The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:30:17 +0000: The big exodus: why are young English players moving abroad? | Ed Aarons - Chelsea | The Guardian
Jonathan Panzo’s decision to swap Chelsea for Monaco is the latest example of a promising English prospect seeking first-team football abroad rather than at the club that nurtured them
Ian Rush blames it all on Kenny Dalglish. “I didn’t actually say Italy was ‘like living in a foreign country’,” insisted the former Liverpool striker in an interview in 2016. “When he re-signed me, a reporter asked me, ‘Why have you come back?’ Kenny quipped, ‘He said it was like playing in a foreign country’. He’s got a lot to answer for.”
But while Rush would be the first to admit Juventus supporters did not see the best of him during his solitary season in Italy in 1987 as he struggled with a new language and culture, the next generation of young British players are taking the plunge and heading overseas in search of opportunities to play.
Reo Griffith - Tottenham to LyonContinue reading...
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 17:26:34 +0000: Kepa Arrizabalaga and Alisson show youth beats experience for keepers | Paul Wilson - Chelsea | The Guardian
The old-fashioned assumption that keepers can go on forever appears to be drawing to a close
A debate is still raging over whether the spectacular late winner Wayne Rooney created to help DC United beat Orlando City on Sunday was a highlight of the MLS season or a confirmation of limited standards across the pond, though looked at another way it could be seen as a terrific advertisement for Premier League football.
Rooney, lest it ever be forgotten, spent his last couple of English seasons chugging around for little return, frequently inviting the comment he had lost his pace and had grown old before his time. Now he finds himself rejuvenated, looking like a giant among pygmies or the seasoned professional who joins the neighbourhood kids for a kickabout in the park.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:56:32 +0000: Chelsea midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko moves to Milan on a season-long loan - Chelsea | The Guardian
• France midfielder will spend season at San Siro
• Deal could become permanent next summer for around £35m
The Chelsea midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko has completed a season-long loan move to Milan.
The deal for Bakayoko, who joined Chelsea from Monaco last summer for £39.7m, could be turned into a permanent move for a fee in the region of £35m.Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:48:05 +0000: David Squires on … the return of the Premier League season - Chelsea | The Guardian
Our cartoonist on a Mo Salah superfan, an underwhelmed Maurizio Sarri and Arsenal’s new 15-year-oldContinue reading...
- Mon, 13 Aug 2018 18:00:37 +0000: Ruben Loftus-Cheek to reject Schalke loan to fight for Chelsea midfield spot - Chelsea | The Guardian
• German club want England international to replace Max Meyer
• Milan sign Tiémoué Bakayoko on season loan from Chelsea
Ruben Loftus-Cheek is set to reject the chance to move to the Bundesliga club Schalke on a season-long loan, with the midfielder determined to force his way into the Chelsea first-team.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.