The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 27 May 2019 16:38:00 +0000: Sheikh Khaled has ‘agreed terms’ to buy Newcastle United from Mike Ashley - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Newcastle confirm talks over £350m sale are going ahead
• Sheikh Khaled believed to be keen on retaining Rafael Benítez
Mike Ashley is negotiating the £350m sale of Newcastle to Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirates. The news has produced much excitement on Tyneside but, despite reports in the Gulf it is a done deal, there could still be a considerable distance to be covered.
While Newcastle have privately confirmed talks are continuing, Midhat Kidwai, the managing director of Sheikh Khaled’s organisation, said on Monday night that “terms have been agreed”.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 May 2019 16:05:00 +0000: Newcastle fan gets banning order for racially abusing Liverpool players - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Fan lands five-year banning order and indefinite club ban
• Supporter caught in an undercover stewarding operation
A 57-year-old Newcastle United fan has received a five-year football banning order after being convicted of racially abusing Liverpool players during a Premier League match at St James’ Park this month.
Michael Collins, from Richmond, North Yorkshire, was found guilty of racially aggravated harassment at North Tyneside magistrates court and received both the banning order and a £550 fine. Newcastle United have banned him from St James’ Park indefinitely.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 17:25:54 +0000: Rafael Benítez presses Mike Ashley to change Newcastle’s transfer policy - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Benítez’s contract talks hinge on his freedom in transfer market
• Manager wants to secure Rondón and has been linked to Mata
After seven days of negotiations Rafael Benítez and Mike Ashley are still attempting to reach a deal to extend the Spaniard’s contract as Newcastle United’s manager.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 May 2019 11:42:03 +0000: Premier League 2018-19 review: our predictions versus reality - Newcastle United | The Guardian
We thought Manchester City would pip Liverpool to the title, but we also said Watford would go down
What we said: “Pep Guardiola’s talented side look well placed to become the first team to retain the Premier League title since Manchester United did it in 2009.”Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:04:10 +0000: Taxman's football raid 'may be unlawful' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
HMRC officers seized documents from Newcastle United as part of a tax fraud investigation.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:36 +0000: Newcastle keeper Sels joins Anderlecht - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Newcastle United goalkeeper Matz Sels joins Belgian champions Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:35:31 +0000: Cisse leads tributes at Tiote memorial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Papiss Cisse leads the tributes at a memorial for former Newcastle team-mate Cheick Tiote, who died after collapsing in training in China.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.