Manchester United Latest News
- Sun, 28 Nov 2021 15:07:52 +0000: Chelsea v Manchester United: Premier League – live! - Manchester United | The Guardian
- Updates from the match at Stamford Bridge (4.30pm GMT)
- Rangnick’s arrival is a response to Tuchel’s Chelsea revolution
- Get in touch! Email Rob with your thoughts here
Manchester United finished above Chelsea last season. Fair to say their paths have diverged since then. Chelsea are European champions, league leaders – and even a tacit inspiration for United’s latest reboot. German coaches are so damn hot right now, and Ralf Rangnick – the Can to Thomas Tuchel and Jurgen Klopp’s Kraftwerk - will take over at United as soon as he is granted a work permit.
While Rangnick would love to be in charge today, it might not be the worst game to miss. Chelsea are formidable opponents, who have gone from wannabes to winners in record time. Let’s be honest, they have only two main strengths: they score loads of goals and barely concede any.Continue reading...
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 22:30:09 +0000: Michael Carrick sets consistency as gold standard for Manchester United - Manchester United | The Guardian
- United capable of going on winning run, caretaker manager says
- Chelsea lead United by 12 points before Stamford Bridge fixture
The statue of Manchester United’s Holy Trinity is a feature of the Old Trafford landscape. For a club increasingly burdened by unflattering comparisons to their past, while invariably generating more, the spectre of an unholy trilogy looms larger. Forget Best, Law and Charlton, this threatens to be an autumn to rank among their worst.
Sunday brings a third meeting with title contenders, their supposed peers, and the first two amounted to humiliations. United kick off at Stamford Bridge 12 points behind Chelsea and after conceding more than five times as many goals. Liverpool scored five of them, Manchester City a mere two, but neither bothered to add to their tally in the final 40 minutes as they seemed to declare against vanquished opponents. As Michael Carrick conceded, a gulf has opened up. If there is a divide between the best and the rest, United are found on the wrong side of it.Continue reading...
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 20:00:06 +0000: Ralf Rangnick’s arrival signals shift from messiah fix to modern vision of the game | Jonathan Wilson - Manchester United | The Guardian
The idea of manager as a charismatic leader steeped in a club’s DNA is no way to run a football club – unless you’re Barcelona
As Manchester United go to Chelsea on Sunday, there may be regrets for roads not travelled. Six months after United appointed Ole Gunnar Solskjær as manager, Chelsea also turned to one of their own. But they were far more ruthless and, despite the affection in which Frank Lampard was held by fans, they sacked him in January. The improvement under Thomas Tuchel was immediate and, 10 months on, Chelsea are European champions and top of the Premier League.
Would United be in a similar position had they turned to Tuchel earlier in the year? Probably not. The job Tuchel has done has been remarkable, but he is building on solid foundations: Chelsea are well-run and have recruited sensibly, in part funded by an academy that is now producing first-team players.Continue reading...
- Sat, 27 Nov 2021 09:00:02 +0000: Chelsea v Manchester United: match preview - Manchester United | The Guardian
Manchester United are close to making Ralf Rangnick their new interim manager, but Michael Carrick will still be in the dugout when they visit Stamford Bridge. Carrick triumphed against Villarreal in his opening game and his next task is to find a way to outwit Thomas Tuchel, which is easier said than done. Chelsea are top of the league and, although they will be without Ben Chilwell and N’Golo Kanté, Tuchel’s team are in tremendous form at the moment. Jacob Steinberg
Sunday 4.30pm Sky Sports Premier LeagueContinue reading...
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 20:30:37 +0000: Ralf Rangnick’s arrival is a response to Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea revolution | Barney Ronay - Manchester United | The Guardian
Manchester United enlisting one of the traiblazers of hard pressing adds spice to a meeting with his thriving protege
Ed Woodward always gets his man. Or at least, Ed Woodward always gets a man. Give Manchester United’s chief executive his due. People definitely keep turning up.
There is probably some kind of method in the decision to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjær with Ralf Rangnick: the leap from a managerial style based around vibes, DNA and warm feelings to Europe’s most unforgiving 63-year-old process trainer.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 18:28:11 +0000: The Football News Show: Can Manchester United players adapt to Ralf Rangnick? - BBC Sport
St Louis City sporting director Lutz Pfannenstiel and BBC reporter Nesta McGregor talk to The Football News Show about Ralf Rangnick, who Manchester United are close to appointing as interim manager.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 17:56:43 +0000: Ralf Rangnick: Jurgen Klopp says incoming Manchester United interim boss is an 'outstanding coach' - BBC Sport
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says Ralf Rangnick is an "outstanding coach" who will make Manchester United "organised" if they appoint him as interim manager.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 15:24:34 +0000: Chelsea v Manchester United - BBC Sport
Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's Premier League game between Chelsea and Manchester United.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 15:24:00 +0000: Ralf Rangnick: Jurgen Klopp says Manchester United interest 'not good news for other teams' - BBC Sport
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says that "unfortunately a good coach is coming to England" if Manchester United agree a deal with Ralf Rangnick.
- Fri, 26 Nov 2021 14:32:37 +0000: Mauricio Pochettino 'has never asked to leave' PSG, says Leonardo amid Man Utd interest - BBC Sport
Paris St-Germain sporting director Leonardo says manager Mauricio Pochettino will remain at the club and has "never asked to leave" amid links to Manchester United.