The Latest Manchester United FC Transfer News
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 15:46:17 +0000: Manchester United FC transfer news: The players who could leave Old Trafford if Jose Mourinho stays - Manchester United
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 15:36:31 +0000: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho’s 12-minute press conference rant – The full transcript - Manchester United
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 15:35:54 +0000: Manchester United FC transfer news: Matteo Darmian 'agrees to join' Juventus this summer - Manchester United
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:55:48 +0000: 'I am alive. I am here' – Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho in incredible 12-minute rant in defence of his managerial record - Manchester United
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 13:38:35 +0000: New deal: Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo signs contract extension until 2021 - Manchester United
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
Sir Alex Ferguson once again look to strengthen is squad for next seasons campaign after a largely disappointing season which saw the side from Old Trafford end the season with no silver wear for the first time in many years. The manager feels his squad over achieved last season due to their huge injury list and did extremely well to only lose out to Manchester City for the title on goal difference.
The managers first signing of the year was former Crewe Alexandra playmaker Nick Powell who is thought to have cost the Red Devils a fee of around six million pounds. Sir Alex has long been an admirer of this young and talented player who is believed to be a long term hot prospect for the side as they once again go on their usual charge for honours and silver wear.
Another signing that has been made which Manchester United fans will be extremely happy about is Shinji Kagawa from Borussia Dortmund who has himself been in sensational form for his previous club inspiring them to win the German Bundesliga title last season. The player has been welcomed with open arms at Old Trafford as his capabilities as an attacking midfielder are well known throughout Europe and he is now seen as a long term replacement for the ageing Paul Scholes.
There has also been a link lately to want away Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie with Manchester United as Sir Alex has long been an admirer of the talismatic Dutch striker. Utd will have to beat off opposition from many of Europe`s top clubs for the players signature as Juventus and domestic rivals Manchester City are both extremely interested in obtaining the Dutchman’s signature this summer.
Another player who is thought to be firmly on Sir Alex`s radar is creative midfielder Lucas Moura who currently plies his trade at Sao Paulo as he is now one of the hottest prospects in world football and has received much attention this summer from many of Europe`s top clubs. The player can offer both attacking and defensive play and is seen as the perfect addition to the red Devil`s squad after they lost out on Eden Hazard who has of course signed for Chelsea.
Dimitar Berbatov is one of the most high profile players to leave Old Trafford this summer as he has been told he no longer has a future at the club sparking much interest from around Europe. The player who has been at Manchester United for five years is now thought to be the top target of Ac Milan yet the Italian giants have been very coy on stating this. A fee of around the five million pound mark is thought to be required by Utd for his services and Ac Milan may have to fight off interest from Turkish giants Galatasaray if they wish to gain his signature.
Young left back Fabio has also departed from Old Trafford during the closed season on a year long loan at QPR as Sir Alex believes it will provide him with vital experience for his career amid fears he may find it hard to gain a regular place in the current Utd squad.