The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 16 Nov 2018 22:30:14 +0000: Claudio Ranieri puts burgers on menu to beef up Fulham survival mission - Fulham | The Guardian
The Tinkerman got a pizza the action in his Leicester miracle but knows he must up the ante to save Fulham from relegation
There has been little to light up Craven Cottage this season, but on a shale-grey November afternoon Claudio Ranieri was a one-man sunbeam – offering optimism, old-world charm and an iron promise to do everything possible to keep Fulham from the drop. “If I come here it’s because I believe,” he said, smiling after being unveiled as the club’s new manager. “I’m mad but not stupid.”
At Leicester Ranieri promised his players pizza every time they kept a clean sheet. This time, he joked, he would have to up the ante for a side that have conceded 31 goals in 12 Premier League games this season. “I have to promise something more,” he said. “Pizza is not enough now. Better everybody to McDonald’s! I hope to pay for a McDonald’s big burger very soon!”
That season at Leicester was a bonus, a miracle I forgetContinue reading...
- Thu, 15 Nov 2018 18:55:00 +0000: Slavisa Jokanovic deserved more time to transform Fulham’s fortunes | Eni Aluko - Fulham | The Guardian
All too often the very manager who brought success is the one who makes way at the first bump in the road
The fact we had entered November and not seen a single manager sacked in the Premier League made for a refreshing change. All too often, dismissals are made in a panic and without the long-term good of the club in question taken into proper consideration. This season it appeared a sense of calm and rational thinking had taken over. All managers seem to have been given time.
That was until Wednesday, however, when Fulham sacked Slavisa Jokanovic and immediately announced Claudio Ranieri as his successor. Unfortunately, normal service has been resumed.Continue reading...
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:35:56 +0000: Claudio Ranieri's journey to Fulham and back to the Premier League – video profile - Fulham | The Guardian
Best known for leading Leicester City to their first ever Premier League title, Ranieri has been appointed as manager of 17 teams over a career spanning more than three decades.Continue reading...
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 16:35:49 +0000: Claudio Ranieri fastens in for Premier League homecoming at Fulham | Amy Lawrence - Fulham | The Guardian
The new manager cannot expect to repeat the success of his Leicester days but will hope his experience helps elicit a quick reaction from the struggling west London side
Hi Claudio. Welcome back to a place you loved, and where you were loved. The Ranieri of the Premier League, regarded in different moments as a gentleman, a tinkerman, a caricature joker, a miracle worker, an expert at somehow maintaining composure when form has faltered and the axe has lurked, returns with the words “risk free” ringing around him. Ranieri has seen enough in 32 years of management across five countries to smile wryly at such notions before he gets to work.
Preconceptions have followed Ranieri around for long enough – way longer than the infamous reaction to his supposedly left-field appointment at Leicester City (and we all know how that turned out). A certain amount of optimism from the Fulham hierarchy, who chose Ranieri to follow Slavisa Jokanovic, is understandable. But there is no sense jumping to the question of whether Ranieri can recreate something resembling the phenomenon he oversaw at Leicester in his new role at Craven Cottage.Continue reading...
- Wed, 14 Nov 2018 09:25:42 +0000: Fulham appoint Claudio Ranieri as manager after sacking Slavisa Jokanovic - Fulham | The Guardian
• Ranieri described as ‘risk-free’ appointment by owner
• Jokanovic dismissed with Fulham bottom of table
Fulham have appointed Claudio Ranieri as their manager after sacking Slavisa Jokanovic. The Italian, who led Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016 and has also managed Chelsea, takes over with the club bottom of the Premier League.Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.