The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:02:49 +0000: Rodri confident he can add physical presence to Manchester City - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Blues spent record £62.8m to sign Atlético Madrid midfielder
• Guardiola sees Rodri as long-term replacement for Fernandinho
Rodri believes he will add physical presence and attacking threat to the Manchester City team. Despite winning a domestic treble last season, City still felt the need to recruit over the summer, spending a club record £62.8m to sign the Spain midfielder from Atlético Madrid.
Identified primarily for his defensive qualities, Rodri was seen by Pep Guardiola as the ideal cover, and long-term replacement, for Fernandinho and, at 6ft 3in, he also brings something different.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 14:23:53 +0000: Manchester City accused of being ‘disrespectful’ by Chinese state media - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Xinhua news agency says tour was ‘commercial obligation’
• City played matches in Shanghai and Nanjing
Manchester City have been accused of being disrespectful and arrogant by China’s state-run press agency after their appearance at the Asia Trophy last week.
City lost on penalties against Wolves in the final of the pre-season tournament on Saturday in Shanghai after seeing off West Ham 4-1 in Nanjing last week. But while City were hoping their performances would cement their growing popularity in the country, an editorial with the headline “Chinese fans’ love for Man City goes unreciprocated on home soil” on Xinhua’s English language website on Monday appeared to suggest their conduct on the tour had produced the opposite effect.Continue reading...
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 14:59:20 +0000: Wolves edge Manchester City in Premier League Asia Trophy shootout - Manchester City | The Guardian
- Wolves 0-0 Manchester City (3-2 on penalties)
- Rui Patrício saves three penalties in Shanghai friendly
Rui Patrício saved three penalties as Wolverhampton Wanderers defeated English champions Manchester City to claim the Premier League Asia Trophy 3-2 in a penalty shootout in Shanghai on Saturday.
The Portuguese goalkeeper kept out spot-kicks from Ilkay Gündogan, David Silva and Lukas Nmecha as Nuno Espírito Santo’s Wolves side won the four-team pre-season tournament, which also featured Newcastle United and West Ham United, after the game ended goalless after 90 minutes.Continue reading...
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:00:21 +0000: The long campaign: Mané and Mahrez seasons finally end after 11 months - Manchester City | The Guardian
After 342 days the season has finished for the Afcon finalists – three weeks before the Premier League restarts
The season finally finished for Sadio Mané and Riyad Mahrez with Friday’s Africa Cup of Nations final, more than 11 months after it started and three weeks before their clubs open their Premier League campaigns.
Mané’s appearance for Senegal was his 55th of a season that began with Liverpool on 12 August 2018 and has seen him play 4,789 minutes. Mahrez’s tally is lower at 49 matches and 3,194 minutes, having been in and out of the Manchester City team, but he too has played across 342 days of competitive fixtures.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:40:13 +0000: Pep Guardiola happy to start season with only three centre-backs - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Manchester City manager ‘delighted’ with the squad he has
• Guardiola wants Leroy Sané to stay despite Bayern interest
Pep Guardiola has said it is not vital Manchester City sign a new centre-back before the start of their Premier League title defence.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.