Manchester United Latest News
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:30:00 +0000: When we lose a game we’ll see how good we are, says Ole Gunnar Solskjær - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Solskjær’s side have not gone behind in his six games in charge
• Manchester United host Brighton at Old Trafford on Saturday
Ole Gunnar Solskjær believes his management of Manchester United will face a different test when a game is finally lost but is confident he and the players will respond.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:45:45 +0000: Marouane Fellaini: forever tainted as Old Trafford’s king of dark times | Barney Ronay - Manchester United | The Guardian
Through successive managerial eras at Manchester United the big Belgian has fronted up gamely but remained the embodiment of the post-Fergie wilderness years
Carry on then, Marouane. After some suggestions this week that Marouane Fellaini might be on his way out of Old Trafford, Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s Friday press conference went the other way. Instead Solskjær offered what newspapers like to call “a vote of confidence” in the gangling Belgian utility-menace, talking up Fellaini’s continued presence through this, his sixth year as a Manchester United player.
It isn’t hard to see why some said his time was up. Under Solskjær Fellaini has played three minutes in the Premier League. His basic footballing presence has seemed at odds with a more mobile, fluid style. Plus there is of course a wider symbolic aspect to all this.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:23:22 +0000: Manchester United v Brighton: match preview - Manchester United | The Guardian
If Manchester United can reel off the seventh straight win under Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s tenure they will gain ground on Arsenal or Chelsea whatever the result in the fixture between them. Do so and suddenly United’s bid to earn a Champions League berth is realistic, the Norwegian having taken over with the gap 11 points. Jamie Jackson
Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:21:50 +0000: 'I belong at the top': José Mourinho plots return after United sacking – video - Manchester United | The Guardian
A bullish José Mourinho insisted he will return to club management at the elite level despite his underwhelming spell at Manchester United. In his first major interview since leaving the club in December, he also claimed last season’s second-place finish was one of his ‘best achievements in football’. At 55, he said he was too young to retire from club managementContinue reading...
- Thu, 17 Jan 2019 20:28:46 +0000: José Mourinho says Manchester United not ready for modern football - Manchester United | The Guardian
• ‘People don’t know what is going on behind the scenes’
• Portuguese says his next job will be in ‘top-level football’
José Mourinho has used his first major interview since Manchester United sacked him to suggest that his former club does not have the structure in place to cope with the demands of modern football, with player power now heavily influencing the game.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.