The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 19:00:14 +0000: From Craig Cathcart to André Gomes: 10 underrated Premier League players - Manchester City | The Guardian
Underrated they may be but from the Premier League’s unsung heroes are quietly going about their business
Nomination for the October player of the month award (well, one of them – he made the PFA’s shortlist, but not the official Premier League-endorsed version) showed that Duffy’s sterling performances are being noticed. Since being named man of the match in the 3-2 win over Manchester United in August, the 6ft 3in centre-back has been vital to Brighton’s good form, scoring vital goals against United and Southampton and being responsible for more clearances (96) and more clearances off the line (two) than any other top-flight player. The five-year contract he signed last month was reward for his efforts. “We’re conscious of how well he’s done for us,” said Chris Hughton, “and it’s a good opportunity for this club to protect an asset.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 11:21:28 +0000: David Squires on … Mourinho, Ederson and all the Manchester derby fallout - Manchester City | The Guardian
Our resident cartoonist picks over the bones of Manchester City’s 3-1 victory over their city rivalsContinue reading...
- Tue, 13 Nov 2018 10:15:09 +0000: Uefa warns Manchester City it could reopen FFP investigation from 2014 - Manchester City | The Guardian
• City were fined £49m for breaching rules
• Uefa says case could be reopened in light of recent allegations
Uefa has warned Manchester City it may reopen its 2014 Financial Fair Play (FFP) investigation into the club. Citing documents and emails provided by the whistleblowing platform Football Leaks, German magazine Der Spiegel has published a series of articles over the past 10 days accusing City’s Abu Dhabi owners of trying to circumvent European football’s FFP rules.Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:43:00 +0000: Nicky Butt: Manchester United have daunting task to overhaul City - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Old Trafford academy manager admits City ‘better than us’
• ‘We want to be biggest club in the country, but also the city’
Nicky Butt has admitted Manchester United face a daunting task to restore themselves as “the biggest club in the country but also in the city” after witnessing the staggering progress made by their rivals Manchester City over the past decade.
United’s academy manager, who won six Premier League titles and a Champions League there as a player, was speaking 24 hours after his club’s 3-1 defeat in the derby. That victory took City, the reigning champions, 12 points clear of United.Continue reading...
- Mon, 12 Nov 2018 22:15:00 +0000: Rock-solid John Stones shows quiet magnificence for Manchester City | Barney Ronay - Manchester City | The Guardian
The England defender, who has regularly been picked out for his mistakes in the past, often goes unnoticed when at his best
John Stones didn’t make much of an impression in the Manchester derby: didn’t register on the headline stats, wasn’t singled out in the post-match montage, didn’t come steaming across to launch a heroic goal-bound siege-tackle, or head the ball away with a conical white bandage twined around his bloodstained brow.
This is usually a good sign when it comes to Stones, a player who only ever seems to get picked out when he makes a mistake, and whose recent run of form in a reconfigured defence provides another convincing argument City may just be ready to reach down and hit a deeper gear this season.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.