The Latest Liverpool FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2016 – 2017
- Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:10:28 +0000: Liverpool FC transfer news: Is this how the Reds will line-up next season if they sign reported targets Julian Draxler and Alisson? - Liverpool
- Sun, 18 Mar 2018 15:01:21 +0000: European Golden Shoe: Who’s leading the race for prestigious goal scoring award? - Liverpool
- Sun, 18 Mar 2018 12:05:56 +0000: Premier League Golden Boot: Who is favourite to win it? - Liverpool
- Sun, 18 Mar 2018 10:48:05 +0000: Transfer gossip: Raiola sounding out buyers for Pogba, Liverpool want Draxler, Neymar latest - Liverpool
- Sat, 17 Mar 2018 21:43:00 +0000: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp compares Mohamed Salah to Lionel Messi and Diego Maradona - Liverpool
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
Ever since the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as the new manager at Liverpool following the sacking of Kenny Dalglish at the end of the season there have been many widespread rumours regarding new arrivals at the club. Rodgers has clearly stated he is looking to bolster his options in the closed season and there has been much speculation about the players he may bring in and the players that may find themselves on the way out of Anfield.
One of the main stories regarding Liverpool this summer is the future of misfiring striker Andy Carroll who cost the Merseyside club thirty five million pounds at the start of 2011. The striker is thought to be the target of many premier league sides with former club Newcastle said to be leading the chase for the players signature. Rodgers has neither stated that Carroll will leave or stay this summer amid growing speculation that the player does not feature in the managers plans as he attempts to change the style that Liverpool have become so accustomed to playing in recent years.
Belgian international Kevin Mirallas is thought to be on the top of Rodgers list this summer as the Olympiakos player has been in sensational form for the Turkish side ever since arriving from St Etienne two seasons ago. The player has managed to put away thirty four goals in forty nine starts for his current side which is a phenomenal record but Liverpool may need to fend of interest from some of Europe’s top clubs if they are to sign the striker who has a six million pound get out clause within his current contract.
Liverpool are also said to be firm in the frame to sign want away Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby as the twenty one year old tops the list of several of the top sides in Europe. Schalke though have been very quiet on this matter as they are said to not be interested in the slightest of losing one of their most influential players with Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United also said to be in for the player.
The signing of former Roma striker Fabio Borini has been seen as a major coup for Rodgers this summer as he has worked with and been a huge admirer of the player for some time. The twenty one year old has been in great form for his previous club and is seen as a great prospect for the Merseysiders. The Italian can also play as an attacking midfielder which will be another great boost for the squad as the long term future of Steven Gerrard is not as clear as it once was due to his ill fated injury prospects as he reaches the twilight of his career.