The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 04 Dec 2019 21:30:01 +0000: Chelsea’s Mason Mount ends goal drought and Aston Villa resistance - Chelsea | The Guardian
When it was over John Terry stepped on to the pitch he graced for all those years and spent a few minutes lapping up the acclaim of the crowd.
Chelsea’s supporters wanted to show their appreciation for their former captain and they could afford to be generous with their applause after watching their young side ensure that Aston Villa’s first-team coach did not enjoy his big homecoming too much, earning three vital points thanks to excellent goals from Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount.Continue reading...
- Tue, 03 Dec 2019 22:40:00 +0000: Frank Lampard and John Terry double act ‘never an option’ at Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
• ‘He’s very settled at Aston Villa,’ says Lampard
• Terry’s decision to start in management as a No 2 ‘a good choice’
Frank Lampard has said he did not consider asking John Terry to join his coaching staff at Chelsea last summer and believes his former teammate is benefiting from working as Dean Smith’s assistant at Aston Villa.
Terry, who returns to Stamford Bridge to sit in the away dugout on Wednesday, joined Smith’s backroom staff after retiring in 2018 and Lampard said he had never given thought to luring the former Chelsea captain from Villa.Continue reading...
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 17:53:09 +0000: Kick It Out reports alleged homophobic chants by West Ham fans to FA - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Kick It Out received numerous reports from game at Chelsea
• West Ham reiterate commitment to Rainbow Laces campaign
The FA has been made aware of numerous allegations of homophobic chanting by West Ham fans during Saturday’s match at Chelsea.
The claims, which were collated by Kick it Out and corroborated by Chelsea and West Ham LGBTQ groups, come in the midst of the annual Rainbow Laces campaign, football’s attempt to confront homophobia in the game.Continue reading...
- Mon, 02 Dec 2019 09:00:29 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Chelsea | The Guardian
Chelsea toothless without Tammy Abraham, Everton better than results suggest and clever Jonjo Shelvey helps Liverpool
After a medley of mid-table finishes, could this be the season Crystal Palace return to the top half? They finished 10th four years ago under Alan Pardew and after victory at Burnley are part of a chasing pack on the tails of fifth-placed Tottenham. The win stopped a worrying rot of five games without victory and, with Wilfried Zaha having come to the fore in recent outings, there is plenty for a painfully inconsistent Palace to build on. December looks kind, too, with Bournemouth the visitors to Selhurst Park on Tuesday before matches against Watford, Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham and Southampton. After a quiet start Zaha, who has scored in successive games, is beginning to take centre stage, which is right where Palace need him. “He has been very good in recent games,” Roy Hodgson said. “We are grateful for the three points but now we need to use this feeling going forwards.” Ben FisherContinue reading...
- Sun, 01 Dec 2019 19:48:54 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Chelsea | The Guardian
Clean sheets and winking managers in this week’s roundup of the best top-flight pictures
- View the Dozen archive
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.