The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 23 Oct 2018 09:39:59 +0000: David Squires on … José Mourinho's big day back at Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
Our cartoonist looks back at an eventful afternoon at the Bridge for Chelsea and Manchester UnitedContinue reading...
- Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:18:54 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Chelsea to replace Morata with Genoa’s Piatek? - Chelsea | The Guardian
Today’s whispers are going worldwide
Having had quite enough of watching Álvaro Morata doing the Charlie Brown walk, Maurizio Sarri is planning to sign a new striker in January. Chelsea’s manager has his eyes on Genoa’s Krzysztof Piatek at the moment. The 23-year-old has started the season with 10 goals for club and country. Morata, meanwhile, continues to try to intimidate opposition defenders by looking very sad.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:44:02 +0000: Chelsea coach Marco Ianni charged over Stamford Bridge touchline chaos - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Ianni twice goaded José Mourinho during 2-2 draw
• United manager warned after trying to confront Italian
Chelsea’s assistant coach Marco Ianni has been charged with improper conduct following the chaotic scenes that marked the closing stages of the 2-2 draw with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Oct 2018 15:27:30 +0000: Touchline scuffles, Messi's arm and five-goal hauls – Football Weekly - Chelsea | The Guardian
Melissa Rudd is joined by Barry Glendenning, Jonathan Wilson and Paul MacInnes as they discuss Chelsea’s dramatic draw with Manchester United, Fulham’s shocking defence, five-star Luka Jovic and much more
Melissa Rudd is joined by Barry Glendenning, Jonathan Wilson and Paul MacInnes as they go through the weekend’s footballing action, starting at Stamford Bridge where Ross Barkley’s late equaliser sparked an almighty brouhaha, involving José Mourinho, Marco Ianni and co.Continue reading...
- Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:12:36 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Chelsea | The Guardian
Woefully leaky Fulham are on course to concede 100 goals, and is it nearly time for Álvaro Morata and Chelsea to part ways?
On the eve of the new season Slavisa Jokanovic said Fulham “don’t have to change much but we need to be intelligent. We need to grow up.” Two months down the line and either Jokanovic underestimated how much Fulham needed to adapt to be ready for the Premier League or his players are not being as smart as he had hoped. Whatever the answer, Fulham did not spend more than £100m in the summer to be languishing in the relegation zone with one win from nine games and a defensive record that is in danger of becoming an embarrassment. Alarm bells should be ringing after Cardiff, who had scored only four times in their opening eight games, doubled their tally for the season against Jokanovic’s porous team. As things stand, Fulham are on course to concede more than 100 goals this season. They need to wise up fast. Stuart JamesContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.