The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:16:00 +0000: Chelsea intent on resisting any Real Madrid approach for Eden Hazard - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Belgian keen on Bernabéu move but will not agitate for transfer
• Chelsea may be open to Madrid offers for Thibaut Courtois
Chelsea plan to resist any attempt by Real Madrid to prise Eden Hazard away this summer despite the Belgium forward having suggested the time may be right for him to move on after six successful years at Stamford Bridge.
Hazard, fresh from captaining his country to a third-place finish at the World Cup, cast doubt over his future straight after Saturday’s victory over England. That was swiftly followed by his compatriot and club-mate Thibaut Courtois intimating that his own performances at the tournament were evidence he is worth more than the £200,000-a-week deal on the table at Chelsea since the end of last year.Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 18:49:19 +0000: ‘You know my preferred destination’: Eden Hazard casts doubt over Chelsea future - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Belgium forward admits he may leave Stamford Bridge
• Hazard: ‘It might be time to discover something different’
Eden Hazard has cast serious doubts over his future at Chelsea after suggesting that, in the wake of an impressive World Cup campaign, the time may have come for him to move on after six successful years at Stamford Bridge.
The Belgium forward, who scored his team’s second goal to secure third place at England’s expense in St Petersburg and is contracted until 2020, has long been courted by Real Madrid and has made no secret of his desire to play at the Bernebéu at some stage of his career. Chelsea had hoped to secure him to new terms worth around £300,000 a week but the 27 year old opted against renegotiating last season and indicated before the FA Cup final that his decision to stay would be heavily influenced by the club’s moves in the market.Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 11:45:05 +0000: Chelsea appoint Maurizio Sarri as head coach and sign midfielder Jorginho - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Former Napoli coach agrees three-year contract
• Jorginho joins Sarri at Chelsea in £50.4m deal
Chelsea have confirmed the appointment of Maurizio Sarri as their new head coach with the Napoli midfielder Jorginho joining his former manager at Stamford Bridge after sealing his move.
The midfielder has been unveiled by Chelsea after they agreed a fee of €57m (£50.4m). Jorginho has signed a five-year deal at the club, with Sarri agreeing a three-year contract to replace Antonio Conte.Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:00:36 +0000: Maurizio Sarri looks like a subtle change of direction for Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
Stability is not a word often associated with Roman Abramovich but times are changing at Stamford Bridge
Chelsea supporters are fond of dismissing Tottenham Hotspur as chokers and nearly men, though at least they know how to hang on to a manager.
Mauricio Pochettino has been at the club for four years and agreed a new five-year deal shortly before Antonio Conte found it necessary to pack his bags after just a couple of seasons at Stamford Bridge.Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:21:41 +0000: Antonio Conte sacked by Chelsea with Maurizio Sarri set to replace him - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Conte won 2017 Premier League title and FA Cup last season
• Chelsea to pay Napoli around £50m to get Sarri and Jorginho
Maurizio Sarri is set to be confirmed as Chelsea’s new head coach after Antonio Conte was finally relieved of his duties after two increasingly fractious years in charge.
Conte, who claimed the Premier League title and an FA Cup in his two seasons at the club, had been anticipating the axe to fall all summer but, with Chelsea’s negotiations over the compensation due to Napoli to secure Sarri having proved complicated, he had returned to his office at Cobham last weekend. The Italian even took training on Thursday morning before, with the players sent home for the afternoon, confirmation came of his sacking.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.