The Latest Norwich FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:19:00 +0000: FA Cup fourth round: team news and match previews - Norwich City | The Guardian
News and previews for the weekend’s games as Liverpool visit Shrewsbury, Chelsea go to Hull and Southampton host Spurs
Friday 8pm BT Sport 1 Venue SixfieldsContinue reading...
Referee Darren England VAR No Odds H 10-3 A Evs D 11-4
Head-to-head Derby six wins, Northampton none; four draws
- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 21:44:29 +0000: Tottenham’s Son Heung-min quells unrest with late winner to deny Norwich - Norwich City | The Guardian
The best anyone can say of this Tottenham performance is that it was a winning one and had the effect of putting an unhappy run to bed. They had not scored a league goal in open play since Dele Alli’s winner against Brighton on Boxing Day so it was to some relief that the same player moved that conversation along.
However, for long periods it looked like being the sole redeeming feature: they did not deserve to beat a Norwich side who belied their position at the bottom and merited at least a draw.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 Jan 2020 14:35:43 +0000: Spurs are desperate for goals and must sign a striker this month - Norwich City | The Guardian
Tottenham have not scored in the Premier League in 2020. They have to bring in some backup for Harry Kane
One centimetre. That was the difference between one point and three points for Tottenham at Watford on Saturday. When Ignacio Pussetto hacked Érik Lamela’s attempt off the line in the 92nd minute, José Mourinho must having been ruing yet another missed opportunity for his team. The 0-0 draw at Vicarage Road extended Tottenham’s poor run in front of goal this year. Only two of the 91 clubs in the Premier League and Football League have not scored a league goal in 2020. Bristol Rovers, whose last goal came in a 2-1 defeat to AFC Wimbledon on Boxing Day, are one of them. And – after failing to score against Southampton, Liverpool and Watford – Spurs are the other.Continue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 11:51:54 +0000: The Dozen: Pickford flies and red skies – best Premier League photos - Norwich City | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s actionContinue reading...
- Mon, 20 Jan 2020 08:32:17 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Norwich City | The Guardian
Grealish, Saka and Chalobah shine in draws, while Newcastle are ready for reinforcements after a late win
Arsenal’s injury problems at left‑back have led them to explore signing Layvin Kurzawa from Paris Saint-Germain. But what if the solution lies closer to home? Bukayo Saka is 18 and earlier this season was being rightly lauded for his rich promise as a flying winger. But he has filled in at full‑back four times in the past month, most recently against Sheffield United on Saturday, and looks the part. Saka is tenacious, diligent, has speed and energy to burn and a knack of picking out teammates with his deliveries. “I think he could,” Mikel Arteta said when asked if Saka could carve out a long-term future in the role. “He is someone that’s never played there before but he’s really trying to do it as well as possible. You can see that he’s got many strengths to play in that position.” Club and manager might have hit upon something far more exciting than they expected. Nick AmesContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:56:57 +0000: Lafferty joins Hearts on two-year deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Northern Ireland forward Kyle Lafferty joins Hearts on a two-year deal, subject to a medical.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 15:06:31 +0000: Shrewsbury Town sign Jules and Adams - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Shrewsbury Town sign Reading defender Zak Jules for an undisclosed fee and Ebou Adams on loan from Norwich.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 17:27:17 +0000: Preston re-sign Norwich keeper Rudd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Preston North End re-sign goalkeeper Declan Rudd from Championship rivals Norwich City on a three-year deal.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Norwich City | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.
Norwich City have just had a bid to bring Leeds United player Robert Snodgrass to Carrow Road as Neil Warnock last night dashed all hopes of the Canaries signing the talented winger. Manager Chris Hughton is said to be extremely disappointed with the decision as he has been a firm fan of the player for some time but still hold hope that a deal can be struck between the two sides before the start of the season.
Norwich striker Chris Martin and his agent have both stated today that the striker would prefer to stay with the canaries amid rumours the player is surplus to requirements at Carrow Road. The twenty three year old found holding down a regular spot extremely difficult last year and then was loaned out to Crystal palace shortly afterwards but the player has now committed to the club and states he is willing to work for his place which will be great news for Norwich City fans.
Birmingham City defender Curtis Davies is another target for Hughton this summer as he has long been admirer of the young defender after he has made it clear he would like to move on from the Blues. The player is still under contract to Birmingham until 2014 after he arrived at the club from Aston Villa in early 2011 and it is thought the Blues will be holding out for a large transfer fee for the player as they have no intention of losing one of their best defenders for less than his market value.