The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 19 Sep 2018 21:32:46 +0000: Middlesbrough sweep aside Bolton to keep up pressure on Leeds the leaders - Norwich City | The Guardian
• QPR continue improvement with win over Millwall
• Nottingham Forest earn second victory of season
Middlesbrough bounced back from their defeat at Norwich and returned to second place in the Championship with a 2-0 home win against Bolton. George Saville’s first-half drive, his first goal for the club, set them on their way and Brit Assombalonga added a second in the 90th minute. Victory puts Tony Pulis’s team a point behind the leaders Leeds. Bolton manager Phil Parkinson felt his players produced a performance Stephen Darby would be proud of.Continue reading...
- Sun, 02 Sep 2018 13:31:00 +0000: Norwich’s Moritz Leitner extends Ipswich’s long wait for derby victory - Norwich City | The Guardian
For Ipswich, the dejection will stem from the fact they had Norwich by the throat and then let go. When Gwion Edwards, benefiting from a deflection to leave Tim Krul motionless and beaten, sparked delirium inside Portman Road it was no more than a ferocious onslaught early in the second half had deserved. At that point their East Anglian rivals could not get in the game and the end of a nine-year wait for a victory in this fixture, taking in 10 meetings, seemed in clear sight. But Norwich, consistently cannier in recent times, found a way back through Moritz Leitner and parity eventually seemed just.
In truth, neither team looks remotely equipped to bother the promotion challengers and both looked exactly what they are: mediocre second-tier sides in flux, with new relationships yet to be perfected but no sign of the presence or cutting edge possessed by the best at this level. Both were denuded of key players over the summer; both are, in different ways, rebuilding and the only sure conclusion can be that East Anglian football has seen far better days than this.Continue reading...
- Tue, 28 Aug 2018 22:23:30 +0000: Cardiff and Huddersfield humbled by Championship clubs in Carabao Cup - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Dennis Srbeny double helps ease Norwich into the third round
• Saido Berahino scores first goal for Stoke since February 2016
Cardiff crashed out of the Carabao Cup as Norwich, Championship strugglers, beat them 3-1 in south Wales. Dennis Srbeny’s double and a Max Aarons goal left their Premier League opponents to contemplate a painful second-round exit. Bruno Manga’s 77th-minute header was little consolation for Cardiff, although it ended their goal drought this season after 347 minutes of football.Continue reading...
- Sat, 25 Aug 2018 16:06:35 +0000: Leeds and Marcelo Bielsa back on top after Klich sparks win at Norwich - Norwich City | The Guardian
The Marcelo Bielsa revolution continues apace at Leeds, who returned to the top of the Championship thanks to this emphatic win. Mateusz Klich and Ezgjan Alioski struck a quickfire salvo in the first half before Pablo Hernández scored midway through the second. Leeds have taken 13 points from the 15 available since the enthronement of Bielsa, who is fuelling hopes of a return to the top flight from which Leeds have been estranged since 2004.
With 41 matches to go in the regular season no one is counting chickens even if Leeds fans crowed about their supremacy here. That is part of the fun of supporting a team that is making progress after years of thwarted ambition. Norwich fans also have lofty aims but spirits are not high at Carrow Road, where the home fans reacted to this defeat with boos.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Aug 2018 22:25:51 +0000: Stoke’s miserable start to the season goes on as Will Grigg hits double for Wigan - Norwich City | The Guardian
• Stoke yet to win since relegation from Premier League
• Bolton third after beating Birmingham; Norwich beat Preston
Stoke City were handed a 3-0 home defeat by Wigan Athletic to continue their winless start to life in the Championship. Two goals from Will Grigg – the second from the penalty spot – and another from Gavin Massey saw the visitors win handsomely, while Stoke also had the defender Ashley Williams sent off for a second yellow card with 12 minutes remaining. Stoke have two points from their first four games.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.