The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:30:57 +0000: Peter Beardsley charged by FA with using racist language towards youth players - Newcastle United | The Guardian
- Beardsley left role as Newcastle Under-23 coach earlier in March
- 58-year-old has denied the allegations: ‘I’m not a racist,’ he said
Peter Beardsley has been charged by the Football Association with three counts of using racist language to players in his former job as Newcastle United’s Under-23 coach.
The former England international, who left Newcastle this month following a 14-month period of gardening leave, vehemently denies the claims and is expected to contest the charges. If so, his case will be heard by a three-person independent commission.Continue reading...
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 22:30:21 +0000: England’s Jordan Pickford adamant Newcastle gaffes were an aberration - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Fans’ barracking got to Everton keeper ‘a little bit too much’
• Pickford: ‘Apart from Newcastle, I’ve been doing well’
Jordan Pickford has defended his form before England’s opening Euro 2020 qualifier on Friday and said his error-strewn display at Newcastle, when he allowed the occasion “to get to me a little bit too much”, did not reflect recent performances for Everton.
The goalkeeper conceded a penalty at St James’ Park – which he saved – before shipping three times in the second half. The 25-year-old had appeared to play up to the crowd, who subjected him to incessant reminders of his Sunderland roots.Continue reading...
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 08:19:52 +0000: FA Cup and Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Ross Barkley’s difficult return, VAR inconsistency in the FA Cup, Nuno Espírito Santo impresses and James Maddison’s class
Ross Barkley would have known what kind of reception awaited him at Goodison Park: the type rained down on previous Everton escapees such as Wayne Rooney and Joleon Lescott. Goodison might not be much longer for this world, with the latest suggestion being a new stadium for 2023, but for now it retains old‑fashioned menace to those who have transgressed the Evertonian code. Barkley’s crime among the faithful is to have left Goodison on a cut-price transfer to Chelsea in the January transfer window of last year after running down his contract. As he left the field after being substituted in the 65th minute, he responded to the hail of jeers by applauding all sides of the stadium. To Barkley’s credit, he has made himself a regular under Maurizio Sarri but like so many other Chelsea players at Goodison – and this season – he is wasted by the Neapolitan’s rigid thinking. John Brewin
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 17 Mar 2019 20:43:37 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League and FA Cup photos - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from the FA Cup and Premier League
- View the Dozen archive
- Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:29:36 +0000: Matt Ritchie stuns Bournemouth with stoppage-time equaliser for Newcastle - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Newcastle’s winger Matt Ritchie returned to haunt his former club Bournemouth by smashing home a sensational stoppage-time equaliser to rescue a point. The Scotland international, who left the Vitality Stadium to join the Magpies in 2016, lashed home on the volley four minutes into added time.
“He’s probably the one player on the pitch we didn’t want the ball to fall to on his left foot as we know how he can strike the ball from distance,” said Bournemouth’s manager, Eddie Howe.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:04:10 +0000: Taxman's football raid 'may be unlawful' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
HMRC officers seized documents from Newcastle United as part of a tax fraud investigation.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:36 +0000: Newcastle keeper Sels joins Anderlecht - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Newcastle United goalkeeper Matz Sels joins Belgian champions Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:35:31 +0000: Cisse leads tributes at Tiote memorial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Papiss Cisse leads the tributes at a memorial for former Newcastle team-mate Cheick Tiote, who died after collapsing in training in China.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.