The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 03 Nov 2017 21:53:58 +0000: Wolves go four points clear as Saïss and Bonatini strikes sink Fulham - Fulham | The Guardian
Impressive Wolverhampton Wanderers moved four points clear at the top of the Championship after cruising past a limp Fulham side.Continue reading...
- Sun, 29 Oct 2017 22:47:22 +0000: England's under-17s: 'They don’t walk around with 1966 noose around necks' - Fulham | The Guardian
Following their World Cup victory over Spain, the young team’s future is generating real excitement in the game
“The future is bright,” tweeted the former England striker Gary Lineker and his view was shared by many.
I have believed for a decade that we have very talented players in England who are capable of outstanding achievements”Continue reading...
- Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:59:16 +0000: Farewell Total Croydon, but which Roy Hodgson will Crystal Palace get? | Barney Ronay - Fulham | The Guardian
The former England manager, now 70, will be desperate to erase memories of Euro 2016 and will look to imitate the simpler days of West Brom and Fulham
Welcome back, then, Roy. And rejoice Croydon, for he has returned. The news that Crystal Palace will turn to Roy Hodgson to replace the departed Frank de Boer is perhaps unsurprising given the background noises of the past few months. For all that there will still be a tendency to roll the eyes, to mock the sudden shift in footballing direction – from the Ajax Way to Purley Way – and to point out that Hodgson is 70 and hasn’t had a club job in five years.
This is undoubtedly a little unfair. In isolation Hodgson to Palace makes plenty of short-term sense. Plus it would be foolish to underestimate Hodgson’s determination to prove a point, his popularity with players and his vast experience. And yet there is no escaping the wider sense of dissonance here. Even in a league defined by its habit of vacillating comically between methodologies and personnel, the lurch from De Boer to Hodgson is one of the more bizarrely abrupt about-turns in Premier League history.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Aug 2017 21:49:52 +0000: Championship round-up: Cardiff City break record with third consecutive win - Fulham | The Guardian
• Cardiff City win opening three games for first time in their 118-year history
• Wolves beat Hull; Ipswich defeat Millwall; Middlesbrough overcome Burton
Cardiff City created club history as a 2-0 victory over Sheffield United kept them top of the Sky Bet Championship.
The Welsh club had never started a campaign with three league wins in their 118-year history but that odd statistic was consigned to history as Sean Morrison and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing put the gloss on a performance that suggests Cardiff may be credible promotion contenders this season.Continue reading...
- Sat, 05 Aug 2017 21:00:22 +0000: Louis Saha: ‘I really liked playing football but this is a real challenge’ - Fulham | The Guardian
The former Manchester United and Tottenham striker’s desire to make a difference has led him down an unusual path after hanging up his boots
It is inevitable, yet so many footballers seem unprepared for it. The end of a player’s career is a key moment – a huge change – and how he deals with it will shape the rest of his life. Many players struggle. Gone are the routines of daily training, the adrenaline of the matches, the interaction with team-mates and club staff, and the adulation from fans. There is a massive void to fill.
It is an enormous challenge that requires a different set of skills to the ones used on the pitch. Some players stay in football and become pundits or coaches; there are those who turn their focus to charity work and others who struggle to fill their days; and then there are those who are busier than ever. Louis Saha falls into that final category.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.