The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 02 Apr 2020 11:00:48 +0000: Pay cuts, furlough or deferrals: what are the Premier League clubs doing? - Newcastle United | The Guardian
From Arsenal to Wolves, we look at what the clubs are doing regarding pay for players, non-playing staff and casual staff
Arsenal continue to monitor the situation regarding player and staff wages and are playing an active role in the Premier League’s discussions. But there has been no decision taken and the focus has been on ensuring casual employees are looked after. All will be paid as normal until 30 April with the situation reviewed thereafter. Full-time employees were paid for the month on 27 March, as expected. For now there is little appetite to make redundancies. Nick AmesContinue reading...
- Wed, 01 Apr 2020 12:41:28 +0000: Premier League clubs accused of 'moral vacuum' over pay during virus crisis - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Politicians angry at cuts to non-playing staff wages
- Players’ pay to be discussed on Wednesday
Premier League football has been accused of operating in a “moral vacuum” after clubs cut wages or furloughed non-playing staff but continued to pay players their full wage.
Before a meeting on Wednesday at which the Premier League, English Football League and Professional Footballers’ Association will continue talks regarding pay, there was outspoken criticism from politicians.Continue reading...
- Mon, 30 Mar 2020 14:23:42 +0000: Newcastle become first Premier League club to put staff on furlough - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Move applies to all non-first-team staff amid coronavirus
- Saudi-led consortium tries to push on with takeover plans
- Coronavirus – latest updates | See all our coronavirus coverage
As talk of a £340m Saudi Arabian takeover was revived, Newcastle became the first Premier League club to put all non-first-team staff on furlough.
Employees received emails from the managing director, Lee Charnley, on Monday explaining that football’s enforced shutdown dictated they would need to apply to the government’s coronavirus job retention scheme, which allows staff to claim 80% of their wages, to a maximum of £2,500 per month.Continue reading...
- Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:05:31 +0000: Newcastle fans angry with club for not halting season-ticket payments - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Club accused of failing to offer support at difficult time
- Affected fans understood to be on special cheaper deals
Newcastle fans have accused the club of a lack of flexibility over season-ticket payments for next season.
Toon for Change and the Newcastle United Supporters Trust claim the club has declined requests to freeze or suspend direct debits despite the financial damage and uncertainty regarding match scheduling caused by the coronavirus emergency.Continue reading...
- Fri, 20 Mar 2020 22:30:20 +0000: Andy Carroll leads Newcastle squad whip-round to get kit man new hip - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- George Ramshaw back working with club after surgery
- ‘I’m eternally grateful … it’s champion,’ says assistant kit man
Andy Carroll has had no shortage of criticism over the years – some of it deserved – but George Ramshaw refuses to hear a bad word about the Newcastle United striker.
A fortnight before football’s coronavirus-induced shutdown, Newcastle’s assistant kit man returned to work at the club’s training ground with a spring in his step. Thanks to a whip-round of Steve Bruce’s first-teamers, initiated by Carroll, Ramshaw had a new hip.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:04:10 +0000: Taxman's football raid 'may be unlawful' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
HMRC officers seized documents from Newcastle United as part of a tax fraud investigation.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:36 +0000: Newcastle keeper Sels joins Anderlecht - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Newcastle United goalkeeper Matz Sels joins Belgian champions Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:35:31 +0000: Cisse leads tributes at Tiote memorial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Papiss Cisse leads the tributes at a memorial for former Newcastle team-mate Cheick Tiote, who died after collapsing in training in China.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.