The Latest Manchester City FC Transfer News for 2016 – 2017
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 14:40:00 +0000: Every Premier League club's record signing – from least to most expensive deal - Manchester City
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 13:40:22 +0000: Jonny Evans transfer: Joey Barton understands why Manchester City want West Brom defender - Manchester City
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 12:10:07 +0000: Premier League transfers: How players who moved from one title rival to another performed in their first season - Manchester City
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 11:13:37 +0000: The Premier League transfer targets sidelined with injury, including Coutinho, Sanchez and Drinkwater - Manchester City
- Sat, 19 Aug 2017 09:31:05 +0000: Transfer rumours and paper review - Saturday, August 19: Chelsea demand £50m for Costa, West Brom put £30m tag on Evans, Spurs to sign Argentine starlet - Manchester City
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
Roberto Mancini begins his closed season with many targets on his radar as he looks to reinforce his squad of champions for next season with a host of star names being linked with a move to Eastlands. At the moment there seems to be more players departing Eastlands this summer than arriving sparking worries among fans that the team may be left short handed next season if the manager fails to bring in his top targets.
One of the first players who is likely to be leaving Manchester City permanently is Emmanuel Adebayor who has been on a season long loan at Tottenham. Spurs are said to be extremely interested in retaining the services of the striker and are looking to strike a deal to bring him to White Hart Lane on a permanent deal but with city looking for a much higher price than Tottenham have been willing to pay it is very unclear where the players future lies but it is certain it is not at Eastlands.
The Manchester side have now been seen to enter the race for Arsenals top striker Robin Van Persie as he is set to leave the Emirates as he has chosen not to sign a new deal and now the north London club are looking to cash in on their prized asset before he can walk away free at the end of next season. City as well as Manchester United, Chelsea and Juventus are all attempting to lure the player into their squads with a fee of around twenty five million pounds being touted as the figure arsenal wish to receive for their players services.
Ac Milan have recently stepped up their interest in bringing Edin Dzeko to the San Siro even though manager Roverto Mancini seems reluctant to lose his striker but as Dzeko has found a place in the starting line up hard to achieve he may lose his striker to one of Europe`s biggest clubs for a fee thought to be around the twelve million pound mark.
The future of Carlos Tevez is again up in the balance as the striker has not put to rest rumours that he may be on his way to Paris St Germain this summer with the big spending French team very keen on acquiring his services for next season. After the long feud between Tevez and Mancini last season which resulted in the striker going into self imposed exile in Argentina for four months it is very unclear if the rift has just been cleared publicly rather than in regards of them being ok in a personal fashion.
Real Madris have stepped up their interest in Manchester City defender Micah Richards as he is seen to be one of Jose Mourinho`s top targets for the summer with a fee of around ten million pounds looking to be on the table. City have made no reply as of yet to this offer and we will have to wait and see if Richards will remain at Eastlands next season or could he be on his way to the sunny Madrid.