The Latest Newcastle United FC Transfer News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:36:23 +0000: Sheffield Wednesday report Newcastle to Premier League over Steve Bruce deal - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• Steve Bruce appointed Newcastle manager last week
• Wednesday insist some legal issues were still outstanding
Sheffield Wednesday have reported Newcastle to the Premier League for their conduct during the appointment of Steve Bruce as their new manager.
Bruce was announced as the Magpies’ new boss last Wednesday, 48 hours after he resigned from his position at the Owls, along with coaches Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.Continue reading...
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 12:07:00 +0000: Newcastle have gambled on Bruce but shadow of Benítez looms large | Louise Taylor - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Steve Bruce may be a geordie but that will not be enough to fill Rafael Benítez’s sizeable shoes and a sceptical Gallowgate will need an awful lot of convincing
Some years ago Steve Bruce wrote a trilogy of football-based thrillers. Their hero was Steve Barnes, the all-action macho manager of Leddersford Town who devoted his spare time to solving murders and taking out terrorists in a style sufficiently swashbuckling to make even Lee Child’s creation Jack Reacher seem a bit of a wimp.
These days Newcastle United’s new manager laughs about that brief excursion into the literary world, joking that Striker, Sweeper and Defender are so bad they have become collectors’ items. So far, so lighthearted, yet, as he walks into Rafael Benítez’s old office, Bruce’s tried and trusted amalgam of humour and geordie charm will no longer be sufficient to disarm an army of critics on Tyneside.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:10:32 +0000: 'I'm not everyone's cup of tea': Steve Bruce's first Newcastle press conference – video - Newcastle United | The Guardian
Newly appointed Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is quietly confident he will do a good job at the club despite admitting he is "not everyone's cup of tea."
The 58-year-old, who has succeeded Rafael Benítez, was speaking at his first Newcastle United press conference.
His appointment has been criticised by the club's fansContinue reading...
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 18:51:19 +0000: Steve Bruce pledges to ‘prove the doubters wrong’ at Newcastle - Newcastle United | The Guardian
• ‘There are big shoes to fill. But I’ll give it everything’
• Hoffenheim coach says Newcastle target Joelinton will leave
Steve Bruce has vowed to win over the doubters at Newcastle after admitting he has always regretted turning down the manager’s job the first time he was offered it.
The 58-year-old was installed as Rafael Benítez’s replacement on Wednesday as angry fans vented their displeasure at owner Mike Ashley’s running of the club.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - Newcastle United | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:04:10 +0000: Taxman's football raid 'may be unlawful' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
HMRC officers seized documents from Newcastle United as part of a tax fraud investigation.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:53:36 +0000: Newcastle keeper Sels joins Anderlecht - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Newcastle United goalkeeper Matz Sels joins Belgian champions Anderlecht on a season-long loan.
- Wed, 14 Jun 2017 08:00:05 +0000: Premier League fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Find out your club's full fixture list for the 2017-18 Premier League season.
- Tue, 13 Jun 2017 15:35:31 +0000: Cisse leads tributes at Tiote memorial - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Newcastle United | BBC
Papiss Cisse leads the tributes at a memorial for former Newcastle team-mate Cheick Tiote, who died after collapsing in training in China.
Newcastle United have been the focus of much speculation in recent weeks in regards of new additions to the squad with many household names being linked with the north east club. Manager Alan Pardew has been scouring the football world for players to add to his team who can bring as much to the table for Newcastle as last years signings Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse did last season as they were two of the most influential signings the club has made for several years.
The biggest story this summer for Newcastle is their desire to bring back Andy Carroll to St James Park as the former Newcastle striker has found it extremely hard to find his feet at Anfield and it is widely believed that new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers sees no future for the huge striker in his plans to take Liverpool back to the top of the division. Liverpool however have stated so far that they have received no offers for Carroll but have also failed to state if they would entertain any for him as he cost the Merseysiders thirty five million pounds less than two seasons ago which they would fail to recoup if they in fact did decide to sell their misfiring striker.
One of the top targets for Pardew this season looks to be FC Twente defender Douglas as the club are believed to have just tabled a bid of around four million pounds for the services of the Brazilian player. Douglas has recently stated that he wishes to search for pastures new after completing a couple of seasons for the Belgian side and it looks highly likely that he will be plying his trade in the premier league next season for Newcastle as long as they can complete the deal successfully.
Another player who Newcastle are keen on signing from Fc Twente is the Dutch player Luuk De Jong although it looks highly unlikely that Pardew will be able to bring the player to St James Park as he is seemingly on his way to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. A deal is yet to be signed by the Dutch international yet the hope of bringing him to the north east for the start of next season is dwindling day by day but there is still hope for Pardew until the player signs on the dotted line.
French international Mathieu Debuchy looks all set to complete a move to Newcastle after the player who is currently at Lille has stated that it is his priority to play in the premier league next season and his preferred destination right now is Newcastle. This will be like music to Newcastle fans ears as the defender is extremely well thought of around Europe and can offer a great boost of experience and skill to the Magpies defence.
Want away Blackburn player Junior Hoilett is another player who is on Pardews radar is the striker is all set to leave the championship side with it looking more than likely he will be heading off to Germany with Borussia Monchegladbach. Pardew though still holds hope he can persuade the striker to turn his attentions to Tyneside but this is looking more unlikely each day.