The Liverpool Football Club Latest Football News
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:35:29 +0000: Liverpool held to thrilling draw at Brentford after Wissa grabs his chance - Liverpool | The Guardian
At the final whistle, Jürgen Klopp could not stop shaking his head in disbelief. Somehow his Liverpool side had contrived to throw away victory against a Brentford side that simply never stopped believing.
While Klopp can console himself with the fact that they are a point clear at the top after Mohamed Salah scored his 100th Premier League goal for the club, he will know his defence must improve considerably as their weaknesses were exposed time and again. Salah would certainly have sealed the victory had he not spurned a golden opportunity when his side were leading 3-2 but this was all about the pulsating performance from Thomas Frank’s new boys that sparked into life with Ethan Pinnock’s opener and was rounded off by Yoane Wissa’s equaliser eight minutes from time.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:27:20 +0000: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: Premier League – as it happened! - Liverpool | The Guardian
The points were shared after an incredible 90 minutes of high-tempo football between Brentford and Liverpool
The players come out to the fans singing Hey Jude!/Brent-ford.
It is a lovely evening in west London and the crowd is getting a bit raucous, which should make a for a cracking game.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:33:14 +0000: Solskjær blames Klopp comments for Manchester United penalty count - Liverpool | The Guardian
- Liverpool manager spoke about United in January
- ‘Surely I’ve seen a big, big difference since then on’
Ole Gunnar Solskjær has claimed Jürgen Klopp’s intervention regarding how many penalties Manchester United receive made a “big difference” to the number his team are awarded.
Liverpool’s manager said in early January that United in “two years” had won more penalties than his side had during his five and a half seasons in charge.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 21:30:25 +0000: ‘Goal machine’ Mohamed Salah as good as Lewandowski, says Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool | The Guardian
- Salah is on 99 league goals after 150 Liverpool games
- Klopp unhappy about early kick-off after next World Cup games
Jürgen Klopp has said Mohamed Salah ranks alongside Robert Lewandowski as the best goalscorer he has coached, with the Egypt international closing on 100 Premier League goals for Liverpool.
Salah, 29, requires one goal to reach a league century for Liverpool and his next goal in any competition will make him the 10th-highest scorer in the club’s history. With 99 goals from 150 appearances, he can be the third-fastest to reach the milestone in the league for Liverpool after Roger Hunt (148 games) and Jack Parkinson (149).Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:14:28 +0000: 'I've noticed a big difference': Solskjær blames Klopp for penalty count – video - Liverpool | The Guardian
The Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjær, has claimed that Jürgen Klopp’s comments earlier this year about how many penalties his side receive made a 'big, big difference' to the number his team are awarded.
Klopp said in early January that Manchester United had won more penalties in 'two years' than his Liverpool side had during his five-and-a-half seasons in charge.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:37:32 +0000: 'It's what we dream for' - Mohamed Salah's big Liverpool moment spoilt by brilliant Bees - BBC Sport
It was described as a "wild ride" and a "crazy game" as Brentford defied the odds to come from behind to draw with Liverpool.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:06:20 +0000: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp says his side 'couldn't handle' opposition's style of play - BBC Sport
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says his side "couldn't handle" Brentford's style of play in their 3-3 draw in the Premier League.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 20:01:16 +0000: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: Thomas Frank delighted with 'fantastic' performance against league leaders - BBC Sport
Brentford manager Thomas Frank says his side's performance was "fantastic" as they twice came from behind to hold league leaders Liverpool to a 3-3 draw in the Premier League.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:06:49 +0000: Brentford 3-3 Liverpool: Yoane Wissa rescues a point for Bees in thriller - BBC Sport
Yoane Wissa scores a late equaliser as Brentford hold Liverpool to a draw in a thrilling encounter at the Brentford Community Stadium.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 13:11:57 +0000: Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool boss says 'good moment' to consider safe standing - BBC Sport
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says it is a "good moment" to consider bringing in safe standing at stadiums.