The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:40:12 +0000: Manchester United fans condemn FA Cup final ticket price rises of up to 35% - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Supporters’ trust says prices for Chelsea game are ‘extortionate’
• FA has raised the price of all but the cheapest seats
The raising of FA Cup final ticket prices by up to 35% by the Football Association has been branded “extortionate” by the Manchester United Supporters’ Trust.
The increase in ticket costs, apart from in the lowest category four band, for United’s meeting with Chelsea has been met with dismay by MUST. Category four had the lowest allocation of 10,057 and 10,144 seats for the 2016 and 2017 finals respectively, so the same can be expected for the game at Wembley on 19 May. Those tickets cost £45.Continue reading...
- Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:06:02 +0000: Fran Kirby named Football Writers’ Women’s Footballer of the Year - Chelsea | The Guardian
• 24-year-old former Reading player picks up inaugural award
• ‘To be the first recipient of this honour and award is so special’
Fran Kirby has won the inaugural women’s footballer of the year award from the Football Writers’ Association.
The Chelsea and England striker has scored 22 goals for the Women’s Super League leaders across all competitions this season.Continue reading...
- Mon, 23 Apr 2018 21:30:02 +0000: Gary Cahill tires of having to show Chelsea he is still the main man - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Centre-half says he has nothing to prove at Chelsea
• Cahill: ‘Wining the FA Cup would rescue our season’
Gary Cahill hopes his return to the Chelsea starting XI can bring about a happy end to the season for himself and his club but admits it is tiring having to prove himself at the age of 32.
The club captain played his part in a 2-0 win against Southampton on Sunday that sent Chelsea into the FA Cup final against Manchester United and he believes a trophy can yet rescue their season.Continue reading...
- Mon, 23 Apr 2018 07:12:02 +0000: FA Cup and Premier League: talking points from the weekend's action - Chelsea | The Guardian
Harry Kane is out of sorts, Joe Hart soars before being floored, and Stoke must choose between youth and experience up front
While Southampton will take something from getting this far in the world’s most celebrated domestic cup competition there are other, more pressing priorities, such as making a late dash for safety in the Premier League. Can they take any hope from their performance? Not from the first half. Olivier Giroud’s goal at the beginning of the second period forced Mark Hughes to change things, however, and it was to his team’s benefit. A 3-5-2 became a 3-4-3 and suddenly Charlie Austin was getting service. Southampton will feel they could and should have had an equaliser before Chelsea settled the game, with Austin the likely outlet. The substitutes Dusan Tadic and Nathan Redmond, meanwhile, were assertive and threatening. Southampton need that level of performance again, from the first whistle, against Bournemouth next weekend. Paul MacInnesContinue reading...
- Sun, 22 Apr 2018 19:21:45 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League and FA Cup photos - Chelsea | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from the FA Cup and England’s top flightContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.