The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:58:33 +0000: Are Aston Villa repeating mistakes Fulham made last summer? Not at all - Fulham | The Guardian
Villa have already signed seven players this summer but every one of them is an essential addition to their depleted squad
Norwich City and Sheffield United have been relatively quiet in the transfer window following their return to the Premier League, but the same cannot be said for play-off champions Aston Villa. This week the club have agreed a permanent deal for Tyrone Mings and brought in young centre-back Ezri Konsa, meaning they have now signed seven players so far this summer – and they aren’t finished yet.
Some outsiders have suggested Villa have been too gung-ho in the market: that they are repeating the mistakes Fulham made last summer. However, Villa’s signings have not been made out of desperation or greed, but necessity. As many as 14 first-team players left the club at the end of the season, leaving Dean Smith with a squad that contained just 17 players over the age of 21. And that includes Gary Gardner, Aaron Tshibola and Scott Hogan, who returned from loan spells with little chance of resurrecting their careers at Villa.Continue reading...
- Fri, 07 Jun 2019 12:49:16 +0000: Ryan Sessegnon wants Spurs move and tells Fulham he will not renew contract - Fulham | The Guardian
• Sessegnon, 19, has one year left on Fulham deal
• PSG and Manchester United also interested in winger
Ryan Sessegnon has told Fulham he will not sign a contract to replace the one that expires next summer and has set his heart on a move to Tottenham.Continue reading...
- Wed, 15 May 2019 11:42:03 +0000: Premier League 2018-19 review: our predictions versus reality - Fulham | The Guardian
We thought Manchester City would pip Liverpool to the title, but we also said Watford would go down
What we said: “Pep Guardiola’s talented side look well placed to become the first team to retain the Premier League title since Manchester United did it in 2009.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 May 2019 12:28:41 +0000: Unforgettable photos: the best of the 2018-19 Premier League season - Fulham | The Guardian
Photo editor Jonny Weeks reviews a tumultuous football season through some of its best, weirdest and most defining images
On an average weekend, The Guardian receives around 12,000 photographs from Premier League matches via its staff, agency and contributor photographers. That’s almost half a million images per season. Some capture extraordinary joy and despair; some bear witness to defining moments in the title race; some owe greatly to the creativity of the men and women behind the lenses; and some, like this first one from August, feature the rare but always amusing sight of a referee nearly getting thwacked by a ball.
Click on the images to see full captions and credits. All pictures are in chronological order.
Click on the images to see full captions and credits. All pictures are in chronological order.Continue reading...
- Sun, 12 May 2019 18:19:05 +0000: Premier League 2018-19: the highs and lows of the season – video review - Fulham | The Guardian
Liverpool's attempt to dethrone Manchester City as Premier League champions ended in failure with the reigning champions completing the season with one more point than their title rivals.
City claimed 98 points, just two shy of last season's record-breaking 100, while Liverpool earned 97 – by far the largest tally for a Premier League runners-up.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur completed the top four, while Huddersfield Town, Fulham and Cardiff City were relegated. Here's a look at some of the key moments this seasonContinue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.