The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 22:09:05 +0000: Emi Buendía powers Norwich back to summit but Forest miss out - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Norwich beat Hull 3-2 and Derby held 0-0 by Stoke at home
• Forest beaten 3-1 by Villa and Boro lose to Preston 2-1
Norwich leapfrogged Leeds at the top of the Championship after beating Hull 3-2 while Nottingham Forest, beaten 3-1 at home by Aston Villa, wasted a chance to enter the top six.
Middlesbrough, fifth in the table, lost 2-1 against Preston after Daniel Ayala was sent off early in the second half with the home side in front. West Brom remain fourth after defeating Swansea 3-0 and Derby are sixth after drawing 0-0 at home with Stoke. Swansea’s Bersant Celina lost his footing when running up to take a first-half penalty, made hardly any contact and the ball was cleared.
❌PENALTY MISS!Continue reading...
Bersant Celina fluffs his lines in spectacular style. pic.twitter.com/fkXSRrJhJ4
- Fri, 08 Mar 2019 21:50:13 +0000: Norwich five points clear after Buendía thunderbolt comes out of the blue - Norwich City | The Guardian
Norwich had looked nothing like Championship leaders when Emi Buendía decided it was time to show Swansea just who they were dealing with.
The half-time statistics had made gloomy reading for Norwich with no shots on target compared with the visitors’ five but that changed in dramatic fashion within nine minutes of the restart. Buendía’s first touch took him past Matt Grimes before firing home a left-foot thunderbolt that stunned everyone in the stadium and took Norwich five points clear at the top.Continue reading...
- Sat, 16 Feb 2019 17:17:17 +0000: Teemu Pukki scores twice for rampant Norwich in thrashing of Bolton - Norwich City | The Guardian
It would be hard to imagine a more emphatic reaction to a setback. Norwich recorded their joint-biggest win of the season, reclaimed the lead in the Championship less than 72 hours after losing it and delivered the kind of elegant evisceration that serves as a statement. In leapfrogging Leeds they also surpassed their points total for last season, and made Wednesday’s defeat at Preston look an anomaly.
“It was important to respond,” said the Norwich manager, Daniel Farke. “It was a top-class performance.”Continue reading...
- Wed, 13 Feb 2019 22:09:06 +0000: Championship roundup: Harrison and Jansson take Leeds back to summit - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Leeds beat Swansea while Norwich slip to defeat at Preston
• Sheffield United edge Middlesbrough, Villa lose at Brentford
The constant shifting at the top of the Championship shows no sign of abating after Leeds returned to the top with a 2-1 win over Swansea at Elland Road.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side had leapfrogged Norwich at the summit on Saturday after their draw at Middlesbrough, only to see the Canaries skip past them again with a win over Ipswich Town on Sunday.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 10 Feb 2019 14:26:59 +0000: Ipswich manager Paul Lambert sees red as Teemu Pukki puts Norwich on top - Norwich City | The Guardian
The most galling aspect of a torrid match for Paul Lambert may be that by the end it was the Norwich supporters singing his name. Eight years ago they would do that in tribute to the consecutive promotions he brought them; this time the tunes were laced with ridicule, and the travails of his increasingly desperate Ipswich team were far from the only material at hand.
It will take some turnaround in both teams’ fortunes if this fixture is to be contested next season but the game itself, an ultimately routine win that slightly flattered Norwich but put them two points clear at the top of the Championship, will be remembered less vividly than the flashpoint that erupted in first-half stoppage time.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.