The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:30:12 +0000: Mason Mount goes into midfield duel with Luka Modric on equal footing - Chelsea | The Guardian
After an outstanding season for Chelsea and England, the midfielder looks forward to taking on Croatia’s craftsman
Mason Mount is not a person who likes to stand still. The Chelsea and England midfielder is a blur of movement on the pitch and he enjoys finding ways to improve his game during his down time. “I love football,” Mount says. “Any chance I get to watch games, learn how I can be better, I’ll do that. That helps: to be fully focused on being the best you can be.”
It is no wonder that José Mourinho has been raving about Mount’s football brain this week. The 22-year-old has had an outstanding season, helping Chelsea win the Champions League, and it will be fascinating to watch his duel with Luka Modric when England meet Croatia at Wembley on Sunday.Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Jun 2021 15:28:06 +0000: Chelsea face competition from PSG to sign Inter defender Achraf Hakimi - Chelsea | The Guardian
- PSG have made €60m offer but Internazionale want €80m
- Hakimi joining could push Tino Livramento towards Villa
Chelsea are interested in signing the Internazionale full-back Achraf Hakimi but face competition from Paris Saint-Germain, who have already made a first offer of €60m (£51.8m).
Inter are holding out for €80m but may have to settle for less. The Serie A side are in desperate need to raise funds and the manager, Antonio Conte, left shortly after leading them to the league title because of the desire to sell key players.Continue reading...
- Wed, 09 Jun 2021 13:27:40 +0000: Six English ESL breakaway clubs agree to pay £22m to grassroots causes - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Clubs and Premier League settle on punishment payment
- Sum is less per club than average squad member’s yearly salary
The six English clubs who attempted to join the European Super League have agreed a settlement with the Premier League in which they will pay £22m between them to causes that support “the good of the game”. The sum is more than was agreed with Uefa in a similar act of contrition but still amounts to less per club than they would pay an average squad member in a year.
A further agreement was struck on new rules to prevent such a breakaway from happening again. In future each club agreeing to enter a competition without the consent of the league would pay a fine of £25m and receive a 30-point deduction. Under the terms of the ESL, the six – Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham – had planned to continue playing in their domestic leagues as well as in the invitation-only competition.Continue reading...
- Tue, 08 Jun 2021 08:12:49 +0000: Dortmund plan to keep Haaland amid Chelsea interest but ready to sell Sancho - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Club want £150m striker Haaland to stay for another season
- Manchester United target Jadon Sancho can go for £77.5m
Borussia Dortmund remain determined to keep Erling Haaland for another year despite Chelsea’s desire to sign the striker.
Thomas Tuchel is keen to bring in a forward after winning the Champions League and Chelsea are ready to ramp up their interest in Haaland. The Norwegian, also coveted by Manchester City, has scored 57 goals since joining Dortmund 17 months ago and has established himself as one of the most exciting players in Europe.Continue reading...
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 16:04:53 +0000: Chelsea extend Tuchel’s contract and trigger extra year for Olivier Giroud - Chelsea | The Guardian
- Manager extends deal to June 2024 and gets pay rise
- Options taken to extend Giroud and Thiago Silva contracts
Chelsea have handed Thomas Tuchel a two-year contract extension as reward for leading the club to Champions League glory and, in a surprise move, have extended Olivier Giroud’s deal by a season.
Tuchel signed an 18-month contract when he replaced Frank Lampard in January, but the German convinced the club to insert a clause stating that he would be given another two years if he won the Champions League or the Premier League.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 07 Jun 2021 13:29:26 +0000: Phil Foden: Manchester City midfielder Europe's most valuable player, says CIES Football Observatory - BBC Sport
English trio Phil Foden, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood are the most valuable players in Europe's top-five leagues, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 17:33:09 +0000: Chelsea: Olivier Giroud and Thiago Silva sign new one-year deals - BBC Sport
Chelsea take up options to sign striker Olivier Giroud and defender Thiago Silva on new one-year contracts.
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 12:32:26 +0000: Thomas Tuchel: Chelsea manager signs contract extension until 2024 - BBC Sport
Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel signs a contract extension until the summer of 2024.
- Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:33:54 +0000: Uefa Super Cup: Irish FA President David Martin hopes a 'big, big crowd' can attend Chelsea v Villarreal game at Windsor Park - BBC Sport
Irish FA President David Martin believes the Uefa Super Cup will be one of the biggest matches played in Northern Ireland in recent history.
- Tue, 01 Jun 2021 15:51:27 +0000: Chelsea & Leicester fined for melee in Premier League fixture - BBC Sport
The Football Association fines Chelsea and Leicester after their players clashed in a Premier League game in May.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.