The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:03:14 +0000: Norwich spurn spending spree as promoted sides stay cautious | Ben Fisher - Norwich City | The Guardian
Daniel Farke and Chris Wilder are keen to learn from others’ mistakes and resisting the urge to splash out excessively
It is hardly a science but for a rough indication of how promoted clubs can best make a fist of staying up, perhaps it is best to examine some of the more disastrous recent attempts.
Derby’s record-low points tally in 2008 sticks in the memory, as does Queens Park Rangers’ feeble effort, largely under Harry Redknapp, four years ago, in which they finished bottom of the pile. But it was the manner in which Fulham spectacularly failed to avoid the drop last season – bulldozing all the hard work that helped them to the Premier League in the first place – that struck a chord with Stuart Webber, the sporting director at Norwich City, who won the Championship in May.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - Norwich City | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
- Sat, 13 Jul 2019 21:45:51 +0000: Premier League transfers so far this summer and what each club still needs - Norwich City | The Guardian
Aston Villa have been the most active of the promoted clubs; Arsenal look to have work to do; Tottenham have secured their top target; Newcastle are still looking for a manager
What have they done so far? Nowhere near enough. Teenage striker Gabriel Martinelli has arrived from regional football in Brazil and is expected to need some adaptation and development time. David Ospina has departed for a modest fee.Continue reading...
- Fri, 05 Jul 2019 08:47:21 +0000: Premier League pre-season 2019: a full list of all the clubs’ friendlies - Norwich City | The Guardian
From Yankee Stadium in New York to New York Stadium in Rotherham, here are the 20 clubs’ fixtures before 9 August
All dates and kick-off times BST. All information correct at time of publicationContinue reading...
- Wed, 12 Jun 2019 19:45:22 +0000: Norwich cap Carrow Road tickets at £30 for Premier League return - Norwich City | The Guardian
• ‘We shouldn’t price people out of football,’ say promoted club
• Carrow Road’s 27,000 capacity will pay £30 or under
Norwich have capped ticket prices at £30 on their return to the top flight, reviving the issue of accessible pricing for fans in the Premier League.
Norwich have announced that every home game will see 1,500 tickets available for sale at £30 to casual home fans which, alongside 22,000 season tickets, will make up the home allocation at the 27,000-capacity Carrow Road. The £30 figure matches the cap levied by the Premier League on away tickets since 2016.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.