The Latest Blackburn Rovers FC Transfer News, Stories and Updates have been added below for 2017 – 2018
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 09:05:54 +0000: Alan Miller, former Arsenal and West Brom goalkeeper, dies aged 51 - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Miller’s other clubs included Blackburn and Birmingham
- Lee Dixon pays tribute to ‘one of life’s good guys’
The former West Bromwich Albion and Middlesbrough goalkeeper Alan Miller has died aged 51. Miller, who began his career at Arsenal, made 103 appearances for West Brom and 64 for Boro, helping the Teesside club to promotion to the Premier League in 1995.
Miller also had a spell at Blackburn, and loans at several other clubs including Birmingham and St Johnstone, before retiring from the game in 2003 because of a back injury.Continue reading...
- Fri, 16 Apr 2021 22:20:49 +0000: Wayne Rooney rages at referee after Derby’s survival bid hit at Blackburn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Manager angry after ‘clear’ penalty turned down in 2-1 loss
- Reading’s play-off hopes stall in draw with Cardiff
Wayne Rooney slammed “unacceptable” refereeing after his Derby side suffered a damaging 2-1 defeat at Blackburn.
Tom Lawrence’s second goal of the season gave Derby a lead they looked set to build on until Sam Gallagher’s free header levelled before the break. Harvey Elliott then marked his 50th senior appearance by firing in the winner midway through the second half to deal a potentially devastating blow to the Rams, who remain just above the drop zone, four points ahead of Rotherham having played three games more.Continue reading...
- Mon, 05 Apr 2021 18:36:17 +0000: Championship roundup: Warnock says Watford will walk promotion after Boro draw - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Hornets claim a point after conceding late goal from Bolasie
- Wycombe boost slim survival hopes with win over Rotherham
Neil Warnock tipped Watford to join Norwich in the Premier League next season after watching his Middlesbrough side claim a point in their lunchtime Championship clash at the Riverside Stadium.
League One leaders Hull extended their advantage to three points with a 3-0 home win over Northampton as promotion rivals Peterborough and Sunderland drew 1-1 at London Road.
Tranmere earned a draw at home to League Two leaders Cambridge, a point that moves them into the top three after Bolton's 14-game unbeaten run was ended by Newport County.Continue reading...
- Wed, 17 Mar 2021 22:41:26 +0000: Championship roundup: Norwich beat Forest but Farke calls for focus - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- Canaries extend lead over Watford at top of Championship
- Barnsley see off Wycombe 3-1; Bowyer’s Birmingham win
Norwich maintained their stranglehold at the top of the Championship with a comfortable 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest. Teemu Pukki scored his 22nd league goal of the season and Kieran Dowell added a second before half-time as the Canaries broke a club record with their ninth consecutive league win.
Daniel Farke’s side extended their lead over second-placed Watford to 10 points with 10 games remaining, but the manager has asked his players to remain focused.Continue reading...
- Tue, 09 Mar 2021 20:32:30 +0000: EFL roundup: Ayew on spot again as Swansea stumble to draw at Blackburn - Blackburn Rovers | The Guardian
- André Ayew penalty earns 1-1 draw at Ewood Park
- Joey Barton critical of referee after Bristol Rovers win
André Ayew scored a penalty for the fourth game in a row but Swansea missed a chance to move into the Championship’s top two as they were held to a 1-1 draw at Blackburn.
Ayew’s previous two spot-kicks earned latewins over Middlesbrough and Stoke, and on Tuesday his 41st-minute penalty cancelled out Bradley Dack’s opener to earn a point as Blackburn missed a host of chances to claim victory. Swansea move level with second-placed Watfordwith a game in hand.Continue reading...
Historical Transfer News and Team Gossip has been archived below:
- Tue, 01 Jun 2021 09:30:00 +0000: Arma loving life through the middle - Blackburn Rovers News
The hitman plundered 29 goals in all competitions during 2020-21
- Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:00:00 +0000: Lyons helps Shrimps into League One! - Blackburn Rovers News
It was a memorable Monday for the Northern Irishman and Morecambe
Brad Lyons signed off his season in style as he helped Morecambe to promotion to Sky Bet League One on Monday afternoon.
- Mon, 31 May 2021 13:30:00 +0000: Clubs confirmed for 2021-22 - Blackburn Rovers News
The play-off finals took place over the weekend and the teams have been confirmed for next term
Following the conclusion of the weekend's Sky Bet Championship and Sky Bet League One play-off Finals, we can confirm the teams who Rovers will come up against in 2020-22.
- Mon, 31 May 2021 07:30:00 +0000: Lyons excited for Wembley outing - Blackburn Rovers News
“I’ve never watched a game there and hopefully it will be an occasion that I’ll never forget"
Brad Lyons wants to make his first trip to Wembley a memorable one when Morecambe take on Newport County in the Sky Bet League Two play-off Final this afternoon.
- Sat, 29 May 2021 14:00:00 +0000: You never stop learning - Blackburn Rovers News
Bradley Johnson's been reflecting on the 2020-21 campaign
Bradley Johnson's experienced pretty much everything in his long career but, even at 34, he admits he's still gaining knowledge every time he steps out onto the pitch.
Newly relegated Blackburn Rovers have now resigned themselves to loosing many of their top players in the closed season due to their unsuccessful season just gone which will break the hearts of many of their supporters. One of the first players who will make an exit from Ewood Park is French midfielder Steven N`Zonzi who look set to return to the premier league as their are now a number of clubs battling for the players signature.
On a plus note the side from the north have many targets on their scope for the new season as Steve Kean looks to bolster his squad options with the first of these to be signed being the Portuguese striker Nuno Gomes. The influential striker has just signed a two year deal to take him to Ewood Park on a free transfer as he was released from his previous side Braga at the end of the season.
Another two players who have been signed by kean so far are Danny Murphy and Leon Best who have recently both signed lucrative deals to help the side retake their position in the top flight of English football. Both players arrived on free transfers which is always a bonus for clubs and bring with them a wealth of experience.
Want away winger Junior Hoilett is another player who is close to leaving the club this summer as he is on the verge of a move to German side Borussia Monchengladbach. The player is also said to have held talks with many of the premier leagues top clubs but it look for than likely that the player will look for pastures new in on of Europe’s top leagues. The twenty two year old has just been seen to fly out to Germany to seal this deal so barring a disaster you will see him in the colours of Monchengladbach next season.
Finally rover have also been involved in arranging the transfer of up and coming Ipswich goal keeper Scott Loach who has been on Keans radar for some time and are now looking to hijack an approach from Watford. The young keeper is thought to be the perfect player for Kean to rebuild from the back and it is believe that Loach is very keen on a move up north.