Manchester United Latest News
- Sun, 15 Sep 2019 21:30:36 +0000: James Maddison has Brendan Rodgers eulogising about his potential - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Leicester manager compares Maddison to Philippe Coutinho
• ‘He is a humble boy, has a lovely swagger, a lovely arrogance’
James Maddison’s turn as a roving No 10 was the standout display as Manchester United broke a three‑game run without a win at Old Trafford. Leicester City may have lost to Marcus Rashford’s early penalty but their 22-year-old midfielder lit up the contest via a performance that illustrated how he would immediately make Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s side better. Maddison embodies the type of quick-minded, technically astute player the United manager wants.
To hear his manager, Brendan Rodgers, say Maddison has a “swagger” and is reminiscent of “Philippe Coutinho” strengthened that sense while also highlighting the situation vacant at United marked “playmaker”.Continue reading...
- Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:52:13 +0000: The Dozen: Guardiola's grief and David Luiz's lunge – the best Premier League pictures - Manchester United | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s matchesContinue reading...
- Sat, 14 Sep 2019 18:03:51 +0000: 'We want to play better than this' says Solskjær after 1-0 win over Leicester – video - Manchester United | The Guardian
'The performances have been miles better than this' were the words of Ole Gunnar Solksjær after his side snuck a 1-0 victory over Leicester City. An early penalty kick from Marcus Rashford was the difference. In a game that saw a number of key players missing for Manchester United. The manager insisted that his side 'want to play better than this'Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Sep 2019 16:08:05 +0000: Marcus Rashford’s early penalty edges blunt Manchester United past Leicester - Manchester United | The Guardian
The good news for Manchester United is that they have rediscovered their winning habit. They won this game despite missing a number of key players with injury and, for that alone, Ole Gunnar Solskjær can probably accept the fact their performance never got any higher than six out of 10 – there was lots of huffing and puffing but none of the old panache.
Leicester certainly had enough of the ball to believe they ought to have extended United’s winless sequence to four matches. Ultimately, though, Solskjær and his players can reflect on a decent afternoon’s work bearing in mind Leicester have ambitions of their own to break into the Premier League’s top four.Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:30:38 +0000: Rashford and Martial told by Solskjær to raise Manchester United goal rate - Manchester United | The Guardian
• Manager lays on the line his standards for forwards
• Forty goals between them would still not be ‘top, top-class’
Ole Gunnar Solskjær has said that even if Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial were to improve their Premier League goal return to one every two games for Manchester United this would still not be “top, top class”.
United have spurned chances in a run of uneven form in which they have drawn twice and lost once since the opening 4-0 win over Chelsea. Rashford and Martial, who is injured, have each scored twice this season. The former has 29 league goals in 115 appearances, the latter 36 in 116 for the club.Continue reading...
We also recommend reading more on boxing training here, a fantastic free resource for all things fitness related.
The News Archives can be viewed below
- Tue, 27 Jun 2017 21:33:15 +0000: Rooney future 'could clog up pre-season' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Wayne Rooney's future needs to be resolved to stop it "clogging up" Manchester United's pre-season, says Gary Neville.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:44:33 +0000: Preston sign Manchester United's Harrop - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Preston North End to sign Josh Harrop on a four-year deal when his Manchester United contract expires on 3 July.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:36:49 +0000: Fabinho would be 'tempted' by Man Utd - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Monaco midfielder Fabinho would be tempted by a move to Manchester United, who have strengthened their backroom staff.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 23:00:45 +0000: 'Shocking that Man Utd do not have women's team' - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Ex-England keeper Rachel Brown-Finnis on what Man Utd are missing out on as the biggest club in the world without a women's team.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:15:32 +0000: Man Utd cleared in £89.3m Pogba deal - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester United | BBC
Manchester United are cleared by Fifa of wrongdoing in the £89.3m deal to sign Paul Pogba last year, but Juventus face charges.