The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 20 Jan 2021 21:32:07 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich open gap at top with win over Bristol City - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Daniel Farke hails ‘best performance of the season so far’
- Brentford keep up the pressure with narrow win at Luton
Daniel Farke claimed Norwich’s 2-0 win over Bristol City was his side’s “best performance of the season so far” as they moved seven points clear at the top of the Championship.
The Canaries’ win was as comfortable as they come, with the visitors failing to register an effort on target all evening. A goal in either half from Jordan Hugill sealed a comfortable victory, and boss Farke said: “It is always difficult to compare games but I would say this was our best performance of the season so far. The lads were fantastic and I can’t praise them enough.Continue reading...
- Sat, 16 Jan 2021 17:13:13 +0000: Todd Cantwell seals victory for leaders Norwich over 10-man Cardiff - Norwich City | The Guardian
No wonder Daniel Farke is loth to lose Emi Buendía or Todd Cantwell anytime soon. Cantwell capped a magical performance with a goal as Norwich City racked up a seventh victory in nine league games to open up an eight-point buffer to third-placed Bournemouth, who slipped up at home to Luton. Cardiff were outclassed but never gave up, pulling a goal back through Joe Ralls before Marlon Pack, who was walking a tightrope, was sent off.
Bournemouth’s Championship promotion push suffered a setback in a bruising 1-0 home defeat to Luton. The hosts’ task was made harder when Jefferson Lerma was sent off after 26 minutes for leading with an arm in an aerial challenge with Tom Lockyer – the Luton defender sustaining a cut that required heavy bandaging. Luton’s winner came on 67 minutes when Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall curled a fine shot into the corner from 15 yards.
League OneContinue reading...
- Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:00:33 +0000: Championship at halfway: miracles at Swansea and a Rooney-led revival - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich are top but have not hit full tilt and Neil Warnock is targeting a remarkable ninth promotion with Middlesbrough
Things could soon get snug at the summit but, for now, leaders Norwich have a four-point advantage over Swansea, where Steve Cooper continues to work minor miracles. For Daniel Farke the good news is that in 11 of the past 12 seasons, the team top at Christmas have clinched promotion. The bad news? For their rivals, it is that they are not yet at full tilt. Norwich have the same manager and almost an identical team to the one that secured this crown two years ago – the Tottenham loanee Oliver Skipp has slotted into midfield – but it is largely a tried and trusted formula; Tim Krul in goal, Max Aarons marauding into the box, Emi Buendía pulling off preposterous passes, and Teemu Pukki putting the ball in the net.Continue reading...
- Sat, 02 Jan 2021 21:45:47 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich will not sell Emi Buendía, says Daniel Farke - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Buendía scores as Norwich seal first win in three
- Lowe scores twice as Swansea beat Watford
The Norwich manager, Daniel Farke, has insisted Emi Buendía will be staying at club after watching him produce another brilliant winner to see off Barnsley 1-0 at Carrow Road.
The Argentinian playmaker settled the game in memorable fashion just past the hour when he volleyed home a deep lofted pass, his sublime first touch leaving Jack Walton with no chance.
The return of Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink as manager could not inspire bottom club Burton, who slipped to a 5-1 home defeat against Oxford. Matt Taylor and two Olamide Shodipo goals put the visitors out of sight, despite Kane Hemmings' consolation, before the break, with Josh Ruffels adding a fourth and fifth in the second half.
Carlisle made the most of previous leaders Newport County’s frozen pitch to move into top spot after beating Walsall 2-0. Omari Patrick fired the opener into the roof of the net, with Joshua Kayode putting the result beyond doubt.Continue reading...
- Wed, 30 Dec 2020 15:23:37 +0000: QPR condemn 'abhorrent' online abuse aimed at Bright Osayi-Samuel - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Player highlighted abuse in wake of game at Norwich
- Kick It Out calls for Instagram to change its policy
QPR have strongly condemned the “abhorrent” online abuse aimed at forward Bright Osayi-Samuel following Tuesday’s game with Norwich.
Osayi-Samuel, 22, highlighted the abuse on his Instagram account, saying: “It is disgusting and painful to be receiving messages like this.” Some of the abuse revealed by Osayi-Samuel was racist in nature while other messages wished him ill and even death.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 20 Jan 2021 20:06:43 +0000: Norwich City 2-0 Bristol City: Canaries extend lead at top of the Championship - BBC Sport
Jordan Hugill scores twice as Norwich City extend their lead at the top of the Championship by beating Bristol City.
- Tue, 19 Jan 2021 16:39:19 +0000: Dimitris Giannoulis: Norwich City sign PAOK Salonika left-back on initial loan - BBC Sport
Norwich City sign Greece left-back Dimitris Giannoulis on an initial loan until the end of the season from PAOK Salonika.
- Mon, 18 Jan 2021 13:34:55 +0000: Simon Power: Harrogate Town sign Norwich City winger - BBC Sport
League Two side Harrogate Town sign Norwich City winger Simon Power.
- Sat, 16 Jan 2021 17:01:44 +0000: Cardiff City 1-2 Norwich City: Hanley and Cantwell strike for Championship leaders - BBC Sport
Norwich City weather a second-half wobble to win at Cardiff City and tighten their grip on top spot in the Championship.
- Sat, 09 Jan 2021 20:31:13 +0000: FA Cup third-round predictions - Lawro v Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson - BBC Sport
BBC Sport football expert Mark Lawrenson predicts the outcome of all 32 FA Cup third-round ties, with Radio 1 DJ Matt Edmondson joining him for selected matches.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.