Championship latest transfer news for 2017 – 2018 and Beyond
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:49:20 +0000: Championship roundup: Bournemouth go top while Derby woes continue - Championship | The Guardian
- Philip Billing and Dominic Solanke put Cherries in control
- Billy Sharp’s late penalty piles on pain for 10-man Derby
Bournemouth climbed to the top of the Championship with a 2-1 victory over Luton as the Cherries continued their unbeaten start.
West Brom’s victory over QPR on Friday night had knocked Scott Parker’s side off the top, but they restored their lead thanks to Philip Billing’s volley in the 17th-minute – his fifth goal of the season – and Dominic Solanke’s header. Reece Burke pulled one back for the visitors in the 64th minute.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 22:15:08 +0000: Championship: West Brom fight back to deny QPR, Coventry climb into top two - Championship | The Guardian
- Karlan Grant scores late winner to take Baggies back to top
- Viktor Gyökeres at the double in 3-0 win over Peterborough
Karlan Grant made the difference as West Brom produced a late fightback to beat QPR 2-1 at the Hawthorns on Friday and go back to the top of the Championship.
Rangers went ahead in the first minute when a through ball by Moses Odubajo caught the Albion defence napping, putting Andre Gray clean through. The Wolverhampton-born striker took a touch and slotted the ball past goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 Sep 2021 16:05:19 +0000: Derby’s Wayne Rooney hits out at ‘disrespectful’ owner Mel Morris - Championship | The Guardian
- Rooney: Morris wasn’t honest after club entered administration
- Pair have not spoken in more than six weeks
Wayne Rooney has laid bare the chaos at crisis-hit Derby County by revealing he has not spoken with Mel Morris for more than six weeks and said the owner’s address in the wake of entering administration was insincere.
Morris met playing and coaching staff on Tuesday, 24 hours before the insolvency specialists Quantuma were placed in control of the Championship club. The administrators have conceded there will be several redundancies but said they are confident Derby would not be liquidated and that a buyer would be found, with six parties expressing their interest.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 13:37:33 +0000: Derby fall to last place with 12-point deduction for entering administration - Championship | The Guardian
- Rooney’s team six points adrift at foot of Championship
- Administrators invite interested parties to come forward
Derby have been docked 12 points by the English Football League, sending them to the foot of the Championship, after confirming the appointment of administrators. Wayne Rooney’s side had 10 points from eight games but are now six points adrift of second-bottom Nottingham Forest.
A Derby statement said Andrew Hosking, Carl Jackson and Andrew Andronikou of the business advisory firm Quantuma would serve as joint administrators. Derby had signalled their intention to appoint administrators last week, citing a failure to identify new owners and the continued impact of Covid-19 on revenue streams.Continue reading...
- Tue, 21 Sep 2021 15:30:08 +0000: Reading in line for points deduction over breach of EFL financial rules - Championship | The Guardian
- Championship club face losing six to nine points
- Reading were placed under transfer embargo in summer
Reading are set to be deducted between six and nine points by the English Football League for breaching financial rules. The Championship club are under embargo for breaching profit and sustainability regulations and are in talks over agreeing a sanction that could drop them into the relegation zone. Crisis-hit Derby County are also in line to receive a points penalty for financial breaches.
The embargo placed on Reading in the summer limited them to free transfers and loans, with Danny Drinkwater arriving from Chelsea last month. Profit and sustainability rules permit a maximum £39m loss across three seasons. Reading’s reported £41m wage bill in 2018-19 equated to 194% of turnover.Continue reading...
Archived News for the Championship has been added below:
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:51:29 +0000: Stoke City 2-0 Hull City: Vrancic and Powell score as Potters win again - BBC Sport - Championship
Mario Vrancic and Nick Powell net the goals as Stoke City beat Hull City to maintain this season's unbeaten home record.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 18:12:52 +0000: Birmingham City 0-0 Preston North End: Blues held to goalless draw at home - BBC Sport - Championship
Birmingham City are held to a goalless draw at home to Preston North End.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:59:23 +0000: Bristol City 1-1 Fulham: Kasey Palmer's equaliser earns Robins a point - BBC Sport - Championship
Bristol City fight back to draw 1-1 at home to Fulham in an entertaining match full of chances at Ashton Gate.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:55:20 +0000: Reading 1-0 Middlesbrough: Alen Halilovic wins it with first goal for Royals - BBC Sport - Championship
Alen Halilovic scores his first goal for the club as Reading beat Middlesbrough, who have Matt Crooks sent off late on.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:54:25 +0000: Blackpool 1-0 Barnsley: Shayne Lavery goal gives Seasiders victory - BBC Sport - Championship
Shayne Lavery scores his sixth goal of the season to give Blackpool victory over struggling Barnsley.
Today has seen the signing of young striker Charlie Strutton for struggling side AFC Wimbledon after he had impressed Terry Brown whilst on a three week trial earlier in the year. Barnsley have today signed winger David Cotterill on a free transfer which could see the player making his debut for the club this weekend.
Championship top dogs West Ham have today sealed the double signing of Ravel Morrison from Manchester United as well as Ricardo Vaz Te from Barnsley. The young starlet ravel Morrison is believed to have attracted a lot of interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs such as Barcelona, Roma and Paris St Germain but has decided to stay in the English divisions.
Vaz Te has had an extremely good season so far with the Portuguese striker already netting ten times for former club Barnsley.
Sussex club Brighton have completed the signing of two Manchester City players on loan until the end of the season which again cemented the up and coming clubs ambition to gain entry into the premier league. The club has signed Abdul Razak and Gai Assulin who are both midfielders who have failed to break through into the first team at Manchester City. On another plus side for the Sussex club their influential winger craig Noone has committed his future to the club stating he is more than happy at the seagulls amid speculation that he could be joining Cardiff City in the summer after the Welsh club had a £1.2 million offer turned down by Gus Poyet in January.
Cardiff Cities formidable striker has today stated that he would indeed be extremely happy to extend his loan spell at league one side Scunthorpe United with the striker claiming he prefers life at the club. Cardiff winger Peter Whttingham has today stated that he is convinced he made the correct decision to commit himself to the Welsh club amid speculation that he could have joined West Ham during the January transfer window.
Richard Keogh has again reinforced his commitment to Coventry City by stating he would be more than happy to open contract negotiations with the club before the end of the season. This will be great news for manager Andy Thorn as he is already looking to bolster his squad for next season and would have thought of it as a detrimental loss to have lost Keogh for next season.
Ben reeves has today made his switch from Southampton to league two team Dagenham & Redbridge on a twelve month loan deal. Southampton have also gladly received back today forward Ryan Doyle from his loan spell at Bury and the influential forward is more than happy to be back.
Leeds United new boy boss Neil Warnock has today signed the Portsmouth forward Danny Webber on a deal that will see him at the club until the end of the season. Warnock has today also stated that he will have to wait until the end of the season before he can make any new moves for players until he assesses the financial situation. James Harper has today completed his move to Wycombe from title chasing league one team Hull City on a short term loan deal which will see him remain for just over a month.
Hull City have finally completed an interesting and what they hope will be a extremely beneficial loan deal for Joshua King. The Manchester united starlet will remain with the side until the end of the season with the possibility of extending it past that date. Mixed News