The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 23 May 2018 08:16:26 +0000: Manchester City will have to pay Leicester in region of £75m for Mahrez - Manchester City | The Guardian
- Considerable add-ons will supplement basic fee of £60m
- Guardiola turned to Mahrez after Sanchez joined United
Manchester City will have to pay a basic fee of £60m for Riyad Mahrez, with Leicester City also to demand considerable add-ons which could push the final price closer to £75m for the 27-year-old.Continue reading...
- Tue, 22 May 2018 14:54:41 +0000: Pep Guardiola considers making move for Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt - Manchester City | The Guardian
• De Ligt could replace Vincent Kompany at Manchester City
• Highly rated 18-year-old has been capped by Netherlands
Pep Guardiola is monitoring Ajax’s highly rated 18-year-old defender Matthijs de Ligt as a potential long-term replacement for Vincent Kompany.
De Ligt fits the profile of a young, technically astute defender who could slot into City’s playing style. The centre-back is experienced at the highest level, having started last May’s Europa League final defeat by Manchester United in Stockholm. De Ligt also played the whole of Netherland’s 1-0 defeat by England in Amsterdam in March and, in total, has made 34 appearances in all competitions this season. That follows last year’s debut campaign that featured 22 games, including an international debut in a World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria.Continue reading...
- Mon, 21 May 2018 13:07:02 +0000: Pep Guardiola revives interest in signing Riyad Mahrez from Leicester - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Mahrez almost joined Manchester City in January
• Guardiola also keen to sign Napoli midfielder Jorginho
Pep Guardiola has revived his interest in Riyad Mahrez, with Manchester City’s manager having continued to monitor the Leicester forward following the breakdown of a prospective deal in January.
Mahrez saw a move to the Etihad Stadium collapse during the winter transfer window after the 2016 Premier League champions stated it would take a “mind-blowing offer” from City to prise him away. City were quoted a package worth around £95m, while they themselves valued the 27-year-old closer to £60m. While no formal offer was made for Mahrez, who is contracted until 2020, informal discussions between City’s chief executive, Ferran Soriano, and his opposite number, Susan Whelan, did occur.Continue reading...
- Sat, 19 May 2018 11:01:25 +0000: Manchester City seek to salvage season with Champions League place - Manchester City | The Guardian
In April Nick Cushing’s charges were on course for the treble of WSL, FA Cup and Champions League. A few weeks later and securing second place is all that remains open to them
When Manchester City announced that their women’s team would be embarking on a ground-breaking tour of the United States this summer a glorious treble remained within the grasp of Nick Cushing’s side.
It was April and optimism at the Etihad Campus, where Cushing’s players share many facilities with Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions, was high. Then the setbacks began. First, City lost an FA Cup semi-final to Emma Hayes’s Chelsea and then Lyon knocked them out at the same stage of the Champions League, before Hayes’s team clinched the Women’s Super League title.Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 May 2018 17:13:00 +0000: Pep Guardiola signs two-year Manchester City contract extension - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Manager had one season remaining on his deal
• Guardiola due to spend at least five years with City
Pep Guardiola signed a new contract to commit himself to Manchester City for another three years and immediately warned the rest of English football that his intention was to make his record-breaking team even more formidable opponents.
Guardiola has agreed a two-year extension to his present deal, which had another 12 months to run, meaning he will have until 2021 to achieve the club’s ambition of winning the Champions League for the first time.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.