Manchester United Latest News
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 17:52:00 +0000: De Gea keen on Manchester United captaincy as he closes on new deal - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Goalkeeper says he would be ‘really happy’ to be captain
• Nicky Butt named as head of first-team development
David de Gea has said he would love to be named Manchester United captain as the goalkeeper prepares to extend his stay with the club.
The 28-year-old is understood to be preparing to sign an improved contract that is likely to run to 2025. He is keen to take on the captaincy, with Ole Gunnar Solskjær yet to confirm who will get the role after Antonio Valencia’s summer exit.Continue reading...
- Sat, 20 Jul 2019 16:59:04 +0000: Manchester United reject Internazionale’s £54m bid for Romelu Lukaku - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Antonio Conte confirms club’s ongoing interest after friendly
• United beat Inter 1-0 thanks to Mason Greenwood’s goal
Manchester United have rejected a £54m bid from Internazionale for Romelu Lukaku and informed the Italian club it will need a significantly higher offer to succeed in luring the player away from Old Trafford.
Lukaku missed the pre-season friendly between the two clubs in Singapore on Saturday, after complaining of an ankle injury and was seen talking to Inter officials on the pitch after a 1-0 victory for Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s team, courtesy of a second-half winner from Mason Greenwood.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:29:32 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Pogba and Lukaku to stay at Manchester United? - Manchester United | The Guardian
This gossip doesn’t recognise all of these things
The transfer window is full of surprises, so here’s another. It turns out that, after spending more than £400m on players already this summer, Real Madrid have no money left with which to sign Paul Pogba. Apparently this is not because they never actually wanted him in the first place and have no use for an unreliable adornment who has never been the best player in a good team. As such, Florentino Pérez must convince Zinedine Zidane to use Gareth Bale instead – once the Open is finished, of course.
Another Manchester United player who might not be on the move is Romelu Lukaku. Inter are interested in securing his services, but are not sure that he’s worth £75m. It’s now up to Ed Woodward to explain that the fee includes not just the player but the antique grand piano he carries around with him on the pitch.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - Manchester United | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:01:51 +0000: Solskjær full of praise for Greenwood after Manchester United thrash Leeds - Manchester United | The Guardian
- Greenwood scores as Man Utd beat Leeds 4-0 in Australia
- Newcastle beaten 4-0 by Wolves as Bruce appointed manager
Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford put Manchester United on course for a 4-0 pre-season win against Leeds in Australia. A fine move involving the impressive Paul Pogba and the £45m signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka led to 17-year-old Greenwood’s first senior goal and Ole Gunnar Solskjær said the young forward may even force his way into his starting lineup for the first match of the Premier League season, against Chelsea.
“He’s got a chance of starting that one, definitely,” Solskjaer said. “He’s more than capable and will always be there, in and around the box, creating chances. And I won’t say that’s not a possibility, no, it’s a good possibility. If he keeps going as he does. It’s difficult to keep players out who perform well.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.