The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:30:02 +0000: Unai Emery says Arsenal can forget top four if they lose to Chelsea - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Fifth-placed Arsenal are six points behind Saturday’s visitors
• Emery wary of threat of Eden Hazard in Emirates showdown
Unai Emery accepts that Arsenal’s hopes of qualifying for the Champions League via Premier League position will be over if they lose to Chelsea at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Related: Arsenal v Chelsea: match previewContinue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:58:05 +0000: Gonzalo Higuaín to arrive in London for formalities of Chelsea loan move - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Striker will join initially for six months from Juventus
• Maurizio Sarri also hopes to sign a midfielder this month
Gonzalo Higuaín is expected in London over the next 48 hours to undertake a medical and complete the formalities of his move to Chelsea from Juventus, initially on a six-month loan, with Maurizio Sarri still keen for the striker to be joined by a midfielder at Stamford Bridge.
Higuaín, who has spent the first half of the season on loan at Milan, has said his goodbyes to his Rossoneri teammates having pushed to be reunited with Sarri, under whose stewardship he scored 36 goals for Napoli in Serie A two seasons ago.Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 14:05:18 +0000: Arsenal v Chelsea: match preview - Chelsea | The Guardian
For Arsenal, the situation is laced with peril. Lose and their top-four hopes could be over. Unai Emery’s side have hit a downturn, losing three of their last six league games, but the defeats have come away from home. As Emery has been happy to point out, Arsenal have been impressive at the Emirates. Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders, with goals difficult to come by. January transfer activity (or the lack of it at Arsenal) provides the background noise. David Hytner
Saturday 5.30pm BT Sport 1Continue reading...
- Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:21:57 +0000: Premier League: 10 things to look out for this weekend - Chelsea | The Guardian
Who will Pochettino turn to up front? Will Lindelöf banish bad memories of Brighton? And should Sarri start Giroud?
If Mauricio Pochettino could have picked one Premier League team to start playing against without his top scorer and his most in-form attacker, then he would surely have plumped for Fulham. Claudio Ranieri’s defensively chaotic side are the perfect opponents in a far-from-ideal scenario for Tottenham, who must learn to cope without Harry Kane and Son Heung-min. It will still be interesting to see how Mauricio Pochettino tries to overcome those losses. Perhaps he will ask Dele Alli or Lucas Moura to play as a shifty striker or maybe he’ll deploy Fernando Llorente, a more conventional centre-forward who netted a hat-trick in the recent annihilation of Tranmere Rovers? Or the manager might even push his faith in youth to an unprecedented extreme by giving a start to the highly promising 16-year-old Irish striker Troy Parrott, who has yet to appear for the senior team? Whatever the manager opts for, Spurs can be confident of victory given that Fulham have been so hapless this season that they even managed to concede two goals last week despite restricting Burnley to no shots on target. PDContinue reading...
- Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:34:21 +0000: Ashley Cole discusses Derby County move to reunite with Frank Lampard - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Full-back, 38, has been without a club since November
• Retirement also being considered by former Chelsea player
Ashley Cole is in talks with Derby County with a view to joining the Championship club until the end of the season. The 38-year-old former England international is understood to be weighing up whether to sign a short-term deal for Derby in a move that would see him reunited with Frank Lampard, his former Chelsea teammate, or whether to call time on a distinguished career.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.