The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Thu, 18 Jan 2018 00:40:19 +0000: Antonio Conte: VAR official made ‘big mistake’ over Chelsea penalty shout - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Willian should have had penalty for Klose challenge, says Conte
• Pedro and Morata deserved yellow cards for diving, says Italian
Antonio Conte has suggested the video assistant referee, Mike Jones, was guilty of a “big, big mistake” after opting not to flag up a potential penalty as Chelsea’s third round replay victory over Norwich City descended into farcical scenes in extra-time.
The hosts, who would prevail on penalties, were reduced to nine men following the dismissals of Pedro and Álvaro Morata, who were both shown one of their two yellow cards for diving. Willian was also cautioned for going to ground in an incident with Timm Klose.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 23:06:41 +0000: Hazard penalty puts Chelsea through against Norwich on dramatic Cup night - Chelsea | The Guardian
The anarchy into which this tie descended through extra-time actually made Chelsea’s eventual progress feel almost incidental. Antonio Conte had cause to celebrate Willy Caballero’s fine save and a perfect quintet of penalties in the shootout, but he was still a man on the edge long after the final whistle. So much of this had been the stuff of nightmares.
He could curse Norwich City’s hugely merited equaliser deep into stoppage time at the end of the 90 minutes, a flicked header from Jamal Lewis which thrust the hosts into an extra period they must have dreaded given their cluttered schedule. But then there were the trio of home players booked for diving, and the dismissals for Pedro and Álvaro Morata – two of those who had gone to ground – for second bookable offences in the last three minutes. The second red card prompted one irate home supporter to encroach on the penalty area to berate the referee, Graham Scott.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:34:24 +0000: Chelsea open talks with West Ham over signing Andy Carroll on permanent deal - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Chelsea told they will not be able to get Carroll on six-month loan
• West Ham want around £20m for striker they bought for £15m
Chelsea have indicated they would be willing to sign Andy Carroll on a permanent basis and have opened discussions with West Ham.
The Premier League champions are scrutinising a number of forwards in an attempt to ease the workload on Álvaro Morata and were initially interested in taking Carroll on a six-month loan. West Ham would want around £20m for a player who has 18 months on his £70,000-a-week deal.Continue reading...
- Tue, 16 Jan 2018 22:30:36 +0000: Ross Barkley denied chance to make Chelsea debut in Norwich FA Cup replay - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Club look to arrange friendly after midfielder declared ineligible
• Ethan Ampadu set to start replay with Eden Hazard rested
Chelsea are seeking to arrange a behind-closed-doors friendly this week to grant Ross Barkley game time after discovering only on Sunday that the new signing is ineligible to make his debut on Wednesday againstNorwich.
Antonio Conte had envisaged selecting Barkley among his substitutes for the FA Cup third-round replay at Stamford Bridge with a view to the 24-year-old playing his first competitive football of the campaign. Yet the Chelsea club secretary, David Barnard, pointed out that the England international had completed his £15m move from Everton after the midday cut-off on the day before the original tie at Carrow Road.Continue reading...
- Mon, 15 Jan 2018 21:42:00 +0000: Manchester United’s José Mourinho expects rival bids for Alexis Sánchez - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Mourinho admits: ‘Most probably other big clubs are interested’
• Chelsea wait in wings after Manchester City step back from bidding
José Mourinho believes “other big clubs” are interested in the Arsenal forward, Alexis Sánchez, despite Manchester City appearing to clear the way for Manchester United to secure the Chile forward citing the escalating costs of any deal.
City have stepped back from the bidding, for now at least, for a player they had originally hoped to secure for around £20m in January. They suspect Chelsea, rival suitors last summer, have expressed late interest in Sánchez, despite the fact the Premier League champions would have to offer wages virtually double those paid to Eden Hazard to meet the Arsenal player’s salary demands. There has been no formal contact between the two London clubs.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.