The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 26 Sep 2018 11:00:17 +0000: Phil Foden laughs off Iniesta comparisons after first City goal - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Teenager also involved in two other Carabao Cup goals
• Manchester City fans call youngster ‘Stockport Iniesta’
Phil Foden has laughed off comparisons to Andrés Iniesta in the wake of his sparkling performance for Manchester City in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night and said that the Spaniard is “on a different planet”.
Foden was speaking after he scored his first goal for the club in the 3-0 victory over Oxford that took Pep Guardiola’s team into the last 16. The 18-year-old, making only his fifth start for City, also set up Riyad Mahrez’s goal with a terrific pass and had a hand in Gabriel Jesus’s opener, prompting Karl Robinson, Oxford’s manager, to lavish praise on him. Robinson used the word “genius” when asked about Foden and drew parallels with Iniesta.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 Sep 2018 22:40:00 +0000: Manchester City’s Phil Foden completes win over outclassed Oxford - Manchester City | The Guardian
A routine victory for the Carabao Cup holders delivered a memorable storyline for Phil Foden, who scored the first of what will surely be many goals in a Manchester City shirt on a landmark night for the 18-year-old.
His emotional celebration showed just how much the goal meant to him, even if it was scored in front of a car park, and he also set up Riyad Mahrez with an exquisite pass for City’s second as well as having a hand in the opener.Continue reading...
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 07:31:05 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Manchester City | The Guardian
Ramsey needs to discover his inner Lampard, Shaqiri deserved more time and Traoré has become a specialist substituteContinue reading...
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:14:42 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Manchester City | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
- Sat, 22 Sep 2018 17:37:00 +0000: Riyad Mahrez double caps five-star Manchester City’s rout of Cardiff - Manchester City | The Guardian
Manchester City laid on an attacking masterclass that extinguished any fears of a European hangover to blow away Cardiff in style with five magnificent goals, as they strolled to victory in south Wales. An imperious away performance left the hosts exasperated with Sergio Agüero opening the scoring on his 300th appearance for City before Riyad Mahrez’s double completed the rout, with his first goals for the club since a £60m summer switch coming after beautiful goals by Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gündogan.
As Neil Warnock said before kick-off, it was good news that his side have to play them only twice this season. On a dank afternoon this was a harrowing experience for Cardiff – an ordeal. By half-time, by which point City had established a three-goal lead, it was a case of damage limitation. Things could have been worse for Cardiff, too, with Joe Ralls fortunate to avoid a red card for a poor first-half challenge on Gündogan. Long before the final whistle, City stroked the ball around at will, safe in the knowledge they had sealed a 10th win in 12 Premier League matches and hoisted themselves up to second in the table.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.