The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 22:58:58 +0000: Dortmund’s Michy Batshuayi alleges more racist abuse by Atalanta fans - Chelsea | The Guardian
• On-loan Chelsea striker shares monkey emojis on Twitter
• Atalanta already facing Uefa disciplinary hearing on 22 March
The Borussia Dortmund striker Michy Batshuayi, who is on loan from Chelsea, has been inundated with racially abusive messages on social media, allegedly sent by Atalanta fans.Continue reading...
- Fri, 16 Mar 2018 22:30:17 +0000: Antonio Conte: My only worry is to have players in best form for Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Gary Cahill and Álvaro Morata left out of England and Italy squads
• ‘There is only one way: to work hard and show you deserve to play’
Antonio Conte has declined to show Gary Cahill and Álvaro Morata a great deal of sympathy after they were omitted from their respective international squads, with the Chelsea manager making clear the only way for them to prove they deserve to go to the World Cup is by working hard for their club. Cahill has been left out of the England squad to face the Netherlands and Italy having not played in Chelsea’s recent Premier League matches with Manchester United and Manchester City, or in the Champions League tie against Barcelona. Morata has not been picked by Julen Lopetegui for Spain’s friendlies against Germany and Argentina, having struggled since arriving at Stamford Bridge from Real Madrid in July and failing to score this year.
“This is a question for the coach of the national teams, not for me,” Conte said when asked whether Cahill’s and Morata’s omissions placed doubt over their involvement in the World Cup in Russia this summer. “My only worry is to have the players in best form for Chelsea.”Continue reading...
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018 22:30:01 +0000: Antonio Conte digs in at Chelsea, confident he is ‘doing good work’ - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Stamford Bridge manager denies pressure to win FA Cup
• Conte pleads for patience but seems certain to leave in summer
Chelsea’s players have vowed to shrug off the disappointment of Champions League elimination and salvage a faltering season, though even a top-four finish and winning the FA Cup would be unlikely to secure Antonio Conte’s future at the club.
The manager’s relationship with the hierarchy has been severely strained over a difficult campaign, largely over recruitment policy, and he is expected to leave in the summer with 12 months of his £9m-a-year contract unfulfilled. Conte has defended his record and suggested his influence should not be judged by trophies alone but it seems inconceivable that bridges can be rebuilt with the board.Continue reading...
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:36:34 +0000: Antonio Conte reflects on Chelsea's 'unlucky' Champions League defeat to Barcelona – video - Chelsea | The Guardian
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte believes Chelsea's 3-0 defeat to Barcelona in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie was 'unfair'. Chelsea lost 4-1 on aggregate, but Conte insists his side had chances to get back into the game as they crashed out of the tournamentContinue reading...
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018 10:00:33 +0000: Chelsea given painful reminder of declining European status by Barcelona | Dominic Fifield - Chelsea | The Guardian
Antonio Conte had reason to curse the absence of a ruthless streak but the grimmer reality is Chelsea have won two games in the knockout stages of this competition since 2012
Chelsea could at least seek to console themselves in the immediate aftermath of elimination. They had reason to curse profligacy, and the absence of a ruthless streak which saw the Premier League team strike the woodwork four times over the two legs but succeed in scoring only once. They could always point, too, to Lionel Messi’s brilliance. Antonio Conte described the tie’s decisive performer as “not a top player, but a super, super, super top player”, the kind who crops up once or twice a century. He was the difference.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.