West Ham United Latest Team News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 21 May 2018 16:14:42 +0000: Manuel Pellegrini set to be confirmed as West Ham’s new manager - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Chilean agrees three-year deal after talks with David Sullivan
• Pellegrini will be given full control of transfers at London club
Manuel Pellegrini is set to be announced as West Ham United’s new manager after holding talks with the club’s co-owner David Sullivan in London on Monday.
Pellegrini has agreed a three-year deal worth £10m a year with West Ham, who parted company with David Moyes last week, and it is understood that the Chilean will be given full control of transfers by Sullivan, who had announced his intention to appoint a “high-calibre” appointment after the departure of Moyes, who walked away after the club openly began speaking to other candidates for his job. West Ham’s first choice was Rafael Benítez but they were forced to make alternative plans after seeing the Spaniard was minded to stay at Newcastle United.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 May 2018 18:49:00 +0000: Manuel Pellegrini favourite to succeed David Moyes at West Ham - West Ham United | The Guardian
• Chilean due in London for talks with David Sullivan
• Pellegrini led Manchester City to 2014 Premier League title
Manuel Pellegrini is the favourite to succeed David Moyes as manager of West Ham United, with the club expected to make an announcement on their chosen candidate next week.
Pellegrini, who led Manchester City to the Premier League title in 2014 and is in charge at Hebei China Fortune, is due in London for talks with David Sullivan, the West Ham co-chairman.Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 May 2018 21:23:40 +0000: West Ham ready to approach Newcastle for Rafael Benítez - West Ham United | The Guardian
• West Ham seriously considering paying £6m release clause
• Newcastle manager is their first choice to replace David Moyes
West Ham are ready to make a formal approach for Rafael Benítez and are giving serious consideration to triggering the £6m release clause in the Newcastle United manager’s contract.
Benítez is the first choice to replace David Moyes but West Ham want to keep their options open and retain a strong interest in Manuel Pellegrini. While they have denied a report in Chile claiming that the former Manchester City coach is set to be unveiled in London, they want to speak to him. Newcastle’s manager, however, remains West Ham’s No 1 choice and there is increasing concern on Tyneside that Benítez will move if he receives a satisfactory offer.Continue reading...
- Wed, 16 May 2018 23:35:34 +0000: West Ham’s hardball approach to finding a manager already looks risky | Jacob Steinberg - West Ham United | The Guardian
David Sullivan promised a ‘high-profile’ appointment but having already lost out on one, the co-owner has to get it right this time
Even as late as Tuesday night, David Moyes had the backing of one of West Ham’s owners. But when David Gold appeared on Sky Sports News to throw his support behind Moyes, his words only heightened the growing uncertainty. A day earlier, after all, David Sullivan had met Shakhtar Donetsk’s Paulo Fonseca at his Essex mansion and that left Moyes feeling he had to take matters into his own hands.
Sullivan, not Gold, is the man who holds the power at West Ham. He was the one on the other end of the phone when Moyes said he no longer had any interest in extending his contract and he is the one promising the club will make a “high-calibre” appointment by the end of next week. After two turbulent seasons at the London Stadium, the pressure has gone up another level.Continue reading...
- Wed, 16 May 2018 11:27:43 +0000: West Ham target Manuel Pellegrini after David Moyes decides to walk - West Ham United | The Guardian
• West Ham keen to speak to former Manchester City manager
• Moyes departs following expiry of six-month contract
West Ham want to interview Manuel Pellegrini after Shakhtar Donetsk’s Paulo Fonseca ruled himself out of the running to replace David Moyes.
The club are hoping to make an appointment by the end of next week after Moyes told David Sullivan, West Ham’s co-owner, he was no longer interested in extending his stay at the London Stadium. The pair had been expected to meet next week but it is understood Moyes has decided to seek new opportunities after growing tired with his treatment.Continue reading...
The West Ham News Archives are as follows:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Sat, 24 Jun 2017 06:20:53 +0000: World Cup winner Arbeloa retires aged 34 - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Former Liverpool, Real Madrid and West Ham defender Alvaro Arbeloa is retiring from football at the age of 34.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 15:55:41 +0000: West Ham's Oxford joins Gladbach - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
West Ham defender Reece Oxford joins German side Borussia Monchengladbach on a season-long loan deal.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 06:59:41 +0000: Man Utd top football rich list - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about West Ham United | BBC
Manchester United overtake Real Madrid as the world's most valuable football team, according to business magazine Forbes.