The Fulham Latest Football News
- Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:00:05 +0000: Harry Arter sees red on Cardiff return but Fulham hold out for a point - Fulham | The Guardian
Harry Arter was sent off on his Cardiff return as 10-man Fulham held on for a draw in the Welsh capital. The game exploded into life with two goals in three minutes just before half-time, the Fulham forward Aleksandar Mitrovic’s close-range effort cancelling out a Josh Murphy strike.
The temperature soared midway through the second half when Arter, who spent last season on loan at Cardiff, picked up two yellow cards in as many minutes. The midfielder scythed down Joe Ralls and was then sent off after 68 minutes when the referee, Tim Robinson, was unimpressed by his theatrical fall as Sean Morrison challenged him for the ball.Continue reading...
- Wed, 21 Aug 2019 21:51:00 +0000: Ivan Cavaleiro double leads ruthless Fulham’s romp against Millwall - Fulham | The Guardian
This was the night Fulham bared their teeth back in the Championship. Their front three had always felt the envy of the division but in running amok so ruthlessly to dismantle a normally robust Millwall team they reminded fellow contenders of their pedigree. There may be no living with Aleksandar Mitrovic, Anthony Knockaert and Ivan Cavaleiro at this level.
The trio all scored in a lopsided contest with Fulham completing 934 passes and enjoyed 89% possession in the first half. To have clawed that back closer to 85% by the end – “Is that all?” said Millwall’s Neil Harris, jokingly – felt like a minor triumph for the crestfallen visitors but the passes figure still represented a record since Opta began collating such data in the second tier in 2013.Continue reading...
- Sat, 10 Aug 2019 16:08:41 +0000: Tom Cairney’s thunderbolt sees off Blackburn and gives Fulham first win - Fulham | The Guardian
After suffering a shock opening-day defeat to a newly promoted side, it was imperative for Scott Parker that his Fulham team got their first league win in their clash with Blackburn Rovers at Craven Cottage. But more than that, he wanted to see “bravery” from the Championship favourites to continue playing out from the back - even when the home fans made their frustrations about Fulham’s new style of play perfectly clear.
Parker, though, was vindicated after Tom Cairney’s superb long-range strike in the 35th minute handed the hosts the lead before Aleksandar Mitrovic’s tap-in with nine minutes remaining secured a 2-0 win.Continue reading...
- Thu, 08 Aug 2019 17:08:47 +0000: Tottenham sign Sessegnon and Lo Celso but miss out on Dybala - Fulham | The Guardian
- Fulham teenager joins for initial £25m
- Lo Celso completes loan move from Real Betis
Tottenham have confirmed the signings of Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon from Real Betis and Fulham respectively as Mauricio Pochettino’s patience was finally rewarded on a tense transfer deadline day.
While attempts to sign Paulo Dybala broke down after the two parties failed to agree a deal over the player’s image rights, the moves for his Argentina teammate Lo Celso from Real Betis and England youth international Sessegnon from Fulham proved more successful with both players confirmed within an hour of the window shutting.Continue reading...
- Sat, 03 Aug 2019 19:49:55 +0000: Fulham’s Cyrus Christie says sister was hit and racially abused by fans - Fulham | The Guardian
• Defender alleges Fulham fans made ‘shameful’ remarks to sister
• Fulham will take ‘strongest possible action’ if culprits identified
Fulham have launched an investigation after their defender Cyrus Christie alleged two supporters hit and racially abused his sister during the club’s 1-0 opening-day defeat against Barnsley at Oakwell.
“To the Fulham fan that decided to hit my sister at the game today and his wife who justified his action with racist remarks I hope your proud of yourself and feel like a big man,” Christie said on Twitter. “You’ll get what’s coming to you. Regardless how you felt about the result your actions are shameful.”Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.