The Fulham Latest Football News for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 15 May 2019 11:42:03 +0000: Premier League 2018-19 review: our predictions versus reality - Fulham | The Guardian
We thought Manchester City would pip Liverpool to the title, but we also said Watford would go down
What we said: “Pep Guardiola’s talented side look well placed to become the first team to retain the Premier League title since Manchester United did it in 2009.”Continue reading...
- Tue, 14 May 2019 12:28:41 +0000: Unforgettable photos: the best of the 2018-19 Premier League season - Fulham | The Guardian
Photo editor Jonny Weeks reviews a tumultuous football season through some of its best, weirdest and most defining images
On an average weekend, The Guardian receives around 12,000 photographs from Premier League matches via its staff, agency and contributor photographers. That’s almost half a million images per season. Some capture extraordinary joy and despair; some bear witness to defining moments in the title race; some owe greatly to the creativity of the men and women behind the lenses; and some, like this first one from August, feature the rare but always amusing sight of a referee nearly getting thwacked by a ball.
Click on the images to see full captions and credits. All pictures are in chronological order.
Click on the images to see full captions and credits. All pictures are in chronological order.Continue reading...
- Sun, 12 May 2019 18:19:05 +0000: Premier League 2018-19: the highs and lows of the season – video review - Fulham | The Guardian
Liverpool's attempt to dethrone Manchester City as Premier League champions ended in failure with the reigning champions completing the season with one more point than their title rivals.
City claimed 98 points, just two shy of last season's record-breaking 100, while Liverpool earned 97 – by far the largest tally for a Premier League runners-up.
Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur completed the top four, while Huddersfield Town, Fulham and Cardiff City were relegated. Here's a look at some of the key moments this seasonContinue reading...
- Sun, 12 May 2019 16:04:54 +0000: Jonjo Shelvey cracker at Fulham helps Newcastle end with a bang - Fulham | The Guardian
It felt something like love. The Geordie fans crooned throughout this stroll of an end-of- season win in honour of their manager. “Rafa Benítez, we want you to stay” was on repeat. From the dugout Benítez gave an understated wave. Not enough to read into, but symbolic of his attachment to Newcastle, something strong enough for him to express his hope they can find a way “to move forward, maybe together”.
At the end it felt significant that the owner, Mike Ashley, was in attendance in the directors’ box and made his way down to the dressing room to offer his best wishes to the manager and his players. “He said congratulations, talking with me and the team, nothing special,” Benítez said. The main talking will take place next week, mindful that the manager’s contract expires at the end of June, and guarantees of ambition are required to mend damaged trust. Ashley could not fail to have noticed how cohesive and positive the team were. That old chestnut about where they are, and whether they are making the very best of themselves, remains at the heart of it all.
Twitter: follow us at @guardian_sportContinue reading...
- Sun, 12 May 2019 08:00:26 +0000: Premier League 2018-19 fans’ verdicts. Part one: Arsenal to Huddersfield - Fulham | The Guardian
Fans review the season with one game to play – the stars, the flops and the moments that made them smile
Emery is entitled to a bit of a free pass in this transitional season but inevitably there’s a mood of discontent over the way we faded in the league. There would have been few complaints back in the summer if we’d been offered a European final and a top-four challenge – and no doubt all will be forgiven and forgotten if we win in Baku. But it wouldn’t mask the size of the task on his hands. This ageing squad has some obvious inadequacies, and he’s failed to motivate them too often. His relentless tinkering, in a struggle to shore up our porous defence, has left us all bemused. We’ve still no definitive vision of what “brand Unai” footie is supposed to be all about. 5/10Continue reading...
News Archive Below
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:26:51 +0000: Ex-England midfielder Parker retires - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Ex-England, Charlton and Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker announces his retirement from football.
- Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:23:55 +0000: Sessegnon signs new Fulham contract - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional deal, keeping him at the club until June 2020.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:50:48 +0000: Adams takes Under-18 job in non-league - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Former Premier League manager Micky Adams takes on a role as Under-18 boss at non-league club Harborough Town.
- Wed, 21 Jun 2017 08:00:34 +0000: Championship fixtures in full - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Find out your team's fixtures in the Championship during the 2017-18 season.
- Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:02 +0000: Sunderland to play Bury in EFL Cup - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Fulham | BBC
Sunderland will travel to Bury in the EFL Cup first round following their relegation from the Premier League.