The Latest Southampton FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 21 Jan 2020 21:33:57 +0000: Nathan Redmond keeps Southampton rising at expense of Crystal Palace - Southampton | The Guardian
Crystal Palace became the latest victims of Southampton’s purple patch as goals either side of half-time from Nathan Redmond and Stuart Armstrong saw Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side record a fourth away victory in succession in the Premier League.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:51:54 +0000: The Dozen: Pickford flies and red skies – best Premier League photos - Southampton | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s actionContinue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 08:32:17 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Southampton | The Guardian
Grealish, Saka and Chalobah shine in draws, while Newcastle are ready for reinforcements after a late win
Arsenal’s injury problems at left‑back have led them to explore signing Layvin Kurzawa from Paris Saint-Germain. But what if the solution lies closer to home? Bukayo Saka is 18 and earlier this season was being rightly lauded for his rich promise as a flying winger. But he has filled in at full‑back four times in the past month, most recently against Sheffield United on Saturday, and looks the part. Saka is tenacious, diligent, has speed and energy to burn and a knack of picking out teammates with his deliveries. “I think he could,” Mikel Arteta said when asked if Saka could carve out a long-term future in the role. “He is someone that’s never played there before but he’s really trying to do it as well as possible. You can see that he’s got many strengths to play in that position.” Club and manager might have hit upon something far more exciting than they expected. Nick AmesContinue reading...
- Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:41:00 +0000: Raúl Jiménez proves a talisman in Wolves’ 3-2 fightback at Southampton - Southampton | The Guardian
Just as it seemed Wolves had run out of puff, they mustered the strength to launch a spirited second-half fightback to earn an extraordinary comeback victory. Adama Traoré proved the catalyst but Raúl Jiménez was the talisman again, impeccably steering home the winner having earlier rolled in the equaliser from the penalty spot.
Pedro Neto kickstarted a stirring retort eight minutes after the interval, at which point Southampton were two goals to the good. This was Wolves’ 39th game in a marathon season but they had no intention of making excuses and Nuno Espírito Santo, too, preserved some energy to toast victory with supporters at full time.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Jan 2020 10:20:13 +0000: Southampton v Wolves: match preview - Southampton | The Guardian
After surging clear of the relegation battle, Southampton can afford to start looking up rather than down – and victory would put them level with Wolves and in the hunt for Europe. Ralph Hasenhüttl has no new injury concerns, while Diogo Jota is not quite ready to return for the visitors. Wolves could use extra firepower: they have scored twice in their five games since beating Manchester City, with Raúl Jiménez goalless since grabbing the equaliser in that memorable win. Niall McVeigh
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:56:31 +0000: Pellegrino appointed Southampton manager - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton appoint Mauricio Pellegrino as their new manager, with the 45-year-old former Alaves boss replacing Claude Puel.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 08:42:32 +0000: Southampton sack manager Puel - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Southampton sack boss Claude Puel after one season in charge, when they finished eighth in the Premier League and reached the League Cup final.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 14:24:39 +0000: Barnsley sign Saints defender McCarthy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Barnsley sign Southampton defender Jason McCarthy for an undisclosed fee on a three-year deal.
- Wed, 07 Jun 2017 18:20:44 +0000: Liverpool end interest in Van Dijk - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Southampton | BBC
Liverpool apologise to Southampton over "any misunderstanding" and end their interest in defender Virgil van Dijk.
Southampton manager Nigel Adkins has been a busy man in the transfer market this summer as he looks to reinforce his squad for the start of next season after a great run which saw them promoted to the English top flight via the play offs. Adkins is now desperate to bring in new names to the club so that he can secure their position in the top flight for another season at least.
The first signing of the summer sees promising young full back Nathaniel Clyne arrive at St Mary`s from Crystal Palace after the promise of the clubs plans to attempt to quality for Europe this season were very enticing for the player. Southampton though will need to pay a large compensation fee to his current club if the deal goes through as due to the players age his former club feel they are due some type of payment from the saints after he signed a new four year deal last week.
Another player who has just be signed by the club is talented striker Jay Rodriguez after he recently arrived from Burnley for a fee which is believed to be around the six and a half million pounds mark. Adkins has long been an admirer of the player and is extremely happy with the signing which he sees as just perfect to bolster his attacking line for next season.
A shocking bit of news right now for Southampton is the fact that their attempts to bring defender Alexander Buttner to St Mary`s may be in tatters after his current club Vitesse Arnham have halted the move after another club have come into the frame for the players signature. Southampton may now find themselves in a bidding war for the player who they see as a perfect addition to their squad so as of now all dealings over the player have hit a premature halt.