Manchester United Latest News
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:07:31 +0000: Neymar charged with insulting referee after PSG’s defeat to Manchester United - Manchester United | The Guardian
• PSG forward said the VAR’s decisions were ‘a disgrace’
• Neymar could be suspended for three matches
Neymar has been charged for “insulting and/or molesting” the referee following his rant after Paris Saint-Germain were knocked out of the Champions League by Manchester United.
Neymar, who was sidelined by injury, was investigated by Uefa for lashing out and labelling the video assistant referee system a “disgrace” after United won a controversial penalty in the closing stages to win on away goals.Continue reading...
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019 21:39:55 +0000: Barcelona to charge Manchester United fans £102 for ticket at Camp Nou - Manchester United | The Guardian
• United to subsidise cost by charging Barça fans £102 in first leg
• ‘Our supporters are again being subjected to excessive prices’
Manchester United are to subsidise the £102 cost for a ticket at Barcelona for the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final and have taken a “difficult decision” to charge the same price for Barcelona supporters at Old Trafford.Continue reading...
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 16:08:26 +0000: Ryan Giggs hits back at Zlatan Ibrahimovic over Class of 92 comments - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Ibrahimovic said Giggs and others fuelled criticism of Pogba
• ‘Football is about having different opinions,’ says Giggs
Ryan Giggs has responded to Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s criticism of the Class of 92 by insisting players with “over 2,000 games between us” are entitled to have an opinion about Manchester United.
Ibrahimovic claimed in a newspaper interview that the loyalty of Giggs and other pundits like Gary Neville and Paul Scholes to Sir Alex Ferguson has fuelled criticism of Paul Pogba.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:30:09 +0000: Premier League fight for top four is on – just don’t mention the b-word - Manchester United | The Guardian
Tottenham, Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea can all still win a European trophy but, if they don’t, have just eight games each to try to secure a Champions League place
It is hard to place the exact moment when “bottle” became such an overused part of football’s lingua franca but nowadays it is hard to get through a weekend without several cases. You do not have to delve deep to find someone suggesting Chelsea bottled it at Goodison Park or Liverpool had the bottle to push themselves to a handy three points at Fulham.
The four-way sprint for the third and fourth Champions League placesContinue reading...
- Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:00:37 +0000: As Solskjær soars, how many extra points does a manager really add? | Sean Ingle - Manchester United | The Guardian
Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s Manchester United return has prompted debate about the qualities of former players as managers – and German academics may have an answer
Just how exceptional a manager is Ole Gunnar Solskjær? For all the praise lavished on the likeable Norwegian, I remain glued to the fence. Don’t get me wrong. He’s clearly doing well. It’s just that it is fiendishly tricky to separate the upturn in Manchester United’s mood and form since he took over – as reflected by that spectacular feat of alchemy in Paris – with the obvious fact that any club with that much money and world-class players should be winning most of their matches.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.