The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:40:19 +0000: Antonio Conte: VAR official made ‘big mistake’ over Chelsea penalty shout - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Willian should have had penalty for Klose challenge, says Conte
• Pedro and Morata deserved yellow cards for diving, says Italian
Antonio Conte has suggested the video assistant referee, Mike Jones, was guilty of a “big, big mistake” after opting not to flag up a potential penalty as Chelsea’s third round replay victory over Norwich City descended into farcical scenes in extra-time.
The hosts, who would prevail on penalties, were reduced to nine men following the dismissals of Pedro and Álvaro Morata, who were both shown one of their two yellow cards for diving. Willian was also cautioned for going to ground in an incident with Timm Klose.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:06:41 +0000: Hazard penalty puts Chelsea through against Norwich on dramatic Cup night - Norwich City | The Guardian
The anarchy into which this tie descended through extra-time actually made Chelsea’s eventual progress feel almost incidental. Antonio Conte had cause to celebrate Willy Caballero’s fine save and a perfect quintet of penalties in the shootout, but he was still a man on the edge long after the final whistle. So much of this had been the stuff of nightmares.
He could curse Norwich City’s hugely merited equaliser deep into stoppage time at the end of the 90 minutes, a flicked header from Jamal Lewis which thrust the hosts into an extra period they must have dreaded given their cluttered schedule. But then there were the trio of home players booked for diving, and the dismissals for Pedro and Álvaro Morata – two of those who had gone to ground – for second bookable offences in the last three minutes. The second red card prompted one irate home supporter to encroach on the penalty area to berate the referee, Graham Scott.Continue reading...
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:42:00 +0000: Tottenham’s Marcus Edwards joins Norwich City on loan for rest of season - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Mauricio Pochettino accepts Edwards needs regular senior football
• Midfielder was in England squad that won Euro under-19 title
Mauricio Pochettino has allowed Marcus Edwards to join Norwich City on loan for the rest of the season. A host of clubs declared their interest in the 19-year-old Tottenham Hotspur attacking midfielder and Norwich were selected as the preferred option.
Edwards, who made his Tottenham debut as a substitute in the EFL Cup against Gillingham in September 2016, has been unable to force himself back into first-team contention this season.Continue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jan 2018 18:07:38 +0000: Football League: Doncaster's Ferguson rages at 'disgusting' refereeing standards - Norwich City | The Guardian
- Ferguson says referee missed ‘blatant penalty’ against Plymouth
- Championship leaders Wolves are held as Derby see off Birmingham
• A sixth win in eight matches for Gary Rowett’s Derby County ensured they remain second in the table. As integral to their hopes of promotion as Rowett is striker Matej Vydra, who bagged his 15th goal this term – three times as many as he mustered last season – in a 3-0 win over lowly Birmingham. As for Wolves, they were forced to settle for a draw at Oakwell. Diego Jota struck the bar for the visitors while Barnsley introduced £750,000 recruit Kieffer Moore off the bench, but they played out a stalemate.Continue reading...
- Wed, 10 Jan 2018 10:33:36 +0000: Seven Championship players who should interest Premier League clubs - Norwich City | The Guardian
A few of the Championship’s best players were on show in the FA Cup over the weekend. Here are seven who could step up to the top flight this month
Football League clubs enjoyed a good weekend in the FA Cup, with a number of Premier League sides coming unstuck. Only eight top-flight teams are guaranteed a place in the fourth round of the Cup, which shows there is plenty of talent below the Premier League. With the transfer window open for business, here are seven players who are ready to make the step up from the Championship.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.