The Fulham Latest Football News
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:26:55 +0000: Carabao Cup: Jay Rodriguez hits four as Burnley fight back to floor Rochdale - Fulham | The Guardian
- Marcus Forss also scores four as Brentford beat Oldham 7-0
- Stoke eliminate Watford with 3-1 win at Vicarage Road
Jay Rodriguez scored four second-half goals as Burnley beat Lancashire rivals Rochdale 4-1 to reach the Carabao Cup fourth round. After Jake Beesley had given Rochdale a shock 1-0 lead, Rodriguez ran riot at Turf Moor as two headers sandwiched a right-footed finish before a lucky rebound put the Clarets out of sight in the 77th minute.
Marcus Forss also scored four times, including a penalty, as Brentford thrashed the Football League’s bottom club Oldham 7-0 at home, with Yoane Wissa netting twice and Raphael Diarra scoring an own goal.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 07:00:35 +0000: Special bond: how chance – and Kafka – turns football strangers into friends - Fulham | The Guardian
A Fulham fan explains the joys and pain of the season-ticket friendship in an extract from a new book by female writers
It was a reference to Franz Kafka that made me realise my friendship with Dom was pretty special. It was around the time when we had a player at Fulham called Alex Kacaniklic. During one match, Dom suddenly referred to the player as ‘Alex K’, linking him (who knows how) to Josef K. and Kafka’s book The Trial. Understanding the reference, I replied, keeping up the slow connections to Kafka’s work, to which mid-match he delightedly exclaimed, ‘Ah, you’re a Kafka fan, Hayley!’ and we continued to discuss our shared enjoyment of the great author.
Dom and I were to become friends purely by the anomaly of a computer. My friend Rob and I had recently acquired season tickets next to each other in H4 of the Hammersmith End. To my right sat Rob, and to his right sat Dom. We were distinctly British about our first seating together, politely saying hello, not knowing if those around us were ‘tourists’ for the day, another newly moved season-ticket holder or, as it turned out, an already formed ‘season-ticket bubble’ to which we were the newbies.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 Sep 2021 21:59:08 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham go top while coaches see red in melee at Stoke - Fulham | The Guardian
- Forest booed off after defeat to pile pressure on Chris Hughton
- Derby could agree nine-point reduction with EFL
Fulham returned to the top of the Championship with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Birmingham at St Andrew’s.
Marco Silva’s side always looked in charge of the contest and two goals in each half backed up a dominant display. Denis Odoi ended a three-year wait for a league goal as his 10th-minute header put the visitors in front, with Aleksander Mitrovic’s 44th-minute penalty doubling Fulham’s advantage. Impressive debutant Nathaniel Chalobah won the spot-kick, and the deadline-day signing from Watford played a key role in the game’s third goal. The 26-year-old former Chelsea youngster cut open the Blues defence with a delightful pass which was finished off in equally clinical style by Harry Wilson in the 54th minute.Continue reading...
- Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:32:00 +0000: Championship roundup: Fulham dominate Stoke; QPR rise to third - Fulham | The Guardian
- Marco Silva says leaders can still improve after 3-0 win
- Lyndon Dykes inspires QPR; West Brom leave it late
Marco Silva said there is more to come from Fulham after they swept aside Stoke to maintain their unbeaten start to the Championship season. A comfortable 3-0 victory, with goals from Harry Wilson, Bobby Decordova-Reid and Aleksandar Mitrovic, left the manager believing the margin of victory should have been even greater.
“It was a very good performance from the first minute until the last,” he said. “We should have scored more goals, 1-0 was not enough from the first half with the chances we created. We should be more clinical.”Continue reading...
- Sat, 21 Aug 2021 17:41:33 +0000: Fulham edge ahead of West Brom at top of Championship thanks to Carvalho - Fulham | The Guardian
- Mitrovic and Carvalho score in 2-0 home win against Hull
- Albion second on goal difference after beating Blackburn 2-1
Fulham moved to the top of the Championship by beating Hull 2-0 at Craven Cottage, while they were joined on 10 points from four games by West Brom, who won 2-1 at Blackburn.
Aleksandar Mitrovic and Fabio Carvalho, as they had done against Millwall in midweek, scored first‑half goals as Fulham leapfrogged Albion on goal difference. Marco Silva was not entirely happy, however. The Fulham manager said: “It wasn’t the best performance, to be honest. In this competition, with the level that you are, it was not the perfect performance that we had against Millwall.”Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:59:23 +0000: Bristol City 1-1 Fulham: Kasey Palmer's equaliser earns Robins a point - BBC Sport
Bristol City fight back to draw 1-1 at home to Fulham in an entertaining match full of chances at Ashton Gate.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 19:28:30 +0000: Social media abuse: Goalkeeper Rhys Porter, 13, made honorary member of Fulham squad - BBC Sport
Thirteen-year-old Fulham fan Rhys Porter, who was abused online because of his disability, is made an honorary member of the club's first-team squad.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 15:07:03 +0000: Saturday's Championship, League One & League Two action as it happened - BBC Sport
Relive Saturday's action in the Championship, League One and League Two as it happened.
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:39:56 +0000: Fulham 0-0 Leeds (5-6 pens): Premier League side through to last 16 of Carabao Cup - BBC Sport
Leeds United beat Fulham on penalties to reach the fourth round of the Carabao Cup.
- Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:12:12 +0000: Fulham 1-2 Reading: Ovie Ejaria double gives Reading deserved victory - BBC Sport
A goal in each half from Ovie Ejaria gives Reading a surprise victory at Fulham, who drop off the top of the Championship table.