The Liverpool Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:30:02 +0000: Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp wary of Crystal Palace after City shock - Liverpool | The Guardian
• ‘In counterattacks, at set pieces, it is clear they are good’
• Klopp dismisses speculation of Anfield return for Coutinho
Jürgen Klopp has said Liverpool must heed the warning of Crystal Palace’s recent victory at Manchester City to avoid a similar shock against Roy Hodgson’s side.
Liverpool are unbeaten in 31 Premier League home matches since Palace recorded a third consecutive away win at Anfield in April 2017. The league leaders can re-establish a seven-point lead over City at the top, at least until Sunday, by extending that sequence to the second longest in the club’s history on Saturday.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:35:18 +0000: When Liverpool gave Crystal Palace their biggest ever defeat 30 years ago - Liverpool | The Guardian
Eight different players scored in the 9-0 thrashing at Anfield, but that was not the last Liverpool saw of Palace that season
When Crystal Palace made the daunting trip to Anfield in September 1989, Liverpool were still hurting from that Michael Thomas moment in the previous campaign and were in no mood to show mercy to a newly promoted team. What looked a tough examination on paper for Palace proved to be even worse on grass. It was to be a day their fans and players would never forget.
At least Steve Coppell’s team made the journey north on the back of a win. Having picked up just one point from their first three league games, Palace beat Wimbledon 2-0 a few days before their trip to Liverpool in their first of many south London derbies that season; 1989-90 remains the only campaign in which all four local sides – Palace, Wimbledon, Charlton and Millwall – have played in the top flight.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:52:45 +0000: Liverpool v Crystal Palace: match preview - Liverpool | The Guardian
Liverpool have gone 31 league games unbeaten at Anfield since losing to Palace in April 2017, winning 22 and drawing nine in a formidable sequence that also includes 21 clean sheets. Another victory here would restore a seven-point lead over Manchester City, at least until Sunday, and set a new club record for points won after 23 matches. Roy Hodgson returns to his former club without his main goalkeeping options, the injured Wayne Hennessey and Vicente Guaita, meaning a first start since December 2017 for the Premier League’s oldest player, 39-year-old Julian Speroni. Andy Hunter
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:21:57 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Liverpool | The Guardian
Who will Pochettino turn to up front? Will Lindelöf banish bad memories of Brighton? And should Sarri start Giroud?
If Mauricio Pochettino could have picked one Premier League team to start playing against without his top scorer and his most in-form attacker, then he would surely have plumped for Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s defensively chaotic side are the perfect opponents in a far-from-ideal scenario for Tottenham, who must learn to cope without Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. It will still be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino tries to overcome those losses. Perhaps he will ask Dele Alli or Lucas Moura to play as a shifty striker or maybe he’ll deploy Fernando Llorente, a more conventional centre-forward who netted a hat-trick in the recent annihilation of Tranmere Rovers? Or the manager might even push his faith in youth to an unprecedented extreme by giving a start to the highly promising 16-year-old Irish striker Troy Parrott, who has yet to appear for the senior team? Whatever the manager opts for, Spurs can be confident of victory given that Fulham have been so hapless this season that they even managed to concede two goals last week despite restricting Burnley to no shots on target. PDContinue reading...
- Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:57:35 +0000: Andy Robertson signs ‘no-brainer’ new five-year Liverpool contract - Liverpool | The Guardian
• Scotland full-back is latest to commit long-term future
• ‘This was done in almost record time,’ says Jürgen Klopp
Jürgen Klopp has praised Andy Robertson after the left-back became the latest Liverpool player to commit his long-term future by signing a five-year contract.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:04:21 +0000: Liverpool reject £11m Moreno bid - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool reject an £11m bid from Serie A side Napoli for Alberto Moreno - and will demand £15m for the Spanish defender.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:53:04 +0000: Liverpool complete £34m Salah deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool complete the 39m euro (£34m) signing of Roma's former Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, who joins on a five-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:07:01 +0000: Rams agree fee with Liverpool for Wisdom - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Derby County agree a deal to sign defender Andre Wisdom from Premier League side Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.