The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 21:50:40 +0000: Norwich sink Birmingham with early flurry to return to winning ways - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich moved back into second place and to within a point of Leeds at the top of the Championship last night after beating Birmingham in a match that featured an early flurry of goals.Continue reading...
- Sat, 12 Jan 2019 17:04:29 +0000: Late Jordan Rhodes equaliser earns Norwich draw with West Brom - Norwich City | The Guardian
Not many people leave early to avoid the traffic when Norwich City play this season. Jordan Rhodes’s late equaliser against West Brom made it the eighth straight league game in which they have scored in the last 15 minutes. All of them have changed the result, this one earning a 1-1 draw in an absorbing contest between two of the Championship’s promotion favourites.
“I would prefer a boring 2-0 sometimes,” said the Norwich manager, Daniel Farke. The point means they drop below Sheffield United and out of the automatic promotion spots, with the gap between them and the leaders, Leeds, extended to four points after the surveillance enthusiasts beat Derby on Friday night.Continue reading...
- Thu, 10 Jan 2019 11:11:34 +0000: The best young players in the Championship this season - Norwich City | The Guardian
Tammy Abraham turned down a move to the Premier League this week. He is not the only youngster who could step up
Tammy Abraham has already been offered a chance to play in the Premier League in this transfer window. He rejected a loan move to Wolves earlier this week in favour of staying with Aston Villa to help with their push for promotion. Not every player would turn down a Premier League club but his decision may prove wise. There’s little doubt the 21-year-old striker will be a Premier League player next season, wherever that may be, so his choice to stick with a side and system that play to his strengths is admirable. Abraham, who has two England caps, is the joint top scorer in the Championship this season with 16 goals in 20 appearances – and 12 of those goals have come in his last 10 games. Rating: 7.40Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Jan 2019 10:00:08 +0000: Ten Football League teenagers to watch in 2019 | Ben Fisher - Norwich City | The Guardian
From Leeds United’s Jack Clarke to Middlesbrough’s Marcus Tavernier, these 10 talented teenagers are quickly becoming fixtures in the future of football
After several game-changing cameos off the bench, the York-born forward was finally handed his full debut by Marcelo Bielsa last Sunday. Raw and direct, Clarke has the ability to grab games by the scruff of the neck; he kickstarted an extraordinary comeback victory at Villa Park last month and made a similar dent against Nottingham Forest and, before that, Sheffield United. Clarke has pleasantly surprised Bielsa, becoming the Argentinian’s go-to man, asked to spark Leeds into life at half-time on no fewer than six occasions since November. “When I started to look at his skills I didn’t imagine that he could make the difference as he is,” Bielsa said.Continue reading...
- Sat, 29 Dec 2018 18:06:48 +0000: Derby’s Jack Marriott seals seven-goal thriller after Norwich floodlight drama - Norwich City | The Guardian
Frank Lampard said he had never seen a game like it after his Derby side scored two late goals following a floodlight failure to seal a dramatic 4-3 win at Carrow Road.
Norwich had just gone 3-2 up with nine minutes remaining when a section of the lights went out between the Regency Stand and City Stand due to a fuse-box problem, causing a 20-minute delay. When play resumed the Rams equalised almost immediately through Florian Jozefzoon and then grabbed a stoppage-time winner when Jack Marriott muscled his way through before beating Tim Krul.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.