The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:45:24 +0000: Riyad Mahrez ready to lead Champions League charge for Manchester City - Manchester City | The Guardian
• £60m signing wants to help club continue progress in Europe
• Mahrez confident he can break into Pep Guardiola’s first team
Manchester City’s record signing, Riyad Mahrez, is confident he can not only break into the champions’ first team but also help improve it.
Despite City spending £60m on the 27-year-old, questions have been asked about where the former Leicester forward will fit into Pep Guardiola’s plans. City have Raheem Sterling and Bernardo Silva on the right flank and Leroy Sané on the other so the need for an extra wide player in not immediately obvious.Continue reading...
- Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:33:11 +0000: Chelsea close in on Sarri and aim to beat Manchester City to Jorginho - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Napoli president says Sarri’s move is in ‘hands of his lawyers’
• Jorginho has indicated preference for move to London over City
The Napoli president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, has claimed Maurizio Sarri’s move to Chelsea is edging closer and is “in the hands of his lawyers”, with Napoli’s former manager in line to be followed to Stamford Bridge by the midfielder Jorginho in what could amount to a £57.5m joint outlay.
The Premier League club have been in a state of flux since winning the FA Cup at the end of last season. There has been intense haggling through the summer over compensation payoffs due to the various parties – the current Chelsea head coach, Antonio Conte, would seek payment for the final year of his contract – and that has made for a slow process.Continue reading...
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 20:08:00 +0000: Manchester City seal £60m deal for Leicester’s Riyad Mahrez - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Long-term target signs five-year contract at Etihad
• Mahrez: ‘City are redefining the English game’
Manchester City have signed Riyad Mahrez from Leicester, the 27-year-old winger costing a club record £60m that could rise to £75m with add-ons.
Mahrez, who has signed a five-year contract and will wear the No 26 shirt, is Pep Guardiola’s first signing of the summer, with the manager having targeted a wide forward and defensive midfielder in this transfer window.Continue reading...
- Mon, 09 Jul 2018 21:45:00 +0000: Manchester City poised to sign Riyad Mahrez for club-record £60m - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Pep Guardiola makes breakthrough in talks with Leicester City
• Barcelona confirm £35.5m signing of midfielder Arthur
Manchester City are optimistic Riyad Mahrez will be unveiled as their £60m record signing by Friday, after they made a breakthrough with Leicester City.Continue reading...
- Tue, 03 Jul 2018 21:29:10 +0000: Manchester City close in on £43m move for Napoli’s Jorginho - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Midfielder expected to complete transfer this week
• City remain in pole position for £60m Riyad Mahrez
Pep Guardiola hopes to sign Jorginho in time for the start of pre-season training on Monday, with Manchester City and Napoli close to finalising a deal for the midfielder.
The 26-year-old is expected to complete the transfer in time for him to participate in the champions’ start to their preparation for next season. The initial fee will be in the region of €49m (£43m) for the Brazilian-born Italy international, who is set to agree a five-year contract.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.