The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 22:25:38 +0000: Ethan Ampadu hails 'perfect step' of joining RB Leipzig on loan from Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Ampadu signs with Bundesliga club on season-long loan
• Charlie Adam joins Reading after being released by Stoke
The Wales international Ethan Ampadu will continue his development in the Bundesliga after joining RB Leipzig on a season-long loan from Chelsea.
Ampadu, who has eight senior caps, underwent a medical in Germany on Friday having been omitted from the Chelsea senior squad who are currently in Japan on a two-game pre-season tour.Continue reading...
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 14:10:37 +0000: Pulisic happy with Chelsea tune-up despite defeat by Kawasaki Frontale - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Frank Lampard’s side beaten by late Damiao header
- ‘I’m happy. They were a very good opponent,’ says Pulisic
Brazilian striker Damiao consigned Chelsea to a 1-0 defeat in Japan as J-League side Kawasaki Frontale claimed a famous pre-season scalp. The substitute’s late effort in Yokohama settled a game into which Frank Lampard’s men had gradually grown, but the Premier League side, who brought Christian Pulisic on as a second-half substitute, could not make the breakthrough.
A Chelsea starting lineup which included Willy Caballero, Mason Mount, Kenedy and Michy Batshuayi, struggled to break the hosts down with Pedro forcing an early save and sending another shot just over the bar before Kenedy blasted just wide from distance.Continue reading...
- Thu, 18 Jul 2019 13:47:08 +0000: Callum Hudson-Odoi set for Chelsea talks over future amid Bayern interest - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Representatives to discuss new contract in coming days
• Lampard says Hudson-Odoi ‘can be a big player for us’
Callum Hudson-Odoi’s representatives will hold talks with Chelsea in the next few days to discuss his future at Stamford Bridge after head coach Frank Lampard admitted the teenager “can be a big player for us”.
The England forward has entered the final year of his contract but has yet to formally reopen negotiations over a new deal after handing in a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Bayern Munich in January. The German champions have not given up hope of signing him after seeing a new £22.5m bid turned down last month and are still hopeful that he may reject a new contract with Chelsea worth up to £100,000 a week, leaving him free to sign a pre-contract agreement with them in January.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jul 2019 19:30:04 +0000: Premier League youngsters who can shine on tour, from Arsenal to Wolves - Chelsea | The Guardian
We take a look at one young player from each Premier League club who can make an impact this summer
Bukayo Saka, 17, wingerContinue reading...
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 13:56:08 +0000: Frank Lampard on Chelsea's transfer ban: 'I don't need new players' – video - Chelsea | The Guardian
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard said he is 'happy' with his squad ahead of their pre-season matches against Barcelona and Kawasaki Frontale.
Uefa handed Chelsea a two-window transfer ban after the club were found guilty of breaching rules regarding their dealings with overseas players under the age of 18Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.