The Latest Bolton Wanderers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Sat, 02 Dec 2017 19:01:42 +0000: Millwall shock Sheffield United, Bristol City beat Middlesbrough to go third - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
- Blades and Robins both six points behind second-placed Cardiff
- Seventh-tier Hereford earn FA Cup replay against Fleetwood
Winless in their last six games and with fixtures against Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Derby and Wolves to come this month, Millwall were in danger of drifting down the table – but ended their barren run against promotion-chasing Sheffield United. Lee Gregory gave Millwall the lead against the run of play, before David Brooks’ spectacular finish made it 1-1 at half-time. Defender Mahlon Romeo and Jake Cooper scored in the second half to seal a surprise win, and leave Chris Wilder’s side six points behind second-placed Cardiff, who beat Norwich on Friday.Continue reading...
- Tue, 19 Sep 2017 20:52:43 +0000: Marko Arnautovic helps West Ham to easy victory over Bolton Wanderers - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
West Ham United could have been forgiven for checking the terms and conditions on the receipt when Marko Arnautovic pressed the self-destruct button in only his second match for the club. That preposterous red card against Southampton last month was certainly not what West Ham had in mind when they made him their record buy in the summer.
They thought they were getting a player with the craft and guile to make them forget about Dimitri Payet, not a £24m hothead who has to issue public apologies after leaving his team-mates in the lurch.Continue reading...
- Wed, 06 Sep 2017 07:58:05 +0000: Football transfer rumours: Sánchez to Manchester City for £20m in January? - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
Today’s tittle-tattle is surveying the wreckage
It’s been almost a week since the transfer window closed, and all over the country players are sheepishly returning to training. Virgil van Dijk is running extra hard at Southampton, and Diego Costa is jetting back to London, if only because Atlético Madrid are concerned that park football may not be enough to sustain his match fitness until January. Costa is not in Chelsea’s Champions League squad, but could throw his weight around in the Premier League once again.Continue reading...
- Fri, 25 Aug 2017 22:43:00 +0000: Championship round-up: Onomah earns point for Aston Villa against Bristol City - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Bristol City 1-1 Aston Villa
• Hull City 4-0 Bolton Wanderers
Josh Onomah struck a 64th-minute equaliser to earn Aston Villa a point from a full-blooded Championship clash with Bristol City at Ashton Gate. The on-loan Tottenham midfielder’s well-struck shot from 25 yards took a deflection off Marlon Pack to leave the City goalkeeper, Frank Fielding, grasping at thin air.
Four minutes earlier the hosts had gone in front. Villa failed to clear a free-kick on the edge of their box, awarded for a foul by John Terry on Bobby Reid, and Jamie Paterson pounced to score with a low left-footed shot from 12 yards.Continue reading...
- Tue, 15 Aug 2017 21:49:52 +0000: Championship round-up: Cardiff City break record with third consecutive win - Bolton Wanderers | The Guardian
• Cardiff City win opening three games for first time in their 118-year history
• Wolves beat Hull; Ipswich defeat Millwall; Middlesbrough overcome Burton
Cardiff City created club history as a 2-0 victory over Sheffield United kept them top of the Sky Bet Championship.
The Welsh club had never started a campaign with three league wins in their 118-year history but that odd statistic was consigned to history as Sean Morrison and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing put the gloss on a performance that suggests Cardiff may be credible promotion contenders this season.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip got Bolton FC has been archived below:
- Mon, 22 May 2017 15:30:00 +0000: Mark Davies - It has been an honour - News Feed
- Mon, 22 May 2017 12:45:00 +0000: Lawrie Wilson pleased to go out on a high - News Feed
- Fri, 19 May 2017 15:00:00 +0000: Wanderers confirm further player departures - News Feed
- Fri, 19 May 2017 12:45:00 +0000: Annual Service of Remembrance takes place next Tuesday - News Feed
- Fri, 19 May 2017 12:36:30 +0000: Yorkshire Bank PLC raise funds for Ted Waring whilst playing at Macron Stadium - News Feed
Bolton Wanderers who are still reeling from being relegated last season have been showing much interest in many new players during the closed season as manager Owen Coyle looks to reinforce his squad for next season. The manager has a number of targets on his radar as he hopes to take Bolton straight back up to England`s top flight next year.
The first player who looks set to arrive at the trotters next season is the highly thought of Leeds United goalkeeper Andy Lonergan who looks all set to pen a new three year deal for Bolton. The goalkeeper has only last season signed a new three year deal at Leeds but with places not being available for him in the squad he looks all set to be playing his football in the Midlands next season in a deal thought to be worth around three million pounds.
Former Bristol City midfielder Kalifa Cisses is another player who looks set to join Owen Coyles side as they have taken him on a trial basis from the club from the south. Coyle has long been a huge admirer of the player who has found his chances very limited at Bristol and is looking for a new challenge and the deal looks all set to go through on a permanent basis as long as the player passes a medical.
Chelsea midfielder Oriol Romeu is another player being linked to the side from Bolton as the highly rated Spaniard looks set to leave Stamford Bridge after seeing his chances of first team action being dealt a huge blow by the arrival of Eden Hazard as well as the proposed signing of Brazilian midfielder Oscar.
Another player who has recently left Bolton is defender Mark Connolly who has just been acquired by Crawley Town on a two year contract. Connolly has found his chances with Bolton very limited and has had to branch out in his search for first team football with Coyle said to be quite disappointed with the players decision to leave.