The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 21 May 2018 13:07:02 +0000: Pep Guardiola revives interest in signing Riyad Mahrez from Leicester - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Mahrez almost joined Manchester City in January
• Guardiola also keen to sign Napoli midfielder Jorginho
Pep Guardiola has revived his interest in Riyad Mahrez, with Manchester City’s manager having continued to monitor the Leicester forward following the breakdown of a prospective deal in January.
Mahrez saw a move to the Etihad Stadium collapse during the winter transfer window after the 2016 Premier League champions stated it would take a “mind-blowing offer” from City to prise him away. City were quoted a package worth around £95m, while they themselves valued the 27-year-old closer to £60m. While no formal offer was made for Mahrez, who is contracted until 2020, informal discussions between City’s chief executive, Ferran Soriano, and his opposite number, Susan Whelan, did occur.Continue reading...
- Sat, 19 May 2018 11:01:25 +0000: Manchester City seek to salvage season with Champions League place - Manchester City | The Guardian
In April Nick Cushing’s charges were on course for the treble of WSL, FA Cup and Champions League. A few weeks later and securing second place is all that remains open to them
When Manchester City announced that their women’s team would be embarking on a ground-breaking tour of the United States this summer a glorious treble remained within the grasp of Nick Cushing’s side.
It was April and optimism at the Etihad Campus, where Cushing’s players share many facilities with Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions, was high. Then the setbacks began. First, City lost an FA Cup semi-final to Emma Hayes’s Chelsea and then Lyon knocked them out at the same stage of the Champions League, before Hayes’s team clinched the Women’s Super League title.Continue reading...
- Thu, 17 May 2018 17:13:00 +0000: Pep Guardiola signs two-year Manchester City contract extension - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Manager had one season remaining on his deal
• Guardiola due to spend at least five years with City
Pep Guardiola signed a new contract to commit himself to Manchester City for another three years and immediately warned the rest of English football that his intention was to make his record-breaking team even more formidable opponents.
Guardiola has agreed a two-year extension to his present deal, which had another 12 months to run, meaning he will have until 2021 to achieve the club’s ambition of winning the Champions League for the first time.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 May 2018 10:37:43 +0000: Pep Guardiola: 'The human quality of Manchester City players is outstanding' – video - Manchester City | The Guardian
Around 100,000 fans turned out to see Manchester City's Premier League victory parade through the streets of the city centre.
Pep Guardiola's side won the title by 19 points, with second-placed Manchester United never threatening to usurp them.
Their 1-0 win over Southampton on the final day of the season also saw them become the first team to secure 100 points in the seasonContinue reading...
- Tue, 15 May 2018 09:20:45 +0000: Premier League 2017-18 review: our predictions versus cold, hard reality - Manchester City | The Guardian
Burnley, Huddersfield and Brighton to be relegated? It felt like the right answer at the time
Every year we step up and make bold predictions about the Premier League season and every year we are proved a little bit right and more than a little bit wrong. Burnley, Huddersfield and Brighton fans, we apologise. Manchester City fans, we told you so.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.