The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 24 May 2019 17:56:11 +0000: Bayern Munich confirm interest in Manchester City winger Leroy Sané - Manchester City | The Guardian
- Bayern chairman Rummenigge: ‘We will try’ to sign Sané
- German champions set to test City with £70m bid
The Bayern Munich chairman, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, has confirmed the German champions are aiming to sign Manchester City’s Leroy Sané this summer.
“We will try. I can not promise whether it will succeed,” Rummenigge said at a Bild event in Berlin on the eve of the German Cup final, where Bayern will take on RB Leipzig.
The winger, who has been in and out of the City starting line-up this season, is believed to be keen on a move back to Germany, having arrived in England from Schalke in 2016.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Manchester City | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 May 2019 21:30:12 +0000: England’s Fabian Delph reports early to prove fitness for Nations League - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Manchester City midfielder has given up rest time
• Nations League finals are in Portugal in early June
Fabian Delph is to report early for the England squad following the completion of Manchester City’s record-breaking season in an attempt to prove form and fitness before next month’s Nations League finals.
Gareth Southgate welcomed 12 players from Everton, Leicester, Burnley, Stoke, West Ham, Southampton, Manchester United and Bournemouth to St George’s Park on Tuesday as preparations began for the two-game tournament in Portugal.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 May 2019 12:18:21 +0000: Manchester City and PSG should be thrown out of Europe, says La Liga president - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Javier Tebas says the two clubs are ‘playthings of a state’
• City deny breaking Financial Fair Play rules
Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain are “playthings of a state” who should be kicked out of European competition for violating Financial Fair Play rules, the La Liga president has said.
Javier Tebas, who has run Spanish football’s top league for the past six years, also warned English clubs they would be making a huge mistake if they backed a proposed new European Super League as it would “ruin” domestic football.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 May 2019 22:29:23 +0000: 'The best club': Kompany bids farewell to Man City after open-top bus parade – video - Manchester City | The Guardian
Manchester City celebrated their historic domestic treble with an open top bus tour through the heart of their home city. Celebrations culminated with an emotional speech from outgoing captain Vincent Kompany, who hailed City as 'the best club in the world' before leaving to become player-manager at Belgian team AnderlechtContinue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.