The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:19:52 +0000: FA Cup and Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend - Fulham | The Guardian
Ross Barkley’s difficult return, VAR inconsistency in the FA Cup, Nuno Espírito Santo impresses and James Maddison’s class
Ross Barkley would have known what kind of reception awaited him at Goodison Park: the type rained down on previous Everton escapees such as Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott. Goodison might not be much longer for this world, with the latest suggestion being a new stadium for 2023, but for now it retains old‑fashioned menace to those who have transgressed the Evertonian code. Barkley’s crime among the faithful is to have left Goodison on a cut-price transfer to Chelsea in the January transfer window of last year after running down his contract. As he left the field after being substituted in the 65th minute, he responded to the hail of jeers by applauding all sides of the stadium. To Barkley’s credit, he has made himself a regular under Maurizio Sarri but like so many other Chelsea players at Goodison – and this season – he is wasted by the Neapolitan’s rigid thinking. John Brewin
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:43:37 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League and FA Cup photos - Fulham | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from the FA Cup and Premier League
- View the Dozen archive
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:53:00 +0000: Errant Alisson bailed out by unflappable veteran James Milner | David Hytner - Fulham | The Guardian
Liverpool’s title challenge was on the rocks for seven minutes late in the second half at Fulham before their experienced midfielder spared the goalkeeper’s blushes
For seven minutes, it is no exaggeration to say that Liverpool’s title hopes hung in the balance. The alarm bells had started to ring from the moment that the substitute James Milner miscued high into the sky and Virgil van Dijk extended his arms, looked at his goalkeeper, Alisson, and wondered where he was. Alisson had been a virtual bystander up until the 74th minute, such was his team’s control but there he was – or wasn’t – when Van Dijk needed him the most.Continue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:47:12 +0000: Jürgen Klopp praises Liverpool for ‘sensational result’ against Fulham - Fulham | The Guardian
• Manager says: ‘We had a very intense week’
• After Fulham equaliser, ‘I didn’t see us panic’
Jürgen Klopp praised his players’ reaction to shipping an unlikely equaliser at Fulham and welcomed a “sensational result” as Liverpool rallied late to move two points clear at the top of the Premier League.Continue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 19:29:13 +0000: 'Nothing is decided': Jürgen Klopp praises Liverpool's nervy win at Fulham – video - Fulham | The Guardian
Jûrgen Klopp has said Liverpool’s 2-1 victory at Fulham was ‘an average game, sensational result.’ The Reds needed a James Milner penalty to beat the London club, who remain in 19th place in the table.
Klopp’s side lead the Premier League table heading into the international break after moving two points clear of Manchester City, who have a game in hand.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.