Manchester United Latest News
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:13:08 +0000: Transfer roundup: Daley Blind set to leave Manchester United for Ajax - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Clubs reportedly agree £14.1m fee for Dutch international
• West Ham sign £3.5m Paraguay defender Fabian Balbuena
Manchester United’s Daley Blind is set for a return to Ajax after the two clubs reportedly agreed a £14.1m fee for the defender.
Blind made 141 appearances in four seasons at Old Trafford after leaving Ajax in 2014, but only played seven Premier League matches last term for José Mourinho’s side.Continue reading...
- Wed, 11 Jul 2018 21:30:23 +0000: Paul Pogba and France finally primed to atone for Euro 2016 | David Hytner - Manchester United | The Guardian
• ‘We have started our dream and now we need to finish it’
• Pogba one of only six survivors from defeat by Portugal
It was an impassioned soliloquy from Paul Pogba and one that bears retelling precisely as he performed it. The France midfielder could revel in one of the most beautiful triumphs of his career – the 1-0 World Cup semi‑final win against Belgium on Tuesday night – and the release of emotion was palpable.Continue reading...
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 10:00:40 +0000: Casey Stoney: ‘There’s no bigger club to work for than Manchester United’ - Manchester United | The Guardian
The former England international has a grand vision as first manager of United’s women’s team
“I think this club has the ability to change the face of women’s football.” That is a bold claim but, coming from someone with the playing career and influence of the proponent, it feels very believable.
Less than a year ago the England defender Casey Stoney was pulling on a Liverpool shirt having joined the club from Arsenal the previous December. Now, she is sitting in Manchester United’s impressive Carrington training ground preparing to lead their long-awaited women’s team into their maiden season. It seems a quick turnaround and, for Stoney, not one she could have imagined: “Not in my wildest dreams, to be honest,” she smiles.
I want my players to be happy, but I want them to be challenged, so I’ll and put them in uncomfortable positionsContinue reading...
- Fri, 29 Jun 2018 09:00:35 +0000: Why Wayne Rooney is joining MLS's worst club, DC United - Manchester United | The Guardian
The former England captain will find himself at a faded North American superpower. But they hope he will be the face of their climb back to the top
Wayne Rooney made his first visit to Washington DC earlier this month. Had he picked up a newspaper he’d have been faced with images of sporting celebration in the city. The Washington Capitals’ victorious run to the Stanley Cup final captivated his new hometown, not always the most obvious of sporting hotbeds.
ESPN analyst Michael Wilbon once called Washington a “minor league sports town,” but over 100,000 fans attended the Caps’ victory parade on 12 June. DC United, the team Rooney has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract with, haven’t registered in this way for a long time, if ever.Continue reading...
- Wed, 27 Jun 2018 08:17:46 +0000: Manchester United hopeful Marouane Fellaini will make U-turn and sign deal - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Fellaini understood to have told Belgium colleagues he will stay
• Midfielder had been expected to leave after refusing terms
Manchester United are hopeful a breakthrough has been achieved in negotiations with Marouane Fellaini and that the midfielder will make a U-turn and sign a new contract.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.