his chest in sheer disbelief. He was not alone. The Everton manager has inherited a team with a reputation for throwing points away but this was a spectacular and staggering implosion even by their standards. Two goals up in the 94th minute, in complete control against a Newcastle team devoid of attacking intent or options, yet held to a draw thanks to two goals in the final seconds from Florian Lejeune.
Steve Bruce cavorted on to the pitch in celebration of the heist before offering a sheepish handshake to his counterpart. “I lost the final of the Champions League after being 3-0 up,” the former Milan manager said. “So it can happen sometimes.” It seems to happen to Everton frequently.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 16:56:37 +0000: Nabil Bentaleb has Newcastle medical after agreeing Premier League return - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Former Spurs midfielder set to join on loan from Schalke
• Inter’s Lazaro also a target; Willems and Dummett out for season
The Algeria international Nabil Bentaleb had a medical at Newcastle United on Monday afternoon ahead of a loan move from Schalke until the end of the season.
Bentaleb is surplus to the requirements of Schalke’s manager, David Wagner, and the 25-year-old former Tottenham midfielder is keen to return to England. Bentaleb swapped Spurs for the Bundesliga in February 2017 but has not featured for Schalke since March 2019 when, due to disciplinary issues, he was removed from the first-team squad.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:51:54 +0000: The Dozen: Pickford flies and red skies – best Premier League photos - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s actionContinue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 08:32:17 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Grealish, Saka and Chalobah shine in draws, while Newcastle are ready for reinforcements after a late win
Arsenal’s injury problems at left‑back have led them to explore signing Layvin Kurzawa from Paris Saint-Germain. But what if the solution lies closer to home? Bukayo Saka is 18 and earlier this season was being rightly lauded for his rich promise as a flying winger. But he has filled in at full‑back four times in the past month, most recently against Sheffield United on Saturday, and looks the part. Saka is tenacious, diligent, has speed and energy to burn and a knack of picking out teammates with his deliveries. “I think he could,” Mikel Arteta said when asked if Saka could carve out a long-term future in the role. “He is someone that’s never played there before but he’s really trying to do it as well as possible. You can see that he’s got many strengths to play in that position.” Club and manager might have hit upon something far more exciting than they expected. Nick AmesContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:04:10 +0000: Taxman's football raid 'may be unlawful' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
HMRC officers seized documents from Newcastle United as part of a tax fraud investigation.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:36 +0000: Newcastle keeper Sels joins Anderlecht - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Newcastle United goalkeeper Matz Sels joins Belgian champions Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:35:31 +0000: Cisse leads tributes at Tiote memorial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Papiss Cisse leads the tributes at a memorial for former Newcastle team-mate Cheick Tiote, who died after collapsing in training in China.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.