The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 22:32:02 +0000: Carabao Cup roundup: Hughes demands better after Stoke lose to Bristol City - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Bournemouth beat visiting Brighton once again
• 10-man Aston Villa lose 2-0 at home to Middlesbrough
Several Premier League sides went out of the Carabao Cup but Stoke City were one of only two to lose to lower league opposition, in the shape of Bristol City.
Stoke were undone at Ashton Gate by two goals in 10 second-half minutes from Famara Diédhiou and Matt Taylor, following Burnley – beaten in a penalty shootout by Leeds – in bowing out in the third round to a Championship side. Mark Hughes had no complaints though. “We were poor and they played very well,” he said. “They will have a good season playing like that, but we have to be much better. I am very disappointed because this is a competition we wanted to do well in. Maybe I got the changes wrong, but I was expecting a lot more from my players. I know we will be better against Chelsea on Saturday, but that isn’t much consolation at the moment.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 16 Aug 2017 21:49:04 +0000: Championship roundup: Sunderland draw and Norwich sink QPR - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Simon Grayson’s side draw 1-1 at Sheffield Wednesday
• Nelson Oliveira opens scoring as Norwich beat QPR 2-0
Sunderland’s Championship credentials were put to the test but they emerged with credit after a hard-fought 1-1 draw at Sheffield Wednesday.
After a horrible campaign last year, and a pre-season littered with problems, the Black Cats were not fancied to be much of a threat on their return to the second tier but under the guidance of the streetwise Simon Grayson they took four points from their opening two league games.Continue reading...
- Sun, 13 Aug 2017 15:06:28 +0000: Lewis Grabban double fires Sunderland past his old side Norwich - Norwich City | The Guardian
Lewis Grabban came back to haunt his former club as Sunderland came away from Norwich with three points from an excellent 3-1 win. The on-loan Bournemouth striker scored twice either side of a superb effort from Aiden McGeady to help the visitors to their first Championship success of the season.
Grabban also scored a late own goal to provide some consolation for Norwich, who deserved better, but it was Simon Grayson’s side who ended up with a win to go with their opening-day draw.Continue reading...
- Fri, 04 Aug 2017 09:28:04 +0000: Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2017–18 season - Norwich City | The Guardian
Derby, Leeds, Reading, Middlesbrough, Villa and Sheffield Wednesday fans (among others) are hoping for promotion. A few of them will be disappointed
A proper run at promotion is surely non-negotiable at this stage. The squad is as good and as deep as one could realistically hope for in the Championship, and Steve Bruce has now had a full pre-season and two transfer windows to bring in his own players. Given his reputation as a promotion specialist, Bruce has to deliver. Although, given what’s happened in the past seven years, cautious optimism is probably the way to go as a Villa fan.Continue reading...
- Thu, 03 Aug 2017 10:00:04 +0000: Championship 2017-18 season preview | Ben Fisher - Norwich City | The Guardian
Middlesbrough have spent heavily in the chase for an immediate return to the Premier League while Aston Villa lead the Midlands challenge with John Terry
Over a long summer it has been difficult to get away from the usual faces at the same select few clubs – none more so than that of the Middlesbrough chief executive, Neil Bausor, who has been pictured with a beaming smile time and again alongside new arrivals at the Riverside.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.