Manchester United Latest News
- Mon, 21 May 2018 12:01:47 +0000: José Mourinho targets summer move for Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Manchester United manager wants to revamp his defence
• Belgian open to move having failed to agree new Spurs deal
José Mourinho is targeting Toby Alderweireld as part of the Manchester United manager’s intended revamp of his defence this summer, with the Tottenham Hotspur centre-back open to a move to Old Trafford.
Alderweireld is out of contract in 2020 and discussions over fresh terms have reached a virtual impasse. The Belgian is conscious he can leave Tottenham next summer for €25m (£22m) due to a clause in his deal, though only if an option to extend until 2020 is activated.Continue reading...
- Mon, 21 May 2018 10:42:10 +0000: Alexis Sánchez admits he has struggled to adapt at Manchester United - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Chilean scored just three times since joining United in January
• ‘I’ve found it hard to adapt to the style of play’ says Sánchez
Alexis Sánchez has admitted he has struggled to adapt to José Mourinho’s style of play since joining Manchester United from Arsenal.
The Chilean failed to make an impact during United’s 1-0 FA Cup final defeat to Chelsea at Wembley on Saturday and, in general, has only intermittently shone for United since arriving at Old Trafford in January as part of the deal that saw Henrik Mkhitaryan move to north London. Sánchez has managed only three goals in 18 appearances and is often on the periphery during matches.Continue reading...
- Sun, 20 May 2018 21:30:08 +0000: Nemanja Matic calls for Manchester United to recruit more experience - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Midfielder says United have improved but can be better
• ‘When you don’t win the next year is always more pressure’
Nemanja Matic believes Manchester United must make major signings this summer if they are to challenge for the Premier League and Champions League next season.
United’s 1-0 defeat by Chelsea in Saturday’s FA Cup final meant they ended the campaign without a trophy. United also finished as runners-up in the Premier League, a record 19 points behind Manchester City. While second is their highest placing since claiming the title five years ago, there was further disappointment in the Champions League, with United knocked out in the last-16 stage by Sevilla.Continue reading...
- Sun, 20 May 2018 07:00:51 +0000: Thibaut Courtois stands tall to grant Antonio Conte a glorious swansong | David Hytner - Manchester United | The Guardian
Gutsy backs-to-the-wall show delivers a triumphant end to Italian’s stormy season – and perhaps his Chelsea tenure
Antonio Conte remained in a state of agitation. The Chelsea manager had seen Eden Hazard put his team in charge of the FA Cup final with a first-half penalty but he did not celebrate. Instead, he continued to chew the ear of the fourth official, Lee Mason. Conte wanted a red card to be shown to the Manchester United defender Phil Jones, for what he felt had been a last-man foul on Hazard.
It seemed to sum up what has been a slog of a season for Conte – even at the good moments, he could have gripes. It has had the feel of one long argument between him and the club and there was the unmistakable end-of-era impression for him at Wembley.Continue reading...
- Sat, 19 May 2018 23:03:53 +0000: 'I'm a serial winner,' says Antonio Conte after FA Cup triumph – video - Manchester United | The Guardian
Following their 1-0 win over Manchester United in the FA Cup final, Chelsea manager Antonio Conte defended himself against criticism of their poor performance in the Premier League by calling himself a "serial winner". Eden Hazard scored the only goal of the game, a tense affair which United manager José Mourinho said he believed his team had put their all into.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.