The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 02 Aug 2018 12:06:57 +0000: Championship: fans from all 24 clubs preview the 2018-19 season - Norwich City | The Guardian
Aston Villa, Derby and Stoke fans are feeling a lot more positive than their friends at Reading, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Wigan
After a turbulent off-season where administration looked like a real possibility, there is an air of positivity around the club following investment from two billionaires. For a while it looked like we’d have to sell our best players. As that no longer looks to be the case, I’m feeling hopeful. We’ll start the campaign with Jack Grealish, Andre Green and Jonathan Kodjia, who all were out of the side for significant periods last season. We are, however, weakened by the departures of Robert Snodgrass, Sam Johnstone and John Terry. Assuming there are no significant departures, Villa can challenge for a place in the play-offs at the very least. After Cardiff reached the Premier League last season, automatic promotion should not be beyond our wildest dreams. I predict we’ll finish fifth. Josh Smith
Related: Championship 2018-19 season previewContinue reading...
- Wed, 01 Aug 2018 10:00:11 +0000: Championship 2018-19 season preview - Norwich City | The Guardian
Big-spending Nottingham Forest will hope they can do a Wolves but the English second tier remains unpredictable
- Mon, 18 Jun 2018 09:11:15 +0000: Leicester set to beat Southampton to £25m signing of James Maddison - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Norwich midfielder also wanted by Everton and Fulham
• West Ham frustrated over Felipe Anderson price hike by Lazio
Leicester City look set to beat Southampton to the signing of James Maddison after agreeing a deal worth £25m with Norwich City.
Southampton offered £20m plus add-ons for the 21-year-old midfielder over the weekend but it is understood that Leicester have outbid the St Mary’s club. Maddison is not short of suitors – Everton, Fulham and West Ham have all targeted him – and his departure from Carrow Road seems inevitable.Continue reading...
- Mon, 11 Jun 2018 15:03:53 +0000: Everton set to make opening offer for Norwich’s James Maddison - Norwich City | The Guardian
• England Under-21 international wanted by Marco Silva
• West Ham and Leicester also expected to firm up interest
Everton have emerged as the frontrunners to sign the Norwich midfielder James Maddison, who they see as the long-term replacement for Wayne Rooney. The former England international is expected to complete his transfer to DC United and Everton are expected to move for the 21-year-old Maddison soon.
Maddison, who scored 15 goals in the Championship last season, wants to make the step up to the Premier League and it is doubtful Norwich will stand in his way.Continue reading...
- Thu, 03 May 2018 12:32:26 +0000: Norwich’s James Maddison: ‘I like having pressure on my shoulders’ - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich have failed to reach the Premier League but James Maddison has caught the eye and it would be no surprise if the midfielder started next season at a top-flight club
James Maddison has a habit of producing the spectacular, so it is no surprise he exudes confidence. “I’ve always wanted to be a winner, the best player, the one that everyone is talking about,” he says. “I’m greedy in that sense.”
The 21-year-old, by his own admission, treads a fine line between confidence and arrogance but Norwich’s skilful midfielder need not apologise for savouring centre stage or relishing responsibility.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.