The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 19 Jan 2019 09:00:12 +0000: Huddersfield v Manchester City: match preview - Manchester City | The Guardian
Most Huddersfield fans were sad to see David Wagner leave as manager despite the club’s position at the bottom of the Premier League. Beating Manchester City while under the caretaker charge of Mark Hudson would go some way to cheering up the locals and convincing them that relegation is not a certainty. But it is a mighty tall order, with Pep Guardiola’s side in fabulous form as they continue to chase Liverpool at the top of the table. Paul Doyle
Sunday 1.30pm SSPLContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 18:41:41 +0000: Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola: In other countries everyone spies - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Manager says he still respects Leeds’s Marcelo Bielsa
• Guardiola considering buying new left-back in summer
Pep Guardiola has said his Bayern Munich team were spied on but that he would never resort to such tactics in England, as the fallout from the Marcelo Bielsa affair continued.
Bielsa has admitted to spying on every team Leeds United have played this season. Guardiola said it had done nothing to damage his respect for the Argentinian and that spying was common in Spain, where he managed Barcelona.Continue reading...
- Wed, 16 Jan 2019 19:46:49 +0000: Manchester City to sign 18-year-old Ante Palaversa from Hajduk Split for £7m - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Palaversa has made first-team breakthrough this season
• Midfielder to carry on at Hajduk until summer
Manchester City have reached an agreement with Hajduk Split to sign the highly rated 18-year-old central midfielder Ante Palaversa for an initial £7m.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 20:35:45 +0000: Manchester City refuse to give Uefa any comment on FFP allegations - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Club argues claims are based on ‘hacked or stolen’ emails
• Uefa wrote to City inviting comment before Christmas
Manchester City have refused to give Uefa any comment on allegations that they breached financial fair play regulations and misled the governing body because the club argues the claims were based on “hacked or stolen” emails.
The Uefa committee responsible for FFP wrote to City before Christmas inviting comment on allegations reported in the German magazine Der Spiegel that the club’s declarations in 2013-15 were “a web of lies”.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:53:41 +0000: Pep Guardiola on Manchester City's 3-0 win over 10-man Wolves – video - Manchester City | The Guardian
Gabriel Jesus scored twice as Manchester City beat 10-man Wolves 3-0 on Monday to cut Liverpool's advantage at the top of the Premier League to four points. Pep Guardiola said his team could not afford to worry about what Liverpool did in their games, but could only control their own performances.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.