The Latest Chelsea FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 24 May 2019 21:30:23 +0000: Frank Lampard describes rumours over Chelsea job as an ‘easy link’ - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Derby manager says focus is solely on play-off final
• ‘We’ve got a game coming up and they’ve got a manager’
Frank Lampard will hold crucial talks with Mel Morris, the Derby County owner, about the club’s future in the wake of Monday’s Championship play-off final against Aston Villa, but his own position as manager is also likely to be high on the agenda in response to rumours that Chelsea could make a move for him.
Lampard described the reports in relation to the Chelsea job as an “easy link” given the 13 years he spent there as a player and insisted that now was not the time to talk at length on that subject. He pointed to the fact that Maurizio Sarri, whose position has been under scrutiny for some time, is the Chelsea manager, and said his focus is solely on trying to lead Derby to promotion to the Premier League in the £170m showdown at Wembley.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 May 2019 17:29:12 +0000: Disabled fans of Arsenal and Chelsea snub Azerbaijan’s Europa League final - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Cost and logistics of Baku trip putting off supporters
• Access issues exacerbate problems for wheelchair users
Disabled supporters have turned their backs on the Europa League final, joining a wave of dissent over Uefa’s decision to hold the showpiece event in Azerbaijan.
Arsenal and Chelsea have each sold only a single pair of tickets offering access to a disabled supporter and their assistant for Wednesday’s match in Baku’s Olympic Stadium. Arsenal have sold six pairs of easy access tickets for disabled supporters who do not require a wheelchair and Chelsea four pairs.Continue reading...
- Fri, 24 May 2019 09:23:29 +0000: Champions League win could spark Tottenham trophy spree, says Mourinho - Chelsea | The Guardian
• Mourinho says for Klopp to lose third final would be ‘really hard’
• Former Chelsea manager expects Eden Hazard to leave club
José Mourinho believes Tottenham could go on a trophy spree if they win the Champions League final against Liverpool.
“Spurs is not winning titles and to win the first one, the biggest one of all, would be, of course, fantastic and would mean to win other domestic trophies [is easier] because the Champions League is the biggest one of all,” Mourinho told Sky Sports. “I think, big match, of course, with huge levels of pressure. We used to say finals are not to play, finals are to win.”Continue reading...
- Thu, 23 May 2019 10:00:03 +0000: Fenerbahce’s Victor Moses: ‘The atmosphere here in Turkey is amazing’ - Chelsea | The Guardian
Frozen out at Chelsea, Victor Moses took a gamble with a loan move to Turkey and is happy with the way things have turned out in Istanbul
Moving abroad was not always part of the plan for Victor Moses but after being left out in the cold by Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea, the forward is enjoying the heat of the action at Fenerbahce. By his own admission he could have taken easier options when deciding where to move in January but the challenge of bringing one of Turkey’s bigger clubs out of a relegation battle was appealing.
Sarri’s summer arrival at Chelsea brought a change in system, with Moses being a victim of the adjustments. The Nigerian enjoyed a Stamford Bridge renaissance under Antonio Conte after a stuttering spell in west London in which he went out on loan three times before becoming a key component of the title-winning squad of 2016-17. However, he managed only five appearances under Sarri, forcing him to look elsewhere.Continue reading...
- Wed, 22 May 2019 18:41:24 +0000: Premier League finances: the full club-by-club breakdown and verdict - Chelsea | The Guardian
Club accounts for 2017-18 show Manchester United spent the most on wages while champions Manchester City had the third-highest bill
Financial figures for 2017-18, for the 20 clubs who were in the Premier League during that season. All details from the most recently published annual reports at Companies House. Net debt is as stated in the accounts; debts minus cash held at the bank. The separate categories of turnover are each rounded down or up, so added together they do not always tally with the total turnover figure.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 19:32:13 +0000: Lyon sign Chelsea's Traore for £8.8m - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea striker Bertrand Traore joins Lyon for a fee of £8.8m on a five-year contract.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 16:37:05 +0000: Hazard, Ba & Cabaye invest in NASL club - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea's Eden Hazard and Crystal Palace's Yohan Cabaye are among the investors backing a new football club in the United States.
- Mon, 26 Jun 2017 10:53:59 +0000: Chelsea close to deal for Bakayoko - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Chelsea are close to signing midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko from French champions Monaco and the deal could be completed this week.
- Fri, 23 Jun 2017 17:18:25 +0000: Shield proceeds to be given to Grenfell - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Proceeds from the 2017 FA Community Shield will be donated to support those affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
- Thu, 22 Jun 2017 11:29:12 +0000: Juve get 'substantial offer' for Sandro - Latest Stories, Video, and Commentary about Chelsea | BBC
Juventus receive a "substantial offer" for Brazilian left-back Alex Sandro, who is reported to be a target for Chelsea.
Roberto DiMatteo has been a busy manager for Chelsea so far in the transfer window with a number of new signings making their way to Stamford Bridge with the Italian looking to strengthen his squad considerably after a poor premier league season. One of the first signings of the season for the club was influential winger Eden Hazard for a fee believed to be around the twenty five million pound mark with the player signing a four year deal for the current European champions.
Another player is a hot favourite to be plying his trade at the bridge next season is the highly regarded Brazilian super kid Oscar although negotiations are still ongoing to bring him to England. The Internacional playmaker is thought to be costing Chelsea a fee of around twenty five million pounds but the deal according to DiMatteo is far from being completed and could fall through at any moment if the players current side decide to barter the price for his services. The player has stated that he would like to help his country compete in the Olympic games before he puts pen to paper so Chelsea fans may have to wait a little longer before they know if they have their man.
Wigan today have again rejected a third bid from Chelsea to bring in form winger Victor Moses to the bridge as the Lactics are doing their very best to keep their star player at the club for another season. Moses who has just a single year left on his current contract with Wigan is seen as the perfect addition to the Italians plans but the offer which is thought to be around the three and a half million pound mark is thought to be way short of the Lactics valuation of the player.
Frenchman Florent Malouda is another player whos future lies in the balance at Chelsea with the winger said to be wanting to hold showdown talks with the club after moving down the pecking order at the bridge. Malouda wishes to have his future clarified before the start of the season or he will look for pastures new with the player being strongly linked with Santos who feel the player would be perfect for their needs and could offer him first team football every week.
Chelsea now also face stern opposition for the signature of Brazilian playmaker Lucas Moura who is currently under contract with Sao Paulo from clubs such as Manchester United, Real Madrid and Inter Milan. The player is widely thought to be one of the hottest prospects in world football and has an outstanding record for his home side.