The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Wed, 26 Sep 2018 08:00:13 +0000: Gianfranco Zola delights in Chelsea return as Maurizio Sarri’s assistant | Dominic Fifield - Chelsea | The Guardian
Zola is grateful to be back at Stamford Bridge with his fellow Italian after a difficult time managing Birmingham
Gianfranco Zola never expected to find himself back at Chelsea. Not as a club employee, at any rate, and certainly not in the dugout as assistant first-team coach given how sour his most recent taste of management proved. The Italian spent a little over four months in the Championship at Birmingham City before resigning in April 2017.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 Sep 2018 22:11:16 +0000: Jürgen Klopp warns Liverpool players to take Carabao Cup seriously - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Klopp to give game time to underused squad members
• Dejan Lovren and Simon Mignolet set to start against Chelsea
Jürgen Klopp has warned that any player who undervalues the Carabao Cup will have “a real problem” at Liverpool as his team must prove themselves in every fixture.
Liverpool host Chelsea in the third round on Wednesday with their manager planning changes to the relatively settled side who have won their first seven games of the season. Simon Mignolet is a confirmed starter in goal while Dejan Lovren could make his first appearance since the World Cup final on 15 July having recovered from a stomach injury.Continue reading...
- Tue, 25 Sep 2018 14:00:11 +0000: Roman Abramovich posed threat to public security, Swiss police said - Chelsea | The Guardian
Police reported ‘suspicion of money laundering and presumed contacts with criminal organisations’
Switzerland’s federal police advised that the Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich posed a “threat to public security and a reputational risk” to the country if he became a resident, it has emerged.
The Chelsea football club owner on Tuesday lost a seven-month legal battle against a newspaper publisher to prevent the publication of information on the reasons for his failure to secure Swiss residency.Continue reading...
- Mon, 24 Sep 2018 07:31:05 +0000: Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action - Chelsea | The Guardian
Ramsey needs to discover his inner Lampard, Shaqiri deserved more time and Traoré has become a specialist substituteContinue reading...
- Sun, 23 Sep 2018 19:14:42 +0000: The Dozen: the weekend’s best Premier League photos - Chelsea | The Guardian
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flightContinue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.