Manchester United Latest News
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 17:14:12 +0000: Lampard sacked, FA Cup drama and National League chaos – Football Weekly - Manchester United | The Guardian
Max Rushden is joined by Jacob Steinberg, Flo Lloyd-Hughes and Rory Smith as news of the sacking of Chelsea manager Frank Lampard breaks. Thomas Tuchel is the man in the frame to replace him, but where did it go wrong for Lampard?Continue reading...
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:11:57 +0000: Manchester United's Bruno Fernandes on his mentality: 'I don't like to lose' - Manchester United | The Guardian
- Portuguese is now the club’s leading scorer with 16 goals
- Fernandes is confident United can win a trophy this season
Bruno Fernandes has revealed the mentality that has helped to make him so successful for Manchester United by saying that losing is “not normal for me”.
The Portuguese’s late free-kick against Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday knocked the champions out of the FA Cup fourth round. This was Fernandes’s 16th goal of the season to make him United’s leading scorer, and his 28th in total since signing almost a year ago. He also won four Premier League Player of the Month awards in 2020, a record for a calendar year.Continue reading...
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 09:52:15 +0000: 'We can match the best': Solskjær delighted after win over Liverpool – video - Manchester United | The Guardian
A superb Bruno Fernandes free-kick was the difference in Manchester United's scintillating 3-2 FA Cup victory over Liverpool. The hosts came from behind after an opener from Mo Salah, before goals from Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford put them ahead. 'We feel for us it's a good feeling to play on our terms,' said manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær, 'that's the confidence boost that we can match the best with our style of football'.Continue reading...
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 08:00:12 +0000: FA Cup fourth round: 10 talking points from the weekend's action - Manchester United | The Guardian
Luke Shaw is proving José Mourinho wrong, while West Ham could have European football on their minds next season
“He was in front of me and I was making every decision for him. He has to change his football brain,” José Mourinho said of Luke Shaw after a game in 2017. “We need his fantastic physical and technical qualities, but he cannot continue to play with my brain.” Few could have imagined four years later that the former Southampton defender could be first choice left-back at Old Trafford and eyeing up a return to the England squad. There is no arguing that Shaw looks far fitter now than four years ago but he has heeded Mourinho’s advice to “change his football brain”. Against Liverpool, Shaw was superb in defence and attack; going forward he made key overlapping runs, aiding Marcus Rashford to ensure United dominated that flank in a battle that was crucial to the victory. The arrival of Alex Telles seems to have spurred Shaw on to build on last season’s form. Gareth Southgate will have taken notice. Will Unwin
Burnley v Bournemouth or CrawleyContinue reading...
Manchester United v West Ham
Sheffield United v Bristol City
Wolves v Southampton
Barnsley v Chelsea
Everton v Wycombe or Tottenham
Swansea v Manchester City
Leicester v Brighton
- Sun, 24 Jan 2021 21:03:59 +0000: Defensive struggles suggest Liverpool have stood still while others push on | Barney Ronay - Manchester United | The Guardian
Rhys Williams had a difficult game against Manchester United but the fact he played at all implies a flaw in the Anfield system
Three minutes into the second half at Old Trafford something happened that was simultaneously startling, avoidable, unfortunate, and also crushingly inevitable. Manchester United’s second goal in this fun, highly watchable 3-2 FA Cup fourth-round win will be cast as a the fruit of a Rhys Williams mistake.
Correctly so: it was a horrible mistake. Rumbling back to cut out a diagonal pass from Mason Greenwood, Liverpool’s centre‑back scuffed a miskicked clearance that ran straight into Marcus Rashford’s path, leaving him a clear run on goal.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 19:50:21 +0000: Premier League predictions: Lawro v guitarist Alex Sprogis from post-punk band TV Priest - BBC Sport
Mark Lawrenson takes on guitarist Alex Sprogis from post-punk band TV Priest to make predictions for this week's Premier League fixtures.
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:35:46 +0000: Bruno Fernandes: Manchester United midfielder says he does not need to be rested - BBC Sport
Manchester United's FA Cup fourth-round match-winner Bruno Fernandes dismisses the notion he needs a rest.
- Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:07:22 +0000: How green are Premier League clubs? Tottenham top sustainability table - BBC Sport
BBC Sport looks at what the 20 top-flight clubs are doing to help the environment.
- Sun, 24 Jan 2021 20:42:03 +0000: FA Cup: Manchester United take the lead late on against Liverpool thanks to Bruno Fernandes' free-kick - BBC Sport
Bruno Fernandes hits a stunning free-kick to put Manchester United 3-2 up against Liverpool in the FA Cup fourth round.
- Sun, 24 Jan 2021 19:43:39 +0000: Manchester United 3-2 Liverpool: Bruno Fernandes settles FA Cup thriller - BBC Sport
Bruno Fernandes comes off the bench to fire Manchester United past fierce rivals Liverpool in a pulsating FA Cup fourth-round tie.