The Manchester City Football Club Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:30:00 +0000: Football puts too many obstacles in paths of youngsters such as Phil Foden - Manchester City | The Guardian
The England Under-17s World Cup winner has a host of players in front of him at Manchester City – perhaps United’s policy of having an academy product in every squad should spread
No offence intended, but I doubt I was alone, when José Mourinho took the job two summers ago, in wondering whether one of the more remarkable records in the business – the one that tells us a former youth-team player has been included in Manchester United’s match-day squad in every game since 1937 – would be one of the casualties.
Mourinho also seemed to sense it, judging by the way he came armed to his first press conference with a notebook featuring a list of names, colour-coded in red, blue and green, to nail “the lie” that he was somehow averse to bringing through players from academies.Continue reading...
- Sat, 18 Nov 2017 17:05:22 +0000: Manchester City sink Leicester with Kevin de Bruyne super strike - Manchester City | The Guardian
It is hard to believe now that Manchester City lost this fixture 4-2 a year ago, putting in a shambolic performance that fatally undermined any pretensions they might have had of a title challenge.
They arrived here 18 points ahead of the Foxes and deservedly increased the gap to 21 with an impressive display of control, even with two centre-halves who were rusty through lack of games. Leicester City did not play badly; they might have taken something from the game against most opponents, but the whole point about Manchester City these days is that they are not any old opponents.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:30:15 +0000: Pep Guardiola wary of complacency as Manchester City head to Leicester - Manchester City | The Guardian
• Unbeaten leaders were heavily beaten at King Power Stadium last season
• Sterling and Agüero should both be fit but defender Otamendi is suspended
Kyle Walker has urged Manchester City to create something special under Pep Guardiola and achieve even greater success than the manager’s former club Barcelona.
City lead the Premier League by eight points from Manchester United after 11 matches and their flying start and style of play have led to comparisons with Guardiola’s Barça. The Catalan took charge at the Camp Nou in 2008 and in four years led them to win the Champions League twice, La Liga three times, the Copa del Rey twice, and also double successes in the Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup.Continue reading...
- Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:41:08 +0000: Leicester City v Manchester City: match preview - Manchester City | The Guardian
What chance a repeat of last season? Leicester beat Manchester City 4-2 on that occasion, with Jamie Vardy scoring a hat-trick as Pep Guardiola’s side somewhat naively played into the hands of the then Premier League champions. Now City are an entirely different proposition and it is hard to see how anyone can stop a team that is unbeaten in 23 matches and scoring goals at a ridiculous rate. City will, however, have to make do without the suspended key defender Nicolás Otamendi at the King Power Stadium. Stuart James
Kick-off Saturday 3pmContinue reading...
- Thu, 16 Nov 2017 18:08:24 +0000: Premier League health check: the overachievers and underperformers | Paul Wilson - Manchester City | The Guardian
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour
They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tell you is that during the dog days of an international break, when nothing falls or rises and hopes and fears are put on temporary hold, the narrative becomes a bit less compelling.
You get sick of looking at the same thing, in other words, although Burnley, Brighton, Watford and Huddersfield will probably never tire of waiting for winter and the real meat of the season from a position in the top half of the table. As far as the first third of the season goes, some of those clubs are among the big winners, simply for delighting their fans by doing better than expected.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 13:27:24 +0000: Ipswich close in on Huws & Celina - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ipswich Town have a bid accepted for Cardiff's Emyr Huws and hope to conclude a deal for Manchester City's Bersant Celina.
- Tue, 20 Jun 2017 12:53:36 +0000: Bennell charged with 14 further offences - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Ex-football coach Barry Bennell faces 14 further charges of historical sex abuse, prosecutors say.
- Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:03:39 +0000: Man City consider bid for Juve's Alves - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola could turn to Juventus and Brazil defender Dani Alves to strengthen his full-back options.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 20:36:27 +0000: Sterling to make Grenfell Tower donation - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Manchester City and England winger Raheem Sterling is to make a substantial donation to those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 15 Jun 2017 10:54:11 +0000: Huddersfield agree £10m fee for Mooy - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Manchester City | BBC
Newly promoted Huddersfield Town agree a club-record £10m fee for Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy.