The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:49:29 +0000: Derby owner wants Frank Lampard ‘for the long term’ despite Chelsea interest - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Lampard is favourite to replace Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea
• Mel Morris: ‘We want to retain his services for the long term’
Derby’s owner Mel Morris has stressed the club want to keep Frank Lampard as manager “for the long term” amid interest from Chelsea.
The former Chelsea midfielder Lampard has emerged as the favourite for the Stamford Bridge vacancy following Maurizio Sarri’s move to Juventus.Continue reading...
- Sun, 16 Jun 2019 14:09:08 +0000: Maurizio Sarri: a look back at the Italian's highs and lows at Chelsea – video - Chelsea | The Guardian
Maurizio Sarri has joined Juventus on a three-year contract after securing his release from Chelsea. The 60-year-old had a turbulent tenure as manager, winning the Europa League in a comfortable 4-1 victory over Arsenal and suffering the Blues' worst ever Premier League defeat, at the hands of Manchester City. Chelsea are eyeing up club legend Frank Lampard as his replacementContinue reading...
- Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:03:20 +0000: Chelsea confirm Maurizio Sarri’s exit and will ask for Frank Lampard talks - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Sarri appointed by Juventus on three-year deal
• Chelsea want Lampard from Derby to replace him
Chelsea are primed to make an approach to Derby for Frank Lampard, after they confirmed they had allowed Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus after one season at the club.
The Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia said: “In talks we had following the Europa League final, Maurizio made it clear how strongly he desired to return to his native country, explaining that his reasons for wanting to return to work in Italy were significant.Continue reading...
- Sat, 15 Jun 2019 13:41:38 +0000: Aston Villa target loan move for Chelsea teenager Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Other clubs monitoring Welshman’s availability
• Villa’s John Terry knows Ampadu from Chelsea training
Aston Villa are interested in signing Ethan Ampadu on a season-long loan from Chelsea if the 18-year-old becomes available this summer. Ampadu, who played more for his country than his club last season, is set to be targeted by Villa should Chelsea decide that the Wales international would benefit from playing regular first-team football elsewhere for a year.
Ampadu, who joined Chelsea from Exeter City two years ago, is highly rated and several other clubs are monitoring his potential availability – something that will only become clear once Maurizio Sarri’s replacement at Stamford Bridge has had an opportunity to assess the squad.Continue reading...
- Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:38:34 +0000: Chelsea make Frank Lampard their No 1 target to replace Maurizio Sarri - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Club set to make formal approach to Derby for manager
• Derby would be due around £4m in compensation
Chelsea are set to make a formal approach to Derby County after earmarking Frank Lampard as their preferred candidate to succeed the Juventus-bound Maurizio Sarri.
The Championship club would be due around £4m in compensation for their manager, who is one season into a three-year contract, and are understood to be planning for life without Lampard. The former England midfielder enjoyed a glittering 13-year stint as a player at Chelsea, establishing himself as the club’s record goalscorer, and although he accepts his coaching career is in its infancy, the opportunity to take over in south-west London would surely be hard to resist.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.