The Everton Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 22:30:21 +0000: England’s Jordan Pickford adamant Newcastle gaffes were an aberration - Everton | The Guardian
• Fans’ barracking got to Everton keeper ‘a little bit too much’
• Pickford: ‘Apart from Newcastle, I’ve been doing well’
Jordan Pickford has defended his form before England’s opening Euro 2020 qualifier on Friday and said his error-strewn display at Newcastle, when he allowed the occasion “to get to me a little bit too much”, did not reflect recent performances for Everton.
The goalkeeper conceded a penalty at St James’ Park – which he saved – before shipping three times in the second half. The 25-year-old had appeared to play up to the crowd, who subjected him to incessant reminders of his Sunderland roots.Continue reading...
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:19:52 +0000: FA Cup and Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend - Everton | The Guardian
Ross Barkley’s difficult return, VAR inconsistency in the FA Cup, Nuno Espírito Santo impresses and James Maddison’s class
Ross Barkley would have known what kind of reception awaited him at Goodison Park: the type rained down on previous Everton escapees such as Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott. Goodison might not be much longer for this world, with the latest suggestion being a new stadium for 2023, but for now it retains old‑fashioned menace to those who have transgressed the Evertonian code. Barkley’s crime among the faithful is to have left Goodison on a cut-price transfer to Chelsea in the January transfer window of last year after running down his contract. As he left the field after being substituted in the 65th minute, he responded to the hail of jeers by applauding all sides of the stadium. To Barkley’s credit, he has made himself a regular under Maurizio Sarri but like so many other Chelsea players at Goodison – and this season – he is wasted by the Neapolitan’s rigid thinking. John Brewin
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:43:37 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League and FA Cup photos - Everton | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from the FA Cup and Premier League
- View the Dozen archive
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:32:46 +0000: A patch of blue emerges through the grey skies over Goodison Park | Jonathan Wilson - Everton | The Guardian
Marco Silva talked up victory over Chelsea but it will take more than that to suggest Everton are improving
Above the Bullens Road Stand a tear appeared in the clouds and behind there shone, well, not a sun-kissed future exactly but at least a bluer shade of grey. Everton had a second goal and, with it, a first win in 26 months against a top-six side. And that, at least, is something.Continue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:23:00 +0000: Maurizio Sarri accuses his Chelsea players of 'mental block' at Everton – video - Everton | The Guardian
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has blamed 'a mental block' for his side's 2-0 loss at Everton following a fine first-half display.
The defeat has dented the Blues hopes of finishing in the top four, but Sarri has insisted that 'it is not impossible' to achieve the feat in their remaining eight matchesContinue reading...