The Liverpool Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 17:32:05 +0000: Friendly roundup: Everton win 22-0 in Marco Silva's first game in charge - Liverpool | The Guardian
- Cenk Tosun and Kevin Mirallas score five each in Austria
- Arsenal beat Boreham Wood 8-0 in Unai Emery’s first game
Everton opened their pre-season with a rousing 22-0 victory against Austrian fifth-tier outfit ATV Irdning. The Toffees were far too strong for the opposition, as Marco Silva, in his first game in charge, witnessed 10 goals from his new team in the first-half alone.
It took just five minutes for Leighton Baines to tap home the opener, and it then became a procession. Cenk Tosun hit four and Ademola Lookman earned a hat-trick before the break, while Mason Holgate and Michael Keane netted one each.Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:02:00 +0000: Xherdan Shaqiri completes his £13m move to Liverpool from Stoke - Liverpool | The Guardian
• Forward underwent medical on Merseyside on Friday
• 26-year-old is Liverpool’s third signing of the summer
Xherdan Shaqiri has been confirmed as Liverpool’s third summer signing, having interrupted a holiday to finalise his move to Anfield.
Liverpool agreed a £13m fee with Stoke City for the Switzerland international this week and, with personal terms also agreed, the 26-year-old cut short a post-World Cup holiday to undergo a medical on Merseyside on Friday. The former Bayern Munich and Internazionale winger follows Naby Keita and Fabinho in strengthening Jürgen Klopp’s squad this summer. He has signed a “long-term” deal at Anfield.Continue reading...
- Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:49:49 +0000: Liverpool confident of signing Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke City - Liverpool | The Guardian
- Stoke player has £13m release clause in contract
- Klopp is keen to bolster his attacking options
Liverpool are confident of making Xherdan Shaqiri their third summer signing after opening transfer talks with Stoke City over the Switzerland international.
Jürgen Klopp is keen to add the 26-year-old to his attacking options for next season and the winger wants to remain in the Premier League following Stoke’s relegation to the Championship.Continue reading...
- Stoke player has £13m release clause in contract
- Tue, 10 Jul 2018 22:02:05 +0000: Jürgen Klopp backs Loris Karius after Liverpool keeper’s latest mistake - Liverpool | The Guardian
• Manager unhappy at spotlight being placed on his No 1
• Liverpool beat Tranmere 3-2 in pre-season friendly
Jürgen Klopp has had to issue another vote of confidence in Loris Karius after the Liverpool goalkeeper erred in a pre-season friendly win over Tranmere Rovers.
Karius, whose calamitous display in the Champions League final contributed to defeat by Real Madrid in May, made a mistake in his second appearance since that fateful night in Kiev. The 25-year-old spilled a free-kick by Oliver Norburn into the path of Johnny Smith who reduced Liverpool’s lead to 3-1. Rafael Camacho, Sheyi Ojo and Adam Lallana had given the visitors a 3-0 interval lead at Prenton Park but, after wholesale changes by Klopp, Smith and Rovers’ Amadou Soukouna made the final score 3-2.Continue reading...
- Mon, 02 Jul 2018 07:22:46 +0000: Mohamed Salah signs new Liverpool contract to 2023 and is hailed by Klopp - Liverpool | The Guardian
• Manager says deal ‘speaks very loudly’ of club’s ambition
• Salah’s contract does not contain a release clause
Liverpool have secured Mohamed Salah on a new five-year contract that Jürgen Klopp believes provides further evidence of the progress being made at Anfield.
The Egypt international has committed his future to Liverpool until 2023 in a lucrative deal that does not contain a release clause. Salah was widely coveted following a phenomenal debut season at Anfield that brought 44 goals in 52 appearances at club level and, as expected, has followed Roberto Firmino in committing to Klopp’s team for the long term. Sadio Mané is also in line for a new and improved contract at Liverpool.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 12:04:21 +0000: Liverpool reject £11m Moreno bid - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool reject an £11m bid from Serie A side Napoli for Alberto Moreno - and will demand £15m for the Spanish defender.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 11:53:04 +0000: Liverpool complete £34m Salah deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Liverpool complete the 39m euro (£34m) signing of Roma's former Chelsea winger Mohamed Salah, who joins on a five-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:07:01 +0000: Rams agree fee with Liverpool for Wisdom - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Derby County agree a deal to sign defender Andre Wisdom from Premier League side Liverpool for an undisclosed fee.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Liverpool | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.