West Ham United Latest Team News
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:29:22 +0000: Michail Antonio’s late winner stuns Leeds to give West Ham victory - West Ham United | The Guardian
A pedestrian island on a road outside Leeds’s stadium is adorned with an evocative sign declaring: “In Bielsa We Trust.” That belief is far from broken but, for probably the first time since Marcelo Bielsa took charge, it is coming under slight strain.
With six Premier League games completed, his fabulous to watch yet self-destructively flawed side are still yet to win this season and could have done without Michail Antonio’s 90th-minute winner for David Moyes’s impressively resilient, if slightly fortunate, West Ham.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 16:24:19 +0000: Leeds v West Ham: match preview - West Ham United | The Guardian
After five Premier League games without victory, Leeds hope to end the first real mini crisis of Marcelo Bielsa’s three-year tenure by beating West Ham but it will not be easy. Bielsa could be without five key first-teamers including his centre-forward Patrick Bamford, who has already been ruled out with an ankle injury. “There comes a time when you have to demonstrate the project can resolve these uncomfortable situations,” said the Leeds manager. “We have sufficient players and we are prepared to adapt to the absences.” Such adaption will entail no change of playing philosophy. “Our project is to play the same as last year,” said Bielsa. “I don’t see the opponent has any different antidotes to those used last season.” Louise Taylor
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:30:10 +0000: Carabao Cup fourth round draw: West Ham v Man City, Arsenal v Leeds – as it happened - West Ham United | The Guardian
West Ham’s reward for beating Manchester United at Old Trafford is a tie against their neighbours while Preston will host Liverpool
Millwall: Long, Hutchinson, Murray Wallace, Cooper, Leonard, Pearce, Thompson, Mahoney, Mitchell, Evans, Bradshaw.
Subs: Smith, Malone, Saville, Bodvarsson, Afobe, Ballard, Bialkowski.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:10:52 +0000: West Ham’s Lanzini strikes to knock Manchester United out of Carabao Cup - West Ham United | The Guardian
West Ham gained revenge for defeat three days ago, eliminating at the first hurdle a Manchester United who have twice been semi-finalists under Ole Gunnar Solskjær. For the closing minutes the manager called on Bruno Fernandes: the move said that the second string he sent out had failed and that the hope now was on his talisman saving the side yet again.
It was not to be. For David Moyes, a former United manager, this was a special win – a first in nine attempts since being sacked by the club – as he saw his men score early, then rely on guts, luck and their wits. Despite Fernandes offering a late show of energy, the visitors motored back to east London with a hard-earned victory and will take on Manchester City in the fourth round.Continue reading...
- Sun, 19 Sep 2021 17:41:28 +0000: Noble and Moyes share the blame after West Ham throw point away | Jonathan Liew - West Ham United | The Guardian
Hammers went toe to toe with Manchester United and shouldn’t have been relying on a late penalty to earn a draw
Something about it just felt wrong. Brave and heroic and wrong. Suspenseful and theatrical and wrong. This isn’t simply hindsight talking: the introduction of Mark Noble deep into injury time at the London Stadium, for the sole purpose of taking a crucial penalty with West Ham 2-1 down to Manchester United, was greeted by the home fans with the sort of qualified exultation that you might expect at a party when one of the guests turns up with a live goat. Obviously, you know, this is a very cool surprise. Well done on making the effort. We can’t wait to see what happens next. But, um – are you sure you’ve thought this through?
You don’t hear a lot these days about Calum Giles, the former stalwart Great Britain hockey player, and probably not without good reason. But back in the 1990s, Giles was a master of the drag flick who in the wake of the sport’s new rolling substitution rules carved himself out a hugely profitable niche as a specialist penalty-corner taker.Continue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:09:49 +0000: Leeds United 1-2 West Ham United: Marcelo Bielsa says draw would have been fair - BBC Sport
Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa says his side deserved a draw against West Ham after Michail Antonio's late winner cost them a point at Elland Road.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:50:29 +0000: Leeds United 1-2 West Ham United: Hammers got there in the end - David Moyes - BBC Sport
West Ham United manager David Moyes says his side "got there in the end" as Michail Antonio's 90th-minute goal earned them a late win at Elland Road.
- Sat, 25 Sep 2021 16:40:04 +0000: Leeds United 1-2 West Ham United: Marcelo Bielsa's side continue winless run - BBC Sport
Michail Antonio's 90th-minute winner for West Ham at Elland Road leaves Leeds still searching for a first Premier League win of the season.
- Fri, 24 Sep 2021 06:39:23 +0000: Michail Antonio: How West Ham striker's drive took him from non-league to Premier League - BBC Sport
Michail Antonio has broken a club record and made his international debut this season - and is inspiring those on the non-league scene where he started out.
- Wed, 22 Sep 2021 21:05:46 +0000: Manchester United 0-1 West Ham: Lanzini puts Hammers into fourth round of Carabao Cup - BBC Sport
West Ham gain revenge for Sunday's Premier League defeat by Manchester United by knocking their hosts out of the Carabao Cup at Old Trafford.