The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sun, 15 Sep 2019 20:52:13 +0000: The Dozen: Guardiola's grief and David Luiz's lunge – the best Premier League pictures - Chelsea | The Guardian
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s matchesContinue reading...
- Sun, 15 Sep 2019 13:30:11 +0000: Tammy Abraham revels up front but Chelsea need to tighten up at the back - Chelsea | The Guardian
Striker is profiting from Chelsea’s openness in attack as he showed in the 5-2 win at Wolves but it is leaving them vulnerable in defence
Youth products scoring goals. A verve and excitement in forward areas. Goals, fun, joy. It was all there for Chelsea at Wolves on Saturday. Fikayo Tomori was a revelation stepping out from a rejigged defensive line. Tammy Abraham scored a hat-trick to take his tally to seven in three games. Mason Mount again found space and devastating angles in the final third.
And yet when Romain Saïss’s 69th-minute header found its way in via the hands of Kepa Arrizabalaga and Abraham to make it 4-1, Wolves’ players were rushing to get the ball back to the centre-circle; it seemed like more than consolation. When, with the score at 4-2, the board went up to signal six minutes of injury time, there was a great roar from the home crowd: they felt there was a real chance of a famous comeback. With this Chelsea side, you suspect, no lead will ever seem quite safe.Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:50:00 +0000: Tammy Abraham scores hat-trick and own goal as Chelsea hammer Wolves - Chelsea | The Guardian
This was supposed to be a day of celebration for Wolves as they marked the 130th anniversary of their first match here. Instead it turned into an embarrassment for the hosts, as thoughts of their rich history were blown away by signs of Chelsea’s bright future. Three of the young English talents introduced by Frank Lampard stole the show for the visitors, for whom a hat-trick by Tammy Abraham was bookended by goals from Fikayo Tomori and Mason Mount.Continue reading...
- Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:40:50 +0000: Tammy Abraham 'has to sustain it' after hat-trick at Wolves says Frank Lampard – video - Chelsea | The Guardian
Frank Lampard praised Tammy Abraham after his Chelsea side were 5-2 victors away at Wolves. The Blues have had a mixed start to the season so far, however it was the performance of the young striker that caught the eye. 'He has to sustain it and has to get even better, he has to be hungry,' said Lampard. The former England international added that he was 'delighted to come here and score five goals - not many teams do that'Continue reading...
- Fri, 13 Sep 2019 21:30:38 +0000: Frank Lampard says place in the top six cannot be guaranteed for Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Transfer ban has prevented club from replacing Eden Hazard
• ‘A top six you can’t write down. Teams are investing heavily’
Frank Lampard has admitted Chelsea are at risk of losing their place in the top six this season. Chelsea’s transfer ban stopped them from strengthening their squad after selling Eden Hazard to Real Madrid in the summer and Lampard is taking nothing for granted after picking up five points from his first four league games.
“We always want to be competitive but we’re all very honest about the situation,” Chelsea’s manager said. “Eden moved on and two No 9s moved on who were the No 9s generally last season. Younger players are coming in, but we still want to be in there.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.