West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 22:30:43 +0000: David Moyes insists West Ham is not his last chance in management - West Ham United | The Guardian
• New manager looks to halt club’s slump at Watford
• Stuart Pearce ‘will play a big role’, says Moyes
David Moyes has denied that taking over from Slaven Bilic at West Ham represents his last chance in football management and the Scot is confident he can arrest a slump that has left his new side in the relegation zone.
Before Sunday’s trip to face Watford at Vicarage Road Moyes pledged to tackle the indiscipline that has undermined West Ham’s dreadful start to the campaign and led to Bilic becoming the first manager to leave the club during the course of a season since Alan Curbishley resigned in September 2008.Continue reading...
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 09:00:28 +0000: Watford v West Ham United: match preview - West Ham United | The Guardian
David Moyes takes charge of his 500th Premier League game and his first as West Ham United manager. Unfortunately he will be without the club’s top scorer, Javier Hernández, who was injured playing for Mexico. Despite Moyes’s emphasis on improved work ethic, Marco Silva will probably look to apply as much pressure on West Ham’s porous defence as possible to stop a run of three defeats. Graham Searles
Kick-off Sunday 4pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:42:00 +0000: David Moyes urges Marko Arnautovic to up his game for West Ham - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Austrian has been big disappointment since signing from Stoke City for £24m
• ‘If you don’t run for the team, then you don’t play either,’ manager said
Marko Arnautovic faces a fight to prove he has a future at West Ham after David Moyes warned the club’s record signing that he will not pick him until he becomes a team player.
The Austrian has been a big disappointment since his £24m move from Stoke City in the summer, failing to create or score a single goal in the Premier League, and he could fall victim to Moyes’s desire to shake up a lopsided squad unless he applies himself better before the transfer window opens in January. West Ham’s new manager, who has been tasked with pulling his team out of the bottom three after replacing Slaven Bilic on an initial six-month deal, has made it clear to the left-sided forward that he did not work hard enough under the previous management.Continue reading...
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:08:24 +0000: Premier League health check: the overachievers and underperformers | Paul Wilson - West Ham United | The Guardian
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour
They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tell you is that during the dog days of an international break, when nothing falls or rises and hopes and fears are put on temporary hold, the narrative becomes a bit less compelling.
You get sick of looking at the same thing, in other words, although Burnley, Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield will probably never tire of waiting for winter and the real meat of the season from a position in the top half of the table. As far as the first third of the season goes, some of those clubs are among the big winners, simply for delighting their fans by doing better than expected.Continue reading...
- Sun, 12 Nov 2017 23:24:02 +0000: West Ham’s David Moyes appoints Alan Irvine and Stuart Pearce as assistants - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Moyes boss brings back former assistant Irvine and ex-West Ham player Pearce
• Sunderland coach Billy McKinlay set to follow “in the coming days”
West Ham manager David Moyes has filled out his backroom staff by appointing Alan Irvine and Stuart Pearce as assistants, with Sunderland coach Billy McKinlay set to follow in the coming days.
Moyes was confirmed as the Hammers manager last week after Slaven Bilic was sacked, despite significant adverse reaction from the club’s supporters. Now he has brought in two men he has worked with before, while Pearce returns to the club he made 50 appearances for between 1999 and 2001.Continue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.