Championship latest transfer news for 2017 – 2018 and Beyond
- Tue, 22 May 2018 20:18:45 +0000: Stoke City appoint Gary Rowett as manager on three-year contract - Championship | The Guardian
• Rowett leaves Derby after clubs agree compensation package
• 44-year-old replaces Paul Lambert, who left the club last week
Stoke City have appointed Gary Rowett as their new manager on a three-year contract after agreeing a compensation package with Derby County.
They will be looking to him to bring about an immediate return to the Premier League after replacing Paul Lambert, who left the club last Friday after their relegation to the Championship.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:59:51 +0000: QPR appoint Steve McClaren as new manager on two-year contract - Championship | The Guardian
• 57-year-old ‘excited by challenge’ after replacing Ian Holloway
• McClaren’s most recent role was in Israel with Maccabi Tel-Aviv
Queens Park Rangers have appointed Steve McClaren as manager in place of Ian Holloway, sacked after the club finished 16th in the Championship.
McClaren has agreed a two-year contract at Loftus Road, having briefly worked at QPR as a first-team coach with Harry Redknapp in 2013. The 57-year-old has been away from English football since leaving Derby in March last year, with his last role as a consultant for Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Israel.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:50:18 +0000: Frank de Boer and Graham Potter lead race to take Swansea manager’s job - Championship | The Guardian
• Carlos Carvalhal’s departure confirmed after relegation
• De Boer has been out of work since sacking by Crystal Palace
Graham Potter and Frank de Boer are the leading candidates to take over at Swansea as the Welsh club look to appoint their fifth permanent manager in two years following confirmation that Carlos Carvalhal has departed in the wake of relegation.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 14:30:16 +0000: Carlos Carvalhal best Swansea City quotes: 'Sardines can become sea bass'– video - Championship | The Guardian
Carlos Carvalhal's tenure as Swansea City manager has come to an end after they were relegated from the Premier League. However, the Portuguese manager has always been creative with his words, providing us with some wonderful moments throughout the season. From sea bass to rock 'n' roll, here are Carvalhal's best bits
- Tue, 15 May 2018 22:34:00 +0000: Aston Villa survive late Stewart Downing scare to reach Wembley final - Championship | The Guardian
A long, traumatic season for Steve Bruce could yet deliver a happy ending of sorts as Aston Villa moved to within 90 minutes of a return to the Premier League. For Bruce, who has been through such a distressing time after losing both parents in the last three months, it would be a remarkable achievement if he can see this gruelling campaign through and mastermind his fifth promotion to the top flight.Continue reading...
Archived News for the Championship has been added below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:08:35 +0000: Burton announce Flanagan departure - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sky Bet Championship | BBC
Burton Albion announce that defender Tom Flanagan is to leave the club, despite having "verbally agreed" a new deal.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:17:38 +0000: Leeds United buy back Elland Road - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sky Bet Championship | BBC
Championship side Leeds United buy back their Elland Road ground, 13 years after selling it.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:08:39 +0000: Bond reunited with Redknapp at Birmingham - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sky Bet Championship | BBC
Birmingham City appoint Kevin Bond as Harry Redknapp's number two - the fifth time they have worked together.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 17:03:41 +0000: Ipswich sign Cardiff midfielder Huws - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sky Bet Championship | BBC
Ipswich Town sign midfielder Emyr Huws from Championship rivals Cardiff City, while goalkeeper Dean Gerken agrees a new deal.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Sky Bet Championship | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
Today has seen the signing of young striker Charlie Strutton for struggling side AFC Wimbledon after he had impressed Terry Brown whilst on a three week trial earlier in the year. Barnsley have today signed winger David Cotterill on a free transfer which could see the player making his debut for the club this weekend.
Championship top dogs West Ham have today sealed the double signing of Ravel Morrison from Manchester United as well as Ricardo Vaz Te from Barnsley. The young starlet ravel Morrison is believed to have attracted a lot of interest from some of Europe’s biggest clubs such as Barcelona, Roma and Paris St Germain but has decided to stay in the English divisions.
Vaz Te has had an extremely good season so far with the Portuguese striker already netting ten times for former club Barnsley.
Sussex club Brighton have completed the signing of two Manchester City players on loan until the end of the season which again cemented the up and coming clubs ambition to gain entry into the premier league. The club has signed Abdul Razak and Gai Assulin who are both midfielders who have failed to break through into the first team at Manchester City. On another plus side for the Sussex club their influential winger craig Noone has committed his future to the club stating he is more than happy at the seagulls amid speculation that he could be joining Cardiff City in the summer after the Welsh club had a £1.2 million offer turned down by Gus Poyet in January.
Cardiff Cities formidable striker has today stated that he would indeed be extremely happy to extend his loan spell at league one side Scunthorpe United with the striker claiming he prefers life at the club. Cardiff winger Peter Whttingham has today stated that he is convinced he made the correct decision to commit himself to the Welsh club amid speculation that he could have joined West Ham during the January transfer window.
Richard Keogh has again reinforced his commitment to Coventry City by stating he would be more than happy to open contract negotiations with the club before the end of the season. This will be great news for manager Andy Thorn as he is already looking to bolster his squad for next season and would have thought of it as a detrimental loss to have lost Keogh for next season.
Ben reeves has today made his switch from Southampton to league two team Dagenham & Redbridge on a twelve month loan deal. Southampton have also gladly received back today forward Ryan Doyle from his loan spell at Bury and the influential forward is more than happy to be back.
Leeds United new boy boss Neil Warnock has today signed the Portsmouth forward Danny Webber on a deal that will see him at the club until the end of the season. Warnock has today also stated that he will have to wait until the end of the season before he can make any new moves for players until he assesses the financial situation. James Harper has today completed his move to Wycombe from title chasing league one team Hull City on a short term loan deal which will see him remain for just over a month.
Hull City have finally completed an interesting and what they hope will be a extremely beneficial loan deal for Joshua King. The Manchester united starlet will remain with the side until the end of the season with the possibility of extending it past that date.