The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 17 Mar 2018 14:49:57 +0000: Fulham give Championship rivals a lift after being pegged back by QPR - Fulham | The Guardian
Fulham’s efforts to step up their challenge for an automatic promotion place suffered a setback as they squandered a two-goal lead and drew 2-2 with Queens Park Rangers at Craven Cottage.
Tom Cairney and Lucas Piazon had put Slavisa Jokanovic’s side in control but Massimo Luongo pulled one back for the visitors in first-half added-time and Pawel Wszolek completed the comeback in the 81st minute.Continue reading...
- Tue, 13 Mar 2018 17:48:31 +0000: The state of 21st-century football | Letters - Fulham | The Guardian
In his day, skinhead thuggery was endemic and football hard men stalked every match in his day, writes Richard Tippett. It’s the teenage daughter of Carragher’s target I feel sorry for, writes Joe McCarthy
I laughed at almost every line of Anthony Clavane’s diatribe (Spitting on the grave of what was once a beautiful game, 13 March). At first I thought it was a manufactured rage piece, but it appears he was being serious from the kick-off. Having watched football for over 50 years, I can assure Mr Clavane that the game today is far more pristine and, I would suggest, more skilful than it was in my younger days.
Corinthian values were in short supply on and off the pitch during the 60s and 70s: skinhead thuggery was endemic, full-on pitch invasions by fans were commonplace, and football hard men stalked every match. Far from “not recognising today’s game”, Bobby Moore would have admired its relative lack of contact. In his time, Moore’s West Ham team-mates would shudder under the ruthless tackles of Norman Hunter, Nobby Stiles, Chopper Harris and Tommy Smith.Continue reading...
- Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:08:55 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Bayern Munich beat Arsenal to Malcom? - Fulham | The Guardian
Today’s rumours are waiting for one to land
Antonio Conte was joined at training this week by a captain, leader, legend who certainly knows his way around Cobham. But if John Terry was hoping a little bit of conspicuous swotting up might get him a foot in the door when the Italian’s long arrivederci is complete, then perhaps he reckoned without someone else familiar with the mean streets of leafy Surrey. That’s because Slavisa Jokanovic is the latest name to be linked with the Chelsea job, and not only because he’s managed to get a tune or two out of Aleksandar Mitrovic: those in the boardroom at Stamford Bridge are said to be deeply impressed with the attacking verve Jokanovic’s Fulham side have displayed in the Championship – and wonder if he might be able to repeat the trick elsewhere in west London.
Of course Conte’s next destination, should he indeed usher himself – or be ushered – through the door marked Do One, is of considerable interest. Word has it that Paris Saint-Germain want to make him their next expensive cherry on their expensive cake as they prepare for another expensive failure where it counts next season.Continue reading...
- Sat, 03 Mar 2018 17:48:18 +0000: Football League: Fulham go above Derby after win, MK's poor run goes on - Fulham | The Guardian
- Fulham leapfrog Derby to go fourth in Championship
- MK Dons winless in 2018 after 1-0 loss at Bristol Rovers
Four hours work condensed into 50 seconds - watch the Blue Army clear the Brunton Park pitch via our time lapse pic.twitter.com/VC5BVP9PKLContinue reading...
- Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:57:33 +0000: Championship roundup: Nélson Oliveira stuns Wolves to earn draw for Norwich - Fulham | The Guardian
• Leaders held 2-2 thanks to Nélson Oliveira’s 35-yard screamer
• Derby and Leeds and Bristol City and Fulham draw; Cardiff win
Nélson Oliveira’s spectacular late goal saw Norwich grab a point in stoppage time for the second time in four days as they drew 2-2 with the Championship leaders Wolves at Molineux.
A Jamal Lewis own goal and Alfred N’Diaye’s header appeared to have the home side cruising midway through the first half, but Christoph Zimmermann swiftly pulled one back and the Canaries were good value for their point. Timm Klose had snatched a draw in Sunday’s East Anglia derby and Norwich repeated the trick as the substitute Oliveira beat John Ruddy at his near post with a 35-yard effort in added time.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.