The Liverpool Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:08:47 +0000: Liverpool's Simon Mignolet says 'rotation is not healthy – this cannot last' - Liverpool | The Guardian
- Belgian admits he is considering his future at the club
- ‘Of course I am not happy but respect the trainer’s decision’
The Liverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet admits he is considering his future at the club after Loris Karius took over as first-choice.
The Belgium international has not played since the New Year’s Day win at Burnley and before Sunday’s victory over Manchester City manager Jürgen Klopp effectively said the place was Karius’ to lose.Continue reading...
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 22:30:08 +0000: Emre Can could sign new deal at Liverpool despite Juventus interest - Liverpool | The Guardian
• Midfielder is out of contract this summer after four years
• Georginio Wijnaldum says Liverpool must improve to compete for title
Emre Can has claimed he may sign a new contract with Liverpool despite Juventus’s belief they will land the midfielder on a free transfer this summer.
The Germany international is out of contract at the end of this season having resisted several attempts by Liverpool to extend his four-season stay. Juventus have been repeatedly linked with the 24-year-old and are confident he will move to Turin on a proposed five-year deal.Continue reading...
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Ferocious Liverpool press home advantage over panicking Manchester City | Jonathan Wilson - Liverpool | The Guardian
The pressing by Jürgen Klopp’s side was so disciplined that it forced a collective loss of control in the visitors’ backline
It turns out, then, that the formula was simple. All anybody had to do to beat Manchester City was to match them shape for shape, press high up the pitch, harass them into a eight-minute meltdown, capitalise on mistakes with a series of stunning finishes and then cling on desperately.
Jürgen Klopp is not the first manager to realise that the best way to unsettle a Pep Guardiola side is to squeeze them, and this is not the first time he has had his side do that effectively. No manager has a better record than Klopp against Guardiola: six wins in 12 attempts. But, as Tottenham discovered, trying to push high against City is fraught with risk; they did it well enough to force City to adapt their approach and ended up being hammered 4-1.Continue reading...
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 07:52:47 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Liverpool | The Guardian
Arsenal have hit an all-time low under Arsène Wenger, Chelsea could go for Andy Carroll and Sam Allardyce needs a result
Chelsea have endured three successive goalless draws for the first time and it is inconceivable the scouting department is not exploring forward options. Something has clearly put them off the pursuit of Alexis Sánchez, whom they courted in the summer. Perhaps they believe he is set upon a reunion with Pep Guardiola at Manchester City. Maybe they feel they cannot compete with the financial package Manchester United could offer. Possibly they deem the costs excessive. Yet, if that avenue is blocked, and with Crystal Palace unlikely to entertain offers for Christian Benteke, there remains the possibility Chelsea will explore Andy Carroll’s availability. Antonio Conte had hoped to secure a targetman over the summer and is apparently an admirer of Carroll, for all the 29-year-old’s patchy injury record. Such a move would once have seemed outlandish. Yet times may have changed. Dominic FifieldContinue reading...
- Sun, 14 Jan 2018 21:26:24 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Liverpool | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:04:21 +0000: Liverpool reject £11m Moreno bid - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool reject an £11m bid from Serie A side Napoli for Alberto Moreno - and will demand £15m for the Spanish defender.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:53:04 +0000: Liverpool complete £34m Salah deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool complete the 39m euro (£34m) signing of Roma's former Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, who joins on a five-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:07:01 +0000: Rams agree fee with Liverpool for Wisdom - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Derby County agree a deal to sign defender Andre Wisdom from Premier League side Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.